Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. (43895 Views)

My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV / Uche Ogbuagu Completed These Projects Within 70 Days As Imo Lawmaker / Court Affirms Hope Uzodinma As Imo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Abogwara: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mkpakala:

Stop spewing and posting rubbish, I am in Imo state Ihedioha has not done anything even the may salaries came the same amount that rochas was paying. He said the 100% supposed to be implemented on may salaries so why did he paid the same amount and pensioners have not collected any dime even when rochas made it clear in his handover note that 5bilion was mapped out for that. Quit deceiving people online before you incure the wrath meant for someone else.

At the end of the day it's a loss for everyone no matter the political party you belong. I still pray for Ihedioha to start work and improve on what Okorocha achieved or even a 50% of Okorocha will be good enough since he is indebted to a lot of politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2019
Juliet11111:

You will continuously be put to shame with more and more achievements by His Excellency Rt Honorable Emeka Ihedioha while your sorry pitiable self keep wallowing in poverty and penury. You thought Rochas and his son in law will rule Imo State forever but God disappointed you all. Keep dragging words with a lady, goes a long way to show how filthy your background is. Idiot.
What's wrong with you this dingbat? Where did I supported rochas? You are just a sloppy dyslexic cum-bucket with no grey matter to war words with me. I really pity Ihedioha if you are in his government because you are indescribable.. Abeg go and rest you are too lethargic to be engaged.You don't know anything Iti boribo. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2019
Abogwara:

At the end of the day it's a loss for everyone no matter the political party you belong. I still pray for Ihedioha to start work and improve on what Okorocha achieved or even a 50% of Okorocha will be good enough since he is indebted to a lot of politicians.
Bro to be sincere I am apolitical but I hate lies and propaganda. I live and spent most time in imo state and I know the ongoings.Ihedioha has not done anything for now it doesn't mean I am wishing him bad I just want things to be straight forward. I still believe he will work but I won't condone people spreading lies while I am still in cyberspace No I will always refute that.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Dgr8hassiE(m): 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2019
If what read here is true then mr governor has done
well.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by ScotMisile: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
Who else is still searching for Ihedioha's list of achievements?

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by doublecross(m): 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2019
sparog:

Your comment made me laugh instead of making me angry

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Well, I read it but it doesn't change the fact that he's wasting his time paying attention to his predecessor instead of him to focus entirely on righting the wrongs of Owelle

and i tell you now that a good way of righting those wrongs is recovering looted funds
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Flashlaundry(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2019
Are you sure?

We offer laundry and dry cleaning service
Home Service and pick up in Lagos
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by ThePreachersSon: 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2019
Non of all you mentioned counts as achievement. Would he not pay 100% salary before, or would my father be the one to open road. Nigerians would just be celebrating nonsense, praising a governor for what's rightfully theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Edusouls(m): 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
Mbaise people are blessed and God sent
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by kkboy(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2019
Item 1-30 Ordered, ordered and ordered.
Ihedioha is a diaster to Imo people.
Time will tell.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Amah70: 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
RealityShot:
I hope this will not be another PROPAGANDA govt?!

Until Ihedioha fully recovers our university in Ogboko worth billions of Naira which Okorocha tried to corner to himself...

Achievements keee..
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Sunnycliff(m): 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2019
KingAzari:
Too many clowns walking the surface of earth in 2019. How can a sensible human being call those nonsense listed above "achievements" and even those he used "to" describe the achievement? This is one of the reasons politicians treat y'all like slaves.
Bunch of mediocre.

What actually do u want to see?
Like he built 10 roads, gave 2000 jobs, built 10 hospitals in 30 days right?
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Sunnycliff(m): 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
AmazingELixir:

undecided undecided undecided

Op you call this crap list achievements....I see you're working very hard to justify the stipend Ihedioha is paying you.

Restoring workers salary to 100% is nothing to you? Setting up a committee for pensioners which Rochas never paid their wages, at some times he gave them a dude cheque, is nothing to u?
Recovering stolen imo properties is nothing to you?
Maybe you want him, in 30days to build a university, employ 5000 people and maybe built 1000km roads!

Come out straight on your expectation. Also talk about his revenues too

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by CzarChris(m): 2:05am On Jun 30, 2019
AmazingELixir:

undecided undecided undecided

Op you call this crap list achievements....I see you're working very hard to justify the stipend Ihedioha is paying you.
I pity your sense of comprehension.
Make your brain no scatter as you dey try justify the 8years of waste your own paymaster okorocha bedeviled Imo people with.

