Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,985 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Please Advice Me On What To Do - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Advice Me On What To Do (209 Views)

Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice / One Month Quit Notice... Please Advice (photo) / Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On What To Do by osolagun: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
My house rent expired on May 15th 2019 and I paid for another year on May 28th 2019 (June 2019 - May 2020). My landlady used to have issues with one of her tenants and the person usually to talk to my wife whenever she have issue with our landlady.

My landlady came to my apartment on June 10th 2019 and said that she will return my money because my wife was part of people conspiring against her. She said my money was still intact and she will like to return it that I should move out by month end (June).

Immidiately I and my wife went and got a place. I informed her that I have gotten a place that she should pay me my money so that I can pay for the apartment.

Below was her response in text message

"It is your decision to leave my house right now,not my own decision. As ur landlord if I want quit my house I will issue u quit notice.

However, as u have decided to pack out immediately this June I am not against ur decision u can go ahead. If u leave this June, I will refund u #275,000 at the end of this month but if u stay beyond this June or stay close to the end of your tenancy, I won't be under any obligation to refund any money to you.

Pls the choice is yours to go ahead with ur decision to move out this June & get a refund.Thank you."

I left her house on the 16th of June 2019. I sent her my account details today (1st July 2019) and she started saying she doesn't have money that she will pay me whenever she have money.

I told her to put it into writing she said no she can't write anything that my lawyer should call her. Please I need your advice on what to do.
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by Davash222(m): 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
Why did you move out when you’ve not collected your money??

You for first collect your money, then stay like 6 months extra before moving out. That’s what the law says.
Re: Please Advice Me On What To Do by ojun50(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
So you left with out even collecting yr money....... You hv plenty money that why...... Well done

yr money don enter voice mail

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Some Facts You Don't Know In The Law And Regulations Guiding Construction / Property For Sale!!! / 2 Bedroom Flat For Rent In Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.