Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,041 members, 7,825,300 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance (2699 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Inaugurates 272 Special Constables For Community Policing / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Reconstructed Enugu Miliken Hill Road / 56 Years After, Gov. Ugwuanyi Inaugurates New Fire Service Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by OEPHIUS(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ugwuanyi inaugurates committees on public service reforms, good governance

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State on Wednesday inaugurated seven sectoral ad hoc committees that will review the programmes and activities of government in the past four years and make recommendations that will assist his administration to reposition the state’s public service for optimized service delivery and advancement of good governance in the state.

The constituted sectoral ad hoc committees, namely; education, health, public service, justice, water, security and chieftaincy/ community matters, have the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics), UNN, Prof. James Ogbonna, Coordinator, Health Policy Research Group, UNN, Prof. Obinna Onwujekwe, former Head of Service and Secretary to the Enugu State Government, Prof. Onyema Ocheoha, former State Attorney General, Chief Mrs. Justina Offia, SAN, Seasoned Water Engineer and former/pioneer MD of Anambra (now Enugu) State Water Corporation, Engr. Laz Mba, Retired Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Ogbonna Onovo and former Commissioner for Local Government Affairs, Prof. Frank Asogwa, as chairmen, respectively.

Inaugurating the committees, Gov. Ugwuanyi stated that they were constituted in keeping with his re-emphasized promise, more recently in his second term inaugural address to reposition the Enugu State Public Service as well as the governance of the state for full actualization of his administration’s policy thrust and campaign promises for more positive impact on the living standard of the people.

The governor therefore disclosed that the committees will “review the structure and operations of Enugu State Public Service over the last four years; analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the various sectors of governance; develop roadmap, templates, policies and systems that will support the government to consistently and optimally discharge its various sectoral mandates”.

Other terms of reference include making recommendations that would help his administration to “reposition government to improve transparency and coordination in its business process and strengthen responsiveness of the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs); ensure that the administration delivers on its electoral promises and social contract, key of which are employment generation, enhanced social services and good governance, rural development, security and justice; consider any other matter(s) which may be incidental or ancillary to the above stated tasks and make feasible recommendations thereon to the state government with a view to improving collaborative productivity and optimal delivery of desired services by the government”.

Stressing the importance of the exercise towards the full actualization of his administration’s sound vision for the people of Enugu State, Gov. Ugwuanyi, who announced that the committees’ secretariat will be at Nike Lake Resort, Enugu, said he has decided to operate mostly from the venue and less from the Government House until its conclusion.

While appreciating members of the various committees for their acceptance to serve the state, the governor expressed confidence that they will deploy their wealth of experience, expertise and commitment to add value to the governance of the state.

Responding on behalf of other members of the committees, the Chairman of Public Service Committee, Prof. Onyema Ocheoha, expressed gratitude to Gov. Ugwuanyi for finding them worthy to serve the state and appreciated him for his dexterity in conducting the affairs of the state in his first term and the innovative approach his administration has adopted to advance good governance in the state.

Prof. Ocheoha told Gov. Ugwuanyi that members of the committees “equally appreciate the fact that our beloved Enugu State under your leadership is a progressive, innovative and self-correcting polity”, which he said “guided your setting up of these ad hoc committees”.

Prof. Ocheoha promised the governor that the committees will study the terms of reference and adopt a holistic approach to policy analysis and decision making in the discharge of their duties for optimal result, saying: “You have taken the right people to handle this important assignment”.

According to him, “Your Excellency, we assure you of our loyalty and dedication to the service of the government and entire populace of Enugu State. We shall endeavour, within the rather short period of four weeks granted us, to shoulder the heinous responsibilities of the mandate bestowed on us today, with due confidence and professionalism”.

Enugu State is truly in the hands of God. #amokelouis

https://thepunditng.com/ugwuanyi-inaugurates-committees-on-public-service-reforms-good-governance/

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by gbebodye(f): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by ozome15(m): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Mr governor pay Resting Benefits/Death Gratuity of people that died in active service.
Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 27, 2019
Who's the mod incharger of this section? You see those two dumb asses above that stole my ftc and ctc. Fry their balls let's gift it to oga Seun and his prison wardens mods lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by AllenSpencer: 4:11am On Jun 27, 2019
Coming from the First female governor in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Gentlewarrior1(m): 4:14am On Jun 27, 2019
When will this man stop all this eye service and actually get to work undecided

What is all this nonsense
How many times will i see news partaining to ugwanyi on nairaland frontpage. Funny enough without any comment it will be pushed to front page.

