Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment (4589 Views)

Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse / What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? / "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
I created this new account cause of this topic and to hide my identify in reason i'm somewhat a popular member of this forum. Before I begin, let me plead your indulgences to understanding with me due to the fact I won't be fluent in my grammar and sentence's due to my present state of emotional and psychological imbalance. it's a long post please pardon! Be patient and read to the end.

I gained admission into a federal university university in 2013. Among the 11 universities created by GEJ. After seeing my successfully admission status in jamb website, I was so happy I will be going to school cause I was already damn tired of staying at home doing a petty business without a reasonable gain whatsoever so I wanted a better identity and future to crown it all up, my first school fees was a challenge to an extent I almost lose the admission due to my inability to pay on time and as a matter of fact it was my Aunty that help me with 30k that I used in adding up the little I had at hand to go pay up. Let me not forget to mention my elder bro abroad couldn't rescue me at that moment cause he wasn't financially buoyant as at then.

Finally, I successfully did my first year registrations full of stress and financial instability hence, I started first semester with lot of enthusiasm to come out with an outstanding result and a strong GPA but my instincts failed me when continuous assessment results started coming out. Consequently, I wasn't getting scores I wanted and expect. in other words fine! I vowed to never give up on my dream to get a standard GPA thus, avoid any form of carryover thereof. I started reading seriously upfront before exams cause I was so worried not to score average or low in my exams like I did in my tests. Finally exam started and I was so timid and pressured noticeably, people were asking if I wanted to kill myself cause of exams I just laugh and never got discouraged. Finally exam time table was released 2 weeks to exam and I was so disturbed that I couldn't go to school that two weeks cause I was financial down to even transport my self to school became a problem. Remarkably, some lecturers organized tutorial for us though in my mind I was like "who tutorial epp." so I never attended and I focused on reading privately. Finally the first day of exams came and I was so shivering from the night to the next morning the exam would stake place. so I went to school 25mins half past 8am thinking my exams is scheduled to hold by 9am and I was shock to be in the exam venue where i saw my course mates already in exam hall writing, I felt bad and look so doomed. With courage I went to meet the invigilator my departmental lecturer and pleaded with her that I didn't know the exam was to hold 8am, she didn't allowed me to write even as I was shielding tears she had no pity. All what her claim was, was that I came to the exam hall late pass 30mins after the exam started so, she didn't allowed me to write. I ran to my HOD knelt and begged him to go plead with the said invigilator, he ordered his staffs to throw me out and said there was nothing he could do in reason it was a GST course and not departmental. I ran to everyone necessary that day even my GST Use of English Lecturer, he told me he wasn't in the right position to help me out and that was when reality heated on me that I just missed my first paper and unilaterally translates to Failure cause they was no way they will allow make up in a GST course. I cried and cried so helplessly to an extent I became an object of pity to the eyes of many. Only few came and advised me to move on.

After that ugly experience I became the first person to appear in exam halls all through till the exam ended and one month later, results were released and I became so afraid but at the same time eager to check behold it was 2.68 GPA my first result for that matter with a carry over I never wanted fine I took that semesters as a lesson learnt and moved on.

Subsequent semesters, I red hard and vowed not to ever make same mistakes from my first semester, I put effort yet my CGPA never got high rather, it reduced until it drops to 1.88 with 5 carry over. In my 3rd Year. I couldn't believed my eyes cause it was like some kind of spiritual forces were against me and enemies are attacking and trampling on my destiny. Although at that period i was in school, I always dreamt all sorts of bad dreams like talking and laughing hard loud in dream right from year 1 to my year 4 and even after praying hard and fasting it never stopped consequently, the devil plan still worked on me. I still pushed ahead not until it became obvious in my Final year that I won't be graduating in that school when I saw my final year result with a CGPA of 1.67, with carry over of over 6 and owed courses of 5 making a total of "11" waiting course to be done in the next year this got me weak and loosed hope. I wanted to go on but with the fear of humiliation and frustration that CO's students go through in my department due to the wickedness of my HOD and most of the lecturers, I withdrawn myself and moved on with life.

