Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,985 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 (4675 Views)

Review: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T / I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc / Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by cortix(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hey guys please help me make choice between Samsung Galaxy A20 and Xiaomi N70. I need a very honest review.

Factors to consider
Am not a gaming type. I care much about camera, display and and battery life cos I suf the internet a lot as a journalist.

Am not after design or brand name.

Key factors

1. Camera
2. Battery
3. Display
4. Internet speed and 4g support ( especially Ntel )
5. GPs
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
Even redmi 7 is better than a20
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Even redmi 7 is better than a20
in all our dealings make we dey fear God o. haa

4 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
go for a20 for the following reasons 1.better display(amoled) 2. class and recognition 3. resale value 4. repairs issue 5. affordability( #50500 now)
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
seanwilliam:
in all our dealings make we dey fear God o. haa
that's the truth sir
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
seanwilliam:
go for a20 for the following reasons 1.better display(amoled)
2. class and recognition
3. resale value
4. repairs issue
5. affordability( #50500 now)
1. A 720p low budget amoled = any midrange 720p ips lcd
2. Okk
3. The xiaomi midrangers have better resale value,take it or leave it(the samsungs that have good resale value are their flagships)
4. Xiaomi phones are durable(even redmi 7 have corning gorrila glass 5),incase of repairs,visit computervillage, or any xiaomi repair center around you, or order parts from aliexpress/jumia and fix yourself(they are very easy to fix with the help of youtube)
5. Redmi 7 2/16gb 33k(promo), 3/32gb 46k, 3/64gb 53k on jumia

PS: redmi 7 have a better processor,camera,support(can even install gcam with ease),customization, security(mi lock),durability,features than the a20.so therefore you cant compare the a20 to even redmi note 7(give respect to what deserves it)

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
that's the truth sir
low budget amoled is far better than any high end lcd, ips, tft. amoled has the best display in the world. u are nt being sincere with urself with ur response.u are a marketer. i go still catch u. u are responsive, articulate and humble though
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
seanwilliam:
low budget amoled is far better than any high end lcd, ips, tft. amoled has the best display in the world. u are nt being sincere with urself with ur response.u are a marketer. i go still catch u. u are responsive, articulate and humble though
the Amoleds used on Samsung high ends is different from the ones used on their budget,even iPhone 6s display is better than most budget amoled....even LCD IPS from HTC and lg flagship competed with Samsung flagship amoled then
mizik come ooo

6 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
the Amoles used on Samsung high ends is different from the ones used on their budget,even iPhone 6s display is better than most budget amoled....even LCD IPS from HTC and lg flagship competed with Samsung flagship amoled then
mizik come ooo
you are tech-ignorant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Joezik(m): 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
Super AMOLED vs LCD IPS

The true beauty of S AMOLED is seen in its high end device.... 1080p above, any lower fall short of expectations.

True S AMOLED is better than IPS LCD but not in all dimension

While the former has brighter colours
The latter is sharper.... and more difference

For a 720p both phone screen is not that distinguishable.

MeshachMartins has a point

Redmi 7 gives more value for money

9 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Iamvictor(m): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2019
I bought Redmi note 7 3 days ago and I have been enjoying the phone.
The battery is good.
I am using Glo 4G and I believe you can use Ntel 4G too.
Camera is superb and it is durable. I don't know anything of Samsung A20 but I think for a journalist. The RN7 should be your best buy.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by chibike69: 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
use redmi note 7 with gcam

u will surely see the angels if u snap the cloud with Rn7
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
seanwilliam:
Saying low budget AMOLEDS are better than high end LCD is a Capital and insulting lie,

A low end PIXELATED AMOLED is no way better than a high end LCD..

That's unless you have not seen a high end LCD or do you think those annoying pixels in a low budget AMOLED is also part of its charm..

3 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by ikennamadu1(m): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
chibike69:
use redmi note 7 with gcam
u will surely see the angels if u snap the cloud with Rn7
How can I download gcam. Bro
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
seanwilliam:
you are tech-ignorant
So what is tech ignorant about his claims,

The fact that Samsung high end HDR enabled AMOLEDS are superior to their lower end AMOLEDS,

or

The fact that AMOLEDS didn't use to be good screens and were matched and even bettered by high end LCDs.

AMOLEDS may be great screens but it's inherent pixelation in low end screen resolutions is a big turn off..

