Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria (46269 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). / Oyan, A Nigerian Town With People In All Countries Of The World / Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Soul47(m): 7:57am On Jul 01, 2019
maybachmusic:

Does not come cheap

Average machine cost 700k

The rig you see in the pix below at agip estate uses a lot of power and cost million's

Each machine does like 10k a day in profit

I was scouting in Ibadan last week. Will also check bonny island
But light has to be steady

Ahhh... But bro that picture is not from your rig, it's a YouTube video from CryptoBros.

Easy.

You still haven't replied me on how to get the decred miner.

Your response will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by ubandawaki: 8:18am On Jul 01, 2019
Op I am from kebbi birnin kebbi specifically, 20hr or even more is guarantee over here and it is among the top three most secured States in naija with cheap lifestyle the only problem is on a sunny day,there sun no be here.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:21am On Jul 01, 2019
grandstar:

I'm from Ondo town and light there is barely 6 hours a day!

Are you sure Adeyemi has up to even 10 hours of light?
I said Ayeyemi not Adeyemi.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by dotedote: 8:24am On Jul 01, 2019
Somewhere around Sango Otta. You're sure of 21 hours/day minimum.
Lemme know if you're interested.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 8:28am On Jul 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

I said Ayeyemi not Adeyemi.

Where's Ayeyemi?
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by MissyKwnly: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2019
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:38am On Jul 01, 2019
grandstar:

Where's Ayeyemi?
So you are in Ondo town and you don't know Ayeyemi. I'm not sure you're in Ondo town then cuz Ayeyemi is one of the most popular area in Ondo.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by dnoble0831: 8:45am On Jul 01, 2019
Go to Ilorin, Ganmo area, u can be sure of upto 20hrs of light.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2019
Soul47:

Ahhh... But bro that picture is not from your rig, it's a YouTube video from CryptoBros.

Easy.

Its a sample of what a rig looks like

Used same arrangement on mine

You can order miner from eBay and aliexpress
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Emtol01: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2019
When considering cheap accommodation, constant electricity supply, security, and minimal social life, Oshogbo is your best bet. Be rest assured of at least 20 hrs power supply daily.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by neutralmind: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2019
Osogbo all the way... Peaceful, affordable rent and constant power supply.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by lucia6: 9:20am On Jul 01, 2019
Yes JEBBA NORTH, specifically KARA market, 22 hrs per day. Or Lowcost PowerLine area Ede in Osun State at least u will get like 20hrs per day.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Toofan007: 9:24am On Jul 01, 2019
You heard of Omu-aran in Irepodun local government, Kwara state?

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by cj4humanity: 9:34am On Jul 01, 2019
Jos South, Rayfield precisely One of the safest place in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Flipmac(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2019
Slikbae:
Pls shut up and stop mongering fear.
I was born and raised in PH and have never experienced security issues. Stop confusing the entirety of Rivers State with PH. There is no where in PH or even Rivers State where people carry guns about. The only violent place in Rivers is Omoku and even that issue is blown out of proportion because my sister is a lawyer who regularly visits the court there and has never witnessed crisis. I also know a pastor who lives peacefully there with his family of 8. Stop saying trash please.

Also, Woji has 24/7 light without interruption (except when it rains) and security is top notch.
You're both right. There are both safe and unsafe places in Rivers state and the capital: Port Harcourt.
Yes, you can find a teenage cultist with a gun in ogbanabali.

2 Likes

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Jerryolumide(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,
I work online as a freelancer on fiverr. I'm currently seeking a cheap town or place in Nigeria that I can get good supply of electricity (at least $12 hours or more). This is to enable me do online jobs and cut cost of buying petrol.
I would prefer somewhere cheap where I can get a decent self contain accommodation for around 70k. Also, I would like a place that has good security.

There's an old thread similar to this opened by a freelancer a few years ago but sadly I can't find it.

Please give me suggestions. I hear oshogbo is good choice.

Any other suggestions? Be as specific as possible. Thanks.
are you considering any northern state?
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Flipmac(m): 9:56am On Jul 01, 2019
Soul47:

Easy.

3 Likes

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Flipmac(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2019
I couldn't respond to everyone because I got over 150 mentions. But you guys have easily solved the problem of electricity for me and other freelance workers.
I am deeply grateful. Thank you all!!

