Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria (1793 Views)

See A Photo Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Mother Who's Linked To Diezani's Looting / APC Governorship Aspirant, 17,000 Others Defect To PDP / South African Mercenary Killed In Friendly Fire In Borno State-daily Maverick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by blank(f): 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
SA Mercenary with 17,000 Ammunition Linked to Nigeria

A large quantity of ammunition which was allegedly stolen from the Hoedspruit air force base in South Africa has been found on a farm near Carolina in Mpum-alanga, News24.com reported yesterday.
The approximately 17,000 rounds, of which more than half are for R4 assault rifles, were found in a house rented by a former air force flight instructor.

The suspect, whose identity is known to Beeld, is currently in Nigeria where he is supposedly working as a mercenary.
The police carried out the raid on the farm Jaglus, about 10km outside Carolina, on Monday night after receiving a tip-off about the ammunition.
The suspect rents a house on the farm. Three firearms (for which the suspect does have licences) were also seized.
These firearms are a 9mm pistol, a .303 and a .22 rifle.

The police also suspect that there are illegal firearms in a second safe discovered in the house.
Apparently this second safe will only be opened once the suspect has returned to South Africa.
The information about where the ammunition was kept was apparently given to police after they conducted a raid last week on Willem Ratte and nine other men.

Leonard Hlathi, spokesperson for the unit against organised crime in Mpumalanga, confirmed that the seized ammunition is being kept at the police station in Carolina.
He could not say whether there is any link between the raids on Ratte and the farm at Carolina.
The ammunition also included hundreds of 12-gauge, .22, .303 and 9mm rounds.
Meanwhile Beeld has determined that plans are being made to bring the suspect back to South Africa from Nigeria by the weekend.

http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=184633
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by md4real(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2010
i guess MEND is recruiting wink
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by gidson12(m): 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
md4real:

i guess MEND is recruiting wink

i tell u
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by babaowo: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
i think nigeria should be ready and preparing for 2011,because politician are getting set already
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by Ninapha(f): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2010
No, Its not MEND, The elections are set now, there are still more to be revealed. Oya! more news.
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2010
But why south africa? there is a missing link somewhere
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by joleram(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
Good! I think south Africa policemen are doing correct job, unlike our own POLICEMEN who go about collecting #20 and #50 on our highways.Even when they know where terrorists and armed robbers are, instead of going on to arrest them, they will not but prefer to arrest anyone who give them information on it.Pls, I am not saying you are not trying ooo, but your performance is below 50%.
  Now, let those big men aiding such act be revealed and brought to book.May God help NIGERIA(AMEN).
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by superboi(m): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2010
in south africa a lot of ex white military guys that retired after the fall of apartheid are into "security" business and are known to fight and train whoever pays them well.
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2010
tunde300us:

But why south africa? there is a missing link somewhere  

Henry Okah, arguably the most successful gunrunner in Nigerian history, is the missing link. The guy operates out of South Africa.
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2010
SA again?

Now we are getting closer to the final revealation
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by slap1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
My theory is that Mr. Mercenary is also behind the importation of the bombs for the Abuja blast and is Henry Okah's accomplice. They should get him over to SA for questioning.
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by johnie: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
joleram:

Good! I think south Africa policemen are doing correct job, unlike our own POLICEMEN who go about collecting #20 and #50 on our highways[b].Even when they know where terrorists and armed robbers are, instead of going on to arrest them, they will not [/b] but prefer to arrest anyone who give them information on it.Pls, I am not saying you are not trying ooo, but your performance is below 50%.
   Now, let those big men aiding such act be revealed and brought to book.May God help NIGERIA(AMEN).

Na today?

Read this interesting piece by Bashorun J.K. Randle:

Perhaps I should add that while Chief Agbabiaka held sway in Lagos, the "head of thieves" (olori ole) was equally well known. His name was Aninkura who, like Agbab, hailed from Ilorin. As fate would have it, the Colonial Government decided to give Agbab a belated promotion which compelled him to move to Abakaliki.

Chief Agbabiaka, as was customary in those days, was in transit in Lagos on his way to commence his government sponsored leave in Britain. It meant he had to come from Abakaliki to catch either the "M.V. Apapa" or "M.V. Aureol" to Liverpool where the ship would dock before he could catch the train to London and other parts of England. Anyway, Chief Agbabiaka had to return abruptly to Abakaliki to deal with some urgent matters. By the time he came back to Lagos, the ship on which he was booked had sailed off. Consequently, he had to cool his heels in Lagos and wait for the next Liverpool bound ship.

My father decided to hold a party for Agbab. The party was already in full swing with Ayinde Bakare on the bandstand dishing out the most melodious sakara music when, who should turn up but Aninkura ("the head of thieves"wink. He had come to lodge a complaint with my father to the effect that the extended presence of Chief Agbabiaka in Lagos was disrupting his business! He wanted my father to ensure that Chief Agbabiaka, who had by then risen to the rank of Senior Superintendent of Police, was immediately loaded on the next ship to Liverpool or recalled to Abakaliki to deal with more serious crimes, instead of meddling with the petty crimes in Lagos.

Source: http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14135:buried-in-accordance-with-moslem-rites-by-a-christian-&catid=96:columnists&Itemid=350
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by joleram(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2010
Good! I think south Africa policemen are doing correct job, unlike our own POLICEMEN who go about collecting #20 and #50 on our highways.Even when they know where terrorists and armed robbers are, instead of going on to arrest them, they will not but prefer to arrest anyone who give them information on it.Pls, I am not saying you are not trying ooo, but your performance is below 50%.
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by oluagness(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2010
They are preparing for 2011. One man one vote, how will it be
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by egift(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
[size=18pt]People Deceiving People[/size]

Who are they fooling. Keep dribbling yourself. Simply - complete your investigations and prosecute who did it. Instead of perambulating everywhere with disjointed claims. angry
Re: South African Mercenary With 17,000 Ammunition Linked To Nigeria by JUO(m): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
i never knew south africa produce guns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R4_assault_rifle

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State / Acn Wins In Lagos, Ogun, Oyo And Ekiti. Olurin, Akala, And Dosunmu Flogged! / Fuel Subsidy Cabal Named!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.