Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ (16967 Views)

Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / Child Dedication Online: My Wife Is Angry I Didn't Spend More / Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by archat: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2019
ur papa na gambler abi
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Just2endowed2(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2019
Na Cap i go dey buy down..
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
Iogobenz:
1k. smiley
If you invite me to come buy aso ebi,my brother/sister you dey waste your time.

I tell you, some people have spent on Aso Ebi, the equivalent amount they could have used to invest in landed properties.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Insectkiller: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
No!!
It's Birthday ceremony and Presidential inauguration..

Okk
TOPCRUISE:

Haba! Did someone die in the family
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by duality(m): 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2019
Also ebi is simply financial recklessness.

Spending money on frivolity.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by NwannekaUloma(f): 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2019
At this my level, Anything more than 3k, I no dey do again.
Carry your eso ebi dey go, I will still come and eat jellof rice
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Insectkiller: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2019
grin grin grin

Did u have a girlfriend??

KubwaBoy:
It depends on if the bride is a virgin or not. If she's not a virgin, what's her body count?
There is no point in spending 250k to buy AsoEbi for a community borehole.
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by BlueAir: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2019
babythug:
It depends on the following in my opinion:

1. How close the celebrant is to you
2. Affordability . How much can you conveniently without losing sleep bring out of your pocket. 500,000 is chicken change to some people for eg

3. The value of the fabric
4. Personal choice and values!
madam 500000 os not chicken change to some persons if not celebrities wont wail on social media when they lose chains worth millions or jail house helps they suspect. . They buy something so expensive doesnt mean they care less about losing it.or what does chicken change mean...

That statement reminds me of an ingrate ex grin..o laugh her everyday when I see the rich smooth nigga dey chop her and blind her with petty changes I give more
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by lochi01(m): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2019
shoe get size
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by jeroncomputers(m): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2019
I have nor done that in awhile now
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Drizzydanny1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
if you know your woman's worth... then the price doesn't really matter.

what matters most is for the marriage to last longer than the price you placed on the aso-ebi.

#das_all grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2019
Davash222:
Aso ebi last longer than most marriages now.
na wetin I wan come tell them, but you don talk am.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Solidkay(m): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2019
Whatever amount that is beyond what you can comfortably afford is termed too much.

Life nah levels

1 Like

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by LotusFan: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2019
How long is a piece of string?
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by bigtt76(f): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
Any amount you cannot freely dash out without straining your pocket

Myhoneypie:
The use of ‘aso ebi’ (uniform fabrics) at parties and other events is commonplace in some parts of the country, particularly in the South-West. However, there have been divided opinions about how much ‘aso ebi’ should cost, as some have been deemed to be too expensive. We asked a cross-section of Nigerians how much they think is too much to pay for ‘aso ebi’. Here are their responses

N20,000 is too much for ‘aso ebi’ – Bola Olarere

Between N3,000 and N5,000 is fine – Nweke Chigozie

It should not cost more than N55, 000 – Oladimeji Daniel Adeoye

Above N50, 000 is not okay – Sontyo Jimin James

How much did you think should be too much and too small

See more here https://thickmatch.com/much-much-spend-aso-ebi/
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Stillthebest: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
Na the status of who get the ceremony matter. Make Tinubu dey do wedding for her daughter and u expect a 5k aso ebi
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by oyebolaidris: 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2019
3hundred is ok
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Onyi90(m): 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2019
Insectkiller:
#250,000..is moderate
OK Kwantinue
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Ferdinandu(m): 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2019
There is 1k aso ebi there is 100k Asoebi. Hang your bag where your hand reach. Most of your friends are likely on the same income level with you so that helps you to determine.
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Abudu2000(m): 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2019
When my office boss daughter got married i spent a whopping 200k for I and my wife's own. That one is inevitable or Sonu suggest I say no to my boss when he knows how much I earn grin grin
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by hardon1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
It certainly depend on your pocket. If you can’t afford it, simply don’t just buy. Many people buy asoebi just because they want to please the person inviting them.

There was a church member wedding I went for her wedding, didn’t buy her asoebi but gave her 5500 in an envelope and she was very happy unknown that what I gave he was the cost of her asoebi and some change
If an asoebi is costly for you, you will know and worrying yourself over it is deceiving yourself.

Years ago, there was a good friend of mine who wanted me to be one of his grooms men, he said he wants a uniform jacket and the cost was N40,000 for one. I sincerely told him that I will not buy if the jacket exceeds 15k, but would certainly attend the party and assist him on any errand he wants. He knows me well and he earns 5-6 times what I earn. Las las he asked me to bring what I have and he brought me the jacket.
Dem no dey kill body put, worrying oneself over an asoebi to me is childish

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by salt1: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2019
I don't buy or wear aso ebi unless it's for a very close relative. I don't like wearing uniform with anybody.

In fact, I don't like seeing colour code on wedding invitation. I make out time to honour you and you dictate what I should wear? Like magenta and onion?
I will make sure I don't wear anything near what you wrote. I'm the one doing you a favour honouring your invitation.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by Welcomme: 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
I don't buy those shits because I won't wear. It is not my thing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by nanauju(f): 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Yoruba has been doing aso ebi for centuries, no issue. Soon as other people join now aso ebi don dey raise question.

Me sef think 1million naira is a fair price for aso ebi on the low low. If na big name celebration 5million naira is not too much to ask. cool

Ur own no dey pass tribalistic comment. Abeg shift smello
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by ngwababe(f): 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
maybachmusic:
One five

undecided

Like #1,500? grin
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by mlkraj(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
2.5million is not too much
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by larrypourl(m): 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2019
They know me in my office. I don't do aso-ebis I only buy your cap if you're so close to me.
Re: How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Registry & Traditional Wedding / What Goes Into Naming A Child / Bitter Kola For Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.