Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424846 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2019
thorrvik55:

320 based on my oga way u be.
oya mk we connect abeg.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2019
odizeey:
oya mk we connect abeg.

Check ur mail, sir.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:00am On Sep 03, 2019
thorrvik55:

Respect. You tried for him
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2019
samsard:
Respect. You tried for him
na my oga o. Hunger is gone. I dey shout for that bank tomorrow. Make I no see my money first.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by petreli08: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2019
Hello guys. I felt I should drop this for the guys having a constant low rating(I only recently started getting 4s and 5s myself).

If you are typing on a phone, it's probably a disadvantage. It's well easy on a PC. As earlier said it's highly important to read the FAQs particularly on numerals

Time is written 5:00 a.m, 7:00p.m
A hundred dollars is $100
50 cent is $0.5
Days, month and year Less than 10 should be written in words. However, if it's in range it will be like this: 4 to 5 days.

Also install grammarly. It's very good for US calls. You only need to do little editing. Always start from the beginning. Skip only when you have difficulties. You may get hints to help you as you proceed with the call.

Another important aspect is the structure of your sentence. The platform doesn't like a very long sentence. Always discern when you can observe a pause and put a full stop instead of a comma. I think this has been of most help to me.

Lastly do not transcribe full address. You can transcribe a part description like Lagos, Nigeria or Allen A, Yaba. But never a full address.

The inaudible sign can be applied once in 2:30 mins. So do the maths.

This is my own little contribution. Thanks.

9 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
for people like me that use their phones or tablet for transcription. I found a new keyboard on Play store that combines the alphabet keys and also the desktop control keys. this will make it easier for you to type faster and also reduce the amount of time you switch interface while typing. the name of the keyboard is " Hacker's keyboard " it gives the user a chance to modified the layout to suit his job. is just 2mb on Play store. the screenshot below shows how it looks like on my phone.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2019
SUPERPACK:
for people like me that use their phones or tablet for transcription. I found a new keyboard on Play store that combines the alphabet keys and also the desktop control keys. this will make it easier for you to type faster and also reduce the amount of time you switch interface while typing. the name of the keyboard is " Hacker's keyboard " it gives the user a chance to modified the layout to suit his job. is just 2mb on Play store. the screenshot below shows how it looks like on my phone.
In the other news, the link in your signature is virus-infested. Make $100 doing what?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
TechCapon:
I guess so

The best thing you can do for yourself is to continually try and fail.
As you continue, go through the FAQ and the first few pages of this thread to get familiar.

The major issue is allowing your ears get used to the calls.

Guys like samsard, hausadreturn drawnobet and co who created and gave us advice at the beginning of this thread didn't really have it as easy as most of us are today.

They had no one to ask and used their failures to learn. I really admire them because if not for this thread, I would have given up on the job a long time ago before I got the hang of it.

Now, the 1's and 2's rating is like a dream to me. There was a time I though I will never get five consecutively. I thought guys like psyqs and Biggieboy were some sort of wizards with how good they were at getting those five's. grin

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by TechCapon(m): 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2019
generationz:

The best thing you can do for yourself is to continually try and fail.
As you continue, go through the FAQ and the first few pages of this thread to get familiar.

The major issue is allowing your ears get used to the calls.

Guys like samsard, hausadreturn drawnobet and co who created and gave us advice at the beginning of this thread didn't really have it as easy as most of us are today.

They had no one to ask and used their failures to learn. I really admire them because if not for this thread, I would have given up on the job a long time ago before I got the hang of it.

Now, the 1's and 2's rating is like a dream to me. There was a time I though I will never get five consecutively. I thought guys like psyqs and Biggieboy were some sort of wizards with how good they were at getting those five's. grin
lol. I did home light today and it was good.. How many do you do daily? Let's talk on WhatsApp ok??
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
hausadreturn:
In the other news, the link in your signature is virus-infested. Make $100 doing what?
hahaha i even forgot that i have such, will remove it now
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by DeltaBachelor(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2019
samsard:
They'll start tracking you when you do that, don't be a lazy trandcriber, do things the right way. If you can't get it done, just leave that one and unto the next.
ok. Thanks bro
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
TechCapon:
lol. I did home light today and it was good.. How many do you do daily? Let's talk on WhatsApp ok??

