Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,732 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. (43896 Views)

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker / Court Affirms Hope Uzodinma As Imo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by abdulazeez1002(m): 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2019
Propagandasad

Paying salary is now an achievement? Mediocrity
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Slynation(m): 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliet11111:
30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Things Gov. Emeka Ihedioha Has Achieved!

By: Ambrose Nwaogwugwu

Exactly 30 days ago, history was made in Imo state when His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC was sworn-in as the 6th democratically elected governor of Imo state.

For a man who campaigned on the backdrops of rebuilding a destroyed and looted state, Gov. Ihedioha wasted no time in setting the balls rolling as he immediately swung into action with his RebuildImo agenda.

I have listed some of the achievements in deliberate state government policies that will greatly be of immense benefits to our people.

They are as follows:

1. He ordered for 100% Salary for Imo civil servants.

In fufiling his campaign promises where he assured Imo workers of good working conditions and full remuneration against the half salary regime of the immediate past administration of Gov. Rochas Okorocha, Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the payment of 100% salary scheme for all Imo workers which the past governor paid only 70% for 8yrs.

2. Striking Doctors called off strike action after the governor reached a truce with them. One of the first things that the new governor of Imo State did was meeting with striking doctors and health workers in the state to resume work.

Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the resumption of work by striking doctors that downed their tools since over 4months of the last administration - thereby saving many casualties that could have been recorded as a result of continued strikes of doctors and other health workers. Because the well-being of Imo people were of very high priority, he saw the returning of the striking doctors to attend to sick Imolites as a first grade matter requiring of urgent attention.

3. He opened Striking IMO Poly for full academic activities.

Again, as a compassionate governor who places high premium for the needs of his subjects, Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the resumption of full Academic activities for Imo poly that has been on strike for over 4months there by bringing back our children back to school.

4. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the opening of Douglas road to allow the free flow of traffic for ease of movement for Owerri residents. For those conversant with Owerri would know the full potentials of that road as it is one of the major economic roads in Owerri.

The economic activities of Owerri was stagnant for over two years as a result of the closure of that very important road in Owerri which the immediate past governor closed down in order to cripple the economic activities of Owerri people whom the then governor was having a running battle with because they refused the governor from illegally acquiring their ancestral lands for personal family use of the Okorocha's.

But the new governor saw the need for the indenginous people of Owerri and reopened the road which was recieved with high commendation from the locales.

5. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for a stop to the dredging of sands by illegal miners which posed a great environmental harm for residents of Owerri. The activities of these illegal sand miners constituted by the past administration posed not just environmental damages, it also posed great economic sabotage to the state as revenues were siphoned to purses of Ex governor Okorocha's family members instead of that of the state government.

6. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha restored the sanctity of due process and rule of law in place in government as he can be seen following normal procedures at public places.....and as he seemed to have been nickened by Imo people as "Mr. Due Process".

7. He commenced work on abandoned 132/33KVA power Sub stations.

In order to uplift the industrial revolution in the state, Gov. Ihedioha has ordered for immediate commencement on the 132/33KVA power Sub station in Ibeku Okwuato and in Ideato Nation.

They will also kick-off work simultaneously on both sites to ensure that they are activated to serve the people of Imo State.
These were some of the projects His Excellency attracted while at House of Representatives as the Deputy Speaker during the regime of President Good luck Jonathan but were sadly abandoned when he left office in 2015 as the immediate past governor could not constinue on the said projects.

9. ISOPEDEC was returned to Ohaji and Oguta people.

In line with his campaign promises of returning the ISOPADEC to the real owners which are the people of Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta, H. E Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha has handed the oil producing LGA's agency to the right owners are of where the 13% derivative funds will solely be used for the betterment of the oil producing areas that have known devastation due to the activities of oil exploration on their lands.

10. He has started recovering the stolen properties of Imo state government.

Another feat that our governor has achieved is the setting up of the Recovery team which has so far made some mouth watering recoveries of government properties looted by ex governor Rochas Okorocha and his thieving family members.

First, the School of Nursing and midwifery in Opkoro in Orlu LGA that was moved to ex governor Okorocha's home town on Ogboko and converted to his private school has so far being recovered and returned to Imo people.

Many government properties especially vehicles have been recovered as the recovery exercise are still on course and many more properties like immovable ones will be the next focus.