I was in enugu last year december and i felt really pissed at how this man is ruining my state.

On media this man is the best governor whereas he does nothing. He is actually clueless. No good road projects just media hyping and that stupid slogan that ENUGU IS THE HANDS OF GOD. As if he is god or maybe others states are in devils hands.

Its about time apga or any other serious party step up in enugu. Its just unfortunate there is no opposition in enugu. And that this man has successfully shut the likes of mbaka and co with fat checks.

I don't think i have ever seen any politician that is better than this man in propaganda and image laundery

This man is a mixture of Buhari, Rochas and Gooduck Jonathan all in one.

I swear anytime i come across any of this type of thread i promise to speak out and say the truth. Even if mod delete my comment i will still find another means to speak out.

This nigger cant be destroying my state and the good works of sullivan chime. Yet at the same time forming messiah and one humble and hardworking governor whereas his just killing the standard of the state. See as enugu dirty this days.

Enugu deserve way better

From actually being in the hands of god to being in the hands of a clueless weakling.

Someone needs to tell this man the truth that he is doing poorly. I wonder when we the Nigerian masses will ever become vocal, stage protest and change am for this people. This man is actually insulting our collective intelligence using state resources to launder his image anyhow. I just wonder what's his main aim after this his tenure. Why does he care so much about faking his image and acting like one messiah

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:28am On Jun 27, 2019
Enugu indigenes, over to you guys!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 27, 2019
It is just like Nigeria does not have brilliant and intelligent people. The think tanks, reviews, revises, panels, probes, etc set up are just waste of resources. Which of the Oputa Panel recommendation has been implemented? Vision 2020 was like ....mehn! Is it not just less than one year to enter it? The vision that has gone blinded. Nigeria is on the edge of total collapse. When the president opened his mouth to beg Europeans not to give youths visas again, then you know that heaven and earth have forsaken his regime. It means no one believes in him except those deceiving him. Even the one challenging him in court is a popular thief sorrounded by thieves esp that past senate guy. Hmmmmm!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Chinoss2009(m): 5:14am On Jun 27, 2019
This man has vowed to waste the opportunity he has to fix the long Abandoned Nsukka Axis where He comes from...its a pity

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Hotfreezers: 6:01am On Jun 27, 2019
OEPHIUS:

https://thepunditng.com/ugwuanyi-inaugurates-committees-on-public-service-reforms-good-governance/

Louis, i hope the Kobo they are paying you is worth mortgaging your generations.

Ugwuanyi is at best a mediocre leader and you come here talking nonsense and trying to market an inferior product.

4 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by suitlovers: 6:15am On Jun 27, 2019
Human government (politicians) and hype are just 5 & 6.

They do so little but the praise themselves unduly, drawing unnecesary attention to themselves.

The only solution is God's Kingdom.

If you need the best quality Men's UK Suits at 15,000 Naira, feel free to check my signature.

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by kudosamass(m): 6:27am On Jun 27, 2019
I doubt you are from Enugu. I also doubt if you actually visited Enugu of late. I am not a fan of the Governor, but the guy is beating my expectations of him. He is one Governor I respect in Nigeria today because of his unparalleled leadership qualities. I really wonder which Enugu you are talking about! Or maybe you are talking from the podium of the e-oposition in Enugu.
Gentlewarrior1:
When will this man stop all this eye service and actually get to work undecided

What is all this nonsense
How many times will i see news partaining to ugwanyi on nairaland frontpage. Funny enough without any comment it will be pushed to front page.

I was in enugu last year december and i felt really pissed at how this man is ruining my state.

On media this man is the best governor whereas he does nothing. He is actually clueless. No good road projects just media hyping and that stupid slogan that ENUGU IS THE HANDS OF GOD. As if he is god or maybe others states are in devils hands.

Its about time apga or any other serious party step up in enugu. Its just unfortunate there is no opposition in enugu. And that this man has successfully shut the likes of mbaka and co with fat checks.

I don't think i have ever seen any politician that is better than this man in propaganda and image laundery

This man is a mixture of Buhari, Rochas and Gooduck Jonathan all in one.

I swear anytime i come across any of this type of thread i promise to speak out and say the truth. Even if mod delete my comment i will still find another means to speak out.

This nigger cant be destroying my state and the good works of sullivan chime. Yet at the same time forming messiah and one humble and hardworking governor whereas his just killing the standard of the state. See as enugu dirty this days.

Enugu deserve way better

From actually being in the hands of god to being in the hands of a clueless weakling.