The issue on ground now is that my elder bro came from abroad recently earlier this year and he asked me why haven't I gone for my NYSC I told him I will be going June, even after living Nigeria, he's still chatting and asking me why haven't I gone. honestly speaking I don't know how to address my brother with the truth by telling him I didn't graduate from school. From all indications I heard from a reliable source he wants to take me out of Nigeria to Europe but I don't Have Bsc and he thinks I do. Please house what do I tell my brother now. suggest for me pls cause it's that bad I'm loosing my mind and at some point in time, I contemplate suicide cause it's not easy of wasting a whole 5years of my life without achieving anything.

Hopefully i plan on writing jamb next year, choose UNIAbuja but what's even my faith of gaining the admission cause I don't know anyone from the school to help me out during the admission process or how am I even sure of graduating eventually. This is the most trial time of my life and I'm depressed.

The mods should pls help move this to front page.

CC, Lalasticlala, Dominique, Justwise

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by ptaller(m): 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
Na wa o! But bro please tell your brother the truth & hope for the best. You tried but it wasn't meant to be. I hope your brother understands, while at that, you can learn how to perfectly operate any of the heavy duty machines & get certificate upon completion of the training. You can make a career out of that abroad. Don't give up, & suicide is not an option. Yours is better, mine is worse & yet I keep on keeping on. It's well with us all. No kill yourself oo omo iya mi!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Spanishmilf(m): 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tell your brother early so you won't regret it later and you are thinking of starting all over again Damn just tell your brother d truth
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tell your bro. Explain to him. You should still be able to study in Germany.

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by BarristerAlarig: 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
The best thing to do right now is to tell your brother the truth.

That aside, you seem like the type to blame everyone else but you for your misfortune. You obviously wasn't the only one in your department and non of your lecturers singled you out or harrased you. You didn't work hard enough and gave up easily.

Finally, instead of writing jamb, why not enrol at the National Open University of Nigeria?? If your brother's plan is to send you to Germany, this may be for your own benefit.

5 Likes

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by queengift(f): 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2019
I had a teary eyes reading this, it's annoying when see moving round a particular circle without moving forward.
OP don't give up, one of the major attribute of great men is that they see CHALLENGES as a CATALYST for Growth.
What are those things you have passion for start developing yourself in that area.
It's well

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 28, 2019
ptaller:
Na wa o! But bro please tell your brother the truth & hope for the best. You tried but it wasn't meant to be. I hope your brother understands, while at that, you can learn how to perfectly operate any of the heavy duty machines & get certificate upon completion of the training. You can make a career out of that abroad. Don't give up, & suicide is not an option. Yours is better, mine is worse & yet I keep on keeping on. It's well with us all. No kill yourself oo omo iya mi!
Thanks for this advice. Another challenge I'm encountering in letting out the truth is my elder Sister. She so confide in me and knows am brilliant, she will so be disappointed at me or is it to talk of my junior siblings, I just feel I will be look down on in my family bro. Although I learnt sewing and I now know how to sow to some extent but haven't master yet.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 28, 2019
BarristerAlarig:

That aside, you seem like the type to blame everyone else but you for your misfortune. You obviously wasn't the only one in your department and non of your lecturers singled you out or harrased you. You didn't work hard enough and gave up easily.

Finally, instead of writing jamb, why not enrol at the National Open University of Nigeria?? If your brother's plan is to send you to Germany, this may be for your own benefit.
Brother who told you I wasn't singled out by my lecturer, Lecturer in my department looked down on me although not all except the few that knows my academic stands. Some of my course mates gossip down on me. we were not up to 50 in department so there was no way we didn't know and identify each other.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by BarristerAlarig: 8:28am On Jun 28, 2019
Circulate:
Brother who told you I wasn't singled out by my lecturer, Lecturer in my department looked down on me although not all except the few that knows my academic stands. Some of my course mates gossip down on me. we were not up to 50 in department so there was no way we didn't know and identify each other.

You didn't mention this in your write up. Like I said before, you strike me as one of those that are quick to blame others for their misfortune.