Nonsense!!!

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by CzarChris(m): 2:07am On Jun 30, 2019
kkboy:
Item 1-30 Ordered, ordered and ordered.
Ihedioha is a diaster to Imo people.
Time will tell.
Ndo ooo!!!
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by AmarachiNnoli: 2:11am On Jun 30, 2019
I just wasted my data hoping to see his achievements in poctures. But Alas, propaganda and lies is all i could read. Please post pictures of solid infrastructural developments. Thats what we expect from paid propagandists like the OP. Not this Long lies. Mcheeew. God punish OP for making me waste my data.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by AmarachiNnoli: 2:15am On Jun 30, 2019
Sunnycliff:

What actually do u want to see?
Like he built 10 roads, gave 2000 jobs, built 10 hospitals in 30 days right?
He was expecting to see several road projects ongoing by Julius Berger or Rcc. Hospital Building projects by Arab Contractors, Dantata and Sawoe etc. And not the long propaganda & english you are speaking.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by ZaraGift: 6:19am On Jun 30, 2019
Cherrybae:
So these are achievement. Ndi Imo will weep and sorrow for voting this blood sucking gworo occultist governor.igly and broke man, he will loot Imo dey.

Nonsense thread from a blind follower.
Ndi Ara

You're the mad one herr
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Sunnycliff(m): 7:52am On Jun 30, 2019
AmarachiNnoli:

He was expecting to see several road projects ongoing by Julius Berger or Rcc. Hospital Building projects by Arab Contractors, Dantata and Sawoe etc. And not the long propaganda & english you are speaking.

In just 30 days? Do you know how long it takes to bid for a project, screening and approval? Or those companies will just start work, without due process?

Are you kidney me? Where's the place of common sense? Or you want him to be like Rochas that just tell people to start working without standard terms and conditions? What's the state f those death traps he created as roads?

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2019
Mkpakala:

What's wrong with you this dingbat? Where did I supported rochas? You are just a sloppy dyslexic cum-bucket with no grey matter to war words with me. I really pity Ihedioha if you are in his government because you are indescribable.. Abeg go and rest you are too lethargic to be engaged.You don't know anything Iti boribo. grin

Una English 4 dis forum go kill person 1 day,laughs.

Abeg make una Dey keep some big big ones for house and use only d small ones.

Also don’t forget, calling someone Iti boribo, fit make someone go buy sni***
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 30, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

Una English 4 dis forum go kill person 1 day,laughs.

Abeg make una Dey keep some big big ones for house and use only d small ones.

Also don’t forget, calling someone Iti boribo, fit make someone go buy sni***
Bro I am not one to insult someone online because it's unnecessary. I just called her out on lies she posted and she turned it to roforofo fight.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by raymexx: 11:36am On Jun 30, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:
Restoring civil servant salaries to 100% and looking to pay off the 30 months arrears owed to pensioners left by the useless corrupt wasteman Okorocha is Ihedioha's biggest achievement.
Has he paid the salaries or he just restored it back where as since he entered he have not back any salary whether old or new.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by MrSly(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2019
Juliet11111:
30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Things Gov. Emeka Ihedioha Has Achieved!

By: Ambrose Nwaogwugwu

Exactly 30 days ago, history was made in Imo state when His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC was sworn-in as the 6th democratically elected governor of Imo state.

For a man who campaigned on the backdrops of rebuilding a destroyed and looted state, Gov. Ihedioha wasted no time in setting the balls rolling as he immediately swung into action with his RebuildImo agenda.

I have listed some of the achievements in deliberate state government policies that will greatly be of immense benefits to our people.

They are as follows:

1. He ordered for 100% Salary for Imo civil servants.

In fufiling his campaign promises where he assured Imo workers of good working conditions and full remuneration against the half salary regime of the immediate past administration of Gov. Rochas Okorocha, Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the payment of 100% salary scheme for all Imo workers which the past governor paid only 70% for 8yrs.

2. Striking Doctors called off strike action after the governor reached a truce with them. One of the first things that the new governor of Imo State did was meeting with striking doctors and health workers in the state to resume work.

Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the resumption of work by striking doctors that downed their tools since over 4months of the last administration - thereby saving many casualties that could have been recorded as a result of continued strikes of doctors and other health workers. Because the well-being of Imo people were of very high priority, he saw the returning of the striking doctors to attend to sick Imolites as a first grade matter requiring of urgent attention.