2 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Abudu2000(m): 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
Some things manufacturers do it's just an insult to th consumers, how can you call a phone premium and you use a plastic back, poor camera quality, poor network sensors that even the 4g is worse than 2g?? We know Samsung want's to made midrange phone's but who's begging them to? If they can't let em just stick to their s- series and leave budget phones for the Chinese. coz this A20 is straight up trash, go on gsmarena to see the bad reviews.

Phone is no more just to make calls or browse, it's now a fashion statement, something to compliment and increase your style and this is what apple understands that's why they still in business even upon the trash they kept bringing out with the same specs different name.

Even though Xiaomi N7 is more expensive for adding that premium glass back look alone it's a killer to A20, forget the Samsung name whatever

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Thebwoy: 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2019
If u wan buy Samsung, buy Samsung wey d bring out time design and manufacture not all those Samsung wey d just coupled remaining parts.
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Chicallisto: 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
How on earth are you comparing both phones... n7 and A20 no b mate... I'll choose 3 months old n7 over brand new a20.

5 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
DarkJeddi:
So what is tech ignorant about his claims,

The fact that Samsung high end HDR enabled AMOLEDS are superior to their lower end AMOLEDS,

or

The fact that AMOLEDS didn't use to be good screens and were matched and even bettered by high end LCDs.

AMOLEDS may be great screens but it's inherent pixelation in low end screen resolutions is a big turn off..
an average phone user cant spot the different between the s8 and a30 display except a tech savvy. indirectly amoled is the same
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
Chicallisto:
How on earth are you comparing both phones... n7 and A20 no b mate... I'll choose 3 months old n7 over brand new a20.
what of a30 vs rn7?
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by cortix(m): 9:39pm On Jun 27, 2019
Thanks Iamvictor and others that gave their review. Getting the RN7 tomorrow morning. I will drop review based on personal experience after 4 days of usage.
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by chibike69: 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
ikennamadu1:

How can I download gcam. Bro

xda-developers forum

Check for gcam thread
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Chicallisto: 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2019
seanwilliam:
what of a30 vs rn7?
Rn7 still better than A30 and even cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 6:19am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
an average phone user cant spot the different between the s8 and a30 display except a tech savvy. indirectly amoled is the same
The A30 has a FHD+ screen resolution,of course the pixelation is not going to be that noticeable but can the same be said about the A20 with HD resolution?

The jump by high end phone screen resolutions from 1080p to 1440p screen resolution has always been more of a benefit to AMOLEDS than it has ever been to LCDS due to the improved clarity on AMOLEDS.

A novice may not know what pixelation is but all he needs is his perception to realize there's something not exactly smooth and crisp looking about his phone's display..

2 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 9:25am On Jun 28, 2019
Chicallisto:

Rn7 still better than A30 and even cheaper.
thanks for exposing ur level of ignorance. you are so bigoted
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2019
DarkJeddi:
The A30 has a FHD+ screen resolution,of course the pixelation is not going to be that noticeable but can the same be said about the A20 with HD resolution?

The jump by high end phone screen resolutions from 1080p to 1440p screen resolution has always been more of a benefit to AMOLEDS than it has ever been to LCDS due to the improved clarity on AMOLEDS.

A novice may not know what pixelation is but all he needs is his perception to realize there's something not exactly smooth and crisp looking about his phone's display..
stop confusing yourself!
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by drjprince: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
dont be rude just accept the fate grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2019
drjprince:
dont be rude just accept the fate grin grin
dnt get it wrong bro. im nt being rude, i was dumpfounded at chicalisto verdict. well i respect everyone's opinion. tnks
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
stop confusing yourself!
Perhaps you should have pointed out the ambiguity in my post,if you have anything meaningful to say..

Don't make the mistake of thinking you are the only one who knows anything about phone tech hereabouts..

Your condescending and know it all attitude is positively annoying..

1 Like

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Perhaps you should have pointed out the ambiguity in my post,if you have anything meaningful to say..

Don't make the mistake of thinking you are the only one who knows anything about phone tech hereabouts..

Your condescending and know it all attitude is positively annoying..
lol. me i dey beat person o. seriously i wanted to counter u, but since u concluded rn7 is better than a30, i rest ma case.
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 10:05am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
Apart from AMOLED screen and the Samsung brand,in which way is the A30 a better phone than the RN7?
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by drjprince: 10:05am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
lol. me i dey beat person o. seriously i wanted to counter u, but since u concluded rn7 is better than a30, i rest ma case.
its better is all about that cpu in Eric's voice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Weeks Old Tecno Camon 12 Pro For Sale / Glo Excites Customers With 1.25GB For N200 / 2gb Ram Phones Below N25k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.