Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424743 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2019
Pareidolia:

Thanks. I'll try to verify my bank since I can't verify my card.
undecided You can't. Your blood is still hot abi
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Pareidolia: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2019
samsard:
undecided You can't. Your blood is still hot abi
Lol. Someone just told me earlier. I won't try it. Been picking FC and they don't even come with automatic transcriptions for me to edit. I've been releasing them cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2019
Ayo199:
I'm sad ryt now.. I just lost a 11 minute call that I've almost completed due to Mozilla misbehaving..
chai!! This is painful o
It happens. Na because say you be fresher.
Once you don nack like 4 months on the job, you'll be doing a 21-minute call for instance, and on the 16th minute, you'll abdandon it to go and do things like watch football. It won't be like anything.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
Pareidolia:

Lol. Someone just told me earlier. I won't try it. Been picking FC and they don't even come with automatic transcriptions for me to edit. I've been releasing them cry
By chance, did you read through the thread?
Remember the GTA game? Where you'll be walking around and seeing those hidden stuff in weird places. Whereby when you pick one, you'll see something like "2 out of 100."
If you skipped the reading, there're things you might likely miss, that will not be brought back if not discussed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
Ogaemmy:

Have you ever complained and got it rated? Because, most people I see complaining are refferred to the FAQ section that talks about normalcy in rating delay.
I don't complain. I don't need to.
The calls will sha be rated, whether they like it or not. Whenever they feel like, na dem sabi.

Just refresh from time to time, so that if na 1 or 2, you'll jump on the "redo."

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2019
In the other news, I've been thinking...
No one has even bothered to ask:
We withdraw money and get it instanta, and all that kind of stuff.

HOW MUCH IS THE TAX that UBA would deduct from the stuff?
Like the normal bank charges, I'm yet to see any deductions yet.
Has anyone thought it would be free or something?

What's it going to be like? Anyone with an idea?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 11:19pm On Sep 06, 2019
Pareidolia:

Yeah it was a 48secs call. That's not my fault. That's an added 1 rating though. embarassed
there is nothing like added rating on a call you got 1. it will bring down your total and average rating. to me I prefer not to do a call than to get one after.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 12:09am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:

The $5 PayPal charge for every withdrawal, it won't hurt them if they reason the bank at least $1.

Since the bank is not charging a dime from us, I think that's because PayPal settles them for every withdrawal made.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 12:27am On Sep 07, 2019
thorrvik55:

The $5 PayPal charge for every withdrawal, it won't hurt them if they reason the bank at least $1.

Since the bank is not charging a dime from us, I think that's because PayPal settles them for every withdrawal made.
Interesting line of thought.

You think PayPal seriously has any connection with the bank that gives us our money in cash?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ogaemmy: 12:30am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:
I don't complain. I don't need to.
The calls will sha be rated, whether they like it or not. Whenever they feel like, na dem sabi.

Just refresh from time to time, so that if na 1 or 2, you'll jump on the "redo."

God forbid. angry grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:

The bank is making a killing bro, check your account statements on gtp... There's a monthly account maintenance charge and SMS charges too 4 Naira a pop. I also want to believe that they still take something from the sweet rates being offered. It's good business for them.
Oh and yeah, you don't get alerts for those charges
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 4:21am On Sep 07, 2019
kinzu:

The bank is making a killing bro, check your account statements on gtp... There's a monthly account maintenance charge and SMS charges too 4 Naira a pop. I also want to believe that they still take something from the sweet rates being offered. It's good business for them.

please do you know how long it takes for paypal withdrawal to hit Africard?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:
Interesting line of thought.

You think PayPal seriously has any connection with the bank that gives us our money in cash?
I think the deal here is between MasterCard or Visa card and PayPal.. paypal will settle the card issuer with about $1 and then pay vat and. tax to their home country.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 7:55am On Sep 07, 2019
houzing:

please do you know how long it takes for paypal withdrawal to hit Africard?

