Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

The Myth About Female Virginity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Myth About Female Virginity (4114 Views)

Why Do Men Believe This Myth About The Vagina Of Women? / Bursting Myth About Masturbation You May Not Know / The Myth About Female Virginity - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Myth About Female Virginity by Pascopele: 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
We were discussing about females virginity yesterday and someone was like the only way to know if a girl is a virgin or not is that it's a must every girl bleeds during her first sex and am sure majority have same mindset but this is wrong.. Bleeding doesn't determine if a girl is a virgin or not so I decided to release this article to help educate our young men and women on this issue of girls bleeding during first sex...

THE MYTH ABOUT FEMALE VIRGINITY -why most women won't bleed the first time they have sex. There's a very common myth in South and Central Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan etc.) and Africa (Nigeria and many other nations ) that you can tell if a woman is a virgin, by whether or not she bleeds the first time she has sex.
There is zero truth in this. Not all women bleed the first time they have sex, as I'll explain in this post.

To understand why some women bleed and some don't, it's very important to understand what the hymen is. The hymen is a membrane that tends to cover part of the vaginal opening (it does not always block or cover the entire vagina, as some people mistakenly think).

NOT ALL WOMEN HAVE A HYMEN. The hymen also differs from woman to woman - like all women have different heights and weights and features, all women also have different amounts and types of hymen. Some women have thick hymens, some have very thin hymens, and some women have NO hymens at all.

Some women have larger hymens, some women naturally have a very little amount of hymen that covers only a small portion of their vaginal opening (and hence does not really get in the way, during first-time sex). In addition to this, the hymen wears away on its own as you grow up. For most women, the hymen wears away on its own with exercise, bicycling, horseback riding -it can wear off with pretty much any other physical activity, even dancing! - or from using tampons when menstruating. Especially if the hymen is very small or thin, most of it tends to wear away on its own as a girl grows up.
If a woman is born WITHOUT a hymen, she won't bleed the first time she has sex. If a woman has a small or thin hymen, she might not bleed the first time she has sex.
If a woman's hymen has worn away on its own (which is very common as girls grow up), she won't bleed the first time she has sex. The result is that the overwhelming majority -at least 63% of women - will NOT bleed the first time they have sex, according to a study published by the British Medical Journal. Women who do bleed include: - Women with thick hymens (who constitute a small percentage of the population) - Younger girls. Because the hymen wears away on its own with time, a 16-year old has a higher chance of bleeding than a 25-year old.

By the time a girl is of or above the legal age of consent - 18, 20, 24 years of age, for example - most of her hymen is likely to have worn away on its own, meaning it's unlikely that she'll bleed a lot, if at all. However, even a young girl can be physically active, have a thin or small hymen, or have no hymen at all, meaning she might not bleed during first-time sex. - Most often, women who bleed tend to be women who are dealt with roughly during sex. If the guy forces himself inside the girl, when she isn't ready, relaxed or aroused enough, he is likely to cause injury or bleeding. Because most people think it's normal for women to bleed the first time they have sex, they don't realize that this bleeding is a result of the woman having been hurt, and not of the hymen breaking Painful first-time sex is generally because the woman is not relaxed or aroused enough, and gets hurt as a result; it is rarely ever because of the hymen breaking. The bottom line is that there is no way to assess female virginity.

Bleeding does not have anything to do with virginity - it has to do with the kind of hymen a girl has, and hymens differ from girl to girl from birth. The result is that only a small percentage of women bleed the first time! (Only 37% bleed during first-time sex, according to the study published in the British Medical Journal.) Why is this so important to be aware of? Women all over the world get abused, injured and even killed due to the myth of 'virgin bleeding.. Because most people (men AND women) think that bleeding is a sign of virginity, women who don't bleed the first time have been divorced, suffered from suspicion leading to domestic violence and abuse, and even killed for honour.
Educating people that a girl does not necessarily have to bleed the first time she has sex - because not all girls have thick hymens, and some are born with no hymen at all - is important because it can literally save lives.