3. He opened Striking IMO Poly for full academic activities.

Again, as a compassionate governor who places high premium for the needs of his subjects, Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the resumption of full Academic activities for Imo poly that has been on strike for over 4months there by bringing back our children back to school.

4. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the opening of Douglas road to allow the free flow of traffic for ease of movement for Owerri residents. For those conversant with Owerri would know the full potentials of that road as it is one of the major economic roads in Owerri.

The economic activities of Owerri was stagnant for over two years as a result of the closure of that very important road in Owerri which the immediate past governor closed down in order to cripple the economic activities of Owerri people whom the then governor was having a running battle with because they refused the governor from illegally acquiring their ancestral lands for personal family use of the Okorocha's.

But the new governor saw the need for the indenginous people of Owerri and reopened the road which was recieved with high commendation from the locales.

5. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for a stop to the dredging of sands by illegal miners which posed a great environmental harm for residents of Owerri. The activities of these illegal sand miners constituted by the past administration posed not just environmental damages, it also posed great economic sabotage to the state as revenues were siphoned to purses of Ex governor Okorocha's family members instead of that of the state government.

6. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha restored the sanctity of due process and rule of law in place in government as he can be seen following normal procedures at public places.....and as he seemed to have been nickened by Imo people as "Mr. Due Process".

7. He commenced work on abandoned 132/33KVA power Sub stations.

In order to uplift the industrial revolution in the state, Gov. Ihedioha has ordered for immediate commencement on the 132/33KVA power Sub station in Ibeku Okwuato and in Ideato Nation.

They will also kick-off work simultaneously on both sites to ensure that they are activated to serve the people of Imo State.
These were some of the projects His Excellency attracted while at House of Representatives as the Deputy Speaker during the regime of President Good luck Jonathan but were sadly abandoned when he left office in 2015 as the immediate past governor could not constinue on the said projects.

9. ISOPEDEC was returned to Ohaji and Oguta people.

In line with his campaign promises of returning the ISOPADEC to the real owners which are the people of Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta, H. E Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha has handed the oil producing LGA's agency to the right owners are of where the 13% derivative funds will solely be used for the betterment of the oil producing areas that have known devastation due to the activities of oil exploration on their lands.

10. He has started recovering the stolen properties of Imo state government.

Another feat that our governor has achieved is the setting up of the Recovery team which has so far made some mouth watering recoveries of government properties looted by ex governor Rochas Okorocha and his thieving family members.

First, the School of Nursing and midwifery in Opkoro in Orlu LGA that was moved to ex governor Okorocha's home town on Ogboko and converted to his private school has so far being recovered and returned to Imo people.

Many government properties especially vehicles have been recovered as the recovery exercise are still on course and many more properties like immovable ones will be the next focus.

11. State of emergency declared on public infrastructure.

To show it's seriousness, the governor has approved N49million specifically for the Otamiri water.

The Otamiri water project is a public infrastructure that has been allowed to ruin in comatose. The public water infrastructure services the entire town in water supply as it was the reason that no public tap ran during the 8yrs that Okorocha held sway as the governor.

Not a single borehole was sunk in any of the community in Imo for these 8 wasted years of ex governor Okorocha and no drop of tap water ran in the whole state.

Due to the urgency it required, he promptly declared a state of emergency on the scheme and released the sum of 49 million Naira for the immediate take off of the rehabilitation project.

In the state of emergency on public infrastructure regime - these other public infrastructure are to receive immediate attention and they include: the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede-Ihiagwa-Obinze Road, Assumpta-Control Post axis, Mgbidi-Oguta Road, MCC-Toronto Junction, Aba Branch-Mbaise Road, among others.

12. Avuto Poultry coming back to life.

The governor has also constituted a team that are now currently working in the Avutu poultry as both foreign and local investors are assessing the best ways to revitalise the state owned agric firm to start earning money for Imo people again.

13. N20m debt from judgements revisited.

As Mr. Due process who respects the rule of law and constituted authorities - Governor Ihedioha through the state Attorney General has asked all the people who won court cases against the state government in the last 8yrs reign of Okorocha to come forward with their claims for a possible repayment plan.

Recall that the ex governor Rochas Okorocha never hornored any court judgement against the state government for 8yrs as judgement debts were in excess of over 20 Billion Naira layed ambush for the new government.

Now, the governor as a law abiding citizen is reviewing the records with the view of settling them.

