Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community (9136 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Agatu In Benue, Kill 16 (Graphic Photos) / Soldiers Arrest Fulani Herdsmen Planning Attack On Benue Community / Man Killed By Fulani Herdsmen After Police IG Left Benue Community. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by fergie001: 5:35am On Jul 01, 2019
It was a black Sunday for the people of Agatu Local Council of Benue State, as 12 persons were reportedly killed at Okokolo settlement by youths suspected to be hired militia from Abugbe community in the early hours of yesterday.
But confirming the crisis, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for the state command, Catherine Anene, put the casualty figure at 10.

The spokesperson, who said the cause of the crisis was yet unknown, noted that investigation into the matter was ongoing.

The Guardian gathered from sources in the area that the killers also set homes ablaze while the villagers were still in churches.

Former supervisory councillor for Agatu, John Ikwulono, who spoke to The Guardian on phone, described the attack as barbaric, unwarranted and inhuman.

According to Ikwulono, the attack was coming amid series of meetings called to make peace between the two communities over their time-honoured dispute.

“Just yesterday, (Saturday), Agbaduma and Abugbe communities, it was gathered, signed peace agreement and promised to remain peaceful and ensure that there would be no further problem among them,” he told The Guardian yesterday.

Mr. Ikwulono gave names of those killed in the attack as Mr. Baba Odoje, Mr. Shaidu Magaji (a retired military man), Mr. Oloche Obiabo (popularly called ‘Kaddo’), Mr. Adehi Imaikwu and Mr. Maji Baba.

Others are Ngbede Ibrahim (Ejeh-Akpabana son), Bello Gene-Galih, Mr. Ekoja (Olundo’s husband), Adams Dogara (Pst. Dogara’s son), the late Francis Idu’s wife and her two children.

He said there might be more deaths, as some persons were still missing, adding that some persons, including Mrs. Mary Adakonye, a health worker, sustained bullet wounds and had been rushed to a hospital for medical attention.

When contacted, the caretaker chairman of Agatu, Usman Alilu, said he directed the soldiers to the area to arrest and deal decisively with the perpetrators of the evil.

Also, Benue PDP chairman, John Ngbede, an indigene of Agatu, expressed bitterness over the crisis, which he described as unfortunate.

Ngbede, in a telephone interview, said he had informed the caretaker chairman to make sure that soldiers picked everyone involved in the attack.

“Even if it is a stone you find there, pick them up and deal with them mercilessly.

“This situation, if not properly handled, is capable of destroying the entire Agatu. There may be no place to call Agatu in the nearest future. God forbid anyway. This is my candid advice to our leaders. I appreciate all those with genuine intentions to bring peace to the area, but those instigating crisis in the area shall know no peace for the rest of their lives,” Ngbede added.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/suspected-militia-kills-12-in-benue-community
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Tocynone(m): 5:50am On Jul 01, 2019
Mr President, please declare state of emergency on security sector. It's getting worse day by day

4 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by nzeobi(m): 5:56am On Jul 01, 2019
indeed Nigerians are useless and only good in sex.

8 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 01, 2019
The problem again is that in disputes at the village and rural level, people don't trust the police.

They prefer to hire millitia

5 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Auxtin85(m): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2019
10 or 12 are they not human being, before 10 people were killed where were the police?

Na Unarmed citizens body dem dey flex muscles

3 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Seetto: 6:57am On Jul 01, 2019
Benue state is the state of the living death and mortuary, suicide mission crooners should kindly locate to the state..

3 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2019
fergie001:
It was a black Sunday for the people of Agatu Local Council of Benue State, as 12 persons were reportedly killed at Okokolo settlement by youths suspected to be hired militia from Abugbe community in the early hours of yesterday.
But confirming the crisis, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for the state command, Catherine Anene, put the casualty figure at 10.

The spokesperson, who said the cause of the crisis was yet unknown, noted that investigation into the matter was ongoing.

The Guardian gathered from sources in the area that the killers also set homes ablaze while the villagers were still in churches.