Someone needs to tell this man the truth that he is doing poorly. I wonder when we the Nigerian masses will ever become vocal, stage protest and change am for this people. This man is actually insulting our collective intelligence using state resources to launder his image anyhow. I just wonder what's his main aim after this his tenure. Why does he care so much about faking his image and acting like one messiah

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Rapmoney(m): 6:35am On Jun 27, 2019
Another scam again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Temptee101(m): 6:48am On Jun 27, 2019
I'm ashamed this fat fool of a weeping governor happens to come from my place. Forget all these media propaganda and lies, if you knew Enugu before the coming of this weakling, you'd clearly see the difference.

What amazes me the most is how they mods constantly push all the propaganda that this man dishes out every now and then to the front page. He must have a strong agent here or probably greasing the hands of these mods

Enugu state unfortunately has become a shadow of it's former self since this visionless man came on board. No road maintenance, street lights, dirty environment etc... just to mention but a few

This huge excuse of a man let alone governor is not fit to be a human. Never in the history of my beloved state have we had such a low life as a governor

Posterity must surely judge him, chronic land grabber. He is sure going down as the worst thing to happen to Enugu state.

You all should kindly forget that evil slogan ENUGU STATE IS IN THE HANDS OF GOD he usually nauseates about. He knows nothing about GOD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by desoul2004(m): 7:39am On Jun 27, 2019
kudosamass:
I doubt you are from Enugu. I also doubt if you actually visited Enugu of late. I am not a fan of the Governor, but the guy is beating my expectations of him. He is one Governor I respect in Nigeria today because of his unparalleled leadership qualities. I really wonder which Enugu you are talking about! Or maybe you are talking from the podium of the e-oposition in Enugu.

Go and sit down, the governor is already a failure in the first term and I think this last term will be the worst. You that claims to be in Enugu, mention one capital project he can be remembered for... Sycophants everywhere praising a failure for doing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2019
kudosamass:
You're not a fan of the governor. Why so

And please how is he beating your expectations?
Also what are the notable projects and infrastructures of ugwanyis regime?
Finally do you live in Enugu. I hope you have visited enugu before now; and are you also from enugu?

Kindly answer my questions before we go further
Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:20am On Jun 27, 2019
This man is quite funny and wicked in tricky way

The milken hill road was overhyped out of proportion and stupidly and heartlessly termed as best road in Nigeria

That milken hill work on the road was trash

Although the topography there is not so nice. But still yet the work on the r9ad was far from impressive.

The had to patch and do maintenance on the road barely a week after flooding the internet with the picture and praising the man.

Small rain wey fall road begin get comma

Make una no vex me o. Before i swear for all of una wey dey praise that big thief angry
Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by booksrite(f): 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2019
I'm ashamed this fat fool of a weeping governor happens to come from my place. Forget all these media propaganda and lies, if you knew Enugu before the coming of this weakling, you'd clearly see the difference. What amazes me the most is how they mods constantly push all the propaganda that this man dishes out every now and then to the front page. He must have a strong agent here or probably greasing the hands of these modsEnugu state unfortunately has become a shadow of it's former self since this visionless man came on board. No road maintenance, street lights, dirty environment etc... just to mention but a fewThis huge excuse of a man let alone governor is not fit to be a human. Never in the history of my beloved state have we had such a low life as a governorPosterity must surely judge him, chronic land grabber. He is sure going down as the worst thing to happen to Enugu state. You all should kindly forget that evil slogan ENUGU STATE IS IN THE HANDS OF GOD he usually nauseates about. He knows nothing about GOD

sad
Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by booksrite001: 4:31am On Jul 02, 2019
pistotita:
It is just like Nigeria does not have brilliant and intelligent people. The think tanks, reviews, revises, panels, probes, etc set up are just waste of resources. Which of the Oputa Panel recommendation has been implemented? Vision 2020 was like ....mehn! Is it not just less than one year to enter it? The vision that has gone blinded. Nigeria is on the edge of total collapse. When the president opened his mouth to beg Europeans not to give youths visas again, then you know that heaven and earth have forsaken his regime. It means no one believes in him except those deceiving him. Even the one challenging him in court is a popular thief sorrounded by thieves esp that past senate guy. Hmmmmm!

cheesy
Re: Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committees On Public Service Reforms, Good Governance by Alejobs: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2019
Is it really difficult to be good?

(1) (Reply)

Abacha was never Convicted Of Looting / US Presidential Election: Trump Will Emerge The Winner / CONFIRMED!!! FG Is Behind The Ongoing Attacks Against Securities In SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.