Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,525 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) (25623 Views)

List Of Unsafe Locations In Lagos State! / Warri Wonder: Waste Disposal Vehicle Spotted In Warri Today / Worst Bridge In The World At Igwe Ito, Obi LGA In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by nervorum: 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:
no bro, warri city is actually five local governments. With the 3 you called plus uvwie, udu and a portion of okpe( osubi side). While they are generally called warri on a broader level, they are very much autonomous

I find this post interesting cos it brings fond memories of childhood.

Warri is a specific town, precisely between Enerhen Junction (old Savannah bank in the 90's) thru to NPA and loosely, everything in between. It is the headquarters of Warri South LGA

Warri South-West was carved out of Warri South LGA (i think after the crisis) and has its hdqtrs as Ogbe-ijoh.

Warri North has its hdqtrs as Koko; that LGA is as old as the former Warri South.

Now both Koko and Ogbeijoh whilst having 'warri' in their names are not Warri. They are different entities with the status of towns same as Effurun, Aladja etc

Uvwie LGA extends from Enerhen jnc to Osubi and loosely everything in between. It used to be part of Udu LGA; the latter now reduced to cover from Enerhen Motel to Otor-udu (or Aladja? not sure again) .

In the recent decade population growth has seen Effurun town (uvwie) and the contiguous parts of Udu LGA expand to form a metropolis with the 'original' warri town, prompting us to refer to the whole metro area and adjoining towns as Warri.

But the point remains that the town of Warri, politically speaking has clearly defined landmarks and bounds, with its unique history and ethnic mix. Its ok for Effurun to be called Warri, for same reason as above, but originally, these are different towns.

Arguably, most of the vices attributed to 'Warri' are mostly indigenous to the Effurun part of Warri. Warri itself is a relatively more sane place compared to the latter.

The last paragraph is not authoritative. Its only my subjective opinion having grown up there

1 Like

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by nervorum: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2019
majamajic:

I choose Enugu, just gave a shout out to Owerri for night life and lovely young ladies they have,

I prefer Enugu to most cities in Nigeria. Peaceful, safe and quiet with good roads. Excellent primary and secondary schools for the kids. Houses are relatively expensive for a civil service state, but the city checks all the boxes. Especially Independence Layout, GRA/Ekulu area if you are upper class. Given Abuja, Lagos, Owerri, Asaba, Calabar and Enugu, i would take Enugu.
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by nervorum: 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
goldenceo1:

This places are not as bad as the OP is trying to paint it.

I will come down to Warri language,

You arranged were them done take obtain you and your few friends come they label them flashpoint.

Oga Op, Wetin concern Omenta/Bazunu Junction with Stadium Road for the same area, you leave garage, cementry road worse still opposite burial ground and rubber plantation junction they classify stadium road among bazunu and Omenta as flashpoint.

Imagine someone saying the reasons business's don't open early in Warri is because of fear of been robbed, that's a wrong impression Warri is not a hustling ground like Onisha and Lagos.

Warri is more peaceful and safer than Yenagoa and Port Harcourt.

The main warri? Yes.

But Not the Effurun-warri. Those boys have sold their souls to the Devil.
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by nervorum: 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
Mystiquefia:

Let me ask u this qtn? Why is the refinery in Ekpan referred to as warri refinery. If we were to be talking about industrialization, would the idiotic OP come out clean by caring to distinguish between uvwie LGA and Warri south LGA? He is being mischievous. Even uvwie is more rugged than his warri south LGA by far

No need to call names guys. We all learning.

Way back in the late 70's when the factory was sited, Warri had a city status Effurun/Ekpan never had. Hence the name (for referencing). That the factory is located in Ekpan and called Warri, does not make Ekpan Warri (originally, though they have now coalesced) . A little research on the geography and political history of Warri would be helpful. I know folks who are natives of Uvwie whose language are dialetically different from natives of Warri.

Inhabitants are 'fighting'. The natives know better.

Historically, the name 'Warri' and its ownership had always been in contention, hence the balkanisation of the original Warri South.
Nowadays that contention seem to be cos of the 'brand'.
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by majamajic(m): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
nervorum:

I prefer Enugu to most cities in Nigeria. Peaceful, safe and quiet with good roads. Excellent primary and secondary schools for the kids. Houses are relatively expensive for a civil service state, but the city checks all the boxes. Especially Independence Layout, GRA/Ekulu area if you are upper class. Given Abuja, Lagos, Owerri, Asaba, Calabar and Enugu, i would take Enugu.

u need see golf estate Enugu
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by nervorum: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
majamajic:

u need see golf estate Enugu

You are right there
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by Naosusucare(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
I have an article on this subject but it has a different title. here is a link to the post: https://naosusu.com/my-warri-neighborhoods-unique-area-experience/
TechCapon:
I greet you sir. Thanks for the info
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 02, 2020
nairalee:
The irony of this post is I've visited all these areas but left unscathed.

However

I lost my phone in Effurun
Cultists clash caught me in Alegbo
Lost my wallet in Japa junction

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 02, 2020
joelison:
My phone was collected at estate roundabout
Almost every one has a story to tell about getting robbed or manhandled at one point.
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Locations In Warri (Warri South LGA) by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 02, 2020
nervorum:

I can relate. Was born and bred in Warri. God had mercy on me. Can never raise my kids in Warri. NEVER!
Real talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall / Female 'keke Napep' Driver Spotted At Michael Opera University In Abia State / Bus On Fire Under Oshodi Bridge In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.