Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,094 members, 7,852,698 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:06 AM

Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies (1582 Views)

Nigeria Prisons Denies Charles Okahs Death ( Setting The Records Straight) / Security Agencies Foil Attempt to Free Boko Haram Detainees In Lokoja / War On Terrorism: India Pledges To Train Nigerian Security - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by Igwe9(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2010
Is al-jazeera a radio station please?
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
Igwe.:

Is al-jazeera a radio station please?

You don't even know what AlJazeera is but you are quick to comment? TYpical!!!lol
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2010
9ijaMan:

Daily Trust learnt yesterday, the government had complained to the South African authorities on why Okah was allowed to talk to Al Jazeera while he is in detention.

[size=14pt]However, a senior security official told Daily Trust yesterday that under South African law, Okah as a mere suspect, is entitled to his phones and is permitted to make two phone calls each day.

In fact, the security official said, it had been made clear to the Nigerian government that Okah could be released on his next court appearance unless the government presents credible evidence linking him to the blasts. Some rights groups in that country had already started campaigning that Okah’s rights as a suspect must be respected.
[/size]
Their concern was heightened by the manner of his arrest in which about 20 armed policemen stormed his home to take him into custody. Few days later his house was searched again but that no incriminating evidence was found.

----------------

Thank you!
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by Faeb: 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Thank you!

[size=27pt]ROTFLMAO![/size]
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2010
@ Beaf sorry faeb, What happened to this statement below?:

"Okah is a drowning man" - President Jonathan

[size=15pt]Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe[/size] [size=15pt]| Awolowo Belewa[/size] soon to be appended = [size=15pt]Inconsistency incorporated![/size]
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by Igwe9(m): 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You don't even know what AlJazeera is but you are quick to comment? TYpical!!!lol
You ! lol  who the heck told you I was asking you?  grin I can forgive BBC for carrying Yaradua purported telephone interview in one of their bbc Hausa programs, but I can't forgive an international acclaimed T.V station that was supposed to feed us with visual images for taking a strange telephone call without confirming it's authenticity.
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by lovejo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2010
]WHEN IT COMES TO POLITICS WE ALWAYS SEE THE INNER BEING OF EACH OTHER, RICH GETTING RICHER, POOR GETTING POORER, AFTERALL THEIR ACCOUNT IS BECOME FAT AS THEY HAVE MORE DAYS LEFT IN OFFICE.

WE WILL BE ON THIS TILL THEY TURN THE FUTURE OF YOUTH TO NOTHING BUT UNFULFILLED DREAM, THEY SECURE FUTURE FOR THEIR GENERATION TO COME.

IF ANYONE LIVING IN ASO ROCK ON THIS THREAD OR GOVERNMENT HOUSE OR CHILDREN'S OF THE SENATOR OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, LET THEM TELL US OPENLY.( NONE IS HERE)

THEY ALWAYS PUT WE MASSES INTO CONFUSION, THEY ALL KNOW WHERE THEY ARE GOIN.

GOD GIVES THE YOUTH A NEW HOPE WE CAN HAVE CONFIDENCE ON, AS AT NOW, I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING GOOD COME OUT OF NIGERIA DEMOCRACY TILL AROUND 2035.

Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by Faeb: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

@ Beaf sorry faeb, What happened to this statement below?:

"Okah is a drowning man" - President Jonathan

Is Okah not a drowning man? Or do you have evidence that says otherwise? If you do, then tell us who set the bombs; failing that, why Okah should not have been charged with terrorism in SA. Tell us, we are waiting.
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by 9ijaMan: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

Is Okah not a drowning man? Or do you have evidence that says otherwise? If you do, then tell us who set the bombs; failing that, why Okah should not have been charged with terrorism in SA. Tell us, we are waiting.

