Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion (1878 Views)

Aisha Buhari Reacts To Alleged Invasion Of Timi Dakolo’s Residence (pixs) / Biodun Fatoyinbo Will Rise Again – Fani-kayode Calls COZA Pastor ‘lover Of God’ / Abike Dabiri Supports Busola Dakolo On Rape Allegation Against Pastor Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs. Dakolo By Louis Odion
With more allegations eroding trust, the threat to sue only looks more like a familiar page from the sin manual of the proverbial guilty running when no one pursues.
BY LOUIS ODION JUL 02, 2019

Not only the charge against the preacher appears abominable, but his defence and the chorus of his supporters also sound even strange. What would make the sin of rape Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo is accused of more grave is the suspicion - let alone, the high probability - of deep trust being betrayed in the exploitation of the vulnerability of an under-age girl.

Thus, he trampled first on her dignity as human being, then robbing her pride as a woman.

Inferrable from Busola's narrative on her beginning is the absence of a father. That was the vacuum Fatoyinbo exploited. Her mom was not only pious, but also charitable enough to agree to share parental dominion over the sixteen-year-old with the clergy as the "spiritual father."

And the "Gucci Pastor" apparently began to thirst for something beyond the sonority of her voice as choir-girl in the musical interlude to his Sunday sermon at the Ilorin temple of the COZA ministry back then. According to Busola, Fatoyinbo started priming her for the carnal attack by ironically deploying ecclesiastical weapons: Christian books and sermons in audio. Being so close to the family, he knew the Sunday her mom and siblings couldn't make the service because they were out of town.

So, like a seasoned marksman, the stalker perfectly timed his raid for the first light of the next morning, a Monday. In nightgown, trusting Busola opened the door for a man she had innocently mistaken for "spiritual father," but who allegedly turned out to be a merciless hunter and could barely wait to fire his corked dane gun.

Apparently to wipe the faintest trace of fingerprint as well as foreclose possible foetal germination of any kind, a bottle of Krest (lemon soft drink) was reportedly brought and administered by the accused on the victim at the crime scene, almost immediately.

More in shock than the sensual consciousness of what just happened, all Busola could recall hearing next was: "You should be happy this was done to you by a man of God."

The assault, she recounted, was repeated another day, now in the open on a desolate street. And several more of such coital encounters.

What has given Busola's voice uncommon trenchancy on the national airwaves since the story broke last weekend is that she is not just a wedded mother of three but also wife of Timi Dokolo, a successful musician. (And the minstrel deserves a salute for extraordinary courage and character in standing by the wife to speak out in an environment that ordinarily promotes the culture of silence by feeding the fear of shame.)

By now telling her story, there is no doubt Busola is seeking healing for a trauma that must have haunted her over the years.

Mrs. Dakolo's testimony is only the latest in what has become an epidemic of accusations against Fatoyinbo in what would make the proverbial randy he-goat look like a novice. In 2013, the "Gucci Pastor" was also enmeshed in allegation of infidelity with a church member called Ese Walter.

After Mrs. Dakolo's bombshell at the weekend, another lady named Dolapo Oseji came up with the allegation that Fatoyinbo had similarly tried to take advantage of her years back while visiting Lagos, despite being a close family friend. She refused a reported solicitation to spend the night with him in his hotel room because, "He made it seem so innocent but I was already in my twenties and knew it was inappropriate to spend a night alone with him for whatever reason."

In another testimony, Nollywood actress, Stella Damascus, alleged the "Gucci Pastor" had raped her friend.

One other Franca E. was even more graphic in her own accusation of attempted rape against Fatoyinbo. She recalled being lured from Abuja as church worker to accompany him on "envangelical mission" to Lagos and, for effects, named the plush hotel in highbrow Ikoyi.

She claimed capturing a glimpse of him in bathroom towel with her phone camera, his derogatory remarks on his wife and audio recording of his allegedly offering N200,000 to buy her silence following her refusal to get laid.

When traumatized Franca later confided in a former COZA church-worker, she would receive more shock. She alleged that the unidentified lady confessed to have indulged in a year-long assignations with the "Gucci Pastor" and, upon being jeered at as "Ashewo Mary Magdalene" during a quarrel with someone one day, later sought her own emotional healing by simply excommunicating herself from the church.

Interestingly, Fatoyinbo's initially vociferous choir of defenders, notably led by his coterie in the church and a few internet Good Samaritans, has since gone mute, if not entirely offline as more voices rise up. From official quarters, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, never timid when underprivileged are oppressed, has lent her voice to the public outcry for justice.