3 Likes

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 28, 2019
Tell you brother the truth as it left for him to decide if he would help you or not. Am optimistic that he might help you
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by elijah101(m): 9:40am On Jun 28, 2019
bros stop glorifying lecturers that will tell you to write what is in the textbook exactly the way it is ..... if you write in your own words .... sorry is your name .... be making intelligent people look dumb ...
BarristerAlarig:

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2019
elijah101:
bros stop glorifying lecturers that will tell you to write what is in the textbook exactly the way it is ..... if you write in your own words .... sorry is your name .... be making intelligent people look dumb ...
help me tell am bro. He's talking like someone who hadn't been in tertiary institution b4.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Lalasticlala pls help me move this
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
Circulate:
Lalasticlala pls help me move this
Why do you want it on the front page. The advice never do?

Simply come clean to your brother, what else. You want to sit for jamb, so what would you tell you brother again until you graduate from uniabuja if you eventually get in.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by willy2000(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
Circulate:
help me tell am bro. He's talking like someone who hadn't been in tertiary institution b4.

Sorry to ask, which University did you drop out from?
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Hadampson(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hmm... Speechless lipsrsealed
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by davide470(m): 12:12am On Jun 29, 2019
Circulate:
I still pushed ahead not until it became obvious in my Final year that I won't be graduating in that school when I saw my final year result with a CGPA of 1.67, with carry over of over 6 and owed courses of 5 making a total of "11" waiting course to be done in the next year this got me weak and loosed hope. I wanted to go on but with the fear of humiliation and frustration that CO's students go through in my department due to the wickedness of my HOD and most of the lecturers, I withdrawn myself and moved on with life.

I am really trying to understand this part! Because you had 6 carryover and 5 owed courses, with the fear of humiliation, you decided to throw away all the years and money that you spent and has been spent on you?? You now want to register for JAMB?? Haba!

When did writing carryovers become a sin or criminal offence? Why not go back to your department and register for those courses and see how you can pass them all in a year! I know people who wrote theirs for like 2 year before they passed and they are comfortable at the moment.

You are not the first to write carryovers and will not be the last. I wrote 2 carryover back then in engineering school and i didn't care about the humiliation or whatever you want to call it because na me know wetin dey drive me.

Telling your brother you have an extra year and you will make sure you pass all the courses would be a lot better than saying you want to rewrite JAMB!? It is better you master your sewing and register for an IT programming course than write any JAMB.

Please forget about Suicide! Thinking about it in the first place no make sense. If you can't go to Europe now, you can always go another time. Europe no dey run away and talents are always welcomed!

16 Likes

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by chidekings(m): 1:14am On Jun 29, 2019
davide470:
I am really trying to understand this part! Because you had 6 carryover and 5 owed courses, with the fear of humiliation, you decided to throw away all the years and money that you spent and has been spent on you?? You now want to register for JAMB?? Haba!

When did writing carryovers become a sin or criminal offence? Why not go back to your department and register for those courses and see how you can pass them all in a year! I know people who wrote theirs for like 2 year before they passed and they are comfortable at the moment.

You are not the first to write carryovers and will not be the last. I wrote 2 carryover back then in engineering school and i didn't care about the humiliation or whatever you want to call it because na me know wetin dey drive me.

Telling your brother you have an extra year and you will make sure you pass all the courses would be a lot better than saying you want to rewrite JAMB!? It is better you master your sewing and register for an IT programming course than write any JAMB.

Please forget about Suicide! Thinking about it in the first place no make sense. If you can't go to Europe now, you can always go another time. Europe no dey run away and talents are always welcomed!
OP strikes me as an insincere person,quick to blame others,quick to think that everyone is against him and mostly importantly,thinks he is better than he is.

