Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment (4617 Views)

Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse / What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? / "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 03, 2019
Tell your brother the truth and figure a way out together. Cheers.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 03, 2019
feodan:
am also going through something similar, but i hope God will see us through this. Which state are u ?
ok
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Kissup(f): 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
I didn't want to comment.infact for more than 3months I haven't commented on any post but I just have something to tell you.you failed yourself and you are very weak.i went to uniben and I failed all GST in 100level infact I probated but still I didn't give up glory be to God I graduated with 2;2 and better than those that mocked me.you allowed failure in ur life while I shut failure up.explain to your bro he might still help you but guy you Bleep up big time.my 2cent

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by DateMynd44(m): 8:28am On Jul 08, 2019
Kissup:
I didn't want to comment.infact for more than 3months I haven't commented on any post but I just have something to tell you.you failed yourself and you are very weak.i went to uniben and I failed all GST in 100level infact I probated but still I didn't give up glory be to God I graduated with 2;2 and better than those that mocked me.you allowed failure in ur life while I shut failure up.explain to your bro he might still help you but guy you Bleep up big time.my 2cent
u failed in uniben because u considered slaying a priority over ur academics. as GST exams cheap so for UNIBEN slay queens still dey fail am.
and u claimed u graduated with a lower division and you're saying ur life is better, those wey been commot with 2:1 abi dem get two heads ni
awon oni iranu oshi
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Saintsquare(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2019
There are many Nigerians above the age of 30yrs starting all over in Europe from undergraduate level. Talk to your brother, tell him the truth. It's better to start all over in Europe than in Nigeria. Moreover, promise him you will be sponsoring yourself once you commence your studies and show some enthusiasm. My two cents....

3 Likes

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Kissup(f): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2019
I was slaying come and beat me.Nonsense busy body
DateMynd44:
u failed in uniben because u considered slaying a priority over ur academics. as GST exams cheap so for UNIBEN slay queens still dey fail am.
and u claimed u graduated with a lower division and you're saying ur life is better, those wey been commot with 2:1 abi dem get two heads ni
awon oni iranu oshi
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by DateMynd44(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2019
Kissup:
I was slaying come and beat me.Nonsense busy body
your moniker says it all.
school wey Dem send u u decided to be kissing at hall 2 car park and love gutter. now see where it has landed u and you're now regretting the wasted years. grin
and stop lying u didn't graduate with a 2:2. u think I don't Know u?
you graduated with a third class.
you should be around 27 years now and u were born in March 24th 1992.
I still remember ur details in uniben cheesy
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Kissup(f): 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2019
I'm sure in my post I didn't mention regret I advised the op.i won't reply you I don't have ur time I am busy with my baby.jobless youth read properly b4 commenting
DateMynd44:
your moniker says it all.
school wey Dem send u u decided to be kissing at hall 2 car park and love gutter. now see where it has landed u and you're now regretting the wasted years. grin
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by DateMynd44(m): 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
Kissup:
I'm sure in my post I didn't mention regret I advised the op.i won't reply you I don't have ur time I am busy with my baby.jobless youth read properly b4 commenting
stop lying u didn't graduate with a 2:2. u think I don't Know u?
you graduated with a third class.
you should be around 27 years now and u were born in March 24th 1992.
I still remember ur details in uniben cheesy
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Spanishmilf(m): 10:19am On Jul 09, 2019
Alaye shey u never tell your uncle niii
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Alaye shey u never tell your uncle niii
i have informed him and he was soft and understanding about it
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Spanishmilf(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
Circulate:
i have informed him and he was soft and understanding about it
Nice., Are u rewriting jamb or he is planning on taking u along
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Nice., Are u rewriting jamb or he is planning on taking u along
I am writing jamb and will b choosing UniAbuja.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Spanishmilf(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2019
Circulate:
I am writing jamb and will b choosing UniAbuja.
Damn
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by toprealman: 1:31am On Dec 24, 2019
Circulate:
I created this new account cause of this topic and to hide my identify in reason i'm somewhat a popular member of this forum. Before I begin, let me plead your indulgences to understanding with me due to the fact I won't be fluent in my grammar and sentence's due to my present state of emotional and psychological imbalance. it's a long post please pardon! Be patient and read to the end.

I gained admission into a federal university university in 2013. Among the 11 universities created by GEJ. After seeing my successfully admission status in jamb website, I was so happy I will be going to school cause I was already damn tired of staying at home doing a petty business without a reasonable gain whatsoever so I wanted a better identity and future to crown it all up, my first school fees was a challenge to an extent I almost lose the admission due to my inability to pay on time and as a matter of fact it was my Aunty that help me with 30k that I used in adding up the little I had at hand to go pay up. Let me not forget to mention my elder bro abroad couldn't rescue me at that moment cause he wasn't financially buoyant as at then.