14. Imo pensioners to smile again.

In fulfilment of his campaign promises of paying Imo pensioners who are being owed over 30months salary arrears, the governor has constituted a team that will review the pension matters with the views of clearing the pension of our senior citizens.

Recall also that for 8yrs, the immediate past governor Rochas Okorocha deducted pension cuts from worker's monthly pays but never remitted same to the Nigeria pension fund as all the worker's monthly salary deduction for pensions ended up in individual accounts instead of the pension funds, hence the inability of pension payment running to the tune of over 50billion Naira.

15. He ordered Dan Anyiam Stadium To receive a comprehensive facelift.

Words has been backed with commensurate actions as works for the commencement of the comprehensive facelift of Dan Ayiam stadium and the Grasshoppers stadium was not left in the plan.

16. He refused and rejected the offer of Ruga settlements for Fulani herdsmen in Imo, in line with personal the south east governor's forum position. This is a further step in securing the lives and properties of the state as many other security matters are discreetly being carried out which of course, I can not reel out here.

These were the key things that His Excellency has achieved within 30 days in office as Imo state governor.

Note the words: "Key points" as there are many others strives already achieved which if I continue listing them, the space will not be able to contain them.

As we await for other mouth watering policies of the RebuildImo government which will soon unfold, let us commend the governor for keeping to his words as being a responsible and proactive governor responsive to the demands of Imo people.

Indeed, we can now beat our chests and make bold to proclaim that we now have a governor in the person of His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC. Omenkeahuruanya n'ezie.

The era of impunity, iberiberism system of governance, disobedience to rule of law and lack of due process are forever gone in Imo.

Indeed, a new Imo in which we all can be proud of is born.

To God be the glory!
I am yet to read one of the 16 achievements in your post. Ordering, revisiting, to commence, to smile, bla bla bla do not tantamount to achievements. He should leave witch hunt and blackmail politics aside to face defend the mandate handed over to him by imolites.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by 1009ja: 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2019
As a manifestation of fresh air in Imo, the governor should stop the extortionists parading themselves as police officers at the Wathedral Road/Okigwe Road Roundabout.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by B2mario(m): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2019
NORSIYK:
RT.HON.EMEKA IHEDIOHA'S FIRST 30 DAYS IN OFFICE: A LESSON IN GOOD GOVERNANCE

By Barr. Ekene Bob-Ekechukwu
29/06/2019
bobekene@gmail.com

Rt. Hon. Emeka Nkem Ihedioha, CON, KSC assumed office as the 5th Executive Governor of Imo State exactly 30 days ago. His coming to power wasn't as sweet as that of his predecessors for obvious reasons. Firstly, he came to power at a point in the history of the State where the economy and socio-political institutions were almost completely eroded by the misgovernance of his predecessor, Rochas Okorocha. It must be stated here that previous administrations of Achike Udenwa, Ikedi Ohakim and even Rochas Okorocha had the benefits of a formal hand-over which enabled them to easily commence work. But Rt. Hon Ihedioha didn't enjoy such privileges of a formal hand-over from Okorocha which would have enabled him to kickstart his government in earnest. Instead, he inherited nothing and a series of landmine set by Okorocha to truncate his administration. However, in spite of all these he was able to navigate through these obstacles to commence effective governance of the State.

The reason why Okorocha failed woefully is because he was neither formally or informally prepared to lead the State. That accounted for the jamboree that was witnessed in the last 8 years that made the State a by-word in the Country. The Governor's political sagacity and administrative competence is not surprising because he is inarguably the most prepared cum experienced of those that had governed the State. Having been 12 years as a Federal Lawmaker, 4 of which he served as Deputy-Speaker and Speaker of the House of Representatives before becoming Governor; such invalubale experience can't be wished away at all. This experience and preparedness is expressed in every step the Governor has taken so far in the governance of the State.

His Excellency, through his Rebuild Imo Agenda has devised series of pragmatic programmes to revive the fortunes of the State. He started with restoring the Rule of Law by first appointing Barr. Ndukwe Nnawuchi (SAN), Attornery-General to guide the government to act in accordance with the Law. In a bid to also enshrine accountability and transparency he appointed Mr. Pascal Egwim, Director-General/CEO Bureau of Public Procurement and Price Intelligence in accordance with the provisions of the Law. He waited for the resolution of the House of Assembly before dissolving the Chairmen of LGA Councils, Boards and Parastals. He didnt interfer with the elections of the House of Assembly principal officers but allowed members to chose their leaders. He unified the State by virtue of his dispassionate appointments which covered the 27 LGAs of the State. These appointments carried along both women and youths such as the 29 year old AIC Akwarandu, Special Assistant on New Media amongst others . It is also on record that 81 women are among the political appointees so far out of which 4 are Transition Committee Chairmen. Thus far, it is crystal clear that the Governor by reason of his appointments has carried everyone along.