5 Likes

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 29, 2019
willy2000:

Sorry to ask, which University did you drop out from?
I can't say let's live it anonymous.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Spanishmilf(m): 7:11am On Jun 29, 2019
Circulate:
I can't say let's live it anonymous.
Time is going tell him now
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2019
davide470:

On a normal it's two years that's given for one to completely write all forms of carry over's and now it pass two years I had my first semester tried to do it but it proved more frustrating and difficult when I couldn't pay school fees for the first session cause ASUU and NASUU were on strike to effect the registration procedures and b4 time, I collected the fee from my bro which I later didn't pay cos I ate the money b4 they went on strike and came back from strike. Now the 2nd year registration just ended April and I don't have the courage and confidence to go pay or write the CO's for some reason only known to me. As for writing the jamb, I don't think it's too late owing to the privilege I'm still young just in my mid 20s.However, I know it can be degrading but I still have to go yo school cos it's never too late. Anyways Thanks for your contributive comment.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by charles2468(m): 8:30am On Jun 29, 2019
Circulate:
On a normal it's two years that's given for one to completely write all forms of carry over's and now it pass two years I had my first semester tried to do it but it proved more frustrating and difficult when I couldn't pay school fees for the first session cause ASUU and NASUU were on strike to effect the registration procedures and b4 time, I collected the fee from my bro which I later didn't pay cos I ate the money b4 they went on strike and came back from strike. Now the 2nd year registration just ended April and I don't have the courage and confidence to go pay or write the CO's for some reason only known to me. As for writing the jamb, I don't think it's too late owing to the privilege I'm still young just in my mid 20s.However, I know it can be degrading but I still have to go yo school cos it's never too late. Anyways Thanks for your contributive comment.

Bro as much as I don't want to blame you much, but I will tell you, u relent so fast in your purse of your target.
I personally had my first carryover in my 2nd year, the lady coping from my work got the course B While mine was missing script, that's Nigerian university for you.

My advice to you is to pick that first person that commented about telling your brother and move to acquire skills that will help you, especially outside d country if you brother agrees to help you, don't think of taking another jamb cos b4 u will finish n go for service, u don pass 30 n mind you recruiters needs not more than 27yrs to apply, apart from government work, so be strong n face it, u gonna tell it as a story one of this days.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2019
Circulate:

Hopefully i plan on writing jamb next year, choose UNIAbuja but what's even my faith of gaining the admission cause I don't know anyone from the school to help me out during the admission process or how am I even sure of graduating eventually. This is the most trial time of my life and I'm depressed.

Hi dear,

Sorry about what you've gone through academically. I can imagine how difficult it is right now.

You don't come across as someone who doesn't care about getting an education, hence I'll advise you to try again. This is so you don't live a life of regret later, over not getting what you wanted.

As per your doubts, as with most things in life, there are uncertainties, there are risks. Even getting down from the bed each morning comes with associated risks. But that doesn't deter us. We get up each morning and keep it moving.

As such, forget about your what ifs, and try. A lot of people have gotten admission without anyone's help.
What's more, let go of what happened the last time you tried. Learn what you have to from it, and throw the chaff away.

I was listening to a story about Harry Potter's J.K. Rowlings the other day. She hit rock bottom too, but chose to rise from divorce, miscarriage, depression and being almost penniless, to writing her first Harry Potter book at 31. Same book was rejected by dozens of publishers. But by 35, she was a best selling author.

Come to terms with what has happened, grieve it please. While the tears are flowing, nothing even stops you from keeping one eye open and strategizing.

I remember once when I desperately needed to change jobs - where I was at that time had began to impact me negatively - I went for an interview and after spending hours answering the case study, I was offered the job. But I discovered the pay really low and was much less than what was obtainable where I was coming from. Worse part, I even forgot my jacket I had removed to write the test in the office. grin I got home that day, and as I was shedding hot tears, I picked up my phone and continued sending applications. It may not be much, but I got a manageable job from that tears-inspired application, and sometimes I and my sister laugh about it. grin

What I'm just trying to say is that life usually comes with detours, but it's just for us to find our way through, nevertheless. And you will dear.

One more thing, I think you should open up to your brother. That will lesson the burden you're feeling right now and bring more clarity to the whole thing.

All the best.

7 Likes

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 29, 2019
Jacinthe:

Hi dear,

Sorry about what you've gone through academically. I can imagine how difficult it is right now.

You don't come across as someone who doesn't care about getting an education, hence I'll advise you to try again. This is so you don't live a life of regret later, over not getting what you wanted.

