Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (1243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1452096 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) ... (1442) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by eteebanky1: 9:49am On May 07, 2023
Gbagura:
But cbn has stopped naira cards from international transactions. Is the bank an exception from the policy?

Seems they have enough $ in store, reason they still enable their card for international transactions
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamed89: 10:49am On May 07, 2023
pierrenwob:

I transfer US$ from my dorm account to my US$ prepaid. It works and it is instant.
Can one get Gtbank dollar card without opening a domiciliary account?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamed89: 10:52am On May 07, 2023
It has happened to me before, just search for their Nigeria contact online and call them, and also email them, from the call conversation you will know what's require, and they will surely revert it back to Ilorin, though it may take time, this usually happens if your contact number is not found on the package label or not going through at the time of delivery, or the delivery time falls within holiday period they may mistakenly deem it as not reachable. If Ur package is finally back to Ilorin don't hesitate to go to their office ontime, as speedaf don't keep undelivered item so long, like nipost.
Vyntra:
Does anyone know the chance of retrieving items that have been flagged for return, the last time i tracked it, the response I got was the third picture
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by pierrenwob: 10:57am On May 07, 2023
Babalegba:
The dollar card is physical, you buy dollars from aboki and deposit in the account then GTB will deduct their own $10. You would also need to go with your nin identity card as well.The whole process takes little time.Note that you cannot transfer dollars to the account from another account but you can do that with a dorm account.

I transfer US$ from my dorm account to my US$ prepaid. It works and it is instant.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 11:11am On May 07, 2023
Gbagura:
Every items I've bought from the Choice so far has been shipped through speedaf and they ship almost instantly. Seems aliexpress already have those listed items in their warehouses assembled for instant dispatch once payment have been made.

Yh, i noticed thesame but limitations dy on the options of most goods they sell, for e.g you may want to buy an item with options of different colour, pouch, more batteries but it won't be available, they choose only the cheapest option most times

That aside, both NG******R & NG*******E are shipped with SpeedAF but one that ends with 'E' is self pick up but 'R' is home delivery, do 'Choice' deliver only for home or both home & pick up?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by shadeshadow: 11:12am On May 07, 2023
Abeg, is anyone experiencing their goods unable to clear customs? It has been that way for 4 days now.

The only thing there are 3 sunglasses and a charger head.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Gbagura: 11:24am On May 07, 2023
icon91:

Yh, i noticed thesame but limitations dy on the options of most goods they sell, for e.g you may want to buy an item with options of different colour, pouch, more batteries but it won't be available, they choose only the cheapest option most times

That aside, both NG******R & NG*******E are shipped with SpeedAF but one that ends with 'E' is self pick up but 'R' is home delivery, do 'Choice' deliver only for home or both home & pick up?
Choice deliveries for me has been doorstep so far, ending with R.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Gbagura: 11:29am On May 07, 2023
shadeshadow:
Abeg, is anyone experiencing their goods unable to clear customs? It has been that way for 4 days now.

The only thing there are 3 sunglasses and a charger head.
It's from the strike that's been ongoing at the airport for close to 2 weeks now but said they will resume operations tomorrow. We pray they resume tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 12:08pm On May 07, 2023
pierrenwob:

I did ask the fx cashier at GTB if my friend could transfer dollars from his dorm account to my dollar card account and she said no. I never asked if I could transfer from my own dorm account as I don't have one. I will ask somebody to transfer to the account for me to see if it works.Many of the bank staff are full of misinformation.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Gbagura: 12:31pm On May 07, 2023
Babalegba:
I did ask the fx cashier at GTB if my friend could transfer dollars from his dorm account to my dollar card account and she said no. I never asked if I could transfer from my own dorm account as I don't have one. I will ask somebody to transfer to the account for me to see if it works.Many of the bank staff are full of misinformation.
How do I withdraw money off the gtb dollar prepaid card if I choose not to shop with it again?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Kennyflyair: 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
icon91:

From my experience all choice orders are usually registered packages NG...R

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2023
Gbagura:
How do I withdraw money off the gtb dollar prepaid card if I choose not to shop with it again?
You just go to the fx counter and they will give you your dollars back
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by 9jamemez: 1:21pm On May 07, 2023
I really don't know why a lot of you don't know about standard Chartered Bank USD card!
It's totally free of charge, they will ship it to you within 2weeks to your house/home address through fedex

This is their dollar rate.

