Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. (1100 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
Mary is not a co-Redeemer with Jesus.

Catholic doctrines teaches that Mary is Co- Redeemer with Jesus. meaning that she worked together with Christ to redeem Man. before we debate if Mary is Co-Redeemer or not we will look at the reason why Jesus had to die and the qualities that qualify Jesus as our Redeemer and if mary fits into the title.

God's law demands death as the penalty for any one who breaks or transgresses God's law.Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

when Adam and Eve sinned against God. the penalty of sin which is death was passed over the entire human race(including Mary). Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.)

The only way to satisfy the just requirements of the law was for Humanity to face the death penalty or for someone without sin to die in place of man. even God could not set the law and it's penalty aside inorder to save man.Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

So God offered his Son who had no sin to take the place of man to die as a ransom for man's sin.

Facts to note about the Redeemer.
1. Only a person without sin could be accepted as a scarifical lamb or ransom for sin.1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
This point disqualifies Mary because she had Sin and looked up to Jesus as her saviour.
Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

2* Jesus died and resurrected from the grave 3days after his death demonstrating his power over death Mary died and is still in the grave Like the other saints waiting for the day of Resurrection. this point disqualifies Mary.
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.

3*. Jesus was exalted and given the role of a mediator between God and man. Mary was not given any title or role by God therefore this point also disqualifies her.(1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.)
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Hebrews8:6,Heb9:15,Heb12:24

4*. Mary did not shed her blood as required by the law of God for sin.
This point disqualifies Mary because only Jesus Christ shed his blood for Humanity.

5*. Christ will return to judge the world Mary will not judge the world rather she will be judged on the judgement day.Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

6*. Only one Man was mentioned as the Redeemer and that's Jesus.
Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by ONE,Jesus Christ.
Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

7*Even Mary Worshipped Jesus Matthew28:5-10.
Showing that she was human and a sinner that needs a saviour.

8* When God was looking for who he will send to redeem man from death Mary did not turn up only Jesus did. Rev5:1-5

With this points it is obvious that Mary is not qualified to be called Co- redemer she played no role in The Salvation of humanity she was only a vessel used by God just like every other great personality in the Bible like David Abraham, Isaac, Noah e.t.c I know Catholics will dispute this and will mention that Mary was submissive to God's plan and that she went through emotional pain during the death of Jesus. why this is true this does not qualify her to be called co- Redeemer the same way Abraham's faith and trust in God or Jacob's faith and job's steadfastness does not qualify them or anyone to be called Co-Redeemer.
Mary died and was buried she did not die for the world she did not suffer more than the other apostles.
if there were people we could consider as Co- redeemers why not Stephen the first matyr or John the Baptist or paul and many others who died for the gospel , yet these people are not qualified they died only for their faith and personal salvation their righteousness will not be credited to another person or the entire humanity, only the righteousness of Jesus is credited to us.

In Conclusion.
As I have clearly stated Mary and no one else is qualified to be called Co- Redeemer Christ alone bore the penalty of Sin and gave his life for me,you and the entire world Christ alone is our sole Redeemer. Catholics calling mary Co-Redeemer is totally blasphemous and unscriptural they should please desist from this. Paul and the early Apostles never mentioned Mary as Co-Redeemer he and other apostles preached only about Jesus nothing more or less. thank you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by donkripton(m): 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2019
For your mind you don do research baa

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 6:15am On Jun 30, 2019
donkripton:
For your mind you don do research baa

Yes.....ooooo.
Is there anything I wrote that is not the truth?
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by Dafemich(m): 7:19am On Jun 30, 2019
blueAgent:

Yes.....ooooo.
Thanks brother. Jesus is the only way and there is no other way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by Igbaba2: 7:25am On Jun 30, 2019
blueAgent:

Catholic doctrines teaches that Mary is Co- Redeemer with Jesus. meaning that she worked together with Christ to redeem Man. before we debate if Mary is Co-Redeemer or not we will look at the reason why Jesus had to die and the qualities that qualify Jesus as our Redeemer and if mary fits into the title.

God's law demands death as the penalty for any one who breaks or transgresses God's law.Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

when Adam and Eve sinned against God. the penalty of sin which is death was passed over the entire human race(including Mary). Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.)