Finally, I successfully did my first year registrations full of stress and financial instability hence, I started first semester with lot of enthusiasm to come out with an outstanding result and a strong GPA but my instincts failed me when continuous assessment results started coming out. Consequently, I wasn't getting scores I wanted and expect. in other words fine! I vowed to never give up on my dream to get a standard GPA thus, avoid any form of carryover thereof. I started reading seriously upfront before exams cause I was so worried not to score average or low in my exams like I did in my tests. Finally exam started and I was so timid and pressured noticeably, people were asking if I wanted to kill myself cause of exams I just laugh and never got discouraged. Finally exam time table was released 2 weeks to exam and I was so disturbed that I couldn't go to school that two weeks cause I was financial down to even transport my self to school became a problem. Remarkably, some lecturers organized tutorial for us though in my mind I was like "who tutorial epp." so I never attended and I focused on reading privately. Finally the first day of exams came and I was so shivering from the night to the next morning the exam would stake place. so I went to school 25mins half past 8am thinking my exams is scheduled to hold by 9am and I was shock to be in the exam venue where i saw my course mates already in exam hall writing, I felt bad and look so doomed. With courage I went to meet the invigilator my departmental lecturer and pleaded with her that I didn't know the exam was to hold 8am, she didn't allowed me to write even as I was shielding tears she had no pity. All what her claim was, was that I came to the exam hall late pass 30mins after the exam started so, she didn't allowed me to write. I ran to my HOD knelt and begged him to go plead with the said invigilator, he ordered his staffs to throw me out and said there was nothing he could do in reason it was a GST course and not departmental. I ran to everyone necessary that day even my GST Use of English Lecturer, he told me he wasn't in the right position to help me out and that was when reality heated on me that I just missed my first paper and unilaterally translates to Failure cause they was no way they will allow make up in a GST course. I cried and cried so helplessly to an extent I became an object of pity to the eyes of many. Only few came and advised me to move on.

After that ugly experience I became the first person to appear in exam halls all through till the exam ended and one month later, results were released and I became so afraid but at the same time eager to check behold it was 2.68 GPA my first result for that matter with a carry over I never wanted fine I took that semesters as a lesson learnt and moved on.

Subsequent semesters, I red hard and vowed not to ever make same mistakes from my first semester, I put effort yet my CGPA never got high rather, it reduced until it drops to 1.88 with 5 carry over. In my 3rd Year. I couldn't believed my eyes cause it was like some kind of spiritual forces were against me and enemies are attacking and trampling on my destiny. Although at that period i was in school, I always dreamt all sorts of bad dreams like talking and laughing hard loud in dream right from year 1 to my year 4 and even after praying hard and fasting it never stopped consequently, the devil plan still worked on me. I still pushed ahead not until it became obvious in my Final year that I won't be graduating in that school when I saw my final year result with a CGPA of 1.67, with carry over of over 6 and owed courses of 5 making a total of "11" waiting course to be done in the next year this got me weak and loosed hope. I wanted to go on but with the fear of humiliation and frustration that CO's students go through in my department due to the wickedness of my HOD and most of the lecturers, I withdrawn myself and moved on with life.

The issue on ground now is that my elder bro came from abroad recently earlier this year and he asked me why haven't I gone for my NYSC I told him I will be going June, even after living Nigeria, he's still chatting and asking me why haven't I gone. honestly speaking I don't know how to address my brother with the truth by telling him I didn't graduate from school. From all indications I heard from a reliable source he wants to take me out of Nigeria to Europe but I don't Have Bsc and he thinks I do. Please house what do I tell my brother now. suggest for me pls cause it's that bad I'm loosing my mind and at some point in time, I contemplate suicide cause it's not easy of wasting a whole 5years of my life without achieving anything.

Hopefully i plan on writing jamb next year, choose UNIAbuja but what's even my faith of gaining the admission cause I don't know anyone from the school to help me out during the admission process or how am I even sure of graduating eventually. This is the most trial time of my life and I'm depressed.

The mods should pls help move this to front page.

CC, Lalasticlala, Dominique, Justwise
You need to be mentored. No spiritual force is against you. You need to recalibrate.
Drop your contact let's start this project.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2019
toprealman:

You need to be mentored. No spiritual force is against you. You need to recalibrate.
Drop your contact let's start this project.
u can reach me
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Ibukunstar(f): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
Don't know what to say but it is well. No regrets should be allowed. I have had so many bad experiences In life but at the same time I believe tomorrow will be better. It's just a matter of time, hard work, determination, perseverance and focus.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Memberclub(m): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
Circulate:
08162755546 u can reach me in WhatsApp too
why are you writing another jamb? I've seen a lady here That graduated with 1.80
She's studying in Canada now.

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Dralin(m): 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
I have learned one thing in life,U should too;Its never to Stop HOPING.Tell him the truth,Hope for good outcome,prepare for sad one too

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by martinfincher(m): 11:01am On Mar 29, 2023
Stressed about “ Open Book Exam ” Let’s discuss it! Colleges and universities have recently started conducting a type of examination wherein students can use specifically approved notes, documents, books, or resources in a hall. Global Assignment Help provides the best solutions with the help of Academic writing Experts that aware of how crucial excellent marks are to maintaining your position at the top of the class.

https://www.globalassignmenthelp.com/uk/open-book-exam

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigerian Visa For Baby In The US / Arik Suspends London-abuja Flight From The 25th March / Lagos To Owerri Is How Many Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.