Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1451537 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (1442) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lavenderjade(m): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
Valentinooo:

Lolz. All will still be collected when you refund the seller.

Refund fire
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Olamak1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
Valto:
he will pay with gtb card @390 per usd

Abi o! Even if I still decide to pay with Access bank card at 445 naira, I won't pay for the original item because the price would have gone up. What we do is to select from the store, other item(s) with lower amount that fall within the price range of the initial order,while keeping in mind the exchange rate of your bank, and then make your payment. We've done that before. Even the seller will be happy to hear that you're making such a move.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ades2016: 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
toksade203:
Patience is all that’s required

This life no balance at all My own package that was despatched to overseas since may16 is still hanging there . maybe nah Keke Napep dey bring am from China, I no understand grin

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ades2016: 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
sinaoye:
My package is stuck on airline departure since 13th may.
The plane has not landed almost 2months after departure.

My brother I tire o, my own too since may16 kiss
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ades2016: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
Michaelwonder:
Good morning Famz, I'm new to nairaland, but ive always been here to get updates... I've been using aliexpress since 2017, i made an order since March, and I have not got a call from post office till now, and it shows delivered

Never landed o according to ur screenshot. The package still dey sip tea for God knows where cheesy
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Adebowale1616: 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good day o my people. Pls is Aliexpress same as Alibaba?

I want to try order an item from Alibaba I don't know if iam making right decision ?

And more so I heard no importation now because of covid, is that correct ? Pls guide me through because this is my first time of ordering from them and I know practically nothing about it. Thanks.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Out of the recent orders I've made in the past two weeks, I decided to use DHL with one that is most important and of course exoensive. There were also options for AESS, Singapore, FedEx. The DHL option cost an extra 11k.

Shipped on the 2nd of this month, I was called today to expect the courier guy at my delivery address. Unfortunately I'm not around, I hope to pick it up at the DHL office next week.

The other orders, mostly on 4px are stuck at "hand over to airline". One on Cainiao is progressing albeit slowly.

I'm now reviewing my cart to see items that can be moved to DHL with minimal charges. I think I can live with something less than 10k increase in shipping fees for items of 30k upwards.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
Adebowale1616:
Good day o my people. Pls is Aliexpress same as Alibaba?

I want to try order an item from Alibaba I don't know if iam making right decision ?

And more so I heard no importation now because of covid, is that correct ? Pls guide me through because this is my first time of ordering from them and I know practically nothing about it. Thanks.

AliExpress is for retailers. You can buy minimum of one quantity of a product to several quantities. However being retail, it's usually of higher price than Alibaba.

Alibaba is strictly wholesale. If you are those that buy items in containers, Alibaba is for you. The sellers there sell their products on MOQ (minimum order quantity) that you must meet for them to consider selling to you.

Some sellers on Alibaba can ship to you one unit as test sample, even for free. However some Nigerians have been found out to misuse that opportunity. They go to different sellers and get samples of the same item for free with false promises of coming back to buy in wholesale. If you visit 100 sellers of the same product with each offering you free samples, you can tell the money to be made selling that. As a result, most sellers seem uncomfortable with giving out free samples.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigx(m): 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
DHL has a habit of asking for extra fees at point of pickup
ceaser:
Out of the recent orders I've made in the past two weeks, I decided to use DHL with one that is most important and of course exoensive. There were also options for AESS, Singapore, FedEx. The DHL option cost an extra 11k.

Shipped on the 2nd of this month, I was called today to expect the courier guy at my delivery address. Unfortunately I'm not around, I hope to pick it up at the DHL office next week.

The other orders, mostly on 4px are stuck at "hand over to airline". One on Cainiao is progressing albeit slowly.

I'm now reviewing my cart to see items that can be moved to DHL with minimal charges. I think I can live with something less than 10k increase in shipping fees for items of 30k upwards.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
bigx:
DHL has a habit of asking for extra fees at point of pickup

Oh, well the courier guy that called me did not mention that I will be paying an extra fee. He was actually on his way to my address before I told him that I will be unavailable for receipt. Also I did not receive any text message from DHL to that effect. This is in contrast to my experience with UPS. They notify me thru SMS and also send the invoice to my email for me to pay up. They confirm receipt of my payment and proceed with the final delivery.

According to tracking, the item went thru customs though but I'm optimistic that I'll likely not be charged since it wasn't mentioned by the courier guy. The only other reason I could be charged is if it enters demurrage. But between today and Monday is not up to a week to include demurrage in my opinion.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sinaoye(m): 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
When can I open dispute?
Can I open anytime, or do I have to wait for BP to elapse?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by thormeydey: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
sinaoye:
When can I open dispute?
Can I open anytime, or do I have to wait for BP to elapse?

Option 2....
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by awoo47: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
ades2016:

This life no balance at all My own package that was despatched to overseas since may16 is still hanging there . maybe nah Keke Napep dey bring am from China, I no understand grin
mine na also May...I've already given up nd counted my loses as dem no approve refund....