With protesters barricading COZA temples in Abuja and Lagos on Sunday, it is clear more "victims" would be emboldened to speak out in the coming days in what is beginning to look like a replay of the Harvey Weinstein scandal that rocked Hollywood in the United States last year.

Given such overwhelming history, it becomes very difficult indeed to keep giving Fatoyinbo the benefit of the doubt.

From my own experience in pursuing similar leads to often staggering outcome as newspaper editor over the years, I am strongly persuaded to believe Mrs. Dakolo more than I would accept the "Gucci Pastor's" fierce denial.

Indeed, when actresses Rose McGowan and Ashely Judd first accused Weinstein in 2017 in New York Times of sexually assaulting them several years back, the Hollywood mogul had dismissed her with a straight face. But with eighty-five more compelling testimonies pouring in, the hitherto "almighty" movie producer was eventually forced to confess. The world would later know how one rampaging he-goat had parlayed his power over the decades to exploit vulnerable women seeking movie career.

The more reason one, therefore, finds Fatoyinbo's threat to sue as apparent defence strategy to be grossly inadequate. Much more is certainly expected of a cleric in the circumstance, especially one in whom ordinary folks often repose trust as God's agent on earth.

So, the least expected of a supposed man of God is to submit himself to unfettered investigation by an independent body.

With more allegations eroding trust, the threat to sue only looks more like a familiar page from the sin manual of the proverbial guilty running when no one pursues. It is a reminder of the now common joke of someone accused of receiving bribes in U.S. dollars and rather than submitting his pocket to public scrutiny as a mark of honour, begins to threaten litigation.

As a newspaper editor, I treated a story of someone linked to international credit card fraud and who, as a defence strategy, chose to hire a senior lawyer to intimidate a media house with funny epistle in a shameless gambit to barricade the truth.

It is gratifying to note that the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and PFN (Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria) have reappraised their initial indifference by announcing an interest in the unfolding drama. Good enough, with the police authorities already declaring they only act on petitions, advocacy groups should not have any difficulty on how to proceed. It is important that CAN and PFN join in the quest to establish the truth in this matter with a view to curbing further erosion of public confidence in the presbytery.

They should realize that what the rest of the nation find confounding is how a mouth obviously made soggy already by so much alleged iniquities could still affect a confidence to profess salvation to anyone. It is reassuring to hear the pastor has finally agreed to step down in response to public outcry. But that is not enough. If Fatoyinbo indeed has any honour, he should prove that by also quitting this sick comedy of threatening litigation and then follow up his stepping down with submitting himself to an independent inquiry to prove his innocence.

Overall, there are surely few preliminary lessons from the development of the past few days. One, we need to teach and encourage our daughters to speak out, never to be afraid.

Two, parents should realize that neither the tranquilizing drudgery of provincial existence nor the understandably choking pressure of city-life is enough alibi to outsource their sacred responsibility as the primary moralizing and socializing agents of the children to any "spiritual daddy."

They should be wary not to put their wards in the care of those who easily take advantage of them.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/02/rape-fatoyinbo-and-mrs-dakolo-louis-odion

3 Shares

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 11:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. [7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

2 Likes

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
ichuka:

But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. [7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

I also remembered that our Lord Jesus Christ told the woman to go and sin no more. Has the Gucci pastor acknowledged or admitted that he committed the offense? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by superlightning: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I also remembered that our Lord Jesus Christ told the woman to go and sin no more. Has the Gucci pastor acknowledged or admitted that he committed the offense? undecided

Any allegation suddenly becomes an evidence? What is the proof of assault? Hello, I detest rape, but please when making an accusation openly, you must be ready to provide logical evidence to prove your case. In the meantime, fatoyinbo should stepped down pending when the case is resolved.

1 Like

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
superlightning:

Any allegation suddenly becomes an evidence? What is the proof of assault? Hello, I detest rape, but please when making an accusation openly, you must be ready to provide logical evidence to prove your case. In the meantime, fatoyinbo should stepped down pending when the case is resolved.

Busola made 'fair comment' in saying what she said and that is enough to nail the randy pastor. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by Sport89: 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hummm
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by oyatz(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
Fatoyinbo has already stepped down. Mrs Busola Dakolo should Lodge a complaint of 'rape' with the police.