In the area of environmetal transformation, the Governor's Go Green, Stay Clean programme is already changing the face of the State capital by removing the refuse dumps that once marred the environment. In addition, the Tree Planting project which intends to beautify the capital city and bring in fresh air is already in top gear. In the area of provision of social amenities, he is already at work. The State Government has declared a state of emergency in the area of infrastructure. As a result and for the first time in so many years the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has commenced quality road construction in the State, starting from the New Owerri area. These projects were ab initio delayed by the obviously selfish and negligent attitude of Okorocha's government. The Governor also established a Task Force on Infrastructure which has already commenced operation zero potholes and massive road repairs. The Task Force is also refurbishing the Dan Anyiam and Grasshopper International Stadium to standard.

On provision of portable water, Imo has also secured about $130m grant from World Bank for the reactivation of the moribund Imo Water Board Corporation. This means that very soon there will be pipe borne water in the State, which has never happened in the last 20 years. In the area of electricity, the State government has embarked on the reactivation and completion of power sub-stations under construction in the State such as the Ibeku power sub-station Aboh Mbaise. These sub-stations when completed will ensure regular power supply in those areas. On Agriculture, the government is partnering with foreign investors from Morroco and Netherlands to revive the moribund Avutu Poultry Farm in Obowo LGA. When this is done, employment will be created for thousands of Imolites while food production in the State will be boosted.

The economy is also receiving a big boost as foreign investors such as the World Bank, AfriExim Bank, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have all indicated interest in partnering with the government to develop the State. The educational sector is not left out as the government's Technical Education Masterplan is billed to resuscitate technical education and skill acquisition which is a precursor for industrialization. This Masterplan is being augmented by the government's plan to reactivate the 4 Technical Colleges in Ahiara, Orsu, Orlu and Owerri. When all these are done, Imo State will become an industrial hub which can favourably compete with Aba and Onitsha. On security, the Governor's appointment of Raymond Nkemdirim, a former senior Intelligence officer with the Department of State Services(DSS) as Special Adviser on Security is an example of putting a round peg in a round hole. Imo State was expected to boil as the citizens were reportedly angry over Okorocha's imperial rule and had wanted to mob the outgoing Governor and his family members on May 29. It took the Governor's intervention to quell the uproar. Since then the State has experienced peace and security. The Governor has also demonstrated his concern over workers welfare by restoring their salary to 100% from the 70% Okorocha paid by Okorocha's government.

Despite the deliberate plot of ex-governor Rochas Okorocha to undermine this government, the Governor was able to surmount the challenges and come out stronger. All these great milestones wouldn't have been achievable in a short period, if the Governor is incompetent and didn't assemble competent persons to work with him. Looking at the foregoing, any discerning person can easily say that Rt.Hon.Emeka Ihedioha's first 30 days in office is indeed a lesson in good governance.
re-asphalting work done by Rochas is now seen as his good work? Someone should tell me something I don't know. Well, I still give him credit because he's now coming up with something instead of the initial witch-hunting
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by BeijinDossier: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2019
Tell us about your backward and dead Abia state

[s]
B2mario:
re-asphalting work done by Rochas is now seen as his good work? Someone should tell me something I don't know. Well, I still give him credit because he's now coming up with something instead of the initial witch-hunting
[/s]
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2019
Mkpakala:

Bro I am not one to insult someone online because it's unnecessary. I just called her out on lies she posted and she turned it to roforofo fight.

Please let goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Getbizzzy: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
Mkpakala:

Stop spewing and posting rubbish, I am in Imo state Ihedioha has not done anything even the may salaries came the same amount that rochas was paying. He said the 100% supposed to be implemented on may salaries so why did he paid the same amount and pensioners have not collected any dime even when rochas made it clear in his handover note that 5bilion was mapped out for that. Quit deceiving people online before you incure the wrath meant for someone else.

...and as the Fool's champion of Nairaland that you are, you forgot in your empty skull you call head that salary vouchers are prepared by the middle of every month and the new government was only sworn in by the 29th of the month - how were you expecting the new salary scale to reflect when the announcement was made after May 29th? Do you now see that you are the undisputed fool champion of Nairaland?
The new salary scheme will reflect this month (June).
Next time reason before polluting the public space with smelly ignorance.

