Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts (48693 Views)

Where Is Tinubu? Reno Omokri Is Asking Nigerians / The Moment Tinubu Bowed For Orji Uzo Kalu's Mother (Video) / Moment Wike Bowed For Atiku At The 2023 PDP Primary Election In Abuja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by kby: 2:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
No long grammar, I just want to say God will bless you for this response
RichBoy247:

Not too late, you can still go and meet Sarathief in his village. You kick your elders, we bow for ours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Bridget95(f): 2:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
lequama10:
oh Let me explain who he is to you literally... He's thé one that transform lagos to thé abroad you and your likes look up to. Thé general retiree of igbos even GEJ you just mentioned.
where did he get the money to transform your 'London' from if not the oil that running underground of GEJ's compound.
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Bridget95(f): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
adeomoakin1:
This Reno or Rino of a thing self, does he need to be told that greeting is defer in different land, some kicks their elders with leg, some stretchs their hand first for shaking hand with their elders, some just wave their elders but, in Yoruba, you bow to your elders that's why they are called omoluabi...
But you insulted GEJ who is supposed to be father of the nation when he was president, isn't that hypocrisy?
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Bridget95(f): 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
ruffyjolly:
He is a mad man. Do u knw why? in their part of the world, they use legs to wake their Fathers. so am not surprise at his utterances. BASTARD.
Reno's mother is from Ogun state (yoruba) and his father is itshekiri which is a tribe in delta that branched out of Yoruba or even part of Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by vinboss: 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
Nbote:
Dis was exactly why dey wanted Saraki out... They wanted ppl who would b loyal slaves to their every plot and scheme to run d country like their personal property...
no

Can you boast I are not loyal to anybody since your life time?
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by food4tot: 2:51pm On Jun 26, 2019
joseph6071:
Reno Omokri on his Twitter page uploaded a video of the moment the Speaker of the House of Representative, Gbajabiamila bowed to Bola Tinubu.

He wrote...

"Video of Speaker Gbajabiamila bowing to Bola @AsiwajuTinubu in Lagos. Somehow, I do not think Nigeria will have an Independent Legislature with a Deputy @NGRSenate President who kneels down to General Buhari and a @HouseNGR Speaker who bows to Tinubu #FreeLeahSharibu #RenosDarts"

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/06/the-moment-speaker-gbajabiamila-bowed.html

If he doesn't bow then he would be considered culturally disrespectful. It's their culture to bow to people much older than you. I have seen some people bowing to their drivers. The driver would bow back to show respect to boss' purse and status.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Anonymous4: 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
We all know how Igbo wake their parents. This is our Culture and your position doesn't mean you shouldn't respect your elders. Reno senseless Man
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Bridget95(f): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
Anonymous4:
We all know how Igbo wake their parents. This is our Culture and your position doesn't mean you shouldn't respect your elders. Reno senseless Man
what is the connection to Igbos in this matter? Reno's parents are from Yoruba land and you are calling Igbos are you sane at all?
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Ojiofor: 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
RichBoy247:

Not too late, you can still go and meet Sarathief in his village. You kick your elders, we bow for ours.

Why is Tiefnubu not bowing to OBJ abi isn't OBJ his senior who he insult at every given opportunity?
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
those who gave Soyinka the award know better than u... it doesn't remove the fact that Achebe is a great writer and Nigerian Legend but questionin Soyinka award is stupid....
let another person organize similar like Nobel Prize and award posthumously to Achebe if de want to...
it's like crying over modric ballon dor he won last season...
he has won and that's all
I like d case of Modric u mentioned as it just futher proves my point because in that case we football fans actually knew better than Fifa...Modric didn't deserve d award...No one is crying over spilt milk here cause for one, Achebe is dead...Reno was just saying if he was to be the awarder of such award,He would have given Achebe...many things contribute to getting an award apart from merit...for one lets remember that Wole was an overseas fellow at the University of Cambridge for close to 4 years after d biafran war and he wrote quite a number of books during this period...any book he wrote during this time" obviously na oyinbo dey first read am" why wont they like who is with dem?Secondly if u have read Wole Soyinka well he uses highly complex, decorated and figurative language hence he has earned d title abroad as "Nigerian Shakespeare"...Achebe is a novelist not a playwright so you obviously expect all those complexities in his work...Soyinka somtimes goes as far creating new English words out of Yoruba (read Death and the King's Horseman) many non- Yoruba students in my class hated this book because of this same reason and Oyinbos love things like that...Shakespeare books are uninteresting but just for this case of Language alone,his books had been retained in our syllabuses (do u feel entertained when reading Shakespeare??NO same way if only u had an open mind u would see that in terms of story content,quality and sophistication of weaving one event into another, CHINUA IS WAY BETTER THAN WOLE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
those who gave Soyinka the award know better than u... it doesn't remove the fact that Achebe is a great writer and Nigerian Legend but questionin Soyinka award is stupid....
let another person organize similar like Nobel Prize and award posthumously to Achebe if de want to...
it's like crying over modric ballon dor he won last season...
he has won and that's all
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
BravoDe:

Okay as a literature student, tell us the criteria used in giving the award.
If u followed d thread, I already mentioned Wole's use of language but I am going to say it again maybe not as detailed as earlier..
Firstly Wole Soyinka uses highly figurative complex language...highly decorated to d extent that he sometimes forms new English words out Yoruba hence he earned himself d nickname "Nigerian Shakespeare" Just like people abroad are crazy about Shakespeare's uninteresting but complex language is d same way they are crazy about Wole's....To them Africa or even Nigeria is a world on its own that is highly rich in language hence they are freaked about wole Soyinka's books...the truth is this kind of language Wole potrays in his books,we dont use in everyday life..U can try to get an English or literature student to 4ther explain this to you
2:the fact that Wole is majorly a playwright and not a novelist allows him some great effects of writing Achebe cannot use..But d truth is dat Literature is way bigger than being just a playwright... Achebe is a better poet and novelist than Wole...Achebe's "There was a country was written in the Combination of both"
Try and read three Achebe's books and three Wole's..come back and tell me which you found most appealing...I have listed one or two other factors in d thread above..please try and read em
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by adekolaelect(m): 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2019
dantrillion:

shut up; buhari government is nothing but a nightmare to nigerians. Tinubu is a demi god while buhari is the dictatorship; i pity nigeria. #savage
pity yourself first bcs you are in agony of pain and no one can give you happiness but yourself .stop hatred and leave a normal life.
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
Yanmyfeh:

I like d case of Modric u mentioned as it just futher proves my point because in that case we football fans actually knew better than Fifa...Modric didn't deserve d award...No one is crying over spilt milk here cause for one, Achebe is dead...Reno was just saying if he was to be the awarder of such award,He would have given Achebe...many things contribute to getting an award apart from merit...for one lets remember that Wole was an overseas fellow at the University of Cambridge for close to 4 years after d biafran war and he wrote quite a number of books during this period...any book he wrote during this time" obviously na oyinbo dey first read am" why wont they like who is with dem?Secondly if u have read Wole Soyinka well he uses highly complex, decorated and figurative language hence he has earned d title abroad as "Nigerian Shakespeare"...Achebe is a novelist not a playwright so you obviously expect all those complexities in his work...Soyinka somtimes goes as far creating new English words out of Yoruba (read Death and the King's Horseman) many non- Yoruba students in my class hated this book because of this same reason and Oyinbos love things like that...Shakespeare books are uninteresting but just for this case of Language alone,his books had been retained in our syllabuses (do u feel entertained when reading Shakespeare??NO same way if only u had an open mind u would see that in terms of story content,quality and sophistication of weaving one event into another, CHINUA IS WAY BETTER THAN WOLE
let me correct you the fans don't know more than FIFA because fans are emotional rather than technical so relying on fans can be prone to errors...more so everyone cannot like Soyinka writings...the case of him staying abroad has nothing to do with him winning the award... and for you to know things fall apart by Achebe has been translated into diverse languages across the world...so I don't get your point...some persons are better poised to win award at certain times than others on the grounds of some factors or elements...it doesn't change the fact that those who didnt win are not unique in their sense...
do I enjoy Shakespeare book why not I enjoy them even though I have read few of his works....
so if u prefer Achebe it's ur choice and I won't fault that but then Soyinka is our Nobel laureate simple Just like modric is current world best till a certain VVD who is favorite wins it this year....
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Caseless: 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
dayoyak:

U make sense die...
God bless you
amen!

1 Like

Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Kfed4ril(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
Caseless:
There's something called"greeting" and it's done differently in Africa , depending on the culture you belong to.