Immediately most times. There are instances where PP delays processing withdrawals because they want to be sure they are paying out to the right person
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 7:59am On Sep 07, 2019
SUPERPACK:
I think the deal here is between MasterCard or Visa card and PayPal.. paypal will settle the card issuer with about $1 and then pay vat and. tax to their home country.
Conjecture. angry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2019
kinzu:

There's probably a monthly maintenance fee, but they haven't started deducting it.
Maybe the N1050 was a one-tim thing.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:
There's probably a monthly maintenance fee, but they haven't started deducting it.
I got another card and I wasn't charged the N1050.
65 per ATM withdrawal, maybe card maintenance fee, if you mistakenly but things on AliExpress rate is like 374 or thereabouts. + Banks would rather have your money flowing through them.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:12am On Sep 07, 2019
SUPERPACK:
there is nothing like added rating on a call you got 1. it will bring down your total and average rating. to me I prefer not to do a call than to get one after.
LMAO, that's more like divided average. He doesn't get it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:14am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:

So far, no taxes. Nigeria has loads of tax loopholes unlike America and Britain.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2019
samsard:
I got another card and I wasn't charged the N1050.
65 per ATM withdrawal, maybe card maintenance fee, if you mistakenly but things on AliExpress rate is like 374 or thereabouts. + Banks would rather have your money flowing through them.
Charge rate when buying on AliExpress depends on the particular bank.
GTB takes N365.
Some take N370+
I think Access takes N350+
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:
Yeah, the 1k was the card-issuing fee. The Charge Maintenance Fee is not much though (52.50). I was charged for July and August. Did you notice the SMS charge?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 8:53am On Sep 07, 2019
kinzu:
Yeah, the 1k was the card-issuing fee. The Charge Maintenance Fee is not much though (52.50). I was charged for July and August. Did you notice the SMS charge?
Sms charge, no.
Where did they send it? SMS or mail?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 9:01am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:
Sms charge, no.
Where did they send it? SMS or mail?
Oh, I see why. Check your GTpsecurecard transaction history. You will see all those charges there. They won't send you notifications for those
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:
Charge rate when buying on AliExpress depends on the particular bank.
GTB takes N365.
Some take N370+
I think Access takes N350+
I go collect Access Bank card be that. UBA was 370+.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 9:11am On Sep 07, 2019
samsard:
I go collect Access Bank card be that. UBA was 370+.
Let them know that you want Visa and you want it activated for int transactions. They always prefer to give MC but Visa is better for the kind of stuff you wanna use it for

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2019
kinzu:
Oh, I see why. Check your GTpsecurecard transaction history. You will see all those charges there. They won't send you notifications for those
Oh, I see. Interesting.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 9:30am On Sep 07, 2019
kinzu:
Let them know that you want Visa and you want it activated for int transactions. They always prefer to give MC but Visa is better for the kind of stuff you wanna use it for
Oh. Which means I can request for instance, for GT Visa, instead of Master, for AliExpress transactions?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 9:50am On Sep 07, 2019
hausadreturn:
Oh. Which means I can request for instance, for GT Visa, instead of Master, for AliExpress transactions?
Gbam. But GT will tell you they don't have visa debit
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ayo199(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2019
Guys am on a call now, the customer gave the ohine to his daughter because he isn't fluent in English..the daughter interprets the rep words to his dad in a different language in some parts of the work. Do I ignore those parts? I don't think its what FAQ answered..
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by damilare96(m): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2019
I’m excited i got 5 star rating today , one 12 minutes call and other 5 minutes with some 3 stars and plenty 1 star
It will always get better
Thanks for the guys contributing
May God help us all

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2019
Ayo199:
Guys am on a call now, the customer gave the ohine to his daughter because he isn't fluent in English..the daughter interprets the rep words to his dad in a different language in some parts of the work. Do I ignore those parts? I don't think its what FAQ answered..
Ignore if the foreign content was not more than a sentence and wasn't spoken to the rep. Check for other foreign content in the audio. If the foreign content exceeds one whole sentence, then it should be for release already.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2019
damilare96:
I’m excited i got 5 star rating today , one 12 minutes call and other 5 minutes with some 3 stars and plenty 1 star
It will always get better
Thanks for the guys contributing
May God help us all

Congratulations. It can only get better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.