It depends on how free I am
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Smartlife(m): 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2019
Passed the test..... Accent funny �

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
JMystique:

Going through not gone through, I'd have thought the people here would be good at simple comprehension
I take it that some people are naturally dumb and stupid.
Cos if not, you would expect someone to have read at least 10 pages before they could say “going through this thread from page 1” for a 80+ page thread.
The 10 pages I mentioned is even for the records sef. Anyone that reads just first 3 pages of this thread wouldn’t be asking for mentorship or whatever.
It wasn’t even you I quoted in the first place . But here you are jumping on my mention like a rabid dog.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by TechCapon(m): 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
generationz:

It depends on how free I am
just completed collection house. I'm beginning to get acquainted with it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 6:30pm On Sep 03, 2019
TechCapon:
just completed collection house. I'm beginning to get acquainted with it.
Great.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by TechCapon(m): 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2019
generationz:

Great.
yeah. Sent u a dm
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2019
help please are we to use British or American spelling?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
SUPERPACK:
help please are we to use British or American spelling?
Doesn't matter much. Just be consistent
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2019
samsard:
Doesn't matter much. Just be consistent
thanks alot.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:16am On Sep 04, 2019
Lol.. Boys the vex.. No calls as of this morning. shocked shocked

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:18am On Sep 04, 2019
nwafresh:
i am suprised, is it normal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:23am On Sep 04, 2019
thorrvik55:

Minus the $5 withdrawal charge, right?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NEVOH: 8:26am On Sep 04, 2019
nwafresh:

It's not as if there is no call, it's intentional.
Because I know the number of calls they had last night, it can't magically disappear.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:33am On Sep 04, 2019
No calls cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:33am On Sep 04, 2019
NEVOH:

It's not as if there is no call, it's intentional.
Because I know the number of calls they had last night, it can't magically disappear.

Why do you think they did that?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:30am On Sep 04, 2019
petreli08:
Hello guys. I felt I should drop this for the guys having a constant low rating(I only recently started getting 4s and 5s myself).

If you are typing on a phone, it's probably a disadvantage. It's well easy on a PC. As earlier said it's highly important to read the FAQs particularly on numerals

Time is written 5:00 a.m, 7:00p.m
A hundred dollars is $100
50 cent is $0.5
Days, month and year Less than 10 should be written in words. However, if it's in range it will be like this: 4 to 5 days.

Also install grammarly. It's very good for US calls. You only need to do little editing. Always start from the beginning. Skip only when you have difficulties. You may get hints to help you as you proceed with the call.

Another important aspect is the structure of your sentence. The platform doesn't like a very long sentence. Always discern when you can observe a pause and put a full stop instead of a comma. I think this has been of most help to me.

Lastly do not transcribe full address. You can transcribe a part description like Lagos, Nigeria or Allen A, Yaba. But never a full address.

The inaudible sign can be applied once in 2:30 mins. So do the maths.

This is my own little contribution. Thanks.
please the grammarly you are talking of is it same with ''grammarly keyboard'. also can I use it when typing with a different keyboard.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by petreli08: 10:54am On Sep 04, 2019
SUPERPACK:
please the grammarly you are talking of is it same with ''grammarly keyboard'. also can I use it when typing with a different keyboard.

It's a PC software. You can add the extension to Chrome and Firefox
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2019
Demand have exceeded supply shocked
We're watching.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 11:41am On Sep 04, 2019
Is it a technical issue or we are just too many subscribers now? cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2019
Biritiko:

I take it that some people are naturally dumb and stupid.
Cos if not, you would expect someone to have read at least 10 pages before they could say “going through this thread from page 1” for a 80+ page thread.
The 10 pages I mentioned is even for the records sef. Anyone that reads just first 3 pages of this thread wouldn’t be asking for mentorship or whatever.
It wasn’t even you I quoted in the first place . But here you are jumping on my mention like a rabid dog.

Please, try and be gentle with newbies. Remember we were all once new here and asked stupid questions too.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2019
generationz:
Is it a technical issue or we are just too many subscribers now? cry

They obviously pulled down the queue for some reason. Those FC UKs would at least have been on there grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.