I was in akwa ibom with my friend who's from that state. He'd greet his parents and walk past them as if they were ordinary people he met on the street. I'd focus on them attentively and greet them and this is accompanied by bowing my head. Of course this(style of greeting) gave me off as an outsider.

You know something? I appeared funny to them by my mode of greeting. What their son was doing is right, what I was doing was funny. This is due to cultural differences.

Com'on, Reno should quit being hysterically stupid always.

Bros this is a big lie, stop lieing
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Kfed4ril(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
BravoDe:
Something I noticed about this Reno guy is that he's a tribal bigot, he's even worse than buhari, I started hating him the day he said chinua Achebe deserves the Nobel prize than wole Soyinka, lyk wtf did he know better than those that gave the award
70% of Igbo are tribal bigot

Btw AtikuIsComing

If you’re talking about tribal bigots you should be honest to yourself, it’s Yorubas.

And in your dumb head Reno Omokri is Igbo.
Olodo rapata
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by booksrite001: 6:36am On Jul 02, 2019
kby:
No long grammar, I just want to say God will bless you for this response

tongue
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by dantrillion: 10:32am On Jul 11, 2019
adekolaelect:
pity yourself first bcs you are in agony of pain and no one can give you happiness but yourself .stop hatred and leave a normal life.

Dumb Ass; your type prefer washing & cleaning politicians toilet for life
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by adekolaelect(m): 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
Kulas:
The WORST and most incompetence National Assembly Nigeria will ever have. I thought Executive and Legislative arms of government are supposed to be independent of each others for proper check and balances. Shame on APC,the most corrupt and underperforned government in the history of Nigeria.Federal Government has been renamed Tinubu Government. Shame!
humm just only in your imagination and hatred to their government .I will take you serious when you tell me where Davide mack or any senate president then was the opposition in action and party to the present then PDP Government !!!!!!!!

Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by adekolaelect(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Bros this is a big lie, stop lieing
it is not lie. Stop disgracing yourself here .Don't speak on what you don't know.
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Kfed4ril(m): 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
adekolaelect:
it is not lie. Stop disgracing yourself here .Don't speak on what you don't know.

Nigga the guy lied, that is one of the lies you lots feed yourselves to make you feel good, but it’s ok to continue wallowing in your ignorance.
You think me lying down to greet you signifies that I respect you? Stop deceiving yourself.
When I served in oyo then, I had students that when the want to greet you the bend and greet but do you know that this same students are the ones who will come attack us after school hours for punishing them during school, is that the kind of respect you people teach over there?
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by adekolaelect(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2019
dantrillion:

Dumb Ass; your type prefer washing & cleaning politicians toilet for life
Hate over your body it creates pains which has to be healed by yourself by avoiding hatred in all generality of your life activities .
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by adekolaelect(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Nigga the guy lied, that is one of the lies you lots feed yourselves to make you feel good, but it’s ok to continue wallowing in your ignorance.
You think me lying down to greet you signifies that I respect you? Stop deceiving yourself.
When I served in oyo then, I had students that when the want to greet you the bend and greet but do you know that this same students are the ones who will come attack us after school hours for punishing them during school, is that the kind of respect you people teach over there?
though I can't blame you for twisting the truth that is how you are trained to be because we respect our elders and leaders but you take leg wake your fathers and complement your leaders with insult .you are proving too matured to respect and honour your leaders. Yet a car can not have direction without a driver and all of you want to be a driver which is not possible ,that is why you don't have direction. Grow up and lean how to respect elders and leaders .

Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Kfed4ril(m): 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
adekolaelect:
though I can't blame you for twisting the truth that is how you are trained to be because we respect our elders and leaders but you take leg wake your fathers and complement your leaders with insult .you are proving too matured to respect and honour your leaders. Yet a car can not have direction without a driver and all of you want to be a driver which is not possible ,that is why you don't have direction. Grow up and lean how to respect elders and leaders .

You are taught to lay down and greet, which is totally different from respect.
Need I remind you again about my service experience in oyo state, Oke-Olola for that matter, just at the back of Alaafins palace, you see students who lay down to greet you are the same students who will gather in the multitude to attack teachers and Corpers alike if the misbehave during school hours and we punish you them.
Brother is that the kind of respect you guys teach down there?
Bros where I come from we don’t have to laydown to our elders to greet them.
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Runaway: 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
RichBoy247:

When its time, I will remind u!
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by victorDanladi: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2019
RichBoy247:

We did not insult Goatluck because he is from a Minority tribe, in fact his tribe is the hen that lays the golden egg. However, we insulted him and we are still insulting him because he ran the country down, looting, stealing and sharing the common wealth among his gang of 40 thieves. You will recall that we Yorubas have always been on Obasanjo's neck despite being our prodigal son. Obasanjo is another incompetent thieving old idiot and we shall continue to insult him until he goes 36 feet under the soil, even after his death, we shall continue to insult him.