P.S: I understand that not everyone is able to share material like this, even if they want to. However, the only way we can educate people regarding this issue is if it goes into the news feeds of as many people as possible, if as many people as possible read it. So please consider sharing. If you can

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by QueenSekxy(f): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
You were discussing about female virginity with your friends, seriously? Is that how jobless Nigerian men can be?

11 Likes

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by CosmicPhoenix: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
virginity is not DIGNITY but lack of OPPORTUNITY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
QueenSekxy:
You were discussing about female virginity with your friends, seriously? Is that how jobless Nigerian men can be?
Next time, make use of the word "SOME" and try not to generalize things like a demented cùnt.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
elders, your food is ready

2 Likes

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by middlebelter(m): 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2019
Pascopele:
We were discussing about females virginity yesterday and someone was like the only way to know if a girl is a virgin or not is that it's a must every girl bleeds during her first sex and am sure majority have same mindset but this is wrong.. Bleeding doesn't determine if a girl is a virgin or not so I decided to release this article to help educate our young men and women on this issue of girls bleeding during first sex...

THE MYTH ABOUT FEMALE VIRGINITY -why most women won't bleed the first time they have sex. There's a very common myth in South and Central Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan etc.) and Africa (Nigeria and many other nations ) that you can tell if a woman is a virgin, by whether or not she bleeds the first time she has sex.
There is zero truth in this. Not all women bleed the first time they have sex, as I'll explain in this post.

To understand why some women bleed and some don't, it's very important to understand what the hymen is. The hymen is a membrane that tends to cover part of the vaginal opening (it does not always block or cover the entire vagina, as some people mistakenly think).

NOT ALL WOMEN HAVE A HYMEN. The hymen also differs from woman to woman - like all women have different heights and weights and features, all women also have different amounts and types of hymen. Some women have thick hymens, some have very thin hymens, and some women have NO hymens at all.

Some women have larger hymens, some women naturally have a very little amount of hymen that covers only a small portion of their vaginal opening (and hence does not really get in the way, during first-time sex). In addition to this, the hymen wears away on its own as you grow up. For most women, the hymen wears away on its own with exercise, bicycling, horseback riding -it can wear off with pretty much any other physical activity, even dancing! - or from using tampons when menstruating. Especially if the hymen is very small or thin, most of it tends to wear away on its own as a girl grows up.
If a woman is born WITHOUT a hymen, she won't bleed the first time she has sex. If a woman has a small or thin hymen, she might not bleed the first time she has sex.
If a woman's hymen has worn away on its own (which is very common as girls grow up), she won't bleed the first time she has sex. The result is that the overwhelming majority -at least 63% of women - will NOT bleed the first time they have sex, according to a study published by the British Medical Journal. Women who do bleed include: - Women with thick hymens (who constitute a small percentage of the population) - Younger girls. Because the hymen wears away on its own with time, a 16-year old has a higher chance of bleeding than a 25-year old.

By the time a girl is of or above the legal age of consent - 18, 20, 24 years of age, for example - most of her hymen is likely to have worn away on its own, meaning it's unlikely that she'll bleed a lot, if at all. However, even a young girl can be physically active, have a thin or small hymen, or have no hymen at all, meaning she might not bleed during first-time sex. - Most often, women who bleed tend to be women who are dealt with roughly during sex. If the guy forces himself inside the girl, when she isn't ready, relaxed or aroused enough, he is likely to cause injury or bleeding. Because most people think it's normal for women to bleed the first time they have sex, they don't realize that this bleeding is a result of the woman having been hurt, and not of the hymen breaking Painful first-time sex is generally because the woman is not relaxed or aroused enough, and gets hurt as a result; it is rarely ever because of the hymen breaking. The bottom line is that there is no way to assess female virginity.