And again, you said that your iberiberism Governor left 5b Naira for payment of pension - so why save the money for the new governor to pay pensioners if it was really there?

Is there any law that stopped him from paying the pensioners? Why wait since all the whole 8yrs only to save it for his successor? Do you see how STUP*D you sound, can you listen to your cheap lies?

Fact: there was no any N5b left anywhere for the new governor because if it was there, the ex governor could have looted it like he did since the last 8yrs and that's why the pensioners are owed over 30 salary arrears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
Getbizzzy:

Is there any law that stopped him from paying the pensioners? Why wait since all the whole 8yrs only to save it for his successor? Do you see how STUP*D you sound, can you listen to your cheap lies?

Fact: there was no any N5b left anywhere for the new governor because if it was there, the ex governor could have looted it like he did since the last 8yrs and that's why the pensioners are owed over 30 salary arrears.

Okorocha is undoubtedly one of the biggest fools to ever hold a leadership position in Nigeria and we have had many. The man is a sociopath with zero conscience. He watched retirees in their old age starve due to non-payment of their pensions and was building statues and vanity projects.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by B2mario(m): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2019
Juliet11111:
30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Things Gov. Emeka Ihedioha Has Achieved!

By: Ambrose Nwaogwugwu

Exactly 30 days ago, history was made in Imo state when His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC was sworn-in as the 6th democratically elected governor of Imo state.

For a man who campaigned on the backdrops of rebuilding a destroyed and looted state, Gov. Ihedioha wasted no time in setting the balls rolling as he immediately swung into action with his RebuildImo agenda.

I have listed some of the achievements in deliberate state government policies that will greatly be of immense benefits to our people.

They are as follows:

1. He ordered for 100% Salary for Imo civil servants.

In fufiling his campaign promises where he assured Imo workers of good working conditions and full remuneration against the half salary regime of the immediate past administration of Gov. Rochas Okorocha, Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the payment of 100% salary scheme for all Imo workers which the past governor paid only 70% for 8yrs.

Every incoming government does somethings like this. Ihedioha has only backlog of pension arrears while Rochas during his time cleared both backlog of pension and salary arrears

Juliet11111:

2. Striking Doctors called off strike action after the governor reached a truce with them. One of the first things that the new governor of Imo State did was meeting with striking doctors and health workers in the state to resume work.

Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the resumption of work by striking doctors that downed their tools since over 4months of the last administration - thereby saving many casualties that could have been recorded as a result of continued strikes of doctors and other health workers. Because the well-being of Imo people were of very high priority, he saw the returning of the striking doctors to attend to sick Imolites as a first grade matter requiring of urgent attention.

3. He opened Striking IMO Poly for full academic activities.

Again, as a compassionate governor who places high premium for the needs of his subjects, Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the resumption of full Academic activities for Imo poly that has been on strike for over 4months there by bringing back our children back to school.

these ones if truly done is a welcome development, but let him ensure that he grant their request so as to perpetually end this issue because this issue started during the time of Udenwa.

Juliet11111:

4. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for the opening of Douglas road to allow the free flow of traffic for ease of movement for Owerri residents. For those conversant with Owerri would know the full potentials of that road as it is one of the major economic roads in Owerri.

Can this one be listed as an achievement? The road was closed because it was under expansion and traders of the former Ekeukwu were still trading along the road. Ask them to vacate and you finish the expansion, simple.

Not only opening the road, has he completed the expansion?

Juliet11111:

5. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha ordered for a stop to the dredging of sands by illegal miners which posed a great environmental harm for residents of Owerri. The activities of these illegal sand miners constituted by the past administration posed not just environmental damages, it also posed great economic sabotage to the state as revenues were siphoned to purses of Ex governor Okorocha's family members instead of that of the state government.

Why must this man call Rochas' name in every little thing, dredging of sand has been the occupation of local Owerri people just as the crushing and cracking of stones is the local occupation of people in the northern axis of Orlu zone and some part of Anambra. He stopped these people from their source of livelihood and still lied over the issue. Dredging of sand and cracking of stone in Imo state have been since time Immemorial

Juliet11111:

6. Gov. Emeka Ihedioha restored the sanctity of due process and rule of law in place in government as he can be seen following normal procedures at public places.....and as he seemed to have been nickened by Imo people as "Mr. Due Process".

