Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Do You Have Dreams? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Have Dreams? (566 Views)

You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. / 10 Things Successful People Do To Achieve Their Dreams / Looking For Finance To Empower Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Dreams? by lids: 12:48am On Oct 07, 2010
We all grew up as young children full of dreams. We wanted to become this, to have that, and to go everywhere. When we saw an aircraft on TV, we wanted one, when we saw a big house, we dreamt we would own it, we even fantasized about the definition of beauty that the media had sold to us. If every anything we were dreamers, our imaginations ran ahead of our realities, we wanted more from life than mere existence. We had big dreams, and somehow in our minds, we were unstoppable. We had the dreams, and we didn’t disqualify ourselves by thinking we were too small or the dreams too big.
As we grow up, our dreams grow with us, but somewhere along the line, many of us lose the youthfulness to dream. We are so caught up in waking up early, spending quality time in traffic, coming back late, that we have lost our dreams. We have become realists, we face the facts rather than the possibilities, we live the lives of drugged zombies, repeating the same routine day in day out, and hoping for the “one day”. If it is true, that repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity, and then we might indeed need to submit ourselves to some form of psychiatric counselinge. Some of us however have dreams; we still nurse them, still hold them dear and are working towards them.
The question for you today is “What is your dream?” What is the compelling reason that motivates you to action? I watched a video presentation yesterday that inspired me and there was something the speaker said that really got my attention. He said, and I phrase in my own words, “A business opportunity is like a Ferrari, it’s a lovely car. We might however spend undue time looking at it and touching it. If you don’t know where you are going however, any car is useless”.

“Nothing happens unless first we dream” - Carl Sandburg

Does it not seem interesting to you, that many of us have entered different CAReerS without setting our destination? Many of us got into many good pipe building systems without any dreams. I’m not asking about hazy thoughts of wanting a better life, I’m asking for concrete and specific desires that are tangible and documented. This may sound funny, but if you think about it, you’ll possibly arrive at the same conclusion with me - If you don’t have a dream for anything, you will not excel at anything. It’s not the quality of the car that matters, or the potentials or capacity of the same. What matters is do you know where you are going? Speed only makes sense when direction is clear.

“A man’s dreams are an index to his greatness” - Zadok Rabinowitz

Before you involve yourself in any business - franchising, network marketing, direct selling, first of all identify with your dream. Write it down, and then break it down.
What milestones do you want to achieve?
What things do you want?
Who do you want to become?
Re: Do You Have Dreams? by factbox(f): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
@lids Dat was a very nice one and equally very thoughtful of you, DREAMING AND FANTASIZING WILL NOT GET ANYBODY ANYWHWERE XCEPT DETERMINATION,PERSISTENCE, PATIENCE,PERSEVERANCE,AND DEVOTION. BUT TRULY IT PAYS TO REALLY DREAM BIG JUST LIKE THE BUSINESS MOGUL DELE MOMODU AND SEVERAL OTHER SUCCESFUL BUSINESS ICONS.

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Business Debts / What Should I Do? / Get As High 8-13%discount On Any Thermocool Products You Buy From Pz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.