Bleeding does not have anything to do with virginity - it has to do with the kind of hymen a girl has, and hymens differ from girl to girl from birth. The result is that only a small percentage of women bleed the first time! (Only 37% bleed during first-time sex, according to the study published in the British Medical Journal.) Why is this so important to be aware of? Women all over the world get abused, injured and even killed due to the myth of 'virgin bleeding.. Because most people (men AND women) think that bleeding is a sign of virginity, women who don't bleed the first time have been divorced, suffered from suspicion leading to domestic violence and abuse, and even killed for honour.
Educating people that a girl does not necessarily have to bleed the first time she has sex - because not all girls have thick hymens, and some are born with no hymen at all - is important because it can literally save lives.

P.S: I understand that not everyone is able to share material like this, even if they want to. However, the only way we can educate people regarding this issue is if it goes into the news feeds of as many people as possible, if as many people as possible read it. So please consider sharing. If you can

Thank you for sharing this piece of information. However, I would have been more comfortable with the thread if you can share links , authorities or Journals in support of the claims as presented.

Now to my question, is it possible for a woman that is not a virgin to bleed after /during sex? I mean, a woman that has had sex several time before wedding to start bleeding on the first day on wedding night?
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by gentlegenius(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
middlebelter:

Thank you for sharing this piece of information. However, I would have been more comfortable with the thread if you can share links , authorities or Journals in support of the claims as presented.

Now to my question, is it possible for a woman that is not a virgin to bleed after /during sex? I mean, a woman that has had sex several time before wedding to start bleeding on the first day on wedding night?
Thank you
Very possible... I have a friend with big dick. He told me that his girlfriend (who is not a virgin) bleeds profusely on the first two occasions he had sex with her.
This is possibly due to the fact that he didn't wait for her to pussy to wet enough and relax before pushing in his massive dick.
Just like the OP said, most girls bleed due to being hurt, not due to loss of hymen.
I think the best way to check a girl's virginity is not to sleep with her and see if she'll bleed, but to look inside her v@gina for possible signs of the presence of hymen. No matter how thin or small the hymen is, those who are conversant with the looks of hymen and the v@ginal anatomy can still detect it. And the percentage of girls that were born without hymen is very small. There's a high chance that you won't meet any of such girls in your entire lifetime.
This visual inspection method may not be a perfect way to check virginity, but I believe it is the closest to perfection.

1 Like

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
gentlegenius:

Very possible... I have a friend with big dick. He told me that his girlfriend (who is not a virgin) bleeds profusely on the first two occasions he had sex with her.
This is possibly due to the fact that he didn't wait for her to pussy to wet enough and relax before pushing in his massive dick.
Just like the OP said, most girls bleed due to being hurt, not due to loss of hymen.
I think the best way to check a girl's virginity is not to sleep with her and see if she'll bleed, but to look inside her v@gina for possible signs of the presence of hymen. No matter how thin or small the hymen is, those who are conversant with the looks of hymen and the v@ginal anatomy can still detect it.. And the percentage of girls that were born without hymen is very small. There's a high chance that you won't meet any of such girls in your entire lifetime.
This visual inspection method may not be a perfect way to check virginity, but I believe it is the closest to perfection.
grin grin grin

Your head nor correct I swear.

So anyone that wants to marry a virgin should go study toto??

Lol. I should quite nairaland mehn.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by mezarddinny: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
QueenSekxy:
so men from other countries don't talk ahout sex and virginity? inferiority complex dey worry you

no be dem talk sey make dem use coke and okpa take collect your virginity na

5 Likes

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Magnoliaa(f): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
virginity is not DIGNITY but lack of OPPORTUNITY

Mtchewwwww.

1 Like

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by QueenSekxy(f): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
mezarddinny:
so men from other countries don't talk ahout sex and virginity? inferiority complex dey worry you

So, wetin dem use collect yours?
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by CosmicPhoenix: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
wetin undecided
Magnoliaa:

Mtchewwwww.
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Magnoliaa(f): 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
An enlightening piece.