The only way to satisfy the just requirements of the law was for Humanity to face the death penalty or for someone without sin to die in place of man. even God could not set the law and it's penalty outside inorder to save man.Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

So God offered his Son who had no sin to take the place of man to die as a ransom for man's sin.

1. Only a person without sin could be accepted as a scarifical lamb or ransom for sin.1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
This point disqualifies Mary because she had Sin and looked up to Jesus as her saviour.
Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

2* Jesus died and resurrected from the grave 3days after his death demonstrating his power over death Mary died and is still in the grave Like the other saints waiting for the day of Resurrection. this point disqualifies Mary.
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.

3*. Jesus was exalted and given the role of a mediator between God and man. Mary was not given any title or role by God therefore this point also disqualifies her.(1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.)
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This point disqualifies Mary because only Jesus Christ shed his blood for Humanity.

5*. Christ will return to judge the world Mary will not judge the world rather she will be judged on the judgement day.Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by ONE,Jesus Christ.
Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

8* When God was looking for who he will send to redeem man from death Mary did not turn up only Jesus did. Rev5:1-5

With this points it is obvious that Mary is not qualified to be called Co- redemer she played no role in The Salvation of humanity she was only a vessel used by God just like every other great personality in the Bible like David Abraham, Isaac, Noah e.t.c I know Catholics will dispute this and will mention that Mary was submissive to God's plan and that she went through emotional pain during the death of Jesus. why this is true this does not qualify her to be called co- Redeemer the same way Abraham's faith and trust in God or Jacob's faith and job's steadfastness does not qualify them or anyone to be called Co-Redeemer.
Mary died and was buried she did not die for the world she did not suffer more than the other apostles.
if there were people we could consider as Co- redeemers why not Stephen the first matyr or John the Baptist or paul and many others who died for the gospel , yet these people are not qualified they died only for their faith and personal salvation their righteousness will not be credited to another person or the entire humanity, only the righteousness of Jesus is credited to us.

In Conclusion.
As I have clearly stated Mary and no one else is qualified to be called Co- Redeemer Christ alone bore the penalty of Sin and gave his life for me,you and the entire world Christ alone is our sole Redeemer. Catholics calling mary Co-Redeemer is totally blasphemous and unscriptural they should please desist from this. Paul and the early Apostles never mentioned Mary as Co-Redeemer he and other apostles preached only about Jesus nothing more or less. thank you.
How are u sure that Mary is having the guilt of original sin (sin of our first parent)? if God is powerful to extent that He Overshadowed Mary to conceive Jesus don't u think that it is possible for Him to do it that the mother of Our Saviour will be born without sin? though Catholic believe that mary is immaculate conception which I believe too. How can sinful person from birth give birth to Son of most High God who is sinless? though , God is powerful He can do anything He wills. But evil cannot beget good. good will always beget good. Mary is pure and beget pure Son of God.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by orisa37: 10:06am On Jun 30, 2019
She is always a "Direct Handling Cost" of Redemption.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by donkripton(m): 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
blueAgent:

Yes.....ooooo.

brother I checked the bible verses, they are not true.

For you to know you have to first and foremost go back to history of the bible understand beyond the stories then come back to new testament. Then you will see the connections
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Mary is not any co redeemer with Jesus.
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
donkripton:

For you to know you have to first and foremost go back to history of the bible understand beyond the stories then come back to new testament. Then you will see the connections

Really.
Just point out the Bible verses and how they are wrong.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
Igbaba2:

How are u sure that Mary is having the guilt of original sin (sin of our first parent)? if God is powerful to extent that He Overshadowed Mary to conceive Jesus don't u think that it is possible for Him to do it that the mother of Our Saviour will be born without sin? though Catholic believe that mary is immaculate conception which I believe too. How can sinful person from birth give birth to Son of most High God who is sinless? though , God is powerful He can do anything He wills. But evil cannot beget good. good will always beget good. Mary is pure and beget pure Son of God.

You are just speculating rather than trust the word of God you are using your own logic to interpret God's own word

Mary herself confirmed that she was a sinner her acknowledgment is more valuable than any propangander you are promoting.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
Dafemich:
Thanks brother. Jesus is the only way and there is no other way

True bro. There is no other alternative but only Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 5:17am On Jul 21, 2019
donkripton:

Am still waiting for your reply.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 21, 2019
Luke 11:27‭-‬28 KJV

27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Jesus the Redeemer has spoken.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by Graduateacher(f): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2019
blueAgent:

Yes.....ooooo.

