Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? (1101 Views)

Does God Really Know The Future? / The Supreme God / Why Do Many Take Jesus As The Supreme God???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 12:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
Who was Yaldabaoth(Demiurge) ??

How important was he in what i'm about to talk about??

Yaldabaoth chief archon was believed to be an evil deity and creator of the material world.He was regarded as the Demiurge and false god who kept the souls trapped in physical bodies,imprisoned in the material universe.

The people who believed in these taught that there was a distinction between the Highest,Unknowable God and the Demi urge "creator" of the material universe.

They taught that the universe began with an Original,Unknowable God referred to as the parent

They considered the hebrew god of the old testament (Yahweh) as the false god,and the Unknown God the father of Jesus christ and creator of the spiritual world as the true,good God.They believed that Yaldabaoth kept people imprisoned in the world full of pain and suffering that he created

Yaldabaoth is the son of Sophia,she is the lowest Aeon
she wanted to have a child,but went about it in the wrong way:she conceived without the involvement of her male partner or the approval of the father.

Her child was the "Demiurge",a misshapen beligerent creature that was utterly unlike other heavenly beings.

Sophia immediately realized her horrible mistake and cast her child out of the PLEROMA

The demiurge,now alone believed that he was the only being who had ever existed and created the material world out of his ignorance,foolishness and malevolence,trapping sparks of divinity within Adam and Eve along the way

How was Yaldabaoth CREATED??

Yaldabaoth was the son of Sophia,she was the lowest Aeon
she wanted to have a child,but went about it in the wrong way,so she conceived without the involvement of her male partner or the approval of the father.

Her child was the "Demiurge",a misshapen beligerent creature that was utterly unlike other heavenly beings.

Sophia immediately realized her horrible mistake and cast her child out of the PLEROMA

The demiurge,now alone believed that he was the only being who had ever existed and created the material world out of his ignorance,foolishness and malevolence,trapping sparks of divinity within Adam and Eve along the way

From his mother he received the powers of light,but he used them for evil.He strove to hide the fact that there were any powers above himand proclaimed,"i am father and God,and there his mother sophia told him to tell the truth but he refused
[b]Who was Yaldabaoth(Demiurge) ??

Yaldabaoth chief archon was believed to be an evil deity and creator of the material world.He was regarded as the Demiurge and false god who kept the souls trapped in physical bodies,imprisoned in the material universe.

The people who believed in these taught that there was a distinction between the Highest,Unknowable God and the Demi urge "creator" of the material universe.

They taught that the universe began with an Original,Unknowable God referred to as the parent

They considered the hebrew god of the old testament (Yahweh) as the false god,and the Unknown God the father of Jesus christ and creator of the spiritual world as the true,good God.They believed that Yaldabaoth kept people imprisoned in the world full of pain and suffering that he created

she wanted to have a child,but went about it in the wrong way:she conceived without the involvement of her male partner or the approval of the father.

How was Yaldabaoth CREATED??

Yaldabaoth was the son of Sophia,she was the lowest Aeon
she wanted to have a child,but went about it in the wrong way,so she conceived without the involvement of her male partner or the approval of the father.

From his mother he received the powers of light,but he used them for evil.He strove to hide the fact that there were any powers above himand proclaimed,"i am father and God,and there his mother sophia told him to tell the truth but he refused
[/b]Who was Yaldabaoth(Demiurge) ??

YALDABOATH BELIEVES HE'S ALONE

Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2022
Yaldaboath, master of fallen watchers.
Bwahahahah
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:
Yaldaboath, master of fallen watchers.
Bwahahahah

Lmao
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

Oh

Aka, Samael

Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
But from what i know,according to the gnostics who our religion really started from/with

Yaldabaoth the chief archon was an evil deity and creator of the material world.He was regarded as the Demi urge and false god who keeps the souls trapped in physical bodies,imprisoned in the material universe
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
But from what i know,according to the gnostics who our religion really started from/with

Yaldabaoth the chief archon was an evil deity and creator of the material world.He was regarded as the Demi urge and false god who keeps the souls trapped in physical bodies,imprisoned in the material universe

How was yaldaboath created? Did they mention sophia?
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2022
The gnostics presented a distinction btw the highest,Unknowable God and the Demi urge "Creator" of the Material Universe.

