Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International (58071 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Meet Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & Wife, The Man Accused Of Rape By Bukola Dakolo / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500,000 As Seed (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Godfullsam(m): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
Beware of this guy.

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

No wonder they are banning up and down. You will go and be preaching in sexuality thread where boys are horn.y lol

Lols I was banned for preaching ooo. I won't stop. I will continue to spread the gospel. I'm not ashamed of the Gospel!
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Starkid3010(m): 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
Kingosytex:
This pastor don finally blow. This reminds me of the Naira Marley-EFCC saga. At the end of this whole saga the man will bounce back stronger and more popular just like Naira Marley
i day tell you

Na the new format dem dey use these days....
Every one has forgotten why Naira Marley was jailed
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
sonnie10:

In the video interview, the supposed victim alleged that right after the incident, she was made to gulp down a bottle of Krest drink .
Two things; it’s either the perpetrator believed that Krest being bitter lemon drink could work as contraceptive.
The other part is that the Krest could have been used to mask the taste of whatever the drink was laced with; most likely contraceptive pile
Thanks for the explanation
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
salford1:

Your point number 3. How can you have consentual sex when you are a minor
Let us reason and talk like literates.
Would you be happy if une 30 years old bro was banging your 16 or 17 year old girl child?
how do you prove she was 17 and not 18?
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
sonnie10:

In the video interview, the supposed victim alleged that right after the incident, she was made to gulp down a bottle of Krest drink .
Two things; it’s either the perpetrator believed that Krest being bitter lemon drink could work as contraceptive.
The other part is that the Krest could have been used to mask the taste of whatever the drink was laced with; most likely contraceptive pile
The reason I asked was because of this

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Kposkila: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
alphaNomega:
After a forensic analysis, nothing can be more true...
Facts are as follows.

1. Pst Biodun did not violently r@pe Busola. He manupulated her into agreeing to open her legs after being romantic with her.
2. Busola was a virgin prior to her experience with Biodun
3. They had multiple consentual s3x as at then
4. She fell madly in love with him as at then
5. He broke her heart as a result of a promise he couldnt fulfill. Maybe she expected him to throw his wife and marry her later on I cant say what that was its between both of them.
6. She became promiscuous due to the emotional trauma Biodun placed on her at an early age.
7. She left a trail of whoredom before she met Timi.
8. They started having crisis in marriage. Timi made her talk
9. Looking back at her life over the years, and how messed up it had been, she connected the dots back to Biodun blaming him for her misery
10. she then came up with the rape story because she felt that consentual sex at that age was still rape(she didnt know at that time tho)
11. shes a pained woman living in regrets of how she ruined her youth and blames Biodun for her mysery
12. She want to see him suffer thats the only way she feels she would heal..

"Hell hath no fury than a scorned woman"

Everyone who has lived a promiscuous life will always try to escape the shame by blaming someone else. She already had in it her to be able to knack the guy on a car bonnet.

We know them. Spoilt adventurous brats. Her sister too was the same and Biodun chopped that one too.

I have seen this exact thing happen to a couple before and they did blame someone else after the husband found out after 10 years that he married an ex runz girl.The man was furious and was pushing the wife to help him file charges against the accused figure. We advised him against it because of the revelations we knew witnesses will bring which his did not know about.

After all the drama they still went their separate ways. The Dakolo guy is in something bigger than he can handle and his wife will never tell him the truth

Guys like Dakolo who place themselves at the top level in terms of moral values never recover when they stupidly start digging up their wife's past. After the anger with Biodun ends it will refocus on the wife.

Biodun 15 years ago was a young boy like Busola with both their hormones raging. The Timi guy is a disgrace to manhood. You dig up your wife's whoring history and she easily manipulated you with the most basic lie that comes naturally to a girl cheesy cheesy "I was raped when I was 15" " I lost my virginity while riding a bicycle" That babe will wake up at night, go to the bathroom open Twitter and have a good laugh at how dumb the world is. I'm starting to like her now sef

Look at this way, fine clean boy Pastor with women throwing themselves at you. His mission was none other than CHOP ONE CHOP ALL. Let's not judge him by who he is now. Times were different in Nigeria then and clearly did not rape her.

He chopped her and the sister and still chopped her again after Dakolo came into the picture. He has a right to be angry. The pastor made an error of judgement and so did the spoilt brat.