Isn't it easier for me as a Yoruba boy to make friends with Igbos, Itshekiri, Ijaws, Clabars, e.t.c. than making friends with Hausa/Fulani who are always carrying dagger around? But., when my friends from the South together with some Northerner elites are stealing and looting, should I keep supporting them because we are all from the South.

Buhari is performing very very low to expectation, but would Atiku have done better? Atiku will just sell the country to Togo and use the change to establish a private company in Belarus or Trinidad and Tobago. I can see the Lagos-Ibadan expressway is about 70% completed, that is a road Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Goatluck could not do for the 16 years that PDP was in power. The Lagos-Ibadan Railway is even beyond everybody's expectation, before Rotimi Amaechi handed over, I was seeing him more than my neighbours because he was always inspecting work progress. Lagos-Badagry expressway is a federal road and is it shambles because the FG abandoned the road. APC lagos and FG just started working on it. PDP including our two Southern brothers Obasanjo and Goatluck did nothing for us in South-West. Now, a Fulani man is building roads and rails for us, why shouldn't I support him.
I love this submission meehn!
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by adekolaelect(m): 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
Kfed4ril:

You are taught to lay down and greet, which is totally different from respect.
Need I remind you again about my service experience in oyo state, Oke-Olola for that matter, just at the back of Alaafins palace, you see students who lay down to greet you are the same students who will gather in the multitude to attack teachers and Corpers alike if the misbehave during school hours and we punish you them.
Brother is that the kind of respect you guys teach down there?
Bros where I come from we don’t have to laydown to our elders to greet them.
you don't need to tell us but we know how you insulted them .
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:25am On Jul 29, 2019
Caseless:
There's something called"greeting" and it's done differently in Africa , depending on the culture you belong to.

I was in akwa ibom with my friend who's from that state. He'd greet his parents and walk past them as if they were ordinary people he met on the street. I'd focus on them attentively and greet them and this is accompanied by bowing my head. Of course this(style of greeting) gave me off as an outsider.

You know something? I appeared funny to them by my mode of greeting. What their son was doing is right, what I was doing was funny. This is due to cultural differences.

Com'on, Reno should quit being hysterically stupid always.

South south we don’t behave like the snitching yorubas, who will bow, form loyalty, clean your shoe, wash your clothes, once they get what they want they stab you at your back, that’s why I don’t have any Yoruba friends anymore, you will think it’s only one na, the next will do same, the same, all of them, same trait. Don’t argue, I have one who we both stayed in America together one time, Azeez, he even says it, he said he wish he was not yoruba, he is the only one who look different a bit. Forget about the Bow, or kneeling, it’s not loyalty, it’s not real ness, Dino doesn’t bow to Saraki but loyal to him
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:44am On Jul 29, 2019
how is Reno Igbo?

Things fall apart reigned more than any Soyinka books. 50 cents wanted to even pay to use it.. growing up, it was things fall apart, we knew first, even you. It was that Soyinka was well known or he was a mover, or he traveled earliest than achebe, I don’t know.
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Sebastine1994(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
angry
BravoDe:
Something I noticed about this Reno guy is that he's a tribal bigot, he's even worse than buhari, I started hating him the day he said chinua Achebe deserves the Nobel prize than wole Soyinka, lyk wtf did he know better than those that gave the award
70% of Igbo are tribal bigot

Btw AtikuIsComing
Re: Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts by Sebastine1994(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin
tegrianonigltd:

Things fall apart reigned more than any Soyinka books. 50 cents wanted to even pay to use it.. growing up, it was things fall apart, we knew first, even you. It was that Soyinka was well known or he was a mover, or he traveled earliest than achebe, I don’t know.
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-olu Filmed Licking Ice Cream In The Mall As He Campaigns For Vote / President Jonathan's University Graduation & NYSC Pictures / "We Have Heard Your Cries Loud And Clear" - Osinbajo Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.