11. State of emergency declared on public infrastructure.

To show it's seriousness, the governor has approved N49million specifically for the Otamiri water.

The Otamiri water project is a public infrastructure that has been allowed to ruin in comatose. The public water infrastructure services the entire town in water supply as it was the reason that no public tap ran during the 8yrs that Okorocha held sway as the governor.

Not a single borehole was sunk in any of the community in Imo for these 8 wasted years of ex governor Okorocha and no drop of tap water ran in the whole state.

Due to the urgency it required, he promptly declared a state of emergency on the scheme and released the sum of 49 million Naira for the immediate take off of the rehabilitation project.

In the state of emergency on public infrastructure regime - these other public infrastructure are to receive immediate attention and they include: the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede-Ihiagwa-Obinze Road, Assumpta-Control Post axis, Mgbidi-Oguta Road, MCC-Toronto Junction, Aba Branch-Mbaise Road, among others.

12. Avuto Poultry coming back to life.

The governor has also constituted a team that are now currently working in the Avutu poultry as both foreign and local investors are assessing the best ways to revitalise the state owned agric firm to start earning money for Imo people again.

13. N20m debt from judgements revisited.

As Mr. Due process who respects the rule of law and constituted authorities - Governor Ihedioha through the state Attorney General has asked all the people who won court cases against the state government in the last 8yrs reign of Okorocha to come forward with their claims for a possible repayment plan.

Recall that the ex governor Rochas Okorocha never hornored any court judgement against the state government for 8yrs as judgement debts were in excess of over 20 Billion Naira layed ambush for the new government.

Now, the governor as a law abiding citizen is reviewing the records with the view of settling them.

14. Imo pensioners to smile again.

In fulfilment of his campaign promises of paying Imo pensioners who are being owed over 30months salary arrears, the governor has constituted a team that will review the pension matters with the views of clearing the pension of our senior citizens.

Recall also that for 8yrs, the immediate past governor Rochas Okorocha deducted pension cuts from worker's monthly pays but never remitted same to the Nigeria pension fund as all the worker's monthly salary deduction for pensions ended up in individual accounts instead of the pension funds, hence the inability of pension payment running to the tune of over 50billion Naira.

15. He ordered Dan Anyiam Stadium To receive a comprehensive facelift.

Words has been backed with commensurate actions as works for the commencement of the comprehensive facelift of Dan Ayiam stadium and the Grasshoppers stadium was not left in the plan.

16. He refused and rejected the offer of Ruga settlements for Fulani herdsmen in Imo, in line with personal the south east governor's forum position. This is a further step in securing the lives and properties of the state as many other security matters are discreetly being carried out which of course, I can not reel out here.

These were the key things that His Excellency has achieved within 30 days in office as Imo state governor.

Note the words: "Key points" as there are many others strives already achieved which if I continue listing them, the space will not be able to contain them.

As we await for other mouth watering policies of the RebuildImo government which will soon unfold, let us commend the governor for keeping to his words as being a responsible and proactive governor responsive to the demands of Imo people.

Indeed, we can now beat our chests and make bold to proclaim that we now have a governor in the person of His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC. Omenkeahuruanya n'ezie.

The era of impunity, iberiberism system of governance, disobedience to rule of law and lack of due process are forever gone in Imo.

Indeed, a new Imo in which we all can be proud of is born.

To God be the glory!
Lol....Aunty Cool down, if I can remember vividly Rocha Okorocha started like this
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by hope4life: 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
MyGeneration:
lets watch and see

MyGeneration:
lets watch and see

There are evil spirits working in some Nigerians-negative,pessimistic and sadistic spirits.Do you people always wait for govt to misbehave so that you can crucify them? I'm not a civil servant or politician. I'm apolitical. But I'm very objective. A Governor did laudable things within 30 days and the whole thread is quite.I was expecting positive,commendable and encouraging comments.The person I quoted above is still pessimistic. You people's attitude is affecting gov.negatively. When all you hope to see from a leader is a means to criticise him,the only thing you will see from him is negative performance. Criticism born out of envy and hatred is destructive. A reasonable man condemns when leaders go wrong and commend with equal strength when they do what is right.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by FrankFrenzy(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:
Restoring civil servant salaries to 100% and looking to pay off the 30 months arrears owed to pensioners left by the useless corrupt wasteman Okorocha is Ihedioha's biggest achievement.

