Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,371 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1444033 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (1440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Protein0: 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Davidwilliam101:
Please what does this mean I'm yet to receive the order.
Open dispute fast
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by odimbannamdi(m): 9:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
ceaser:

I'm dead serious.

https://www.nairaland.com/5266068/thread-only-aliexpress-shopper/340#95050403

Some of the pictures.

shocked shocked shocked

This is exactly what i am expecting too ooo...

But this is enough evidence that the item came in damaged now! How could you have done this, if not the damage happening on transit.

My empathies, boss. I think it is best we make a video while opening our package EVERYTIME, coz we dont just know when it will prove useful.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by OluwaseunAdelus(f): 11:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
The Buyer's protection was supposed to expire tomorrow but the seller added more days, should I just open dispute or wait

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jnrcess(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2020
Hey guys, I bought a laptop replacement screen on AliExpress about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to get it as quickly as possible and I opted for shipping using DHL.

First my package spent 7 days in transit before shipping and it took 4 days to arrive at Lagos. My major issue now is my package status is current on hold since Monday last week. I have contacted DHL support several times throughout last week and I was told my order is being held by customs and they are working on clearing it.

Please had anyone else experienced this issue before?

Please help.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by CHIDINMALOVE: 11:15am On Nov 02, 2020
Hello guys, this is to inform you that if you have tracked tour item and it states its gotten to your delivery post office. Don't just wait there for them to call you... Go there yourself.

My package said it got to my delivery office (area 1 post office in abuja) since 23rd of last month.

After waiting for call or text and not getting any, I decided to go there.

ON getting there, they were trying to give me reasons why its not yet there in their office... Especially cause of endsars protests.

I didn't argue with them and just showed them my tracking details online and the tracking details mentioned it was in ADCP (which is the name of the area 1 branch).

I further explained to them that for the tacking to point to their branch, it has to be there.

After much deliberations, one of them took my name and tracking number and went inside to track and know the exact location of the item.

He came back after 10 mins with my parcel. As he was writing my receipt, an elderly woman came with the same problem. Her parcel had arrived the same branch on 20th of October and she didn't get a call or text. She now went to abuja head office on wuse and they tracked it to area 1 post office.

It was then that the guy who helped me track told us that the person in charge for that period has not been around and that's why no call or text was sent.

So, if you are sure it's in your pickup post office... Go there are show them your details let them track the exact location.

My item was a drone... Luckily on same day the item was brought, there was no customs officer around, so I didn't pay customs duty.

I tipped the guy extra 500 naira after paying 500 naira for handling charge.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Emily22(m): 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
jnrcess:
Hey guys, I bought a laptop replacement screen on AliExpress about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to get it as quickly as possible and I opted for shipping using DHL.

First my package spent 7 days in transit before shipping and it took 4 days to arrive at Lagos. My major issue now is my package status is current on hold since Monday last week. I have contacted DHL support several times throughout last week and I was told my order is being held by customs and they are working on clearing it.

Please help.

Laptop screen....I am sure it's available locally

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Princesslove443: 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
Hi

This is my first time using aliexpress and I have a lot of questions to ask

My first question is about payment i have both Gtbank and zenith bank cards i heard that they are the best to use but I want to know how much they charge for payment and do they charge an extra transaction fee?

My second question is about customs duty, I'm only ordering a few items just clothing because it is my first time so will i have to pay customs duty?

And lastly, I heard that you have to pay the post office to collect your package, how much do they charge?

Thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jnrcess(m): 3:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
Emily22:

Laptop screen....I am sure it's available locally

It's not bro, AliExpress was my last resort. I use a HP pavilion gaming-15. The screens I could find around worked but did not fit properly. They were all to big.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tinnyailes(m): 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
jnrcess:

It's not bro, AliExpress was my last resort. I use a HP pavilion gaming-15. The screens I could find around worked but did not fit properly. They were all to big.
Guy it’s advisable to sort out in Nigeria go to ikeja it has to be there anything screen replacement on AliExpress isn’t easy the last one I did after waiting 4 months it came broken I still lost dispute
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mofetemi(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2020
Fellas, i have an issue. I have a laptop, iLife Zed Air mini 10.6inch by name and model. Some keys on the keyboard are seizing. Now, i have been sourcing for keyboard replaçement but no mall has it. I contacted the carlcare office in Nigeria, they seems to be confused too. Does it mean i must forget the laptop and go and buy a known brand, like hp. I tire fa

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tinnyailes(m): 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2020
Mofetemi:
Fellas, i have an issue. I have a laptop, iLife Zed Air mini 10.6inch by name and model. Some keys on the keyboard are seizing. Now, i have been sourcing for keyboard replaçement but no mall has it. I contacted the carlcare office in Nigeria, they seems to be confused too. Does it mean i must forget the laptop and go and buy a known brand, like hp. I tire fa
buy external keyboard na
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2020
odimbannamdi:

shocked shocked shocked

This is exactly what i am expecting too ooo...

But this is enough evidence that the item came in damaged now! How could you have done this, if not the damage happening on transit.

My empathies, boss. I think it is best we make a video while opening our package EVERYTIME, coz we dont just know when it will prove useful.

Thanks bro.