I don't see this one as anything. Rochas flattered some due processes so as open up Owerri. Owerri people used court to resist Rochas developmental stride in all ramifications starting from the initial plan of Imsu relocation, Dan Anyiam stadium relocation, to Ekeukwu market relocation. He used kitgloove in treating the issue of IMSU and Dan Anyiam stadium (that's why we can see the Eastern palm University Ogboko in the site meant for new IMSU and the 2 stadia in Orlu and Okigwe in place of the planned Dan Anyiam stadium in Owerri) but changed when he discovered that if he continues like that he will virtually achieve nothing.

Juliet11111:

7. He commenced work on abandoned 132/33KVA power Sub stations.

In order to uplift the industrial revolution in the state, Gov. Ihedioha has ordered for immediate commencement on the 132/33KVA power Sub station in Ibeku Okwuato and in Ideato Nation.

They will also kick-off work simultaneously on both sites to ensure that they are activated to serve the people of Imo State.
These were some of the projects His Excellency attracted while at House of Representatives as the Deputy Speaker during the regime of President Good luck Jonathan but were sadly abandoned when he left office in 2015 as the immediate past governor could not constinue on the said projects.

This is a federal government project, why is he taking the credit? Let him call on the federal government to continue the project and the one of Egbema power plant

Juliet11111:

9. ISOPEDEC was returned to Ohaji and Oguta people.

In line with his campaign promises of returning the ISOPADEC to the real owners which are the people of Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta, H. E Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha has handed the oil producing LGA's agency to the right owners are of where the 13% derivative funds will solely be used for the betterment of the oil producing areas that have known devastation due to the activities of oil exploration on their lands.
Good

Juliet11111:

10. He has started recovering the stolen properties of Imo state government.

Another feat that our governor has achieved is the setting up of the Recovery team which has so far made some mouth watering recoveries of government properties looted by ex governor Rochas Okorocha and his thieving family members.

First, the School of Nursing and midwifery in Opkoro in Orlu LGA that was moved to ex governor Okorocha's home town on Ogboko and converted to his private school has so far being recovered and returned to Imo people.

Many government properties especially vehicles have been recovered as the recovery exercise are still on course and many more properties like immovable ones will be the next focus.

This man must be sick, why is he intimidating his predecessor and destroying the good policies he put on ground. It is on record that Rochas constructed and established 10 higher institutions in Imo state, which included the Imo state school of nursing and health technology Okporo and Imo state school of nursing and midwifery Ogboko. But Ihedioha trying to fight Rochas and destroy his legacies wanted to close all these schools which have already received accreditation from NUC. He shut down the Imo state University of Agriculture and Environmental sciences Umuagwo and returned the polytechnic which has already been relocated to Onuimo back to the site. He chased the students and management of Imo state school of nursing and midwifery Ogboko and vandalized the campus, when he received condemnation he then claimed that he wanted to boost the Okporo campus that Rochas relocated the school to his country home while the two schools were established by Rochas and are meant to serve different purposes.

Ihedioha the master of propaganda forgot that the two higher institutions were established by Rochas just that Okporo campus started academic activities earlier before Ogboko.
Pls right thinking people in Imo state should advise this educated illiterate to open and upgrade these schools because they will aid in enhancing imo IGR. Today, from this report he claimed that the Ogboko compus is a private, while it's still bearing the name Imo state. The only known private institution that was established during Rochas administration is the Eastern palm University Ogboko which is still controversial.

Juliet11111:

11. State of emergency declared on public infrastructure.
To show it's seriousness, the governor has approved N49million specifically for the Otamiri water.

The Otamiri water project is a public infrastructure that has been allowed to ruin in comatose. The public water infrastructure services the entire town in water supply as it was the reason that no public tap ran during the 8yrs that Okorocha held sway as the governor.

Not a single borehole was sunk in any of the community in Imo for these 8 wasted years of ex governor Okorocha and no drop of tap water ran in the whole state.

Due to the urgency it required, he promptly declared a state of emergency on the scheme and released the sum of 49 million Naira for the immediate take off of the rehabilitation project.

In the state of emergency on public infrastructure regime - these other public infrastructure are to receive immediate attention and they include: the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede-Ihiagwa-Obinze Road, Assumpta-Control Post axis, Mgbidi-Oguta Road, MCC-Toronto Junction, Aba Branch-Mbaise Road, among others.