On point Chief..
That was Okorocha's greatest undoing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2019
FrankFrenzy:

On point Chief..
That was Okorocha's greatest undoing
100...the man is a heartless devil. Steal all you want, but pay workers 100% of their wages and retired pensioners. He should be spending the rest of his life in jail-he is lucky he is not in China where there is death penalty for corruption.

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2019
In ALL,
na only number 16 sweet me pass!
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by abayomilaws(m): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

What is more draconian than owing pensioners for 30 months and at the same time building statues?

I am just saying we should not all be sycophants ,at least , if he does something right we appreciate him and if he does otherwise we should not fail to point it out. I just pointed out where he got it wrong and why it should not be classified as an achievement rather it should be classified as an abuse of power, violation of rules of law. I say this so that populace who might think is a proper due process won't be misled. In another breath , kudos to him for paying up pensioners . Let's make them (our leaders) to be accountable by demanding for 100% at all time. According to Lord Archer " power we want ,.power we seek, for without power we cannot serve" . therefore we have given them much power to serve us, so we should not expect less. I must say the immediate predecessor was a disaster, the incumbent should avoid the same appellation . WE ARE WATCHING HIM.

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by sanpipita(m): 7:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
Lol you go fear propaganda. ihedioha and his people should take iteasy
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Gkemz: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2019
Ihedioha is rebuilding Imo that Rochas destroyed and liquidated it's funds.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by tunary(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2019
Na only one eye you get? them punch am abi you don go exchange your eye with winning ticket
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by gazza07(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
He's moving to fast
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Theboss100(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2019
KingAzari:
Too many clowns walking the surface of earth in 2019. How can a sensible human being call those nonsense listed above "achievements" and even those he used "to" describe the achievement? This is one of the reasons politicians treat y'all like slaves.
Bunch of mediocre.
Will U Kip Kwayet! He Is A First Timer And Look At What He Has Achieved So Far Unlike Those Apc State That Are Doing Nothing. All These Sadist No Get Joy At All. Mr. Due Process, CARRY GO, Imo People Are Behind U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by uridadole: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2019
So to order every wish has become achievement.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by bilulu(m): 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2019
itsme01:
undecided

Mumu should go and learn from Sanwo olu , Dapo abiodun, and Seyi Makinde..

The Dunce of a governor almost broke our Internet with his news of him chasing okorocha's shadows, i dont know which of the names i hate most on my headline IHEDIOHA/OKOROCHA ,COZA/Dakolo, NED Reginatu Nwoko,

he should go and learn from Sanwo olu how to deny his campaign promises
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by israelmao(m): 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2019
Ihedioah should stop campaign of calumny and get down to real governance 4years an inch away.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Bbbwings: 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2019
etebefia:
Seems Okorocha will be a learner to Ihedioha in terms of propaganda. Praise singers will not allow him to work.
I tell you
See the daft things this grl is claiming as achievements.
It then begs the question, what is governance?
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Bbbwings: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
hope4life:

There are evil spirits working in some Nigerians-negative,pessimistic and sadistic spirits.Do you people always wait for govt to misbehave so that you can crucify them? I'm not a civil servant or politician. I'm apolitical. But I'm very objective. A Governor did laudable things within 30 days and the whole thread is quite.I was expecting positive,commendable and encouraging comments.The person I quoted above is still pessimistic. You people's attitude is affecting gov.negatively. When all you hope to see from a leader is a means to criticise him,the only thing you will see from him is negative performance. Criticism born out of envy and hatred is destructive. A reasonable man condemns when leaders go wrong and commend with equal strength when they do what is right.
Shut the Bleep up with your epistle..
This is just a piece of propaganda
Na so everyone dey start
Next time you will see post about his achievement in 30day's in power next 50, next 100
Leave all this for when he has spent a year in power.

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Djbeezy23(m): 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
Please the road they are showing u is done by nddc no road has been approve by the current state government the nddc road the contractor started the work long before emeka's inauguration I rest my case osheey
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Otugo007(m): 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliet11111:
30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Things Gov. Emeka Ihedioha Has Achieved!

