Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,720 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

The Wonders Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wonders Of God (549 Views)

// / PASTOR O.O ABEL SERMON ON WONDERS OF ELEVENTH (11TH) HOUR / June 2013 Holy Ghost Service -the Wonders Of Worship By Daddy Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wonders Of God by PastorAde: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2010
[center]The Wonders of God[/center]

As you know not what is the way of the Spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so you know not the works of God who makes all (Ecclesiastes 11: 5).
I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows right well (Psalm 139: 14).

For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 6:9).

God is a God of wonders. The things that are created – animate and inanimate – all testify about the wonders of God. Consider, for example, the sun, moon, stars, galaxies, etc. Have you ever wondered how all these came into being and how they operate? It is by the sovereign power and wonders of God. Consider yourself O man and woman. Consider when you were still inside your mother’s womb. How did the bones grow? How did you attain the nine months in your mother’s womb? When you eventually came out of the womb, how did you grow into a full adult? Did you grow into a full adult just because you were feeding well? Have you ever seen your brain and all your internal organs? Have you seen your digestive system? To sleep is a miracle. To wake up is a miracle. If all the wonders of God has to be written in book, this world will not contain it (see John 21: 25). Man is a complex creation of God. It takes an excellent and perfect God to create a masterpiece called man from which a woman was made. God just put Adam to sleep and took out a rib. With that rib He made Eve, Adam’s wife.

God gave man His own intelligence, for man was created in the image and likeness of God. In the genealogy of Adam in the book of Luke, Adam was directly the son of God (see Luke 3: 38). Adam was the one that gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field (Genesis 2: 20a). From then on till date, with the intelligence God gave to man great things have been invented in this world.

Why, then, was a child born and another Son given? It was because the first child of God, Adam, sinned against God by disobeying His command not to eat the forbidden fruit. Due to Adam’s sin of disobedience, death entered the world. In order to provide a solution to the problem of sin and death, God sent Jesus Christ, the second Adam to die in order to take away our sins. His name is called Wonderful. He was the only man that lived without committing sin. He came as a Lamb of God which takes away the sins of the whole world. On the cross of Calvary where He died, death, sin and satan were judged and destroyed. On the third day Jesus rose up triumphantly from the dead. He did this for all humanity –irrespective of race, nationality, gender, color or religion. As many as believe in Him, and confess Him as Lord and Savior, will not perish but have everlasting life. When you confess Him as Lord and Savior, His wonders will continually manifest in your life. Will you be saved? If yes, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus’ Precious Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 08033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Pride Limits Promotion / Give Thanks For His Blessings / Happy New Year Everybody!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.