Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 (4674 Views)

Review: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T / I Finally Settled For The Samsung Galaxy A20: Comparing Amoled Display To Ips Lc / Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Apart from AMOLED screen and the Samsung brand,in which way is the A30 a better phone than the RN7?
the word "apart" makes samsung trump xiaomi. u indirectly suscribed to my input. i won
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
lol. me i dey beat person o. seriously i wanted to counter u, but since u concluded rn7 is better than a30, i rest ma case.
Perhaps you should point out where I categorically stated that the RN7 is better than the A30?

The RN7 has the better CPU,GPU,build quality,Audio quality and better battery performance..

The A30 has the better screen and brand name and what else exactly?
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 10:18am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
the word "apart" makes samsung trump xiaomi. u indirectly suscribed to my input. i won
Screen quality is one of the pros of a device NOT the only one,the RN7 trumps it in EVERY other pro..
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 10:19am On Jun 28, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Perhaps you should point out where I categorically stated that the RN7 is better than the A30?

The RN7 has the better CPU,GPU,build quality,Audio quality and better battery performance..

The A30 has the better screen and brand name and what else exactly?
u are resilient
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
u are resilient
Because blustery doesn't win a debate,

How is the A30 the better device?

List its pros for all to see.

4 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by daamazing(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
u are resilient
Stop spitting trash.. No A series is better than 7 series equivalent.!

1 Like

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
daamazing:
Stop spitting trash.. No A series is better than 7 series equivalent.!
rn7 better than the a30,50 and 70 too? i gv up
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Because blustery doesn't win a debate,

How is the A30 the better device?

List its pros for all to see.
to start with, which of the phone have u used?
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
to start with, which of the phone have u used?
I use a Mi Max 3 and I have handled the RN7 and I don't have to have used both devices to know which one is better based on specs,

And don't tell me about optimization,Xiaomi phones are highly optimized..

There are enough reviews of both devices on YouTube and Review Sites to know their strengths and weaknesses.

Having a better CPU is not a subjective test,the Snapdragon 660 runs circles around the Exynos 7904.

Gsmarena reviews of both phones rates the A30 Audio as below average and the camera lacks any form of video stabilization and the RN7 camera is generally better overall.

The battery tests on both devices indicates
the Note 7 has about 16 hours on the A30.

The RN7 has Gorilla Glass 5 front and back to the A30's Gorilla Glass 3 on the front only and plastic back..

These are irrefutable facts and based on processing power,the A50 Exynos 9610 and not the A30's Exynos 7904 is the rival to the Snapdragon 660..

Like I said if you say that the A30 is the better device,list the areas where it trumps the RN7..

As a bonus,for every one Pro you named for the A30 ..I'll give you three pros of the RN7. cool

4 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by daamazing(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
There's redmi 7, redmi note 7 and note 7 pro? Do you realize that?
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by uk10(m): 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
Iamvictor:
I bought Redmi note 7 3 days ago and I have been enjoying the phone.
The battery is good.
I am using Glo 4G and I believe you can use Ntel 4G too.
Camera is superb and it is durable. I don't know anything of Samsung A20 but I think for a journalist. The RN7 should be your best buy.
but glo uses band 28 and Redmi note 7 does not support it
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by tomsheldon: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
You missed the word "equivalent"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
uk10:
but glo uses band 28 and Redmi note 7 does not support it
glo is actually testing out band 3 and it's already available in some areas..
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Chicallisto: 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
thanks for exposing ur level of ignorance. you are so bigoted
Well I won't argue with you..... maybe you should try handling both phones or even go through reviews. U sound like one of those Samsung freaks.. Rn7 performance is far better then that of A30. Rn7 a better phone argue with urself.

3 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Kingsaeedibn: 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2019
DarkJeddi:
I use a Mi Max 3 and I have handled the RN7 and I don't have to have used both devices to know which one is better based on specs,

There are enough reviews of both devices on YouTube and Review Sites to know their strengths and weaknesses.

Having a better CPU is not a subjective test,the Snapdragon 660 runs circles around the Exynos 7904.

Gsmarena reviews of both phones rates the A30 Audio as below average and the camera lacks any form of video stabilization and the RN7 camera is generally better overall.

The RN7 has Gorilla Glass 5 front and back to the A30's Gorilla Glass 3 on the front only and plastic back..

These are irrefutable facts and based on processing power,the A50 Exynos 9610 and not the A30's Exynos 7904 is the rival to the Snapdragon 660..

Like I said if you say that the A30 is the better device,list the areas where it trumps the RN7..

As a bonus,for every one Pro you named for the A30 ..I'll give you three pros of the RN7. cool

Which is better in max 3 and rn7
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2019
Kingsaeedibn:

Which is better in max 3 and rn7
Spec wise the Note 7 is better but the Mi Max 3 has big screen,everlasting battery life and dual speakers going for it..
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by uk10(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
DarkJeddi:
glo is actually testing out band 3 and it's already available in some areas..
do u know if it is available in warri and benin
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 6:53am On Jun 29, 2019
uk10:
do u know if it is available in warri and benin
For now I think it's only available in some areas of Lagos and a few other SW States..
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Kingsaeedibn: 7:22am On Jun 29, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Spec wise the Note 7 is better but the Mi Max 3 has big screen,everlasting battery life and dual speakers going for it..

cool Dash me your max 3 na
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
the Amoleds used on Samsung high ends is different from the ones used on their budget,even iPhone 6s display is better than most budget amoled....even LCD IPS from HTC and lg flagship competed with Samsung flagship amoled then
mizik come ooo
True Apple's Xr's LCD was very good...
Although i don't encourage anyone to buy a $750 phone with an LCD display!!
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:31am On Jun 29, 2019
seanwilliam:
an average phone user cant spot the different between the s8 and a30 display except a tech savvy. indirectly amoled is the same
Such a big lie shockedshockedshocked
Haba... S8 that has a Quad HD up to 510 ppi display...
Shoo... Except you toggle down the resolution to FHD+
But any average person can see the difference!!