By: Ambrose Nwaogwugwu

Exactly 30 days ago, history was made in Imo state when His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC was sworn-in as the 6th democratically elected governor of Imo state.

For a man who campaigned on the backdrops of rebuilding a destroyed and looted state, Gov. Ihedioha wasted no time in setting the balls rolling as he immediately swung into action with his RebuildImo agenda.

I have listed some of the achievements in deliberate state government policies that will greatly be of immense benefits to our people.

They are as follows:

1. He ordered for 100% Salary for Imo civil servants.

In fufiling his campaign promises where he assured Imo workers of good working conditions and full remuneration against the half salary regime of the immediate past administration of Gov. Rochas Okorocha, Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the payment of 100% salary scheme for all Imo workers which the past governor paid only 70% for 8yrs.

2. Striking Doctors called off strike action after the governor reached a truce with them. One of the first things that the new governor of Imo State did was meeting with striking doctors and health workers in the state to resume work.

Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the resumption of work by striking doctors that downed their tools since over 4months of the last administration - thereby saving many casualties that could have been recorded as a result of continued strikes of doctors and other health workers. Because the well-being of Imo people were of very high priority, he saw the returning of the striking doctors to attend to sick Imolites as a first grade matter requiring of urgent attention.

3. He opened Striking IMO Poly for full academic activities.

Again, as a compassionate governor who places high premium for the needs of his subjects, Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the resumption of full Academic activities for Imo poly that has been on strike for over 4months there by bringing back our children back to school.

4. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the opening of Douglas road to allow the free flow of traffic for ease of movement for Owerri residents. For those conversant with Owerri would know the full potentials of that road as it is one of the major economic roads in Owerri.

The economic activities of Owerri was stagnant for over two years as a result of the closure of that very important road in Owerri which the immediate past governor closed down in order to cripple the economic activities of Owerri people whom the then governor was having a running battle with because they refused the governor from illegally acquiring their ancestral lands for personal family use of the Okorocha's.

But the new governor saw the need for the indenginous people of Owerri and reopened the road which was recieved with high commendation from the locales.

5. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for a stop to the dredging of sands by illegal miners which posed a great environmental harm for residents of Owerri. The activities of these illegal sand miners constituted by the past administration posed not just environmental damages, it also posed great economic sabotage to the state as revenues were siphoned to purses of Ex governor Okorocha's family members instead of that of the state government.

6. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha restored the sanctity of due process and rule of law in place in government as he can be seen following normal procedures at public places.....and as he seemed to have been nickened by Imo people as "Mr. Due Process".

7. He commenced work on abandoned 132/33KVA power Sub stations.

In order to uplift the industrial revolution in the state, Gov. Ihedioha has ordered for immediate commencement on the 132/33KVA power Sub station in Ibeku Okwuato and in Ideato Nation.

They will also kick-off work simultaneously on both sites to ensure that they are activated to serve the people of Imo State.
These were some of the projects His Excellency attracted while at House of Representatives as the Deputy Speaker during the regime of President Good luck Jonathan but were sadly abandoned when he left office in 2015 as the immediate past governor could not constinue on the said projects.

9. ISOPEDEC was returned to Ohaji and Oguta people.

In line with his campaign promises of returning the ISOPADEC to the real owners which are the people of Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta, H. E Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha has handed the oil producing LGA's agency to the right owners are of where the 13% derivative funds will solely be used for the betterment of the oil producing areas that have known devastation due to the activities of oil exploration on their lands.

10. He has started recovering the stolen properties of Imo state government.

Another feat that our governor has achieved is the setting up of the Recovery team which has so far made some mouth watering recoveries of government properties looted by ex governor Rochas Okorocha and his thieving family members.

First, the School of Nursing and midwifery in Opkoro in Orlu LGA that was moved to ex governor Okorocha's home town on Ogboko and converted to his private school has so far being recovered and returned to Imo people.

Many government properties especially vehicles have been recovered as the recovery exercise are still on course and many more properties like immovable ones will be the next focus.

11. State of emergency declared on public infrastructure.

To show it's seriousness, the governor has approved N49million specifically for the Otamiri water.

The Otamiri water project is a public infrastructure that has been allowed to ruin in comatose. The public water infrastructure services the entire town in water supply as it was the reason that no public tap ran during the 8yrs that Okorocha held sway as the governor.