I attached it to this post.

But I guess the issue here is the bank branch is limited to certain locations in nigeria

Because you have to go deposit the money in to your dollar account in any of their branch, they will collect your naira and convert it to dollar and deopist it to your Dom account, they don't charge you shi shi for anything, let me tell you the truth every other bank dom account na bullshit for nigeria here. If you have opportunity to use standard Chartered Bank, use them you no go regret am. Everything is free no charges, no annual charges.

5 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 1:31pm On May 07, 2023
Babalegba:
You can transfer from your Dom account to card account (I believe you can to a prepaid card too) but can't transfer from prepaid to dorm account.

A hardware token is needed for 3rd party transfer but not needed for own account transfers.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aking123(m): 1:33pm On May 07, 2023
9jamemez:
I really don't know why a lot of you don't know about standard Chartered Bank USD card!
It's totally free of charge, they will ship it to you within 2weeks to your house/home address through fedex

But I guess the issue here is the bank branch is limited to certain locations in nigeria

Because you have to go deposit the money in to your dollar account in any of their branch, they will collect your naira and convert it to dollar and deopist it to your Dom account, they don't charge you shi shi for anything, let me tell you the truth every other bank dom account na bullshit for nigeria here. If you have opportunity to use standard Chartered Bank, use them you no go regret am. Everything is free no charges, no annual charges.

I love the bank and their services. I already have an account there, the problem is that they don't have branch here in Uyo for me to go deposit the naira for them to convert.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 1:39pm On May 07, 2023
aking123:

I love the bank and their services. I already have an account there, the problem is that they don't have branch here in Uyo for me to go deposit the naira for them to convert.
Except if he's using it, else, my interpretation of that rates is other currencies to Naira.

I'm done with that bank for now. Banks with limited branches and abysmal customer service is a no no for me. Had an OTP issue with those MFs and I was told to go to their nearest branch to resolve it! 700km trip to resolve OTP issue. Had to withdraw my money via POS operator.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Macmilla(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2023
9jamemez:

I don't understand. So even if you have a naira account with them, you still can not transfer the naira? Are they not a bank? Please explain.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by yomalex(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2023
tidedroid:

Grey did the same thing to me some weeks ago. No regulation from financial bodies in this country at all
klasha sent a mail that they were going to do that and they have since loaded individual wallets
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 2:31pm On May 07, 2023
icon91:
When is Aliexpress general big discount periods in a year, make man dy plan & stock a head of time, I've only witnessed 2, one around November last year, 2nd around March this yr(2023)

You can prepare for the following Aliexpress sales for 2023 calendar year. Note that dates are subject to change, but the events never change, they take place annually:
1. Aliexpress anniversary sales - March 18th (concluded).
2. Summer sales (mid-year sales) - June 27th
3. Mega brand sales - August 27th.
4. Global shopping festival (the biggest AliExpress sales of the year) - November 11th; Black Friday - November 24th; Cyber Monday - November 27th.
5. December 12/12 sales, followed by Xmas sales which extends to new year sales.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by shadeshadow: 2:34pm On May 07, 2023
Gbagura:
It's from the strike that's been ongoing at the airport for close to 2 weeks now but said they will resume operations tomorrow. We pray they resume tomorrow.

Thank you. The owner has been disturbing me.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mmsen: 4:59pm On May 07, 2023
Gbagura:
You heard they will resume tomorrow from where?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by 9jamemez: 6:10pm On May 07, 2023
Macmilla:

I don't understand. So even if you have a nairaland account with them, you still can not transfer the naira? Are they not a bank? Please explain.

I really don't understand your question

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2023
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 6:52pm On May 07, 2023
Olamak1:

You can prepare for the following Aliexpress sales for 2023 calendar year. Note that dates are subject to change, but the events never change, they take place annually:
1. Aliexpress anniversary sales - March 18th (concluded).
2. Summer sales (mid-year sales) - June 27th
3. Mega brand sales - August 27th.
4. Global shopping festival (the biggest AliExpress sales of the year) - November 11th; Black Friday - November 24th; Cyber Monday - November 27th.
5. December 12/12 sales, followed by Xmas sales which extends to new year sales.

