Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (127286 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by loriaidah(f): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
Good day all, please just wanted to ask if anyone has written the new CBT? If yes,how is it? What was your experience? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by eamodu(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
OP which of the IELTS did you write? General or Academic?And what band was required? Looking forward to reading from you. Thank you.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by nk22222(f): 5:01am On Sep 22, 2021
iservwurld:
@crushsugar, May God bless you for this thread. I can tell you I read from the beginning till this last page uninterrupted. Thank you for all you do. You're so patient.

I am writing this on behalf of my wife. She's got a BSc in Nursing & also got another certificate in Nursing school, Jos. We would like to kickstart our process to relocate to the UK. She has really been skeptical because she said doesn't want to live us behind ( I mean Me & our 3months old son) She would like us all to go together. From the comments so far, I can tell it's the financial power that can determine if we can go together right?
1. Can WE as a family be given a Visa? I am not in the medical line but I don't mind being a carer for our baby while she works because I have started a course in IT which I can do from home.
2. From your response to someone, you adviced about registering on NMC even before writing IELTS. Why's this? Because she just wants to begin IELTS tutorials so she can be ready for the exams.
3. I hear people talk about the CV. Where does this come in? After IELTS or before & why? Please do send me a sample copy to chidobill00@gmail.com

4. As the husband, do I need proof of funds before we're issued a visa? What is expected of me. Since our boy is only 3months, can he be allowed to travel at that tender age. I just need a guide because I really want us to relocate.
I would appreciate if you can breakdown the process for me so I can show to her so can be gingered about it because it was until her friend told her that her family can join her that she developed the interest with the IELTS tutorials.

Thank you & God Bless.
Y'all advice is welcome.
please I'm interested in this reply because I have a year baby and currently pregnant (3 months gone ) i want to start the UK process.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Dotar: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2021
I have bsc in psychology,.. please is it possible I do msc in nursing in the UK, get registered and work in the medical line?

Will be getting married to a Nigerian Brit this year and I'm relocating next year..
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Pearlyfaze: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
Dotar:
I have bsc in psychology,.. please is it possible I do msc in nursing in the UK, get registered and work in the medical line?

Will be getting married to a Nigerian Brit this year and I'm relocating next year..

It is very possible to do Msc Pre-registration Adult or Mental Nurse in the UK from any field of study. What you will need to do before applying is either work as a Health care Assistant or Volunteer as one, doing this will increase your chances of getting admission.

Congratulations on your Marriage. Please do note that Marriage in the West is different from what we have in Africa.

Na Partnership west dey do nor be African i be head (male), you be tail(woman)

5 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Babygal2020(f): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
You are very funny. "Head and tail" grin
Pearlyfaze:

It is very possible to do Msc Pre-registration Adult or Mental Nurse in the UK from any field of study. What you will need to do before applying is either work as a Health care Assistant or Volunteer as one, doing this will increase your chances of getting admission.

Congratulations on your Marriage. Please do note that Marriage in the West is different from what we have in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by loriaidah(f): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
loriaidah:
Good day all, please just wanted to ask if anyone has written the new CBT? If yes,how is it? What was your experience? Thanks

Please is there anyone who has written the new CBT?
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by macjireh: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
loriaidah:

Please is there anyone who has written the new CBT?
which one is d new CBT again... my sister just passed her ielts and says d next step is CBT.. is it a different test or wat?
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by loriaidah(f): 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
loriaidah:

There is a new format for CBT now, it has A and B
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by chidirobert(m): 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
loriaidah:

There is a new format for CBT now, it has A and B
Is it more easy or more difficult to pass now please
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Anugoson(m): 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
crushsugar:
The question is why would I leave in the first place?
Simple answer is I was tired. Tired of the structure, staffing, poor opportunities, I felt stuck and just wanted more.
I wanted to see what's going on out there. I wanted to be part of a standard setting and reach for my dreams which seems impossible for me or would have taken so much time. This wasn't about money. It's about fulfilment.
So, my dream of working abroad started about 2 years after school of nursing. I was working but not happy, after going for post basic program, I still felt stuck somewhere even with a public service job. With all the experiences I don't want to bore is with, I finally made up my mind in October 2018.
Booked IELTS UKVI, in January and did the test March 1st. It came out well.
Then I searched for a potential employer, did the interview and was offered appointment.
So, paper work began.
Please for the IELTS UKVI is it the academic or general?
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Ndidi2: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
Pearlyfaze:

please is there age limit in applying for a nursing job in the UK from school of nursing
Someone should answer me l beg of una.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Pearlyfaze: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2021
Ndidi2:
please is there age limit in applying for a nursing job in the UK from school of nursing
Someone should answer me l beg of una.

