Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (1247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1445583 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) ... (1441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mmsen: 5:39pm On May 09, 2023
9jamemez:

You actually don't honestly. Lol I don't know why people believe going to the bank and waiting on long long queues will get every problem resolved.
I resolve all my banking issues online period.

These guys aren't ready for the 21st century at all.

The only time I go to the branch is to collect a new card, otherwise I do everything online or via the phone.

5 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 5:53pm On May 09, 2023
mmsen:

The only time I go to the branch is to collect a new card, otherwise I do everything online or via the phone.
Sense 100%. Cashless should include less in-branch supports.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Gjackzy(m): 5:54pm On May 09, 2023
mmsen:

All of you talking about 21st century should use it to clear our items that is with Nigeria custom

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by adubam(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2023
mmsen:

You also transfer dollar online? You guys would be forming porch online.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by peteregwu(m): 6:04pm On May 09, 2023
Gjackzy:
All of you talking about 21st century should use it to clear our items that is with Nigeria custom

I don laugh tire.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mmsen: 6:05pm On May 09, 2023
adubam:

You also transfer dollar online? You guys would be forming porch online.

Yes, why is that so strange? You think aboki doesn’t have bank account?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sleemoon(m): 6:06pm On May 09, 2023
dmk23:
Really? My heart wants to cut if this is true. I cannot afford to be refunded in my chipper cash Virtual dollar card again. I haven't been refunded for the last one self. Despite AliExpress refund.

Did u call them? Cos i remembered i called them a week later after AE refunded my money and it didn't reflect in my account... After the call, the money reflected after like 2mins...
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by peteregwu(m): 6:06pm On May 09, 2023
Enigma123:
Hey guys. I just opened a klasha account. Which card is best?
Pink or black?

Use black

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mmsen: 6:07pm On May 09, 2023
Gjackzy:

I have no control over the trash entity that is Nigerian Customs but I'm sure they retain practices that were seen as outdated 20 years ago in other countries.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by peteregwu(m): 6:09pm On May 09, 2023
Whitelite:
Dear Nairalanders,
Please what is the best method I can use to pay for a phone on aliexpres. At a Cost of 50k+ ??

Download Klasha app and use the virtual dollar card. Use the link below:

That's what I have been using for the past 2 months now.

I use the Klasha app to shop internationally and make global transactions from Africa. I also earn ₦1,000.00 on every referral.
Sign up on Klasha with my unique link: https://s.klasha.com/ehib to enjoy the same experience.

You can also refer people to earn with Klasha!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sleemoon(m): 6:10pm On May 09, 2023
Fayrouzz:
I use SCB... Apart from their drab mobile app, they have been great. I love em.

Please, about the reference, any account type will do?

I already have the regular card tied to my naira account.

Must the refs be from their bank too?

No the REF's mustn't be from their bank...but they must hold Current accounts not Savings account
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sleemoon(m): 6:13pm On May 09, 2023
adubam:
Stanbic IBTC and Standard Chartered are the worst banks in terms of customers service. They would be forming porch with snail like services and few bank locations. Go to GTB and see 100 people being attended faster than those bank taking 1 hour to attend to a person.

I don't know why Standard Chartered Bank re hell bent on Using Indians as their Customer Service Reps... Sometimes sef i go dey strain my ear to hear their low voice

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 6:31pm On May 09, 2023
mmsen:

This is so true, i had an issue with failed POS transaction without immediate reversal with Stanbic IBTC, and i went to thier branch and the CC rep told me the transaction was successful and i should go and met the POS merchant. I called thier CC line, and they told me why did i bother to go to thier branch, that i should simply send the failed transaction receipt via Email and just like that within 2 days, i was refunded.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 6:59pm On May 09, 2023
Broskyjames:
This is so true, i had an issue with failed POS transaction without immediate reversal with Stanbic IBTC, and i went to thier branch and the CC rep told me the transaction was successful and i should go and met the POS merchant. I called thier CC line, and they told me why did i bother to go to thier branch, that i should simply send the failed transaction receipt via Email and just like that within 2 days, i was refunded.
In-app support on GTBank. No need to call or mail sef. Some banks just don't want to evolve.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by justus7: 7:02pm On May 09, 2023
Please, I need help.
My package has been at linehaul office for 1month now.
I don't know what else to do.
I also received a message that my product has been stuck for a particular location for 2weeks but if I clicked on it, I don't understand what they are telling me to do.
The track number started with LP but have changed to a new tracking number UV.
I went to the closest NIPOST office last 2 weeks and the item wasn't there.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 7:19pm On May 09, 2023
jboixxx:
Virtual dollar card or open Dom account.

The only options, of course! Even the 50k could amount to 80k or more at the end of the day.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by 9jamemez: 7:31pm On May 09, 2023
Broskyjames:

Standard Chartered Bank and Stanbic IBTC are both totally different banks sir!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kayus621(m): 8:05pm On May 09, 2023
jboixxx:
For real? That's why most people don't drop contacts. Why would you think of calling post master cuz of your package. Visit the PO and make enquiries. It's possible your line wasn't reachable and it's possible they didn't try at all and worst case, it hasn't arrived.
bro i have gone to the post office myself today, they told me it hasn't reached them, this parcel is more than 1month, what do you expect me to do, everyone is receiving Thier parcel from p.o but mine is yet to reach my local post office,even if you call they hardly pick your call, and when they do, they drop the call immediately you talk about your parcel
this parcel is worth 165 dollar it's a mobile phone, i just need someone to just help me confirm where my parcel is, I mailed them concerning my parcel but they are yet to give me a reply
what do you expect me to do in this case this is my first parcel with nipost
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sonssyo: 8:17pm On May 09, 2023
sleemoon:

Did u call them? Cos i remembered i called them a week later after AE refunded my money and it didn't reflect in my account... After the call, the money reflected after like 2mins...
Good to know
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lilioj: 8:21pm On May 09, 2023
9jamemez:

Standard Chartered Bank and Stanbic IBTC are both totally different banks sir!
@9jamemez pls is there a monthly spend limit on the Standard Chatered dollar card?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Arry110(m): 8:28pm On May 09, 2023
Gentledizzle:

Do you mean it.
yes
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Arry110(m): 8:29pm On May 09, 2023
sonssyo:

Please share the number to call for chipper cash
beware of scam o
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Arry110(m): 8:29pm On May 09, 2023
sonssyo:

Please share the number to call for chipper cash
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sonssyo: 8:32pm On May 09, 2023
Arry110:
beware of scam o

No problem Boss grin just saying,I got no problem with them
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Broskyjames: 9:01pm On May 09, 2023
kayus621:

bro i have gone to the post office myself today, they told me it hasn't reached them, this parcel is more than 1month, what do you expect me to do, everyone is receiving Thier parcel from p.o but mine is yet to reach my local post office,even if you call they hardly pick your call, and when they do, they drop the call immediately you talk about your parcel
this parcel is worth 165 dollar it's a mobile phone, i just need someone to just help me confirm where my parcel is, I mailed them concerning my parcel but they are yet to give me a reply
what do you expect me to do in this case this is my first parcel with nipost
Bro...I know how you feel, but you have to actually chill!. Everyone is recieving thier parcel you say? Let me ask, is everyone in the same location as you? Have you thought of factoring this in? One month you say? and it's Nipost? You neva wait, you just dey start, i have waited for a Parcel for 3 months!, I have collected refund one time even and the package later arrived after 4 months! One month and you are crying? That is light work na. All this kati kati might work with Speedaf, because they are a private firm with rep to protect, but you see Nipost, they are assured salary whether they function or not, and they have very little rep to protect, i might even give you the post master general of Nigeria's direct phone number and i bet you 90% , he might not give a hoot about your parcel.