Thank for the info bro
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2023
Kennyflyair:

From my experience all choice orders are usually registered packages NG...R

I had a fear of NG****E with them which might end up with NIPOST

Thanks for the clarification
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 6:55pm On May 07, 2023
Gbagura:
Choice deliveries for me has been doorstep so far, ending with R.

Ok, thanks for the info bro
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 7:16pm On May 07, 2023
9jamemez:

Dollar card is different from Dorm account

What exactly do the bank offer you, free dollar card with no card maintenance or free dorm account with no annual charges?

You mean they sell $1 for #555 meaning if i enter the bank with #55,500 naira cash, $100 value will be deposited to my dorm/dollar account without me using physical dollar?

That's too good to be true for this 9ja wy we dy, lastly, if over the counter naira cash value is what's to be used to credit your dollar account, why not take the equivalent of the money from your naira account, why go to the bank with thesame physical naira?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 7:37pm On May 07, 2023
Macmilla:

I'm very sure a few minutes of googling can answer your questions. You can check this out for a start https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/08/14/10-nigerians-achieving-extraordinary-feats-in-the-diaspora/amp/
Just stop making such despicable generalisations, referring to a whole country as nonentities. Yes, a lot of Nigerians are grossly myopic and elect their leaders with their cauda equina. Still, such generalised insult is not smart. Especially when coming from someone who claims to be educated.
I looked at your your link and did not see anything to contradict my stance just a Nigerian newspaper biggying up some diasporan Nigerians. I asked you to show me examples of Nigerian Wittgenstein, Shostakovich and Grigori Perelman but you showed something more mundane.The surgeon is quite smart though. Professor Gabriel Oyibo is in that class although his equation is not elegant.
It confirmed my suspicion that Nigerians lack control, emotional quotient , maturity and discipline to build strong institutions but would perform well if they live where such is available.
My nephew a theoretical physicist and research scientist got his PhD at twenty six and lectures at a university in Hong Kong but that doesn't mean Nigerians are smart.
The socio political and economic well-being of a country is directly related to the intelligence of it's citizens.Bank cashiers in the UK hold GCSE certificates but in Nigeria they are graduates and make more mistakes.Ask a Nigerian graduate to show you the pleiades in the night sky and he'll be puzzled.
When a people make choices that are cosmologically insignificant, selfish and meaningless,they become nonentities and their country will be ruined ,mocked and hard to live in.,any bells ringing yet Voting thief a instead of thief b does not make you smart.Smart youths would have formed their own party and elbow out the old. Oh, I completely forgot the youths are also thieves and guns were fired during the SUG elections lol.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Macmilla(m): 8:16pm On May 07, 2023
9jamemez:

I really don't understand your question
I'm sorry, my auto-correct is over thinking things. grin I've corrected it.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kayus621(m): 9:23pm On May 07, 2023
Macmilla:

I think the question should be how does the 75% increment affect us aliexpress shoppers?
it's the same thing, AliExpress shoppers are buyers, right?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sleemoon(m): 10:35pm On May 07, 2023
jboixxx:
Except if he's using it, else, my interpretation of that rates is other currencies to Naira.

I'm done with that bank for now. Banks with limited branches and abysmal customer service is a no no for me. Had an OTP issue with those MFs and I was told to go to their nearest branch to resolve it! 700km trip to resolve OTP issue. Had to withdraw my money via POS operator.

I saw shege at their hands since last year...wifey account has 5k in it and they placed it on dormant account... Since August Last year We ve filled countless forms on email to reactivate the account all to no avail... We were even told to deposit money into the account..i deposit until the money reach 21k dem no open am... I had to gv wifey Tfare money to Lagos to visit their branch... It was now opened last week... I have also closed my USD domiciliary account with them... When dey start opening branches across the other states we go revisit dem...
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sleemoon(m): 10:38pm On May 07, 2023
icon91:

We gas dey careful with CHOICE goods ooo... There's no option for refund Only when u re supplied a defective product... U can only Return and Refund.... Unlike other package where u can choose Refund Only Option

(1) (2) (3) ... (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) ... (1442) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.