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Flipmac(m): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2019
ubandawaki:
Op I am from kebbi birnin kebbi specifically, 20hr or even more is guarantee over here and it is among the top three most secured States in naija with cheap lifestyle the only problem is on a sunny day,there sun no be here.
You're right. I was in kebbi in 2011. I thought I was gonna melt lol.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

So you are in Ondo town and you don't know Ayeyemi. I'm not sure you're in Ondo town then cuz Ayeyemi is one of the most popular area in Ondo.

I'm on my way there now from Lagos. I don't live there but visit there almost every month I do move about town but not that much.

When I get to Ondo, I'll enquire. My granddad's house is at Okedasa

My mum is from the Fidipote line. The Osemawe is an an inlaw
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Soul47(m): 10:12am On Jul 01, 2019
maybachmusic:

Its a sample of what a rig looks like

Used same arrangement on mine

You can order miner from eBay and aliexpress

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:19am On Jul 01, 2019
grandstar:

I'm on my way there now from Lagos. I don't live there but visit there almost every month I do move about town but not that much.

When I get to Ondo, I'll enquire. My granddad's house is at Okedasa

My mum is from the Fidipote line. The Osemawe is an an inlaw
That's good. Ayeyemi is just along Osemawe's Palace. Off that road. Everyone knows there.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 10:59am On Jul 01, 2019
Bullionairemind:
@OP,
What you need in summary, is stable electricity for your freelancing business.

You can easily overcome your electricity challenge by getting a solar system and cut off generators and petrol from your life completely.

Visit elektrifysolar.com and drop a request mail lets help you

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by viktor17: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:

Kai. That means I need to budget like 100k for self con. Thanks for the info.
With a budget of 100 -140k, you will get it. A place with steady electricity, water. security and a minimum of 15 hours electricity daily . Language barrier won't really be an issue. Cos Ibadan people are a bit learned. Abi I lie Ibadan people?
All in all, working within that amount will get you a comfortable place in Ibadan. Cost of living is okay in Ibadan, transportation. So I'd say Ibadan is a good place, don't know about osogbo since I don't live there. Good luck
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Clentuzbaba(m): 11:11am On Jul 01, 2019
The place u r looking for is Ikere Ekiti, 5minutes drive from d state capital and d 2nd largest town in Ekiti state after d capital. plus dre is hardly a state wt gd road ntwrk like Ekiti so chk dese facts out and make urself d best choice.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by jeff1607(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,
I work online as a freelancer on fiverr. I'm currently seeking a cheap town or place in Nigeria that I can get good supply of electricity (at least $12 hours or more). This is to enable me do online jobs and cut cost of buying petrol.
I would prefer somewhere cheap where I can get a decent self contain accommodation for around 70k. Also, I would like a place that has good security.

There's an old thread similar to this opened by a freelancer a few years ago but sadly I can't find it.

Please give me suggestions. I hear oshogbo is good choice.

Any other suggestions? Be as specific as possible. Thanks.

say no more, try ogun state , igere community or Agbara Estate all in Agbara 20hrs electricity, stable network.,
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Bawofss(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
this is a very good thread, I av learnt a lot. thank everyone.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nursy(f): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:

Thanks.
But I'm from bayelsa though so I don't speak yoruba. Do you think language would be a barrier?
Hello I served at the general hospital at okolobiri in bayelsa and stayed at abuna street ( street after okolobiri) and it used to be 24hrs power supply cos of the NLG nearby. Don't know about now but find out. Its Abuna with the constant power supply n not okolobiri o.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Bawofss(m): 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
I think i should be relocating to osogbo.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by seuncyrus(m): 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
dokiOloye:

Keffi kwa?
Na absence of light for GRA make me run go Karu site.
Surprised no one has mentioned Ajaokuta.

seriously ? things have changed oh. I served in Keffi and all through out that period we had very steady power supply .
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by ebenope(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
Osogbo the best for you, you will access up to 16hours per day
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by lekankolade(m): 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
fowlyansh181:
what about a flat of 150 to 200k ? Is it possible in those area?

NO....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lagos City: Allen Avenue And Opebi In Pictures (Video) / 10 Exotic Vacations Nigerians Can Take Without A Visa / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.