Apparently you don't get it. Do you? GEJ says he's a drowning man, acknowledging that Okah was interviewed by Al-Jazeera, only for him to now make a full U-turn (as he always does) to claim the interview was fake.
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by blinx4real(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2010
I hope all the GEJ bashers will now see what we've been saying all along

My brother was faking my voice' says Okah 234Next

October 15, 2010 01:02PM
print email

The trial of Henry Okah resumes this morning in a Johannesburg courtroom with a gripping reading of excerpts from his diaries that were seized by South African police during a raid on his home.

Mr Okah was in the courtroom with his wife.

The prosecution read these out before listing its reasons for opposing Mr Okah's bail bid.

Some of the reasons listed for opposing the bid include: ‘Okah and Jomo Gbomo are one and the same person;' ‘applicant can easily exit this country without a trace;' ‘the applicant will attempt to intimidate and eliminate witnesses;' and ‘the applicant faces some of the most shocking charges known to man. , If released on bail and murdered, or escapes justice, the international community will criticise the justice system of the Republic.'

But the diary contains more shocking entries. These include:

‘We met with Orubebe, jonathan's desire to run for President. They require me to co-operate with so-called militants,'
‘Nearly everyone is a bounty hunter for me'
‘My brother, Charles has faked my voice and has been collecting money all this while, he has been negotiating a ceasefire claiming to be me. What treachery is this?'

The trial started yesterday and the judge is expected to rule on the bail request this afternoon
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2010
http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/okah-i-am-innocent-1.686478?showComments=true

Nigerian former militant leader Henry Okah was expected to appear in the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court for the second day of his bail hearing on Friday.

In his previous appearance on Thursday Okah looked comfortable in the dock during most part of the hearing and shared a smile and wink with his wife Azuka Okah who was seated in the public gallery.

The court heard evidence from the State opposing Okah's bail.

“The accused had an interview with Al-Jazeera television network without authorisation from the police,” said State prosecutor Shaun Abrahams.

This was one of the grounds the State would use to try and convince Magistrate Hein Louw to refuse the 45-year-old former Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) leader his bail.

A military uniform, data from computers and letters confiscated from Okah's home in Mondeor, south of Johannesburg, in the early hours of September 13, were also presented as evidence during the bail application.

In his affidavit, Okah denied any involvement in the October 1

dual car bombing that claimed 12 lives in Nigeria's capital Abuja.

“I am innocent and I challenge the State to give evidence linking me to the crime,” his attorney Rudi Krause read from the 32-page document.

He was arrested in Johannesburg a day after the attacks, after being identified as being “the mastermind behind the bombings”.

MEND claimed responsibility for the attacks, but denied Okah had been involved.

A former marine engineer, Okah said although he sympathised with the struggle of the poor in the oil-rich Nigeria, he had never involved himself in any violence.

He faces charges of engaging in terrorist activities, conspiracy to engage in terrorist activity, and delivering, placing and detonating an explosive device.

He currently holds permanent residency in South Africa and earns a living through his security company.

According to his affidavit, police and the army raided his house twice. These searches, one on September 13 and another on October 2, were illegal and did not find any incriminating evidence.

Okah recounted how he and his family were made to stand outside their house while police seized their cellphones and computers. He also questioned the logic behind his arrest on September 13 and subsequent release.

The Nigerian government could sentence him to death if he were to be extradited and found guilty of the crime.

Okah was arrested in Angola three years ago and transferred to Nigerian custody. He was released as part of an amnesty programme offered to militants in the Niger Delta, the heart of Nigeria's oil industry. - Sapa

so beaf, who is lying now?
Re: Okahs Al Jazeera Phone Call Fake - SA and Nigerian security agencies by 9ijaMan: 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2010
oyb:

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/okah-i-am-innocent-1.686478?showComments=true

so beaf, who is lying now?

Surely beaf will not respond to this!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanusi's Very Interesting Write Up On Sharia In Nigeria. / Nigeria Among Future Economic Powerhouse - Cnbc / Un House Bombing Attack In Nigeria: "plotters Were Arrested Before The Attack"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.