Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? (1438 Views)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / Students' Car Park vs Lecturers' Car Park In a Tertiary Institution In Nigeria / Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by mtconcept(m): 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2019
Can we discourse this topic as most people i have met told me they kind of regret going to Higher Institution here in Nigeria ...
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by IamD18: 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2019
They aren't regretting the fact that they attended the university, they are only regretting the fact that they didn't study hard in the university.

If you do well in school, it MUST pay you.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by Mekanus(m): 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
It's not a waste of time. I can never regret going to the university even though my certificate hasn't earned me anything. It's not just about the certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2019
Alaye many poeple did well in school, and got nothing to show for it. It's not like they are stupid or something...

I can never reget going to the university, no matter what sha. I had maaad funnnnnn
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
IamD18:
They aren't regretting the fact that they attended the university, they are only regretting the fact that they didn't study hard in the university.

If you do well in school, it MUST pay you.
Not totally correct. I do see many jobless first class graduate

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by IamD18: 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is not impossible for a sharp dullard to graduate with first class in some universities in Nigeria.

Those jobless first class graduates you are seeing are jobless because they can't defend their result.

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2019
IamD18:

It is not impossible for a sharp dullard to graduate with first class in some universities in Nigeria.

Those jobless first class graduates you are seeing are jobless because they can't defend their result.
Not true. I have a friend who made first class and distinction at master yet he wasn't employed. This is just one examples of persons I have seen

1 Like

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by IamD18: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2019
asuustrike1:

Not true. I have a friend who made first class and distinction at master yet he wasn't employed. This is just one examples of persons I have seen
Refer to the comment you quoted very well.

Therein, you'll see an answer to your friend's predicament.

Have a nice day.
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by iamgenius(m): 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
IamD18:

Refer to the comment you quoted very well.

Therein, you'll see an answer to your friend's predicament.

Have a nice day.
Well you are right. But you're not living in a real world totally. There are many First Class brothers around me, they have no job. Simply because they didn't know reality

1 Like

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by coolcentbigman(m): 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2019
IamD18:

Your comment just surprised me a lot, the truth is that companies or govt. organisations don't value the so called first-class anymore because it's useless and because you are not employed doesn't mean you are a dullard like you wrongly said. If job 100% of job vacancy is available in Nigeria statics shows that 20% of the above number get employment and the rest on recommendations or connection and those qualified for such jobs remain unemployed.

A friend of my got a job recently through recommendation by a Rev. father after finishing her Nysc program though he is brilliant and well behavior and that's the priest helped him. you will be ashamed/shocked to see some of these working in some of these offices don't even have cert and some can't even read or write well.

The truth is that many undergraduates or graduates don't even want to be job seekers anymore that's why many of them create room for creativity after graduating the likes of brodashaggi and many other celebrities and entrepreneurs.

Here's proof(img)...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
Don't go oh please! Go do a two year diploma in a technical training institute or learn a craft or trade at any training center for 3-6 months. The skills you'll get you can even use it to work for yourself without looking for employment after.

Four years in a university is no longer worth the stress and financial investment.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by ksbusari(m): 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
Going to higher institution is nt a waste. The wrong poeple keep getting the jobs via connections. Visit the government ministries, you will find a lot of government workers who are not worthy of the jobs. some cannot even write.
I'm a case study. I'm a B.Sc & a M.Ed holder in Education field. I'm presently working as a GL 02 step 1 (Gardner) in the ministry. Yes Gardner was written in my appointment letter but I work as an administrative assistant in a department.
I'm waiting for confirmation in December 2019 when I will have worked for two years.

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by Usulorinform(m): 1:19am On Jun 30, 2019
Going to higher institution in Nigeria is not a wast of time, I strongly agree with that because "It is what you have in your head that take you ahead" if you graduate from high institution you can face any challenges that come across you, you will be able to fit in in the society.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by mtconcept(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2019
What's your opinion...
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by Roysnickz: 8:40am On Sep 17, 2019
asuustrike1:

Still amount to not doing well. You are trained in a particular area and you truly earned a first class from it. You should know how to use your knowledge gained in school which earned you a first class to add value to life. This will surely pay you
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 17, 2019
Roysnickz:
Still amount to not doing well. You are trained in a particular area and you truly earned a first class from it. You should know how to use your knowledge gained in school which earned you a first class to add value to life. This will surely pay you
Probably you are living overseas. There are many jobless first class out there. Many are well groomed but nepotism and tribalism has hindered many from getting jobs. I will stop here because you haven't face the real life situation
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by mtconcept(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2019
Read how Kamci was able to pay her school fees and also was able to live financial free life in campus

Check the above link
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by mtconcept(m): 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
If this book was helpful to me while i was in school, I believe it will be of great help to you also..

Being able to financially survive in campus is on major reason for high rate of dropped out in Higher Institutions..

This is why my mentor the writer of the book

"How to Financially Survive in Campus "

Has agreed to share with only 20 students the 7 proven strategies that has helped many students lived a financial free life in campus.

The best people to learn from are people who have passed through and are successful in what you want to do..Not from people who read from other people without passing through..

Only interested persons should send an email to

cares2fid@outlook.com

Subject : HTFSIC

Only the first 20 emails will be attended to..
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by mtconcept(m): 3:30am On Oct 05, 2019
Success is influenciinfluencing others with the investment of your personality...

Who iswith m me in this matter ??

Visit the blog to learn more
Re: Is Going To Higher Institution In Nigeria A Waste Of Time??? by mtconcept(m): 5:36am On Oct 30, 2019
What's your own opinion ?

(1) (Reply)

JAYPECSTAR ACADEMY Lugbe-one Of The Best Primary Schools In Abuja / Please Help Me How To Solve The Pimples On My Face..check Picture / Biology Alternative To Practical Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.