Not a single borehole was sunk in any of the community in Imo for these 8 wasted years of ex governor Okorocha and no drop of tap water ran in the whole state.

Due to the urgency it required, he promptly declared a state of emergency on the scheme and released the sum of 49 million Naira for the immediate take off of the rehabilitation project.

In the state of emergency on public infrastructure regime - these other public infrastructure are to receive immediate attention and they include: the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede-Ihiagwa-Obinze Road, Assumpta-Control Post axis, Mgbidi-Oguta Road, MCC-Toronto Junction, Aba Branch-Mbaise Road, among others.

12. Avuto Poultry coming back to life.

The governor has also constituted a team that are now currently working in the Avutu poultry as both foreign and local investors are assessing the best ways to revitalise the state owned agric firm to start earning money for Imo people again.

13. N20m debt from judgements revisited.

As Mr. Due process who respects the rule of law and constituted authorities - Governor Ihedioha through the state Attorney General has asked all the people who won court cases against the state government in the last 8yrs reign of Okorocha to come forward with their claims for a possible repayment plan.

Recall that the ex governor Rochas Okorocha never hornored any court judgement against the state government for 8yrs as judgement debts were in excess of over 20 Billion Naira layed ambush for the new government.

Now, the governor as a law abiding citizen is reviewing the records with the view of settling them.

14. Imo pensioners to smile again.

In fulfilment of his campaign promises of paying Imo pensioners who are being owed over 30months salary arrears, the governor has constituted a team that will review the pension matters with the views of clearing the pension of our senior citizens.

Recall also that for 8yrs, the immediate past governor Rochas Okorocha deducted pension cuts from worker's monthly pays but never remitted same to the Nigeria pension fund as all the worker's monthly salary deduction for pensions ended up in individual accounts instead of the pension funds, hence the inability of pension payment running to the tune of over 50billion Naira.

15. He ordered Dan Anyiam Stadium To receive a comprehensive facelift.

Words has been backed with commensurate actions as works for the commencement of the comprehensive facelift of Dan Ayiam stadium and the Grasshoppers stadium was not left in the plan.

16. He refused and rejected the offer of Ruga settlements for Fulani herdsmen in Imo, in line with personal the south east governor's forum position. This is a further step in securing the lives and properties of the state as many other security matters are discreetly being carried out which of course, I can not reel out here.

These were the key things that His Excellency has achieved within 30 days in office as Imo state governor.

Note the words: "Key points" as there are many others strives already achieved which if I continue listing them, the space will not be able to contain them.

As we await for other mouth watering policies of the RebuildImo government which will soon unfold, let us commend the governor for keeping to his words as being a responsible and proactive governor responsive to the demands of Imo people.

Indeed, we can now beat our chests and make bold to proclaim that we now have a governor in the person of His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC. Omenkeahuruanya n'ezie.

The era of impunity, iberiberism system of governance, disobedience to rule of law and lack of due process are forever gone in Imo.

Indeed, a new Imo in which we all can be proud of is born.

To God be the glory!
Are u crazy? And u call this achievement? What is wrong with us sef!
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliet11111:

Not really, I just feel obligated to let the world know what’s happening in my state. I believe that’s the little moral contribution I can offer my state.
Stop spewing and posting rubbish, I am in Imo state Ihedioha has not done anything even the may salaries came the same amount that rochas was paying. He said the 100% supposed to be implemented on may salaries so why did he paid the same amount and pensioners have not collected any dime even when rochas made it clear in his handover note that 5bilion was mapped out for that. Quit deceiving people online before you incure the wrath meant for someone else.

4 Likes

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nwadiuto247: 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2019
NORSIYK:
RT.HON.EMEKA IHEDIOHA'S FIRST 30 DAYS IN OFFICE: A LESSON IN GOOD GOVERNANCE

By Barr. Ekene Bob-Ekechukwu
29/06/2019
bobekene@gmail.com

Rt. Hon. Emeka Nkem Ihedioha, CON, KSC assumed office as the 5th Executive Governor of Imo State exactly 30 days ago. His coming to power wasn't as sweet as that of his predecessors for obvious reasons. Firstly, he came to power at a point in the history of the State where the economy and socio-political institutions were almost completely eroded by the misgovernance of his predecessor, Rochas Okorocha. It must be stated here that previous administrations of Achike Udenwa, Ikedi Ohakim and even Rochas Okorocha had the benefits of a formal hand-over which enabled them to easily commence work. But Rt. Hon Ihedioha didn't enjoy such privileges of a formal hand-over from Okorocha which would have enabled him to kickstart his government in earnest. Instead, he inherited nothing and a series of landmine set by Okorocha to truncate his administration. However, in spite of all these he was able to navigate through these obstacles to commence effective governance of the State.