The allegation can't be resolved in the media.

superlightning:

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ogmask: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

How you have come to paint him a rapist based on what you heard beats my imagination. Continue to put petrol in the fire because you want to trend. All of una go shame soon.
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by peacengine(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
Coza pastor is guilty, if I'm Dakolo I will treat his fckup if he doesn't own up
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2019
ogmask:

How you have come to paint him a rapist based on what you heard beats my imagination. Continue to put petrol in the fire because you want to trend. All of una go shame soon.

It is based on Fair comment. cool
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by superlightning: 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Busola made 'fair comment' in saying what she said and that is enough to nail the randy pastor. cool

Fair comment? That's not evidence, let alone solid evidence. The comment no matter how fair is still subjective.
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
superlightning:

Fair comment? That's not evidence, let alone solid evidence. The comment no matter how fair is still subjective.

Do you know what 'Fair comment' means in law parlance? undecided
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

How would we know?
Is it by listening to media hypes or going to him personally?
We should disciple our own.not feeding them to the dogs
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
ichuka:

How would we know?
Is it by listening to media hypes or going to him personally?
We should disciple our own.not feeding them to the dogs

A senator, who is a politician owned up and apologised to his victim. Where and when did your randy pastor apologise? Did you not read his denial, did you not read from the denial of his accomplice wife? If sinners can humble themselves to apologise publicly what is stopping the so called pastor and his enabler from apologising? The Bible did not instruct us to disciple unrepentant wolves in sheepskins, they are hirelings and they should be exposed and expelled.

1 Share

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

A senator, who is a politician owned up and apologised to his victim. Where and when did your randy pastor apologise? Did you not read his denial, did you not read from the denial of his accomplice wife? If sinners can humble themselves to apologise publicly what is stopping the so called pastor and his enabler from apologising? The Bible did not instruct us to disciple unrepentant wolves in sheepskins, they are hirelings and they should be exposed and expelled.

15“If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. 16“But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED. 17“If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. 18“Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.
My point is did they go to him privately?
If not all they did equally is evil in Gods sight.
A broken vessel can be made good again.
In the Potters House not thrown to the waste bin.

1 Like

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2019
ichuka:

15“If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. 16“But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED. 17“If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. 18“Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.
My point is did they go to him privately?
If not all they did equally is evil in Gods sight.
A broken vessel can be made good again.
In the Potters House not thrown to the waste bin.

If you followed the story you will find out that Bisola's elder brother went with her to confront Biodun armed with a pen knife. Two pastors who were with Biodun pleaded with him and even went to the Bisola's house to beg for forgiveness. Bisola's family, the two pastors were witnesses and could be subpoenaed (summoned) to give witness in court. The fact that a crime could be forgiven on an individual basis does not prevent the criminal from paying the consequences of his evil deed. Rape should be reported to the police which I believe the Dakolo's have done. It is obvious that the randy pastor is not repentant as he is a repeat offender. Witnesses are now singing by the day.
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 12:21am On Jul 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

If you followed the story you will find out that Bisola's elder brother went with her to confront Biodun armed with a pen knife. Two pastors who were with Biodun pleaded with him and even went to the Bisola's house to beg for forgiveness. Bisola's family, the two pastors were witnesses and could be subpoenaed (summoned) to give witness in court. The fact that a crime could be forgiven on an individual basis does not prevent the criminal from paying the consequences of his evil deed. Rape should be reported to the police which I believe the Dakolo's have done. It is obvious that the randy pastor is not repentant as he is a repeat offender. Witnesses are now singing by the day.
Seem you haven't seen it through my own perspective.we should try and first veiw it from the church perspective,then look at it personally.veiwing if from the church angle seems she wax raped by the church.for as long as the guy is part of the body,then the whole body is equally guilty.
By going public they are saying the church raped her.
Did they seek counsel from PPFN or CAN before going public?No.
That's a bigger sin or evil in Gods sight.
Was Noah's conduct right when he got drunk and slept nake?No.
But he rose from his from his drunkiness and made one of his son to be !SLAVE OF SLAVE!
Though he's conduct was wrong but that of his son was far worse.

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 12:25am On Jul 07, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Seem you haven't seen it through my own perspective.we should try and first veiw it from the church perspective,then look at it personally.veiwing if from the church angle seems she wax raped by the church.for as long as the guy is part of the body,then the whole body is equally guilty.
But he rose from his from his drunkiness and made one of his son to be !SLAVE OF SLAVE!