So first things first, Chill, secondly, From experience, Phones ordered from AE are usually routed through NIPOST, and so that's the risk one must bear for that juicy lower price the phone is sell ing for rather than outrightly buying it here. Distance is also a factor, You stay in Uyo, which is South, Shipments comes to Lagos in the west for custom clearance, before been moved to the NIPOST regional centre, so those those in Lagos have this advantage of getting thier package slightly earlier because of this, so after sorting in Lagos, the parcels are dispatched to other states, and NIPOST logistics in the last few years can be akin to a snail with arthritis, extremely slow!, and they might not even move parcels to a particular state in two weeks, if the parcels doesn't met a certain weight quota. So the irony is that, the package might have landed in Lagos, but it will take at least 3 weeks to get to you. Don't just check your local post office or the one closest to you, If there is a central post office in Uyo, also check, because there's where goods are dispatched to other parts of the city when they arrive from Lagos and so sometimes it might be stuck there.

I do hope you get your package, but for safety, monitor the buyers protection counter, and if you haven't received the package before it runs out, apply for a refund and state your case, also keep up with the seller. I have successfully negotiated a full refund for a failed delivery even when the goods supposedly landed in Nigeria! , so be vigilant and don't fret. Ordering Phone from AE is 50:50, sweet adventure but maximum risk!

Shallom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Smartmanager(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2023
Guys any update about the strike?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Samnonyellow: 9:36pm On May 09, 2023
Smartmanager:
Guys any update about the strike?

I don't know if it has been called off because earlier today, a package that has failed customs clearance since may 5th was cleared today
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Smartmanager(m): 9:57pm On May 09, 2023
Samnonyellow:

I don't know if it has been called off because earlier today, a package that has failed customs clearance since may 5th was cleared today
Mine has been stuck since April 28. Honestly,I am so frustrated.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by peteregwu(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2023
Whu una go dey orde phone from aliexpress, something you can buy here and have peace. You want to go and buy something from abroad that might not reach you. Una like wahala Sha.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by icon91(m): 11:06pm On May 09, 2023
9jamemez:

Bro that's their policy, i once asked them, why don't i just transfer the money from my account to my dollar account instead of going to a branch, they said it's their Policy, i guess you must come with physical naira to make the exchange there with the people in charge of that one.

Again, i own a dollar card with them, a physical gold dollar card, all you have to do to get it is get two reference and apply for it, download the form, your two reference, should put their full details and sign, you upload it back and finish up the registration. All registration is done in their app.

You then apply for the card, after that it will be sent to your home address, you can use the money in side to pay for any local POS or ATM, u recently received money in it from Payoneer.

They don't charge you a dime for any transactions

Thanks for the explanation, now the real question
-What is their Monthly spend limit?
-What is their exchange rate?

I know Stanbic IBTC rate is #640/$ at $15 Monthly spending

What's Standard Chartered own?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Whitelite: 11:42pm On May 09, 2023
peteregwu:

Download Klasha app and use the virtual dollar card. Use the link below:

That's what I have been using for the past 2 months now.

I use the Klasha app to shop internationally and make global transactions from Africa. I also earn ₦1,000.00 on every referral.
Sign up on Klasha with my unique link: https://s.klasha.com/ehib to enjoy the same experience.

You can also refer people to earn with Klasha!

Please what is their monthly spend limits and their exchange rate?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gonkin(m): 11:50pm On May 09, 2023
peteregwu:
Whu una go dey orde phone from aliexpress, something you can buy here and have peace. You want to go and buy something from abroad that might not reach you. Una like wahala Sha.

Cuz the kind of phone I use is not really sold in Naija. I currently use oukitel and im also attracted to blackview, doogee , and ulefone product
I like them cuz they are rugged devices and some have infrared night vision camera that let's u see in pitch black without using any form of light.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) ... (1441) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: Bfly and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.