The reason why Okorocha failed woefully is because he was neither formally or informally prepared to lead the State. That accounted for the jamboree that was witnessed in the last 8 years that made the State a by-word in the Country. The Governor's political sagacity and administrative competence is not surprising because he is inarguably the most prepared cum experienced of those that had governed the State. Having been 12 years as a Federal Lawmaker, 4 of which he served as Deputy-Speaker and Speaker of the House of Representatives before becoming Governor; such invalubale experience can't be wished away at all. This experience and preparedness is expressed in every step the Governor has taken so far in the governance of the State.

His Excellency, through his Rebuild Imo Agenda has devised series of pragmatic programmes to revive the fortunes of the State. He started with restoring the Rule of Law by first appointing Barr. Ndukwe Nnawuchi (SAN), Attornery-General to guide the government to act in accordance with the Law. In a bid to also enshrine accountability and transparency he appointed Mr. Pascal Egwim, Director-General/CEO Bureau of Public Procurement and Price Intelligence in accordance with the provisions of the Law. He waited for the resolution of the House of Assembly before dissolving the Chairmen of LGA Councils, Boards and Parastals. He didnt interfer with the elections of the House of Assembly principal officers but allowed members to chose their leaders. He unified the State by virtue of his dispassionate appointments which covered the 27 LGAs of the State. These appointments carried along both women and youths such as the 29 year old AIC Akwarandu, Special Assistant on New Media amongst others . It is also on record that 81 women are among the political appointees so far out of which 4 are Transition Committee Chairmen. Thus far, it is crystal clear that the Governor by reason of his appointments has carried everyone along.

In the area of environmetal transformation, the Governor's Go Green, Stay Clean programme is already changing the face of the State capital by removing the refuse dumps that once marred the environment. In addition, the Tree Planting project which intends to beautify the capital city and bring in fresh air is already in top gear. In the area of provision of social amenities, he is already at work. The State Government has declared a state of emergency in the area of infrastructure. As a result and for the first time in so many years the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has commenced quality road construction in the State, starting from the New Owerri area. These projects were ab initio delayed by the obviously selfish and negligent attitude of Okorocha's government. The Governor also established a Task Force on Infrastructure which has already commenced operation zero potholes and massive road repairs. The Task Force is also refurbishing the Dan Anyiam and Grasshopper International Stadium to standard.

On provision of portable water, Imo has also secured about $130m grant from World Bank for the reactivation of the moribund Imo Water Board Corporation. This means that very soon there will be pipe borne water in the State, which has never happened in the last 20 years. In the area of electricity, the State government has embarked on the reactivation and completion of power sub-stations under construction in the State such as the Ibeku power sub-station Aboh Mbaise. These sub-stations when completed will ensure regular power supply in those areas. On Agriculture, the government is partnering with foreign investors from Morroco and Netherlands to revive the moribund Avutu Poultry Farm in Obowo LGA. When this is done, employment will be created for thousands of Imolites while food production in the State will be boosted.

The economy is also receiving a big boost as foreign investors such as the World Bank, AfriExim Bank, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have all indicated interest in partnering with the government to develop the State. The educational sector is not left out as the government's Technical Education Masterplan is billed to resuscitate technical education and skill acquisition which is a precursor for industrialization. This Masterplan is being augmented by the government's plan to reactivate the 4 Technical Colleges in Ahiara, Orsu, Orlu and Owerri. When all these are done, Imo State will become an industrial hub which can favourably compete with Aba and Onitsha. On security, the Governor's appointment of Raymond Nkemdirim, a former senior Intelligence officer with the Department of State Services(DSS) as Special Adviser on Security is an example of putting a round peg in a round hole. Imo State was expected to boil as the citizens were reportedly angry over Okorocha's imperial rule and had wanted to mob the outgoing Governor and his family members on May 29. It took the Governor's intervention to quell the uproar. Since then the State has experienced peace and security. The Governor has also demonstrated his concern over workers welfare by restoring their salary to 100% from the 70% Okorocha paid by Okorocha's government.