They taught that the universe began with an original Unknowable God referred to as the parent
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

How was yaldaboath created? Did they mention sophia?
Yes
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

Yes

How was yaldaboath created?
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
The gnostics considered the Hebrew God of the Old Testament(Yahweh) as the false god and the Unknown God the father of Jesus Christ and creator of the spiritual world,as the true good God.

Yaldabaoth keeps people imprisoned in the world full of pain and suffering that he created.

And Yes Yaldabaoth was the son of Sophia,who was part of the lowest Aeon
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

How was yaldaboath created?

Sophia wanted to have a child,but went about it in the wrong way.She conceived without the involvement of her male partner or the approval of the father.Her child was the "demi urge",a mis shapen beligerent creature that was utterly unlike the other heavenly beings

She was so dizzy with love for the creative source that anytime she sees a brilliant shimmering light below,she flings herself down into darkness:mistakenly following what she believws to be her father's radiance ,fooled by a mere reflection.There in the abysmal unrealized potential of the world,she is trapped_seperated from the light,the spiritual realization
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

Sophia wanted to have a child,but went about it in the wrong way.She conceived without the involvement of her male partner or the approval of the father.Her child was the "demi urge",a mis shapen beligerent creature that was utterly unlike the other heavenly beings

Yeah exactly.
And who created sophia? Or where did she part from?
You know this sophia story was narrated in another way in the tanakh, when samuel was hearing voices in the temple. It was sophia that was speaking.
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

Yeah exactly.
And who created sophia? Or where did she part from?
You know this sophia story was narrated in another way in the tanakh, when samuel was hearing voices in the temple. It was sophia that was speaking.

Oh okay
Sophia was created by the Supreme Unknown God whose identity was Unknown and who the gnostics believed Jesus was talking about

She was part of the Aeons and was the last of them all
The aeons were created by the Unknown God who no one really knew about
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by sharpwriter(m): 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
is it true that the christian God of the old testament was different from who jesus was really trying to tell us to call on to

While the God Jesus was really talking about was the Supreme God who No one knew of ie he was Original and Unknowable and that jesus was trying to save us from the one in the old testament....and that was why he was killed

And mind you,i'm part of the free masons in the uk and so are my parents??
Was this what you were taught in freemason's teachings? I mean are you confused as against the general knowledge of who Christians thought God was?
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
sharpwriter:

Was this what you were taught in freemason's teachings? I mean are you confused as against the general knowledge of who Christians thought God was?

I was not taught this in any free mason teaching
This was what the gnostics believed

Yes,some people saw it as being crazy and confused
but these were people whose teachings really influenced the christians as of today

1 Like

Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
In every Nonsense,there was always an atom of SENSE

1 Like

Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

Oh okay
Sophia was created by the Supreme Unknown God whose identity was Unknown and who the gnostics believed Jesus was talking about

She was part of the Aeons and was the last of them all
The aeons were created by the Unknown God who no one really knew about

Supreme unknown god inside “gnostic” lol
When was jesus born? When was Gnostic created?
Gnostic literally means knowledge and not afflicted with any religion.
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

Supreme unknown god inside “gnostic” lol When was jesus born? When was Gnostic created? Gnostic literally means knowledge and not afflicted with any religion.
They wrote about him long before he was born Yes it's not affilated with any religion whatsoever
They believed in SPIRITUALITY not FAITH
Unlike the christians who believed in FAITH
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

They wrote about him long before he was born
Yes it's not affilated with any religion whatsoever

They believed in SPIRITUALITY not FAITH

Unlike the christians who believed in FAITH

Who wrote about him? In which book?
Gnostic literally means knowledge
“Gnostic” talking about unknown god, let us see
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

Supreme unknown god inside “gnostic” lol
When was jesus born? When was Gnostic created?
Gnostic literally means knowledge and not afflicted with any religion.

Yes they believed in a Supreme unknown God who created everything but not the universe or the earth

And they never followed a set of rules or believed in faith like the christians
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

Yes they believed in a Supreme unknown God who created everything but not the universe or the earth

And they never followed a set of rules or believed in faith like the christians

Gnostic deals with knowledge not beliefs.
Where are you reading all these?

