Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

I Have An Inferiority Complex - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have An Inferiority Complex (232 Views)

Inferiority Complex – Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment / Overcoming Inferiority Complex / Inferiority Complex Is A Mental Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have An Inferiority Complex by jollofmonster(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2019
Good day everyone reading this. Let me explain my story, I was born in Nigeria but moved to Germany when I was 4 years old and grew up in Germany and the UK.

And I have always been fascinated by my roots, heritage and culture (I'm igbo). Last year I took time off to spend it in Nigeria, i stayed there for 6 months and my goal was to learn Igbo and understand the way of life. Unfortunately I didn't manage to learn igbo in just 6 months ( which isn't surprising at all ) but I learned plenty of other things and valued my time there greatly.

One of my biggest motivations to have gone to Nigeria in the first place was an inferiority complex I've been battling with for many years.

I feel inferior to the general population of Nigeria, for having gone through things i cant even imagine, like federal boarding school, or university, cult involvements, torture by police etc.

Anytime my parents tell me stories about their boarding school experience it always makes me feel so much inferior for not having gone through the same struggles.

My life has been very easy compared to most ( in Nigeria). And now I'm back in Germany I feel like i still need to be in Nigeria as my training isn't complete.
Re: I Have An Inferiority Complex by Abfinest007(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
so na like this u like suffer.enjoy ur cornflakes jeje.if I hear chuu chuu
Re: I Have An Inferiority Complex by Davash222(m): 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
Hmmmm.

Village people seems to be at work here.

Bro, there’s an error in your last paragraph. To be frank with you, you seriously don’t need to be in Nigeria, at least not now.
Re: I Have An Inferiority Complex by meobizy(f): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2019
You have two options:

1. Come back home, dash me your green card and any bank accounts you own then stay in Nigeria while I go and take over your existence in Germany.

2. Start taking drugs, the stronger the better.
In a few years time you’ll become homeless, probably go to prison and suffer — living up to your fantasy of struggle and adversity.

1 Like

Re: I Have An Inferiority Complex by RESHARPENED: 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
Those who told you the stories about Nigeria must have been master storytellers. They successfully glorified suffering and hardship to the point of making you feel inadequate for not being one of the numerous victims of excruciating suffering.

I respect them very much!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Health Literacy - Benefits Of Breastfeeding For The Mom And Baby / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets After 20 Years Of Marriage Without A Child / Pill That Cures Erectile Dysfunction In Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.