Despite the deliberate plot of ex-governor Rochas Okorocha to undermine this government, the Governor was able to surmount the challenges and come out stronger. All these great milestones wouldn't have been achievable in a short period, if the Governor is incompetent and didn't assemble competent persons to work with him. Looking at the foregoing, any discerning person can easily say that Rt.Hon.Emeka Ihedioha's first 30 days in office is indeed a lesson in good governance.

Ok. I believe he will do more good to Imo state than some of our past leaders. May God help him.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Juliet11111(f): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mkpakala:

Stop spewing and posting rubbish, I am in Imo state Ihedioha has not done anything even the may salaries came the same amount that rochas was paying. He said the 100% supposed to be implemented on may salaries so why did he paid the same amount and pensioners have not collected any dime even when rochas made it clear in his handover note that 5bilion was mapped out for that. Quit deceiving people online before you incure the wrath meant for someone else.
You are a very idiotic and senseless bastard. You won’t be saying this if you are truly in owerri. You’re just a moronic vagabond with no known abode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by sparog(m): 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2019
doublecross:
oh lord Jesus! did you read what the op posted at all? why cant you just borrow, buy, or pray for sense in your lifetime. you are a disgrace to human hood!

Your comment made me laugh instead of making me angry

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Well, I read it but it doesn't change the fact that he's wasting his time paying attention to his predecessor instead of him to focus entirely on righting the wrongs of Owelle
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliet11111:

You are a very idiotic and senseless bastard. You won’t be saying this if you are truly in owerri. You’re just a moronic vagabond with no known abode.
Lolll.... I'm not going into the gutter with you. You are just a hungry hoodrat trying to be relevant and you won't be dignified.Again stop spewing nonsense like a drooling dingbat your lord and master has not done anything

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by budusky05(m): 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
All scam

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Juliet11111(f): 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mkpakala:

Lolll.... I'm not going into the gutter with you. You are just a hungry hoodrat trying to be relevant and you won't be dignified.Again stop spewing nonsense like a drooling dingbat your lord and master has not done anything
Prepare to wail more for the next 16 years. Idiot.

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliet11111:

Prepare to wail more for the next 16 years. Idiot.
The issue with airheads like you is you blatantly assume everyone eats crumb like your disgusting self. If Ihedioha like let him rule forever no one gives a rat Ass it's hungry plonkers like you that will still be affected.
Look at the way you are dissing insults it really tells your background. Onye Okporo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Juliet11111(f): 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mkpakala:

The issue with airheads like you is you blatantly assume everyone eats crumb like your disgusting self. If Ihedioha like let him rule forever no one gives a rat Ass it's hungry plonkers like you that will still be affected.
Look at the way you are dissing insults it really tells your background. Onye Okporo cheesy cheesy
You will continuously be put to shame with more and more achievements by His Excellency Rt Honorable Emeka Ihedioha while your sorry pitiable self keep wallowing in poverty and penury. You thought Rochas and his son in law will rule Imo State forever but God disappointed you all. Keep dragging words with a lady, goes a long way to show how filthy your background is. Idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliet11111:

You will continuously be put to shame with more and more achievements by His Excellency Rt Honorable Emeka Ihedioha while your sorry pitiable self keep wallowing in poverty and penury. You thought Rochas and his son in law will rule Imo State forever but God disappointed you all. Keep dragging words with a lady, goes a long way to show how filthy your background is. Idiot.

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Abogwara: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
None of the thrash listed exists. He never paid 100% salaries and is still owing a lot of parastatals. Mind you it's 18k minimum wage not even 30k. I understand he is wasting money on media but reality will always defeat propaganda as most Imolites are definitely not happy.

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Juliet11111(f): 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mkpakala:

[quote author=Mkpakala post=79789109]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lekki Tollgate: Chizoba Agu's Sister Speaks On Her Death / Red Line Drawn Against South Africa - Onyeama, Foreign Affairs Minister / Rochas Okorocha Sustains Head Injury In Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.