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
ichuka:

Let's see it through the eyes of the scriptures:

DAILY ⓂANNA
SUNDAY JULY 07, 2019

FLEE FROM SIN
TEXT: 1 Samuel 2:12-36

"Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before Me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from Me; for them that honour Me I will honour, and they that despise Me shall be lightly esteemed" (1 Samuel 2:30).

When sin becomes a way of life as it did in the lives of Hophni and Phinehas, it does not only consume the transgressor; it also destroys the authorities or leaders who watch with feeble concern as it happened in the case of Eli the priest. Sin, if not checked, possesses the same destructive impact of an inferno which the Bible says is one of the four things that cannot say, "It is enough."

Sin is largely a personal matter but it destroys more in its impact as seen in our text. The two sons of Eli "knew not the LORD" while little Samuel who also lived with them was righteous. The priest's two children chose to ignore what their father was teaching them. They extorted worshippers at Shiloh and through their behaviour despised the notion of a holy God. They also committed the heinous acts of sexual immorality right in the temple.

God acted to remove Eli because his reactions to his children's wickedness were too weak. And so, they were unable to change their ways. Considering their sinful habits, he never even thought of ridding them of their work in the house of God. Unlike man, God will always act to preserve His church from the leaven of sin. He does not spare those who stand in the way of righteousness.

The Lord's move did not consume only Eli. It also wiped out the priestly lineage of his family and his children lost their lives at the war front. Our greatest preoccupation as Christians determined to make heaven is to guard against sin. A healthy relationship with God can only be sustained in a holy environment. The secret of victorious living that attracts divine protection and blessing is a sinless life because "the eyes of the LORD run to and fro… to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him."

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY "Sin will sack the soul if not sacked."

COVER TO COVER: 2 Kings 14-15

BIBLE ACCOUNTS AS THEY OCCURRED

See more here:
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Let's see it through the eyes of the scriptures:

Bro worldly/public display of our sins by a brethren is primary wrong.
Remember in the garden the tree of good and evil results to death.Discernment of right and wrong is always with Him and not us.
Expect been lead by His Spirit.
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
ichuka:

Bro worldly/public display of our sins by a brethren is primary wrong.
Remember in the garden the tree of good and evil results to death.Discernment of right and wrong is always with Him and not us.
Expect been lead by His Spirit.

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad" (Luke 8:17).

How will you have known of the sin David committed with Beersheba in secret if God did not reveal it to the world? undecided
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 12:02am On Jul 13, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad" (Luke 8:17).

How will you have known of the sin David committed with Beersheba in secret if God did not reveal it to the world? undecided
Did the prophet speak in public about David sin before going to meet him privately? No!
And that's my point bro
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
ichuka:

Did the prophet speak in public about David sin before going to meet him privately? No!
And that's my point bro

The prophet did not speak in public but how did the whole world learn about it? undecided

1 Share

Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The prophet did not speak in public but how did the whole world learn about it? undecided
Haba bro
How did the whole world knew God created/recreated the world in six day?
Did God publicly announce how he did it?
Or wasn't it given to Moses privately?
Bro I re affirm my take that what she did publicly was equally wrong.
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
ichuka:

Haba bro
How did the whole world knew God created/recreated the world in six day?
Did God publicly announce how he did it?
Or wasn't it given to Moses privately?
Bro I re affirm my take that what she did publicly was equally wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uci7iQhYsQM

You need to listen to this Pastor Tony, he said "forgiveness and justice is not mutually exclusive."
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
Timi Dakolo addresses press conference over alleged rape allegations, harassment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9j9SSgtp6c
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by ichuka(m): 10:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uci7iQhYsQM

You need to listen to this Pastor Tony, he said "forgiveness and justice is not mutually exclusive."
Bro,God can't change because of us,not possible.
His Ways and Rule are same yesterday today and forever.
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Jul 29, 2019
ichuka:

Put yourself in the victim's shoe. If your sister or daughter was raped by your pastor would you report it to the police or just forgive and not seek justice? undecided
Re: Rape, Fatoyinbo And Mrs Dakolo By Louis Odion by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
ichuka:

Yes. God is love and Judge. Put yourself in the victim's shoes maybe you will be able to empathise with them. Watch what this lady's got to say about how a rape victim feels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsJ2HyZ6Sjk

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian's Mock Atiku On Twitter After Celebrating Arsenal First Goal Against Ch / Governor Wike, Buhari’s Govt In Showdown Over Carveton Helicopters / Places More Popular Than Their States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.