Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1442907 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sureteeboy(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Hi guys, my phone got damaged recently, and because it doubles as my workshop, I urgently ordered the Gionee S11 lite from Jumia.

I'm not really impressed with the phone reviews and specs, but the price was the best of any phone on that site.

Then, I discovered Aliexpress and this thread, and was shocked to see better phones at the same price in this store (eg, Reno 6 Pro at less than $100 plus shipping).

I'm now banking on the house for knowledge and guidance on how to capitalise on this.

Please can I get answers to the following questions:

1. I already have doubts about overseas shopping, so please, is this store legit?

2. Which phones should I steer clear off? I noticed that some phones have model names but no brand name, are these scams? Eg, global version note 9, mini x50 etc

3. Is it true that any non-Chinese phones here are fakes?

4. Does the shipping fee cover all the cost to get to Nigeria? Are there other extra costs for me to acquire the product?

5. Which buyers should I avoid? For ex on Jumia, I avoid products with no Express delivery and with ratings less than 4.

Thank you.

Reno 6 pro is not less than $100 anywhere online. If you come across such, then it's definitely a fake product.
For the first question, you didn't specify the store you're talking about. Before you order from any store, read feedbacks carefully and check the ratings. It's always better if there are feedbacks from Nigerians as well.
For your second question, I think you know the answer already. No company sells a 8/256GB device for #35,000.
I don't understand the third question.
For the 4th question, you may run into custom charges when the phone gets to Nigeria. Its 50-50. And if there are no custom charges, you may still have to pay a little amount at NIPOST before the phone is released.
For the 5th question, once again, check ratings and reviews before ordering from any seller. I personally avoid sellers with less than 4.8 rating

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 7:34am On Aug 30, 2021
Anyone experiencing issue with OTP page using GTBank MC?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sumtin4sure(m): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2021
I ordered an item from AE and it arrived and I received it in twelve day from SPEEDAF.
So I asked the customer service that how can I be using them for all my items and the guy answered me saying "since we have handle your parcel all your shopping with AE will be coming from us (SPEEDAF).
Please how true is that?

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2021
sumtin4sure:
I ordered an item from AE and it arrived and I received it in twelve day from SPEEDAF.
So I asked the customer service that how can I be using them for all my items and the guy answered me saying "since we have handle your parcel all your shopping with AE will be coming from us (SPEEDAF).
Please how true is that?

Not true

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2021
sureteeboy:

Reno 6 pro is not less than $100 anywhere online. If you come across such, then it's definitely a fake product.
For the first question, you didn't specify the store you're talking about. Before you order from any store, read feedbacks carefully and check the ratings. It's always better if there are feedbacks from Nigerians as well.
For your second question, I think you know the answer already. No company sells a 8/256GB device for #35,000.
For the 4th question, you may run into custom charges when the phone gets to Nigeria. Its 50-50. And if there are no custom charges, you may still have to pay a little amount at NIPOST before the phone is released.
For the 5th question, once again, check ratings and reviews before ordering from any seller. I personally avoid sellers with less than 4.8 rating

Thank you, brother.

The store in mention here is Aliexpress.

Are the custom charges different from the nipost charges? If so, how much is each on Average?

Are all products eligible for free shipping?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by odysey: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2021
sureteeboy:

About paying above $100 how can one go about it with the cbn restrictions
Thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2021
odysey:

Thanks

Ask seller to split bills

Currently paying for a $100+ item.

GTB Rate: ₦460/$
Access Bank Rate: ₦450/$
Date of Transaction: 30th August 2021
Site of transaction; Alibaba

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sureteeboy(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2021
odysey:

Thanks
You can try barter by flutterwave. But their rate is too expensive (About 525naira per dollar). Or you can chat the seller to split the payment for you into different parts so you can pay separately with different ATM cards. I don't think all sellers do that though, because I'm presently chatting with one who does not seem to understand what I'm talking about.
Another alternative is paying with a dollar card that's obtainable from banks, or try getting someone residing outside the country to order on your behalf with his own account on AliExpress and card details, then set Nigeria as the shipping address (I think that should be able to work as well)

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by odysey: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2021
sureteeboy:

You can try barter by flutterwave. But their rate is too expensive (About 525naira per dollar). Or you can chat the seller to split the payment for you into different parts so you can pay separately with different ATM cards. I don't think all sellers do that though, because I'm presently chatting with one who does not seem to understand what I'm talking about.
Another alternative is paying with a dollar card that's obtainable from banks, or try getting someone residing outside the country to order on your behalf with his own account on AliExpress and card details, then set Nigeria as the shipping address (I think that should be able to work as well)
thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sureteeboy(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Thank you, brother.

The store in mention here is Aliexpress.

Are the custom charges different from the nipost charges? If so, how much is each on Average?