As per your doubts, as with most things in life, there are uncertainties, there are risks. Even getting down from the bed each morning comes with associated risks. But that doesn't deter us. We get up each morning and keep it moving.

As such, forget about your what ifs, and try. A lot of people have gotten admission without anyone's help.
What's more, let go of what happened the last time you tried. Learn what you have to from it, and throw the chaff away.

I was listening to a story about Harry Potter's J.K. Rowlings the other day. She hit rock bottom too, but chose to rise from divorce, miscarriage, depression and being almost penniless, to writing her first Harry Potter book at 31. Same book was rejected by dozens of publishers. But by 35, she was a best selling author.

Come to terms with what has happened, grieve it please. While the tears are flowing, nothing even stops you from keeping one eye open and strategizing.

I remember once when I desperately needed to change jobs - where I was at that time had began to impact me negatively - I went for an interview and after spending hours answering the case study, I was offered the job. But I discovered the pay really low and was much less than what was obtainable where I was coming from. Worse part, I even forgot my jacket I had removed to write the test in the office. grin I got home that day, and as I was shedding hot tears, I picked up my phone and continued sending applications. It may not be much, but I got a manageable job from that tears-inspired application, and sometimes I and my sister laugh about it. grin

What I'm just trying to say is that life usually comes with detours, but it's just for us to find our way through, nevertheless. And you will dear.

One more thing, I think you should open up to your brother. That will lesson the burden you're feeling right now and bring more clarity to the whole thing.

All the best.
You put a smile of relief on my face with this u've restore hope and courage in me. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2019
Circulate:
You put a smile of relief on my face with this u've restore hope and courage in me. Thanks!

Glad it did dear. Sure.

Take care.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Mizwisdom(f): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
Circulate:

smh
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mizwisdom:

smh
No b only ur Head u go shake. shake ur Boot.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
mynd444 pls help move this to front page

I really want more views on this.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by magd: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
You owe your family the truth, tell them and move on.
Circulate:
mynd444 pls help move this to front page

I really want more views on this.
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by adrenaline02: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
Circulate:
I created this new account cause of this topic and to hide my identify in reason i'm somewhat a popular member of this forum. Before I begin, let me plead your indulgences to understanding with me due to the fact I won't be fluent in my grammar and sentence's due to my present state of emotional and psychological imbalance. it's a long post please pardon! Be patient and read to the end.

I gained admission into a federal university university in 2013. Among the 11 universities created by GEJ. After seeing my successfully admission status in jamb website, I was so happy I will be going to school cause I was already damn tired of staying at home doing a petty business without a reasonable gain whatsoever so I wanted a better identity and future to crown it all up, my first school fees was a challenge to an extent I almost lose the admission due to my inability to pay on time and as a matter of fact it was my Aunty that help me with 30k that I used in adding up the little I had at hand to go pay up. Let me not forget to mention my elder bro abroad couldn't rescue me at that moment cause he wasn't financially buoyant as at then.

Finally, I successfully did my first year registrations full of stress and financial instability hence, I started first semester with lot of enthusiasm to come out with an outstanding result and a strong GPA but my instincts failed me when continuous assessment results started coming out. Consequently, I wasn't getting scores I wanted and expect. in other words fine! I vowed to never give up on my dream to get a standard GPA thus, avoid any form of carryover thereof. I started reading seriously upfront before exams cause I was so worried not to score average or low in my exams like I did in my tests. Finally exam started and I was so timid and pressured noticeably, people were asking if I wanted to kill myself cause of exams I just laugh and never got discouraged. Finally exam time table was released 2 weeks to exam and I was so disturbed that I couldn't go to school that two weeks cause I was financial down to even transport my self to school became a problem. Remarkably, some lecturers organized tutorial for us though in my mind I was like "who tutorial epp." so I never attended and I focused on reading privately. Finally the first day of exams came and I was so shivering from the night to the next morning the exam would stake place. so I went to school 25mins half past 8am thinking my exams is scheduled to hold by 9am and I was shock to be in the exam venue where i saw my course mates already in exam hall writing, I felt bad and look so doomed. With courage I went to meet the invigilator my departmental lecturer and pleaded with her that I didn't know the exam was to hold 8am, she didn't allowed me to write even as I was shielding tears she had no pity. All what her claim was, was that I came to the exam hall late pass 30mins after the exam started so, she didn't allowed me to write. I ran to my HOD knelt and begged him to go plead with the said invigilator, he ordered his staffs to throw me out and said there was nothing he could do in reason it was a GST course and not departmental. I ran to everyone necessary that day even my GST Use of English Lecturer, he told me he wasn't in the right position to help me out and that was when reality heated on me that I just missed my first paper and unilaterally translates to Failure cause they was no way they will allow make up in a GST course. I cried and cried so helplessly to an extent I became an object of pity to the eyes of many. Only few came and advised me to move on.