Who gave birth to Jesus? did Christ appear on earth out of the blues? If she was a partaker in bring Him to the world then she's included in the story of redemption automacally.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by MuttleyLaff: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2019
blueAgent:
Yes.....ooooo.
Everything you wrote issa truth, truth truth, truth, issa truth.

Graduateacher:
Who gave birth to Jesus? Did Christ appear on earth out of the blues? If she was a partaker in bring Him to the world then she's included in the story of redemption automacally.
If say by some strange twist of fate, Mary was here, she'll be the first to admit and say you guys dont understand that she sure she was a participant or partaker iin bringing or permitting Jesus through her into the world and so included in the story of redemption automatically but she isnt a co-Redeemer.

Mary didn't redeem anyone or anybody, only Jesus Christ did. Mary didnt get anything back for anyone or anybody. Mary personally didnt have anything to with reconciling anyone or anybody back with God, the only person who did all those things like that is Jesus Christ.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by Graduateacher(f): 9:47am On Jul 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Everything you wrote issa truth, truth truth, truth, issa truth.

If say by some strange twist of fate, Mary was here, she'll be the first to admit and say you guys dont understand that she sure she was a participant or partaker iin bringing or permitting Jesus through her into the world and so included in the story of redemption automatically but she isnt a co-Redeemer.

Mary didn't redeem anyone or anybody, only Jesus Christ did. Mary didnt get anything back for anyone or anybody. Mary personally didnt have anything to with reconciling anyone or anybody back with God , the only person who did all those things like that is Jesus Christ.

I disagree.

What if she had refused to receive Him into her womb?

We see so many destinies cut short through abortion, we see women/girls refusing to bring forth a life into the world. Do you think she couldn't have aborted or even commited suicide before He was born?

What I'm saying is that, the fact that she knew who she was carrying, accepted, carried and gave birth to Him, shows that she is a partaker in the story of redemption.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by MuttleyLaff: 10:36am On Jul 21, 2019
Graduateacher:
I disagree.
I expected you to disagree

Graduateacher:
She'll be passed over, to the next person in queue to be asked

Graduateacher:
We see so many destinies cut short through abortion, we see women/girls refusing to bring forth a life into the world. Do you think she couldn't have aborted or even commited suicide before He was born?
"No one can take My life from Me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded."
- John 10:18

Are you having a laugh or merely messing about just for the fun of it, hmm?. Good try though.

Graduateacher:
What I'm saying is that, the fact that she knew who she was carrying, accepted, carried and gave birth to Him, shows that she is a partaker in the story of redemption.
"26In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee,
27to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of King David.
28Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!”
29Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean.
30“Don’t be afraid, Mary,” the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God!
31You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus.
32He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David.
33And he will reign over Israelf forever; his Kingdom will never end!”
34Mary asked the angel, “But how can this happen? I am a virgin.”
35The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God.
36What’s more, your relative Elizabeth has become pregnant in her old age! People used to say she was barren, but she has conceived a son and is now in her sixth month.
37For the word of God will never fail”
38Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her."
- Luke 1:26-38

I am sorry to say, you've got some truth decay thing going on from not properly brushing up on your bible. Mary was not carrying nada. It wasnt until after persuasion reassurance and her show of acceptance and readiness, as in, willingness to do, that Holy Spirit was despatched to fall on her to conceive.

Mary wasnt carrying anything when Angel Gabriel appeared to her at Luke 1:28. Angel Gabriel was sent by God to Mary to get her consent in being the passage through which God will come to earth. That is God for you, in this respect, a perfect gentleman to the core. So Angel Gabriel turns up and tells Mary, that guess what Mary, you're one privilege woman, you're going to conceive, carry and give birth to God. If Mary, at Luke 1:38 had said anything opposite to all that was said in that verse, she would have been passed over for a next person and she would have missed an once rare and golden opportunity

Mary, no doubt, she is a participant and/or partaker in the story of redemption, but she in no means is a co-Redeemer. The only person that redeemed us with His blood and death on the cross of Calvary, from the curse, from sin and from death is God, is Jesus Christ

What suffering did Mary do for you hmm? What life did Mary put down in place of yours, hmm? What did Mary give up, in order for you to have life and not death, to have health and not sickness, hmm?
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by ChristianEast: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2019
Stop telling fake lies.

