Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb (84425 Views)

Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby / My Husband Keeps Looking At Other Women, Winks At My Friends / Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Abkreizi: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2019
PlanetOfApes:
I hope children don't take after surrogate mothers.

Whatever the case, if i were to do, i wouldn't let someone looking like any of these carry my kids.

A clean fit Latina will be OK. I wouldn't want my kids looking like Okro soup after delivery. I would't want to take chances, science can be funny atimes.

Hmmmm...... I sha don't want to insult you cos maybe you dont know... so let me enlighten you a bit....In surrogacy the surrogate mother does not share any genes with the child as the sperm and egg belong to the biological parents. ...the surrogate is just a carrying vessel

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Omofranca(f): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2019
lilbest4:
Women struggling too hard to become more and more irrelevant in future

Hope you'll be more compassionate and never have to walk in the shoes of the childless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by NoContract(m): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2019
PlanetOfApes:

Whatever the case, if i were to do, i wouldn't let someone looking like any of these carry my kids.

A clean fit Latina will be OK. I wouldn't want my kids looking like Okro soup after delivery. I would't want to take chances, science can be funny atimes.

Beggars can't be chosers. Face front.

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Psoul(m): 11:01am On Jun 27, 2019
Duggedised12:
that's why we are where we are today,sadly. There are even the ignorant ones who will gladly display it here without even bothering to google it.

The thing dey tire me ooo.

You have data and smartphone and u only use it for Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp an Nairaland.

You have the whole world in ur palms and u are too lazy to explore it. You are stumbling in darkness when you have a fully charged torchlight in ur hands.

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Sluacoast(m): 11:02am On Jun 27, 2019
miniziter:

You're also confusing us with this your grammar.
I just notice my typo. Will do the correction
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by yusfatemoney: 11:05am On Jun 27, 2019
Please where can I donate my sperm to? Any help on that?
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Sluacoast(m): 11:06am On Jun 27, 2019
wealthyhenry:
Summary
Oh. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Adakintroy: 11:53am On Jun 27, 2019
PlanetOfApes:

Let's see your pic first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by yesloaded: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
Rozaytee:
ode
Yellow pawpaw grin
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Affamefuna(m): 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
Aquablue:

I am not a doctor but I have explored the possibility of having children via surrogate
To answer your questions (1)No. The child would take up the genes of the egg and sperm eg Linda ikeji's son was born via surrogate and looks like Linda
2) No , as in 1
3)the intending father donates or from sperm bank if the man lacks sperm eg in azoospermia
4)the entire procedure includes IVF, surrogacy fees, ante and delivery care and will set you back by at least 3m. Check meetsurrogates on IG to get a quote
I am no linda ikeji's fan but how can u give expressive statements like this? were u there?

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by MiniImportation: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
thesicilian:
It's a welcome development, and a lucrative business opportunity that many Nigerian women are yet to tap into.
but the complication that come with birth is inevitable this is like peddling a cocaine for someone just because he offer to pay your flight ticket and compensate you with 5000$

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by MeeLan: 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
what if the husband insist he must bleep to drop sperm in her?
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by cevek11: 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
Interesting... What's the payment like?
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Kokoebapluse(m): 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
grin. Eyan sepe, awon Mami. Belle trafficking done dey happen?

Allah said in the evening of the world all human being will be in lost but only those who guide themselves against evil. Imagine help someone carry pregnant? Are you saying God is didn't know what his doing? Don't you know there is blood connection between the sparm of man and egg or woman before it can produce a baby? He who give birth for you is directly mother or your baby. Wether direct or indirect. But be honest any children born through that way is a barsterd baby and sin is on that man neck. To be honest is very bad.

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by dickson617(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
Can someone please enlighten us on what surrogacy is?
Google it!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
VULCAN:
So someone can write down this type of nonsense.

If you have sex with a woman and she gets pregnant she is no longer a surrogate but an actual mother.

The way ignorant people make bold yet incorrect statements is amazing

such a poor statement from someone who is indeed clueless on the subject...

let me educate you: a couple goes to see a surrogate, ask her if she could have a child for them, she agrees, they sign an agreement and surrogate mother and husband have sex (solely to get surrogate pregnant). couple pays for all medical expenses, and the minute the child is born, it is handed to the couple, while surrogate mother receives her fat check... this is called TRADITIONAL SURROGACY

Now there is also
GESTATIONAL surrogacy: biological parent's fertilized egg/embryo implanted in surrogate mothers womb...
ALTRUISTIC surrogacy: family member/parent is the surrogate and does not demand any financial rewards for their action.

thank me later for educating you!!!

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
MeeLan:

if surrogate agrees then they have sex on her ovulating day, no big deal!
if she refuses then husband masturbates, then drop the semen in a syringe and transfer it into vagina of surrogate.
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2019
AreaFada2:

There are many contracts that when tested against the constitution do not hold water.