After that ugly experience I became the first person to appear in exam halls all through till the exam ended and one month later, results were released and I became so afraid but at the same time eager to check behold it was 2.68 GPA my first result for that matter with a carry over I never wanted fine I took that semesters as a lesson learnt and moved on.

Subsequent semesters, I red hard and vowed not to ever make same mistakes from my first semester, I put effort yet my CGPA never got high rather, it reduced until it drops to 1.88 with 5 carry over. In my 3rd Year. I couldn't believed my eyes cause it was like some kind of spiritual forces were against me and enemies are attacking and trampling on my destiny. Although at that period i was in school, I always dreamt all sorts of bad dreams like talking and laughing hard loud in dream right from year 1 to my year 4 and even after praying hard and fasting it never stopped consequently, the devil plan still worked on me. I still pushed ahead not until it became obvious in my Final year that I won't be graduating in that school when I saw my final year result with a CGPA of 1.67, with carry over of over 6 and owed courses of 5 making a total of "11" waiting course to be done in the next year this got me weak and loosed hope. I wanted to go on but with the fear of humiliation and frustration that CO's students go through in my department due to the wickedness of my HOD and most of the lecturers, I withdrawn myself and moved on with life.

The issue on ground now is that my elder bro came from abroad recently earlier this year and he asked me why haven't I gone for my NYSC I told him I will be going June, even after living Nigeria, he's still chatting and asking me why haven't I gone. honestly speaking I don't know how to address my brother with the truth by telling him I didn't graduate from school. From all indications I heard from a reliable source he wants to take me out of Nigeria to Europe but I don't Have Bsc and he thinks I do. Please house what do I tell my brother now. suggest for me pls cause it's that bad I'm loosing my mind and at some point in time, I contemplate suicide cause it's not easy of wasting a whole 5years of my life without achieving anything.

Hopefully i plan on writing jamb next year, choose UNIAbuja but what's even my faith of gaining the admission cause I don't know anyone from the school to help me out during the admission process or how am I even sure of graduating eventually. This is the most trial time of my life and I'm depre
ssed.

tell your brother the truth and move on. Buy that jamb form and go back to school. read well (read and jot things down) for better understanding and also read at night.
Even if it means buying primary school books to understand basic concepts, do it.
When you get admission, be intentional in all your doings, have less friends, have friends with same vision of excelling in their studies. Get relevant materials. if your are not in school, you either be in library or at home. Don't be frivolous with your time. Anything you don't understand ask questions, don't be an island.... learn to do all night reading. pray and attend church regularly... if you do all this meticulously, distractions will definitely come but you will overcome but if you follow these steps... you will surely be victorious at the end. You will definitely succeed

1 Like

Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by feodan: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
am also going through something similar, but i hope God will see us through this. Which state are u ?
Re: My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2019
Did you do a course you actually love? I know Nigerians lecturers can be sadists at times, but las las if you bend down go study, you will graduate with 2.2. Tell your brother the truth, another factor is your age. If your above 22, in some countries they won't accept you for undergrad, but everything is up to your brother, there are other paths you can use to go abroad.
The question is, is your brother willing to stick his neck up for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Publicly Funded Colleges In Uk / Passport Validity / Mount Patti - Home To Lord Lugard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.