I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Veevii: 3:46am On Oct 15, 2021
Babygal2020:

DM me let me add you to a group.
Please add me to the group i am also interested.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Babygal2020(f): 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2021
Veevii:

Please add me to the group i am also interested.
Send a PM
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by loriaidah(f): 3:28am On Oct 20, 2021
Please answer me, is there any one who has written the new CBT?
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by loriaidah(f): 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please can someone add me to an IELTS Practice group that is active and will enable prepare for my exams please ����
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nat15: 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
Pls I wish to start the process, a bit confused whether to start with IELTS or write the CBT first. Email at ceopereg@gmail.com, pls sample CV and add me to any group that will help in study
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Richdee1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Nat15:
Pls I wish to start the process, a bit confused whether to start with IELTS or write the CBT first. Email at ceopereg@gmail.com, pls sample CV and add me to any group that will help in study
Read from page 1

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by babranancy: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=loriaidah post=106890553]Please answer me, is there any one who has written the new CBT?
I have written it, the part A is drug calculation and fluid balance while part B is objective questions too depending on your specialty.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by loriaidah(f): 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2021
[quote author=babranancy post=108493748][/quote]
Thanks though it came late but someone responded. So, please is there anyone that can add me to the OSCE group?����
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by sharone21(f): 2:31am On Dec 16, 2021
Cameroon: January admission is on for Assistant Nurses and HND Nurses.

RN Nurses: 1year top up for BSN.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by emeraldoe(f): 8:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Good morning, My cousin did public health in school. She wants to migrate to the UK and I don't know the process( I'm a nurse, I only know the nursing migration). Please I need a step by step process for her to migrate. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by umarwy(m): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Yes you can......

Oga sir!!!!
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Lexusgs430: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2021
umarwy:

Oga sir!!!!

Yes Oga .....
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Lexusgs430: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2021
emeraldoe:
Good morning, My cousin did public health in school. She wants to migrate to the UK and I don't know the process( I'm a nurse, I only know the nursing migration). Please I need a step by step process for her to migrate. Thanks

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Jonjohnson: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
Please can I get M. Sc Adult Nursing without health care experience?
I'm a 2:2 graduate from economics.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by TheLasyBuddha: 7:42am On Dec 24, 2021
Jonjohnson:
Please can I get M. Sc Adult Nursing without health care experience?
I'm a 2:2 graduate from economics.

Instead, you could get adult pre-registration nursing; it is a pathway into nursing for people who do not hold a first degree in nursing.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Jonjohnson: 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2021
TheLasyBuddha:

Instead, you could get adult pre-registration nursing; it is a pathway into nursing for people who do not hold a first degree in nursing.
I meant pre reg. tho. Can I get the admission without experience?

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by TheLasyBuddha: 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Jonjohnson:

I meant pre reg. tho. Can I get the admission without experience?

I believe some schools require experience, but it doesn't have to be in nursing roles. You have to check the requirements for the programme in the school you hope to apply to.

Best regards.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:35am On Jan 12, 2022
TheLasyBuddha:

I believe some schools require experience, but it doesn't have to be in nursing roles. You have to check the requirements for the programme in the school you hope to apply to.

Best regards.
there is no harm in trying, you just need to prove them that you have been in a position where you have looked after people before, find a way of relating your past or present experience to it.
Good luck
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:39am On Jan 12, 2022
Happy new year my people how we dey?

I just feel I should encourage and prepare people's mind for living in the UK. The truth is that you will need to be very committed and ready to work, you cannot do it with half mind, do not expect it to be easier either because it is not going to be easy but people doing it do not have 2 heads
I am just saying you ready for work?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.