Na only the 300A shunt came in intact grin and may be useful in future if I have another monitor that requires shunt. I still really need that stuff but not in the mood to re-order it again. I recently came across it on "Jumia global" (shipped from abroad) items, so maybe I'll consider hat option later.

I'm sure yours will arrive intact provided you it's not the same seller that shipped mine packaged with very thin pressure packs when he should have put it inside a cardboard box double-wrapped with bubble wraps in and outside.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mofetemi(m): 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
tinnyailes:
buy external keyboard na

Trust i did but attimes, the internal and external keyboard do jam. I couldnt deactivate the inbuilt keyboard because the power button is on it
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
jnrcess:

Please help.

That means the item didn't escape the ugly eagle eyes of NG customs.

I believe it will be cleared appropriately and you may have to pay the amount at the collection point of DHL office of the address you gave.

An email on charges of my UPS order (an inverter) was sent to me ahead of clearing and I paid into the included UPS bank account number so upon delivery I was no longer charged. I got a FedEx charge controller parcel (2kg) today and wasn't billed any customs charges on it. Two units of same item (4.2kg total weight) was also delivered via DHL early this year without customs charges.

So apparently NG customs have very high charging bias against mobile computers, mobile phones and computer parts.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
CHIDINMALOVE:

My item was a drone... Luckily on same day the item was brought, there was no customs officer around, so I didn't pay customs duty.

Your case is a manifestation of the type of prayer that "make person no waka on the day wey the ground dey hungry cheesy"

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
Mofetemi:

tinnyailes:
buy external keyboard na

True.

Either wired or wireless keyboard will do fine depending on your preference.

You may then try to shop around for OEM replacement keyboard later.

Try searching eBay or Amazon.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tinnyailes(m): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
Mofetemi:

Trust i did but attimes, the internal and external keyboard do jam. I couldnt deactivate the inbuilt keyboard because the power button is on it
you have to keep managing till you’re able to get a new pc and change harddrive
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tinnyailes(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
And Btw as anyone’s tracking updated to arrival at destination lately if yes please what date
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by AdexAyanfe: 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2020
tinnyailes:
And Btw as anyone’s tracking updated to arrival at destination lately if yes please what date
Yes! I got an update on my order today... Keep being hopeful man cheesy wink smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babanhajiya(m): 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
Today is exactly a month since the plane ✈ wey carry our goods left China, e never land again. Any hope of getting our items before buyer protection expires?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tinnyailes(m): 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
AdexAyanfe:

Yes! I got an update on my order today... cheesy wink smiley cheesy
mine was 6th
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Emily22(m): 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2020
jnrcess:

Hmmm....aiz well bro.....

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by toksade203: 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
Princesslove443:
Hi

This is my first time using aliexpress and I have a lot of questions to ask

My first question is about payment i have both Gtbank and zenith bank cards i heard that they are the best to use but I want to know how much they charge for payment and do they charge an extra transaction fee?

My second question is about customs duty, I'm only ordering a few items just clothing because it is my first time so will i have to pay customs duty?

And lastly, I heard that you have to pay the post office to collect your package, how much do they charge?

Thanks
Hello,
Zenith charge: 390 while GTB: 395 according to Ngn rate. E.g i purchased something of 13,726 online, the debit from Zenith came in as 14028.

Customs duty doesn’t apply to clothings

200-500 Post office charge, depending on the Kg/Size
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Silas12345: 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2020
Please does this mean that I have won dispute ?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Kamaye(m): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
Silas12345:
Please does this mean that I have won dispute ?
yes
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by officialfestus(m): 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
Babanhajiya:
Today is exactly a month since the plane ✈ wey carry our goods left China, e never land again. Any hope of getting our items before buyer protection expires?
I just tire oh...abi the plane don go thy kingdom come
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DORLARPOH20(m): 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
Good evening here guys I've been following people's messages here for some time now saying they went to the post office without seeing any message or call
should I do the same for this order cos I've waited a long time and I don lost dispute already

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Meister(m): 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
DORLARPOH20:
Good evening here guys I've been following people's messages here for some time now saying they went to the post office without seeing any message or call
should I do the same for this order cos I've waited a long time and I don lost dispute already

You should have gone since bro. it's likely your phone number isn't clear in your package cause that's what happened to mine.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bennyflipy(m): 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2020
Seems this 11:11 thingy Na hoax, no difference in price whatsoever. Abi I gat wait till the d day??
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by toksade203: 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2020
bennyflipy:
Seems this 11:11 thingy Na hoax, no difference in price whatsoever. Abi I gat wait till the d day??

Hello,
You’re to wait till 11:11 for price reduction and coupon usage if you collected any.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by stanisbaratheon: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
I know this is not the right place to post this but I felt I might get lucky someone in authority sees this.

Someone sent a package containing an apple phone and about 900 pounds inside from abroad to a colleague of mine here in Nigeria but the package was held up at the airport by customs. Someone from the airport called my colleague to pay 50k to clear the phone & money which he did, but they kept calling him for more money.

Now, I don't know how the customs people at the airports operate but I think my colleague is being played out of his money and that item that was sent to him from abroad. My colleague is even tired of the whole thing and is thinking about giving up on the item and his money but I told him not to give up just yet.

Please what should he do to at least get his money back?? Or better still get that item that was sent to him. Thanks for your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (1440) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: Destiny32027272

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.