Former supervisory councillor for Agatu, John Ikwulono, who spoke to The Guardian on phone, described the attack as barbaric, unwarranted and inhuman.

According to Ikwulono, the attack was coming amid series of meetings called to make peace between the two communities over their time-honoured dispute.

“Just yesterday, (Saturday), Agbaduma and Abugbe communities, it was gathered, signed peace agreement and promised to remain peaceful and ensure that there would be no further problem among them,” he told The Guardian yesterday.

Mr. Ikwulono gave names of those killed in the attack as Mr. Baba Odoje, Mr. Shaidu Magaji (a retired military man), Mr. Oloche Obiabo (popularly called ‘Kaddo’), Mr. Adehi Imaikwu and Mr. Maji Baba.

Others are Ngbede Ibrahim (Ejeh-Akpabana son), Bello Gene-Galih, Mr. Ekoja (Olundo’s husband), Adams Dogara (Pst. Dogara’s son), the late Francis Idu’s wife and her two children.

He said there might be more deaths, as some persons were still missing, adding that some persons, including Mrs. Mary Adakonye, a health worker, sustained bullet wounds and had been rushed to a hospital for medical attention.

When contacted, the caretaker chairman of Agatu, Usman Alilu, said he directed the soldiers to the area to arrest and deal decisively with the perpetrators of the evil.

Also, Benue PDP chairman, John Ngbede, an indigene of Agatu, expressed bitterness over the crisis, which he described as unfortunate.

Ngbede, in a telephone interview, said he had informed the caretaker chairman to make sure that soldiers picked everyone involved in the attack.

“Even if it is a stone you find there, pick them up and deal with them mercilessly.

“This situation, if not properly handled, is capable of destroying the entire Agatu. There may be no place to call Agatu in the nearest future. God forbid anyway. This is my candid advice to our leaders. I appreciate all those with genuine intentions to bring peace to the area, but those instigating crisis in the area shall know no peace for the rest of their lives,” Ngbede added.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/suspected-militia-kills-12-in-benue-community

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun
Benue state remains a tribal war mongers. Since the time of Late President Shehu Shagari. They need attitude and moral changes. A typical Tiv man can fight at a drop of pin

2 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Kingosytex(m): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
These killings need to stop for Christ's sake. These killings are unwanted and its not gonna take the nation forward.

The aggrieved folks should give peace and love a chance to rule in their lives.

Rest in peace to the departed souls

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by itsme01: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
embarassed

A standard issued Pump Action single barrel Gun is between N250k - N350k and to license it cost less than 10 thousand Naira in all state police command.. Each State Governor earns minimum of 500 million naira to 1 billion naira monthly for secuirity votes, LGA chairmen earn between N2million to N3million for such, Normally Govvernors can protect their citizens if they are serious about it, our present Laws permit armed Vigilante groups and citizens owning game riffles...

2 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by SuperBlack: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
Ok,
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Elemosho478: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
The security can't do much if tribes are hellbent on killing each other

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by badmrkt(m): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
Lets protest. oh, hold up a bit, they are not celebrities so no need.

2 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Ngwamankillyou(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
A patriotic Nigerian should do us a favour by assassinating the useless president.
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by NOC1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
If you are a good student of History you will know that Benue crisis has nothing to do with fulani herdsmen, it has always been communal clashes. The governor Ortom knowing that it will be difficult for him to secure his ticket from APC decided to play the fulani card, which worked for him because fulani herdsmen has made bad name for themselves.
immediately after his movement to PDP the narrative of the clash has changed to tribal war, some even called out TY Danjuma.
when we allow ourselves to be played and used by politicians we the ordinary masses who condoned and conceal the crimes will leave to suffer the consequences.
RIP to the death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by KanuSE: 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
Ok
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by phreakabit(m): 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
UNPROVOKED KILLINGS AGAIN!
The message is clear, you must accept RUGA SETTLEMENTS and gives us your lands, or keep dying.
Everybody can see what is happening....