But dem text me fr post office ysday nd d 2nd package don dey despatched after 3months on hand over to airline
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by awoo47: 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
jboixxx:
Your package is still in China and few stages to get to dispatch stage. So, remain calm.
calm ke?? grin cheesy
i was so anxious, i just totally forgot abt my order
Fr 3months i no check anything
I can't give myself heartache...
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tonididdy(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
ceaser:

AliExpress is for retailers. You can buy minimum of one quantity of a product to several quantities. However being retail, it's usually of higher price than Alibaba.

Alibaba is strictly wholesale. If you are those that buy items in containers, Alibaba is for you. The sellers there sell their products on MOQ (minimum order quantity) that you must meet for them to consider selling to you.

Some sellers on Alibaba can ship to you one unit as test sample, even for free. However some Nigerians have been found out to misuse that opportunity. They go to different sellers and get samples of the same item for free with false promises of coming back to buy in wholesale. If you visit 100 sellers of the same product with each offering you free samples, you can tell the money to be made selling that. As a result, most sellers seem uncomfortable with giving out free samples.
Hello sir I was banned on the solar thread for reasons unknown but I didn't understand your last mention to me.
Do you mean you want 2 units of the mppt charge controllers?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Valto(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
awoo47:
calm ke?? grin cheesy
i was so anxious, i just totally forgot abt my order
Fr 3months i no check anything
I can't give myself heartache...
Forgetting it is the way! Once it gets to HAND OVER TO AIRLINE, I don't stress myself but until then, I check periodically cuz it could be returned to seller.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ades2016: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Imagine my $7 package arrived in 8days through Turkish post and Yanwen
While my valuable package with Singapore post is yet to arrive after 85days already.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Rajioba1: 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
ades2016:
While my valuable package with Singapore post is yet to arrive after 85days already.
Which tracking site is this?
Mehn Yanwen must be using jazz to ship these things
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ades2016: 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
Rajioba1:

Which tracking site is this?
Mehn Yanwen must be using jazz to ship these things

I tell you bro.
Nah Parcelsapp.com
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
ades2016:
AeSS is really breaking people's heart here, not even a maximum of 60 days; but over 90 days - that's if you receive the order after waiting for so long.

All these small couriers are pulling it! What are they using to lift items so fast since flights has not resumed yet?

SingPost is a disappointment!

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by awoo47: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
jboixxx:
Forgetting it is the way! Once it gets to HAND OVER TO AIRLINE, I don't stress myself but until then, I check periodically cuz it could be returned to seller.
yeah aliexp proposed refund...
in d nxt 2days dem despatch am after waiting 3months...

seems all dis sellers wan dey scam
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 11:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
tonididdy:

Hello sir I was banned on the solar thread for reasons unknown but I didn't understand your last mention to me.
Do you mean you want 2 units of the mppt charge controllers?

Nope. I posted that two units of the CCs I ordered for has arrived Nigeria.

Sorry for that overzealous bot cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Adebowale1616: 12:26am On Jul 09, 2020
Oh, thanks so very much for this analysis. I appreciate. But I still need some enlightenment with the below:

1. Is payment on both Ali express and Alibaba strictly based on pay before delivery ?

2. And If yes, pls how secured ? I want to believe the marketplace is free of scammers ?

3. And if not free of scammers, what are the signs to know the genuine suppliers there ?

4. And please hope nothing like shipping is stopped for now because of covid 19 ?.Hope no delay in delivery cos of that, especially if I will use DHL

Please I await your response. Thanks.

Some sellers on Alibaba can ship to you one unit as test sample, even for free. However some Nigerians have been found out to misuse that opportunity. They go to different sellers and get samples of the same item for free with false promises of coming back to buy in wholesale. If you visit 100 sellers of the same product with each offering you free samples, you can tell the money to be made selling that. As a result, most sellers seem uncomfortable with giving out free samples.[/quote]
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tonididdy(m): 4:42am On Jul 09, 2020
ceaser:

Nope. I posted that two units of the CCs I ordered for has arrived Nigeria.

Sorry for that overzealous bot cheesy
It's ok bro.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Harpheez50: 7:28am On Jul 09, 2020
This was what I got when I tracked my package Can I go check at post office ?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Rajioba1: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2020
ades2016:

I tell you bro.
Nah Parcelsapp.com

Ok bro. Thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Amocee: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2020
My order that got stuck at 'hand over to airline' since 23rd of May just got 'despatched to overseas country' today. Good news!
The other order that has been on despatched to overseas country since 6th of June is yet to 'Arrive at destination country'.
The last order that has 'arrived at destination country' since 9th of June is yet to get to the local post office nearest to me.
It's a sequential something. Lol
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 11:46am On Jul 09, 2020
Nawa ọ! This one shock me o.

Yanwen of all people!

Order made on 25/6, shipped 27/6; arrived destination country 09/7

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 09, 2020
Orders of March and april.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:50am On Jul 09, 2020
iKingsley:
Nawa ọ! This one shock me o.

Yanwen of all people!

Order made on 25/6, shipped 27/6; arrived destination country 09/7
bros is like dem use rocket to ship your order shocked shocked
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
bros is like dem use rocket to ship your order shocked shocked
this one shock me cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (1442) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: Mfunkynation(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.