Co-redemptrix is never an official dogma of the catholic church.

I used to be a catholic critic, but to what end? I don't have time for that bullshitt again and today, I don't have problem with catholic dogmas.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by Graduateacher(f): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I expected you to disagree

She'll be passed over, to the next person in queue to be asked

"No one can take My life from Me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded."
- John 10:18

Are you having a laugh or merely messing about just for the fun of it, hmm?. Good try though.

"26In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee,
27to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of King David.
28Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!”
29Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean.
30“Don’t be afraid, Mary,” the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God!
31You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus.
32He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David.
33And he will reign over Israelf forever; his Kingdom will never end!”
34Mary asked the angel, “But how can this happen? I am a virgin.”
35The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God.
36What’s more, your relative Elizabeth has become pregnant in her old age! People used to say she was barren, but she has conceived a son and is now in her sixth month.
37For the word of God will never fail”
38Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her."
- Luke 1:26-38

I am sorry to say, you've got some truth decay thing going on from not properly brushing up on your bible. Mary was not carrying nada. It wasnt until after persuasion reassurance and her show of acceptance and readiness, as in, willingness to do, that Holy Spirit was despatched to fall on her to conceive.

Mary wasnt carrying anything when Angel Gabriel appeared to her at Luke 1:28. Angel Gabriel was sent by God to Mary to get her consent in being the passage through which God will come to earth. That is God for you, in this respect, a perfect gentleman to the core. So Angel Gabriel turns up and tells Mary, that guess what Mary, you're one privilege woman, you're going to conceive, carry and give birth to God. If Mary, at Luke 1:38 had said anything opposite to all that was said in that verse, she would have been passed over for a next person and she would have missed an once rare and golden opportunity

Mary, no doubt, she is a participant and/or partaker in the story of redemption, but she in no means is a co-Redeemer. The only person that redeemed us with His blood and death on the cross of Calvary, from the curse, from sin and from death is God, is Jesus Christ

What suffering did Mary do for you hmm? What life did Mary put down in place of yours, hmm? What did Mary give up, in order for you to have life and not death, to have health and not sickness, hmm?

Revelation 12

The Woman and the Dragon

A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth.

The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven.

The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.

The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach.

Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent.
But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
Footnotes:
a. Revelation 12:5 Psalm 2:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
They triumphed over him 11
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”

Pray tell, who do you think this woman is?

Let me clarify my point, Jesus redeemed the world but Mary played a crucial role in which the church can't afford to ignore.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by sulasa07(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2019
blueAgent:

The only way to satisfy the just requirements of the law was for Humanity to face the death penalty or for someone without sin to die in place of man. even God could not set the law and it's penalty outside inorder to save man.Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

In Conclusion.
Christianity and its problems, in the next coming decades,Mary will soon join the 3 in 1 gods making it 4 in 1,yeye doctrine.

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by LastDays777: 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2019
Graduateacher:

Many believe it's the church/believers

I believe it's Isreal.

On her head a garland of twelve stars. The twelve tribes of Israel and we all know the Messiah (male child) who will rule all nations with a rod of iron will be from Isreal.

Who do you think she is ?

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by MuttleyLaff: 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
Graduateacher:
Revelation 12

The Woman and the Dragon

A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth.

The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven.

The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.

The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach.

Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent.
But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.

Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
Footnotes:
a. Revelation 12:5 Psalm 2:

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time
- Revelation 12:10-12

In spite of all your amusing proof-texting strange behaviour, the answer is that the woman is Israel and not Mary. Sorry Graduateacher.

Now which Israel you want to associate the woman with, is your choice, but I'll ask you though, which woman, is Jesus coming back to take as His bride Graduateacher?

LastDays777:
Many believe it's the church/believers

I believe it's Isreal.

On her head a garland of twelve stars. The twelve tribes of Israel and we all know the Messiah (male child) who will rule all nations with a rod of iron will be from Isreal.