1 Like

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by CosmicPhoenix: 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
mezarddinny:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Magnoliaa(f): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
wetin undecided

Choosing not to have sex is nothing but a CHOICE.

1 Like

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by NUJABEZ: 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
I had no idea this was the case. I thought every girl has an obligate hymen. I don't even like virgins, and girls who place too much importance on virginity I cannot have anything to do with.

Such girls tend to be very dull or asocial or religious. I prefer bad girls who have explored their srxuality and know many tricks.

I was with a babe recently who blew my mind with the many little tricks she knew. Which virgin can do that?

I rebuke virgins everywhere....get a life.

1 Like

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by NUJABEZ: 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
I think you are saying the truth
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by NUJABEZ: 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
Magnoliaa:

I guess you haven't really been aroused by a person you can't say no to.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Oshin56(m): 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
gentlegenius:

I think the best way to check a girl's virginity is not to sleep with her and see if she'll bleed, but to look inside her v@gina for possible signs of the presence of hymen. No matter how thin or small the hymen is, those who are conversant with the looks of hymen and the v@ginal anatomy can still detect it. And the percentage of girls that were born without hymen is very small. There's a high chance that you won't meet any of such girls in your entire lifetime.
blessed are you among the p**sy checkers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by SUPERPACK: 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
Bats, rats and some mammals have hymen too, are they made to be virgins?. so its no big deal,

1 Like

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Magnoliaa(f): 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
NUJABEZ:

I guess you haven't really been aroused by a person you can't say no to.

There are women who got married as virgins in spite of "temptations and arousals" that abound.

Convictions, religious leanings, personal philosophy and
beliefs, dedication to God, etc---these have triumph any cravings of flesh.
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
You wrote something confusing

When a girl reach consent age of 18.20 etc the hymen is likely to wear off by itself.

My question is how does the female body/hymen know consent age when consent age is created by the law?
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by NUJABEZ: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
Magnoliaa:

There are women who got married as virgins in spite of "temptations and arousals" that abound.

Convictions, religious leanings, personal philosophy and
beliefs, dedication to God, etc---these have triumph any cravings of flesh.

Yes, those are possible factors, but yiu obviously have no experience of arousal so you can't really speak on the topic.
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by oyatz(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
He is one of those doing the collection.

QueenSekxy:

So, wetin dem use collect yours?
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Birdeyeview: 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
Erediauwa:
Next time, make use of the word "SOME" and try not to generalize things like a demented cùnt.
my Chest oo! That was too harsh.
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by QueenSekxy(f): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
oyatz:
He is one of those doing the collection.

He wasn't born a community dìck.
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Magnoliaa(f): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
NUJABEZ:

Yes, those are possible factors, but yiu obviously have no experience of arousal so you can't really speak on the topic.

Possible factors that make it a choice? Dazall.

And there are women making that choice. I simply mentioned them.
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
QueenSekxy:

So all your life you have been serious about everything, even the richest men in the world have fun, have time for trivial stuff

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by oyatz(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2019
But he later developed a community penis

QueenSekxy:

He wasn't born a community dìck.

1 Like

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by domino4211(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
Virgin above 18yrs of age in this Nigeria? undecided
Are you fvcking kidding me?..undecided
Finding a virgin above 18yrs in Nigeria is like finding a hausa/fulani man who has a preeq that's upto 7 inches long..
Very rare undecided..
Small diicked men with inflated egos everywhere in the north..

1 Like

Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by QueenSekxy(f): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
oyatz:
But he later developed a community penis

No, he didn't just develop it.

He should tell me how they collected his virginity.
Through osho free or oloshoism.
Re: The Myth About Female Virginity by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Just the same way choosing not to commit murder is nothing but a choice abi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy Ask For 35k See What His Nonsense Friend Sent PHOTOS / Your Wife Is Probably Sleeping With Other Men If You Notice These Three Things / Obama Caught In The Act!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.