1 Like

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by KanuSE: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
lantro:
Important Info to anyone with the dream of relocating to canada

1. How anyone Successfully Relocate to Canada as a Permanent Resident Without Wasting a Kobo on Agents
2. How to easily get high paying jobs in Canada.
3. The High-Score IELTS Program that any could use to get a minimum of 7.5 band score.

For the Blueprint guide

Whats App : +1 431 302 8878

Do you reside in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Gentlewarrior1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
This Agatu people are weaklings no offence

How many times will they kill them beforw they stand up and defend themselves

Its like fulani is determined to own that community by fire by force.

I read a comment on fb where one fulani/hausa man said that benue state belongs to them even before now undecided
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by SMBH: 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
Later someone will tell me that Nigerians are religious... All I see everywhere is hypocrisy
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by KanuSE: 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:
A patriotic Nigerian should do us a favour by assassinating the useless president.

Are you not patriotic undecided and why would you wanna assassinate someone else's father, husband, uncle, in-law, friend for whatever reasons - indeed some Nigerians are vicious animals.

2 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by rusher14: 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2019
phreakabit:
UNPROVOKED KILLINGS AGAIN!
The message is clear, you must accept RUGA SETTLEMENTS and gives us your lands, or keep dying.
Everybody can see what is happening....

Read again.

2 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Ngwamankillyou(m): 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2019
KanuSE:

Are you not patriotic undecided and why would you wanna assassinate someone else's father, husband, uncle, in-law for whatever reasons - indeed some Nigerians are vicious animals.

Bro, give me good sniper and a nice tall building in Ibadan to do the work. I'm a patriot.
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Princedapace(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
nzeobi:
indeed Nigerians are useless and only good in sex.

Yea, have ever seen the description made by Lugard about Nigerians and black race generally? If u read that description he made decades ago, u would understand why the race is extremely under developed.

I will say this, forget sentiments, forget yeye patriotism, blacks are not fit to manage their own countries. Averagely, blacks, Nigerians in particular, cant differentiate between good and bad.

Wish i could lay my hands on Lugard's description of Nigerians, u maybe amazed if u are yet to read it. He gave a perfect description of the black race and Nigerians in particular. He pointed out that a typical Nigerian only cares about the moment, he does not care about tomorrow, he lacks capacity to be organized without strictness, etc. I was shocked becus he was 9%% accurate. Then another white south african said give blacks guns, they will begin to kill them selves, they love sex and alcohol and are unfit to rule them selves. grin

5 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Chibuzoc(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
Ruga things
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by KanuSE: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
badmrkt:
Lets protest. oh, hold up a bit, they are not celebrities so no need.

Better to protest on behalf of Busola Dakolo than to protest these incessant killings o grin

1 Like

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by phreakabit(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
rusher14:

Read again.

Thanks bro, I just did... Its Fulani herdsmen in disguise.
Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by rusher14: 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
phreakabit:

Thanks bro, I just did... Its Fulani herdsmen in disguise.

That's what you would tell the world whilst the perpetrators would be thanking you for covering for them.

2 Likes

Re: Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community by KanuSE: 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2019
Princedapace:

Yea, have ever seen the description made by Lugard about Nigerians and black race generally? If u read that description he made decades ago, u would understand why the race is extremely under developed.

I will say this, forget sentiments, forget yeye patriotism, blacks are not fit to manage their own countries. Averagely, blacks, Nigerians in particular, cant differentiate between good and bad.

Wish i could lay my hands on Lugard's description of Nigerians, u maybe amazed if u are yet to read it. He gave a perfect description of the black race and Nigerians in particular. He pointed out that a typical Nigerian only cares about the moment, he does not care about tomorrow, he lacks capacity to be organized without strictness, etc. I was shocked becus he was 9%% accurate. Then another white south african said give blacks guns, they will begin to kill them selves, they love sex and alcohol and are unfit to rule them selves. grin

The black man's brain is not well equipped - not fully developed.

The brain is complex in its dynamic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Caught Sleeping With Friend's Daughter (photos) / Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? / I Killed My Dad, Mum, 3 Siblings, Son Of Slain Sss Official Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.