Who do you think she is?
LastDays777 you believe its the historical Israel, right? Well I beg to differ because this is about a different or another Israel. I think I've already left a hint which Israel it is

Graduateacher:
Let me clarify my point, Jesus redeemed the world but Mary played a crucial role in which the church can't afford to ignore.
"My name is the LORD! I won't let idols or humans share My glory and praise"
- Isaiah 42:8

"Thus says the LORD, the King and Redeemer of Israel, the LORD of Hosts:
I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God but Me
"
- Isaiah 44:6

"What I do is done for My own sake
--I will not let my name be dishonored
or let anyone else share the glory that should be Mine and Mine alone
"
- Isaiah 48:11

No one is taking anything away from Mary that she played a crucial role in which the church cant afford to ignore. Of course she played a positive function and a crucial role in which the church can't afford to ignore, but she is by no means a co-redeemer of man.

Now, if talking about partakers and people who played crucial roles in which the church cant afford to ignore, I can give you a list of such people, and it will be spanning from the infamous Judas Iscariot, to the high priest Caiaphas, who said, it would be better for Jesus to be murdered than for the whole of Israel as a nation to perish at the hands of Rome, and Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor, who condemned Jesus Christ to die on the cross

Graduateacher, Mary, just any of the guys above, whether a positive or negative crucial role played a part in the redemption story, in which the church can't afford to ignore, but nobaggar can take the credit or share with Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, what God did through Him, for the salvation and/or redemption of the souls of man.

Do you see Mary mentioned anywhere in the Bible as a co-redeemer with our Lord Jesus Christ, hmm? Does Isaiah 42:8, Isaiah 44:6 or Isaiah 48:11 reproduced above, at all, make you have a rethink, hmm Graduateacher?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by CaveAdullam: 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2019
The classic specimen of a human being is doing a nice job in regards to the topic at hand @Muttleylaff.

Lemme keep observing, following side by side.

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by Horlufemi(m): 6:34am On Jul 23, 2019
blueAgent:

In Conclusion.

Bro don't water your time o.

Religion is very sweet, it has gold chains used to tie people down.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
sulasa07:

Christianity and its problems, in the next coming decades,Mary will soon join the 3 in 1 gods making it 4 in 1,yeye doctrine.

Lol.... that's the work of the Catholic Church God is not a Trinity, the trinity doctrine has it's roots in paganism and was brought into Christaintity by the Catholic Church.
there are many more false teachings in Christaintity which need to be exposed such as Sunday be declared as God's Holy day,Eternal Hellfire, life after death, immortal soul and spirits and many others. only God can help us through all this deceptions.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
Horlufemi:

Bro don't water your time o.

Religion is very sweet, it has gold chains used to tie people down.

Religion is not the problem. the problem is people abuse religion and use it as a means to defraud and boss over other people.
Even if you remove religion the smart people in this world will find a way to enslave the foolish ones.
Rather than be a chain, religion especially (Christainity) offers or advocates for liberty and freedom for all men.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2019
ChristianEast:
Stop telling fake lies.

Co-redemptrix is never an official dogma of the catholic church.

I used to be a catholic critic, but to what end? I don't have time for that bullshitt again and today, I don't have problem with catholic dogmas.

Who is lieing?
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
Graduateacher:

I disagree.

You are looking for excuse where there is none.
She had no choice but to accept God's will.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2019
Graduateacher:

Who gave birth to Jesus? did Christ appear on earth out of the blues? If she was a partaker in bring Him to the world then she's included in the story of redemption automacally.

That does not qualify her to be called our Co-Redeemer.
mind you there is nothing impossible for God to do God could have choose any other person Mary was never God's only option.
Re: Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. by blueAgent(m): 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
sulasa07:

Lol.... that's the work of the Catholic Church God is not a Trinity, the trinity doctrine has it's roots in paganism and was brought into Christaintity by the Catholic Church.
there are many more false teachings in Christaintity which need to be exposed such as Sunday been declared as God's Holy day,Eternal Hellfire, life after death, immortal soul and spirits and many others. only God can help us through all this deceptions.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk: Beating Of Witches/wizards And Burning Their Shrines / Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? / What Muslims Will Experience At Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.