If he’s unknown how did they know so much about him?
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

Who wrote about him? In which book? Gnostic literally means knowledge “Gnostic” talking about unknown god, let us see
PLUTO did❗❗❗ But he's was different
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

PLUTO did❗❗❗
But he's was different

Pluto means Gnostics?
What are you saying?

Are you talking about pluto beliefs?
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

Gnostic deals with knowledge not beliefs.
Where are you reading all these?

So who were they always calling on then??
Stop arguing with me,and do your findings PROPERLY

Yes they believed in the existence of a supreme being but believed that he was the original unlike the christians that believed in FAITH,HEAVEN and so on
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

Pluto means Gnostics? What are you saying?
Are you talking about pluto beliefs?
i never said pluto means Gnostics....Pleasseeeee
i'm out
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

So who were they always calling on then??
Stop arguing with me,and do your findings PROPERLY

Gnostics calling on who?
Who are these gnostics?

Go and start reading, YOU HAVE NEVER RESEARCH A BIT.
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

i never said pluto means Gnostics....Pleasseeeee

i'm out

So why did you bring pluto in?

Run run with your lies.
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

So why did you bring pluto in?

Run run with your lies.

Stop being so IGNORANT
Why would i want to lie ??

Stop quoting me please
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

Stop being so IGNORANT
And why would i want to lie ??

Stop quoting me please

You are the IGNORANT one, saying dumb and baseless things without evidence.
You want to lie so you can feel good in your ignorance.
All where you are reading your jargons is it from pluto?

Stop quoting me too.
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by sharpwriter(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
SandraIkuboR:

I was not taught this in any free mason teaching
This was what the gnostics believed
I know about the gnostic beliefs, and I wonder why they had to be wiped off. Also, why some of their texts were burnt leaves one wondering. Furthermore, even some Bible books were hidden until some later were revealed as deuterocaninicals and apocryphals. There are others like "the assumption of Moses", "gospel of Thomas" etc.

Now, this Thomas's gospel was found alongside some gnostic texts in Nag hammadi library in 1945 which leaves much to desire and worry about (for those seeking truth, knowledge anyways).

All of these things makes one question : Why?

My personal opinion is that there are so much hidden secrets and knowledge which were deliberately done to keep some sets of people or all humanity in darkness to the benefit of a selected few. And also, the real truth about our world is unavailable or scarce in this realm. Also, most people arrogantly think they know all (especially Christians and Muslims) about their religion, this realm and the unseen realm and after life but they are massively ignorant.

Yes, we know there is a God, but we all don't really know what or who he is. Perhaps till the reality of the great beyond comes! grin grin cheesy
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by Maynmann: 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
sharpwriter:

I know about the gnostic beliefs, and I wonder why they had to be wiped off. Also, why some of their texts were burnt leaves one wondering. Furthermore, even some Bible books were hidden until some later were revealed as deuterocaninicals and apocryphals. There are others like "the assumption of Moses", "gospel of Thomas" etc.

Now, this Thomas's gospel was found alongside some gnostic texts in Nag hammadi library in 1945 which leaves much to desire and worry about (for those seeking truth, knowledge anyways).

All of these things makes one question : Why?

My personal opinion is that there are so much hidden secrets and knowledge which were deliberately done to keep some sets of people or all humanity in darkness to the benefit of a selected few. And also, the real truth about our world is unavailable or scarce in this realm. Also, most people arrogantly think they know all (especially Christians and Muslims) about their religion, this realm and the unseen realm and after life but they are massively ignorant.

Yes, we know there is a God, but we all don't really know what or who he is. Perhaps till the reality of the great beyond comes! grin grin cheesy

If you’ve read the book of thomas, you’d have know who this “god” is.
Re: Do we really know who the Supreme God is?? by SandraIkuboR(f): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
Maynmann:

You are the IGNORANT one, saying dumb and baseless things without evidence.
You want to lie so you can feel good in your ignorance.
All where you are reading your jargons is it from pluto?

Stop quoting me too.

Are you gnostic??....No
Whereas i'm one

So what makes you think i'm reading all these from somewhere,when it's what i practice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Muslims Will Experience At Death / Why Women Wearing Trouser To Preach ? / Rhapsody Of Realities - Is It Hyped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.