This is another way of siphoning the N45 billion left by Rochas.
There's already infrastructure in Imo state this thread and ranking of the most developed states of Nigeria can attest to that, just maintain and upgrade them as Rochas did. And also I wouldn't advise any government in southeast to sink borehole since individuals are doing that by themselves, the only thing government can do is to set up a board that will be monitoring the standard and the quality of the water as it's being done in Abia state.

Juliet11111:

12. Avuto Poultry coming back to life.

The governor has also constituted a team that are now currently working in the Avutu poultry as both foreign and local investors are assessing the best ways to revitalise the state owned agric firm to start earning money for Imo people again.
good one!

Juliet11111:

13. N20m debt from judgements revisited.

As Mr. Due process who respects the rule of law and constituted authorities - Governor Ihedioha through the state Attorney General has asked all the people who won court cases against the state government in the last 8yrs reign of Okorocha to come forward with their claims for a possible repayment plan.

Recall that the ex governor Rochas Okorocha never hornored any court judgement against the state government for 8yrs as judgement debts were in excess of over 20 Billion Naira layed ambush for the new government.

Now, the governor as a law abiding citizen is reviewing the records with the view of settling them.

Government of lies and propaganda, it shall never be well with this man. We've heard and seen N20BILLION and N20MILLION , so which one should one take?

Pls we need clarification, this man like inflicting prices.

Juliet11111:

14. Imo pensioners to smile again.

In fulfilment of his campaign promises of paying Imo pensioners who are being owed over 30months salary arrears, the governor has constituted a team that will review the pension matters with the views of clearing the pension of our senior citizens.

Recall also that for 8yrs, the immediate past governor Rochas Okorocha deducted pension cuts from worker's monthly pays but never remitted same to the Nigeria pension fund as all the worker's monthly salary deduction for pensions ended up in individual accounts instead of the pension funds, hence the inability of pension payment running to the tune of over 50billion Naira.

He cleared the backlog inherited from his predecessors. And mind you, this issue that is being used to crucify Rochas, most states are owing X8 of what Imo is owing, they've not paid workers' salaries talk more of pensions.

Juliet11111:

15. He ordered Dan Anyiam Stadium To receive a comprehensive facelift.

Words has been backed with commensurate actions as works for the commencement of the comprehensive facelift of Dan Ayiam stadium and the Grasshoppers stadium was not left in the plan.

this one is not something of jubilation. Rochas wanted to demolish it entirely and build new one but was resisted by Owerri people.

Juliet11111:

16. He refused and rejected the offer of Ruga settlements for Fulani herdsmen in Imo, in line with personal the south east governor's forum position. This is a further step in securing the lives and properties of the state as many other security matters are discreetly being carried out which of course, I can not reel out here.

These were the key things that His Excellency has achieved within 30 days in office as Imo state governor.

Note the words: "Key points" as there are many others strives already achieved which if I continue listing them, the space will not be able to contain them.

As we await for other mouth watering policies of the RebuildImo government which will soon unfold, let us commend the governor for keeping to his words as being a responsible and proactive governor responsive to the demands of Imo people.

Indeed, we can now beat our chests and make bold to proclaim that we now have a governor in the person of His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC. Omenkeahuruanya n'ezie.

The era of impunity, iberiberism system of governance, disobedience to rule of law and lack of due process are forever gone in Imo.

Indeed, a new Imo in which we all can be proud of is born.

To God be the glory!

This one is not an achievement. Who is the idiot in southeast that will give our portion of land for establishment of fulani colony while Sokoto and Kaduna states each are larger than our states put together. Can federal government grant the allocation of lands for the establishment of Igbo business colonies in the states of Sokoto, zamfara, Kano and Kaduna?

Whatever federal government wants to establish, Sokoto state alone can provide the land. So if there's no ulterrior motive attached to the plan let them establish everything they intend to establish in the north and leave southeast alone. We have limited land for crying out loud.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by B2mario(m): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2019
CzarChris:
I pity your sense of comprehension.
Make your brain no scatter as you dey try justify the 8years of waste your own paymaster okorocha bedeviled Imo people with.

Nonsense!!!

Oga he's right. This is not an achievement, period. The man is very confused.
Re: Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. by BeijinDossier: 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2019
Show us what your fat incompetent gov achieved in your dead Abia state.

Pic: Aba

[s]
B2mario:

Oga he's right. This is not an achievement, period. The man is very confused.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Continued To Receive Salaries Months After Resignation - Gazette / Senator Ojudu Abandons Daughter, Moremi Ojudu Over Facebook Post - Ajayi Oluwole / Lekki Tollgate: Chizoba Agu's Sister Speaks On Her Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.