Lawyers can help you draft any nonsense.
My question basically is which Act of Parliament/NASS assented to by the president oversees surrogacy?
Is it adaption law, embryology or human fertilisation law or which?

Not whether some charge and bail lawyers are involved. grin grin cheesy

I know that decades of dictatorship has made it hard for people to know what to ask people that seemingly have a modicum of authority.
you are right, we have to know the stand of the law on this, considering a surrogate can become greedy and corny.
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Daboomb: 5:37am On Jun 28, 2019
MeeLan:

I think there problem is more weighty at that point, than to be thnking about "bleeping" the surrogate!
If he wants to bleep, he can do that any phucking time but when it comes to having a child you have been desiring for long, it is cost, truamatic and a serious business.
and if you love your wife, you will even insists she masturbates you to get the sperm out because the last thing you want to do is to have sex with another woman.

BTW: When you drop sperm inside "another woman", to fertilise her Egg for a surrogate child, are we all aware that a DNA test in the future will show that the Child is not the woman's biological Child? Because the Child will have the genes of the Father and the Surrogate Mother!

This is why l will advice intending Couples to shun that method. Use the Egg of the Wife and the Sperm of the Husband, fertilise in a testtube and transfer to the womb of the surrogate.
Imagine an Engineer Husband and Doctor wife having a Surrogate Child who has the Pedigree of a Street Urchin (from the Surrogate!) grin grin grin
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2019
Ndipe:
Surprised that women choose to be surrogate mothers when you factor in the pain during childbirth
The pay is quite huge and the surrogate can opt for a cesarean section or use of pain blocker, depending on the location.
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by booksrite001: 4:36am On Jul 02, 2019
abkreizi:
Hmmmm...... I sha don't want to insult you cos maybe you dont know... so let me enlighten you a bit....In surrogacy the surrogate mother share any genes with the child as the sperm and egg belong to the biological parents. ...the surrogate is just a carrying vessel

angry
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by AjalaDtraveller(f): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
[/quote] shocked[quote author=daddytime post=79701636]Way to go...

Surrogacy is indeed priceless...

Who need sperm abeg
cool
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by omoharry(f): 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2019
PlanetOfApes:

If your face resemble obasanjo and your wife too self ugly ee nor get how the best Oyinbo woman or Hisbanic lady will influence the look of that baby.Its all boils down to the DNA of both parent to determine the outcome of the baby.

So a beautiful baby can be carried by any woman be it an Iya Bose or a market woman .A healthy and beautiful baby can be delivered as long has both egg and sperm deposited in her womb have good DNA.
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by omoharry(f): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nigeria should be careful of this new trend. It’s been in existence for many years but has only become very trendy lately.
There’s still many ethical issues surrounding surrogacy no matter how good it’s painted.

Like the motherless babies homes with its many unethical problems, surrogacy isn’t the perfect solution to infertility that people see it as. There are still lots of malpractices going on from exploitation of the women to even serious legal and health issues later.

There are women who go into these for commercial reasons and there the clinics where these are undertaken must be seriously regulated.

It’s true that the baby takes the DNA of the sperm and egg donors but it is still at the mercy of the surrogate. Surrogates life style and nutrition can impact on the baby. A drinking mum, some women on prescription medications who go into surrogacy to get paid and feeding habit can affect the baby.

A surrogate can die, develop complications during the process, she can miscarry and can also deliver a deformed or disabled baby.

Certain genetic disorders can be detected during the period of surrogacy and the donors might want to have the child aborted...the surrogate might not want that.
A surrogate might develop psychological issues after carrying the baby to term and might not want to dissociate from the child even though her dna wasn’t part of the child...

Who breastfeeds? Donor might not want breastfeeding, this might become the new trend where a whole new generation of babies are denied breast milk!

I had the experience of nearly falling into this trap some years ago. I was approached by a doctor to help a woman get pregnant in return for ‘lots of goodies’. I was tempted, very tempted but I declined. I can never give away my child for any amount of money.

Your baby? A child that does not share any of your DNA is now your baby? maybe you do not understand the concept of surrogacy( where two parent donate thier sperm and embryo to be fertilized before it is implanted in your womb)..you are just a container for the baby to grow in. You do not share any DNA with the unborn child what so ever; then why attached yourself emotionally to something that is not yours.Thank God you objected becos it is obvious you dont understand what is involve.
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by dotedote: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
thatigboman:
u think that a woman that is looking for a child will have time to read the bible?

Help me ask him/her
Are you in the Bible ?

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Brainydee: 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lekanberry:
Inside life
dey is life!
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Brainydee: 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
thesicilian:
It's a welcome development, and a lucrative business opportunity that many Nigerian women are yet to tap into.
vry true.....
Re: Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb by Treasure4u2: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
Are u in need of a surrogate mother? Please do contact me on Whatsapp on 08146040114. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Son Grabs His Mother's Boobs While Posing For A Photo / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.