Are all products eligible for free shipping?
My response is based on AliExpress stores in general.
Read the reviews and check the question and answer section before ordering the product.
And yes, custom charges are different from NIPOST charges. NIPOST charges range between #200 and #1000 mostly.
Custom charges can substantially exceed that. It depends on what you are ordering. But note that custom charges are random, and if what you're ordering isn't really valuable, there's is a high probability you won't pay anything
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by odysey: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2021
mctfopt:

Ask seller to split bills

Currently paying for a $100+ item.

GTB Rate: ₦460/$
Access Bank Rate: ₦450/$
Date of Transaction: 30th August 2021
Site of transaction; Alibaba
thanks, I've sent a message to the seller
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:40am On Aug 30, 2021
jboixxx:
Anyone experiencing issue with OTP page using GTBank MC?

It seems something is wrong with GTB o!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Onyeka90210(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hayqiu010:
I tried to pay on AliExpress with my barter virtual card and it's showing this
You may need to create another card, one of my barter virtual card had payment issues, had to create a new one, and have been using that one without issues
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Hausa(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
shapman:
I have been receiving my orders via the post office but lately a lot of my orders didn't deliver so I had to open disputes. I ordered for an item about 3 weeks ago and someone called me today that he is to deliver an item of mine from AliExpress, I was shocked at first because the normal thing was for me to get notified from the PO that I have packages to be picked up. I eventually met the man and I got my package, so I asked him why he had to deliver it himself and not me going to pick up at the PO, he said AliExpress doesn't use the PO anymore but they use agents. I was wowed.
Now the question is, are packages safe with so called agents? Is PO not better because they can be held responsible, what if the agent decides not to deliver and claimed it has been delivered....? I mean this is Nigeria, it will be difficult to lay claims that item hasn't been delivered by the agent in case of dispute.
Just airing my take on the new development I just discovered, opinions are welcome...
This happened to me in Lagos, Feb. 2020.
Before then I was in Sokoto, where I bought things and had to come to the PO to get it.
The only people that brought stuff to my doorstep in Sokoto was DHL.

I was surprised in Lagos, I decided to see how delivery goes and decided to get a small charger, and then when it arrived the guy called to say he was close to my location.

I was astonished.
Who knows, maybe it was Speedaf.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hausa:
This happened to me in Lagos, Feb. 2020.
Before then I was in Sokoto, where I bought things and had to come to the PO to get it.
The only people that brought stuff to my doorstep in Sokoto was DHL.

I was surprised in Lagos, I decided to see how delivery goes and decided to get a small charger, and then when it arrived the guy called to say he was close to my location.

I was astonished.
Who knows, maybe it was Speedaf.
NIPOST do door delivery but it depends on location and that NIPOST's mode of operation. Some Ikeja POs do door delivery while others don't. Even inland parcels are delivered to door steps at times.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ayobamiakinrind(m): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please help, my orders says "delivery failed" even when I was not called nor sent a mail. Someone please tell me where to go ask about these deliveries.
These were sent via Singpost

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2021
ayobamiakinrind:
Please help, my orders says "delivery failed" even when I was not called nor sent a mail. Someone please tell me where to go ask about these deliveries.
These were sent via Singpost

Delivery failed is normal. You will get notified soon to get your parcel

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aieromon(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2021
Shipper - AESS via Speedaf Express
Order date - 18 Aug
Despatched - 23 Aug
Arrival at IMPC Lagos - 25 Aug
Delivered at Address - 30 Aug

Order completed in 12 days

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
My love fr postnl

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lixusheng:
My love fr postnl

EMS? Those peeps charges no dey dey friendly o. Let's hope it's not em going to be the final bus stop of your package.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lojekunle: 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lojekunle:
This is the last tracking status
Please advise

Hello
Please my parcel just got to lagos but I have an opened dispute which the response time is tomorrow
What should I do
Close the dispute or let them reply
Please advise

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lojekunle:

Hello
Please my parcel just got to lagos but I have an opened dispute which the response time is tomorrow
What should I do
Please advise

Close the dispute. You see the reason you don't jump the gun.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lojekunle: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
genius43:

Close the dispute. You see the reason you don't jump the gun.
Okay I just did thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lojekunle:

Hello
What should I do
Please advise

They have finally cleared your package bro.. You can cancel the dispute now

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DavisBloom(m): 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lixusheng:

Which tracker is this please?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DavisBloom(m): 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lixusheng:
My love fr postnl
Is it same with this?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2021
DavisBloom:

Which tracker is this please?
17track
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lojekunle: 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lixusheng:

Yes I noticed it today too
Thanks
What is the next stage?
I'll get a call from the post office?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lojekunle:

Yes I noticed it today too
Thanks
What is the next stage?
I'll get a call from the post office?
It will arrive your local post office between tumoro and friday and u wl get a call or text for pick up

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ayobamiakinrind(m): 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
genius43:

Delivery failed is normal. You will get notified soon to get your parcel

Thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Hausa(m): 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
jboixxx:
NIPOST do door delivery but it depends on location and that NIPOST's mode of operation. Some Ikeja POs do door delivery while others don't. Even inland parcels are delivered to door steps at times.
Oh, didn't know that. Now, I do.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1440) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.