1 Like

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:34am On Jun 29, 2019
DarkJeddi:

Even the A50 has plastic cover

2 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by DarkJeddi(m): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2019
Kingsaeedibn:

cool Dash me your max 3 na
grin

Na only the Mi Max 3 I have na..
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Kingsaeedibn: 11:08am On Jun 29, 2019
DarkJeddi:
grin

Na only the Mi Max 3 I have na..

grin Ma send my account number for your mail make you drop me something.. I don gather 50k. Make me too buy MI max 3
cool
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by Iamvictor(m): 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2019
cortix:
Thanks Iamvictor and others that gave their review. Getting the RN7 tomorrow morning. I will drop review based on personal experience after 4 days of usage.
Alright bro.
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by OJayKay: 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2019
Anybody with used RN 7 for sale?
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by ddjay: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2019
Its just the fear of what Trump might do to Xiaomi since its a core Chinese owned brand that might be a problem, but considering specs, rn7 is superior to a20, let for a20's amoled screen and the name "Samsung". But for me personally, hybrid or shared sim slot is my problem with rn7, carrying an external sim accessory is very local to me
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by cortix(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2019
I promise making a review of the Redmi N7.
So let's get it..

Have used the device for over 2 weeks and I must agree that the phone is dope based on my focus and needs i noted earlier for getting the phone. It might not be the best mid range phone out there but it's a cool phone.

SPEED : Am not a gamer, so this review is based on my own usage. I did a speed test with my LG G7 which is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 processor, and comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The phone really tried. Most apps loaded almost the same time and that's a big bonus point.

BATTERY LIFE: The battery life is okay tho as a heavy internet user. It's not really that cool but can be better with lot of optimization. Most times my Hotspot is always toggled on for 24hours and the phone lasted for a day with steady streaming and download.

Few steps to get the battery last longer:
Off WiFi and Bluetooth scanning.
Use dark mode
Turn off all ads service that comes by default in MIUI
Use a better launcher like Nova tongue
Reduce screen brightness.
With this you are good to go!

CAMERA:The camera is dope and can be doper with GCAM. Had crazy shoots with it and I swear the shots are better than my LG G7.
Tho night shots are not super compared to pictures taken during the day.

LOOK AND FEEL: The phone has a premium feel and look without a proper glance one will think it's an iPhone or one of Samsung high end device. The Gorilla Glass protecting the phone front and back gives a more premium and durable feel.

DURABILITY: Am very careless when it comes to handling device. The phone got it first fall from a makeup table almost 4 feet high. I concluded that screen has scattered before picking it up. But to my greatest surprise no sign or crack on any part of the device. The second fall was from a TV stand while the last heavy fall was very my reading table while trying to pick my headphone. I didn't know that it was connected to the phone. The head phone dragged the phone with the same speed I picked it. It landed on the tiles and while trying to pick up the phone it bounced back on the tiles again I almost cried for the phone embarassed but dam the phone is still neat with no visible scratch or even crack.

You can watch full durability test of the phone on YouTube. Just search Redmi N7 durability test my Jerryrigeverthing.

SOUND: The phone has a great sound. Am not expecting it to bounce like a home theater speaker or one of Zealot Bluetooth speakers. You will enjoy the sound with a Miniso head phone. One good thing it has internal sound customisation settings. Tho my old infinix device still have better sound because of the Dirac 3D sound enhancement.
But all the same I give it 4/5 since it's just a single powering speaker.

DISPLAY: The display is very decent both indoor and outdoor. Tho not as dope as an Amoled display but an Average user won't see anything bad with it or see that as a disadvantage. You can tweak the display to look better from the settings. The black theme gives me a bit feel of Amoled display grin especially when on the settings page. If you know you know

I think I have said alot.
From my experience so far I rate the phone 8/10

4 Likes

Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by udemzyudex(m): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2019
seanwilliam:
in all our dealings make we dey fear God o. haa

The only thing A20 take better na more camera, type C port and amoled screen.

That's all.
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by cortix(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2019
udemzyudex:

That's all.

Which more camera, please remove the camera part because RN7 wins in camera war
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by udemzyudex(m): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2019
cortix:

Which more camera, please remove the camera part because RN7 wins in camera war

Before using the phone to snap, some people will go for Samsung A20 cos it has more cam than the R7

I wasn't talking about picture quality here.

13+5mp compare to R7 12+2 mp
Re: Honest Review Xiaomi N7 Vs Samsung Galaxy A20 by seanwilliam(m): 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
udemzyudex:

That's all.
The 'only' u mentioned no be sere sere

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

: Slot Sell Fake's Phones? / Camon C8 Amazing Camera Performance - First Impression / Tecno W5 Unboxing And First Impression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.