THE BIGGEST TRUTH OF IT IS THAT THE DAKOLOS ARE PAINED THAT BIODUN MOVED AHEAD TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL. IF HE WERE A POOR FARMER OR TRUCK PUSHER MRS DAKOLO WOULD HAVE HEALED YEARS AGO. THIS BEHAVIOUR OF BITTERNESS HAS REPEATED ITSELF SO MANY TIMES IN HISTORY. I AM NOT SAYING BIODUN IS CLEAN..NO HE IS SOILED TOO. BUT BUSOLA IS PAINTING HIM FAR DARKER THAN HE IS.

"Got pregnant twice o...all for the choir master (Timi). got married in same church and received car gift from the same pastor.... Krest kee you there!"
U re a genius.... Food for thought esp d last quote. There's more to this story.
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by DateMynd44(m): 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
dreamwords:
grin Dirty moronic afonjas representing us home and abroad In issues of rape , murder etc
johndoexxx u don come back from ban abi
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Legendguru: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
hmmm
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Kingosytex(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
Neddstark:
Just say rape and Feminists will start having orgasms and gather themselves to pull a man down.
To all weak men who supported this Rape Hype: Banky W, RMD, Noble Igwe, and those on Nairaland may you at a time in your lives know what it feels like when you're falsely accused.
And as for that choir-master Timi Dakolo, you stole Majek Fashek's song. Didnt give the old man a dime, shared it with his manager behind his back. Your wickedness is coming for you.

na dat RMD own surprise me i swear, i been think say the man get sense. Bobrisky, Frank Edwards and Steph-Nora have proven to be much more intelligent than many so-called yeyebrities

2 Likes

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by ofemigeorge(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chriswazo:
My best read on this episode;

COZA Rape Controversy & The Age of Social Lunacy by Dodoh Okafor

1. On what basis did hundreds of people abandon their morning chores this Sunday to go picket the premises of the Common Wealth of Zion Assembly Church in Guzape Area of Abuja and Lagos?

2. Because a certain woman alleged (without any scintilla of proof) that she was raped? Because 5 women said the Church Pastor had inappropriate sexual relationships with them? Or because Segun Awosika said he has "30" women willing to testify against the COZA founder in law court?

3. What really was the essence of the nasty, rowdy, uncoordinated protests? To embarrass the church? To humiliate the pastor? To get the pastor to step down?

4. Pray- are those protesters really interested in pursuing a strong campaign against rape or were they on a vendetta mission?

5. I do not know what other people may think but here's what I am convinced about: many of those who jumped into this rape issue are being manipulated, misled and used as pawns in a complex game of chess by those who are adept at using the media to manipulate the gullible.

6. The man who conducted the interview that sparked the outrage is a certain Chude Jideonwo- one of the many crafty revisionists Nair El Rufai, Bola Tinubu and their lackeys employed to market Buhari in 2015. You are entitled to your opinion but I am convinced by Jideowno's involvement that a lie is involved, that a campaign to hoodwink the masses has been set in motion and with what I know of social media- a mechanism for creating a media storm has been activated.

7. The lady is probably dishonest and no rational thinker should believe her without at least asking a few important questions. I consider her motive to be suspect at best- reason being- what does she intend to achieve by coming out to tell a story that sound poorly fabricated, lacking in substance and designed to bring opprobrium to a man she had a choice to either deal with or avoid.

8. Many would remember the old Igbo adage that can be simply translated to imply that a raging ocean cannot drown a man whose feet it did not see. Fact is- Mr Fatoyinbo never dragged or nailed the buttocks of any man or woman to his church. Anyone always had the option of walking away the minute you became uncomfortable with his body body language or suggestions.

9. Mr Fatoyinbo did not just see anyone and grabbed her by the waist neither is there any report that he ever saw anyone on the street and pulled his car by the roadside, pushed her side and "opened his zip"

10. To be certain, I am not one to support the violation of trust by anyone in authority especially people from whom much is expected. Pastors, priests, teachers, uncle's and aunties, office superiors and village elders have a great responsibility to carry themselves with dignity and restraint at all times.

11. I am not one to blame the victim but when forceful sexual acts keep occurring and the victim never summoned up the courage to report to anyone but rather submits herself whenever her molester comes around for me has a different interpretation.

12. To imagine that the said Busola Dakolo kept submitting herself to Mr Fatoyinbo, attending his church, singing in his Choir, and as I heard- allowing him to wed her tells an entirely different story. It does not add up. Mrs Dakolo in my estimation may not have told us the entire story or perhaps she is playing a terrible game.

13. It pains me to see Nigerians swallowing that story hook line and sinker because some known social media influencers bought into it. This says a lot about how we have deteriorated in our capacity to think and reason.

14. When did we sublet our thinking power to social media influencers and celebrities? If these men and women care so much about rape- why are they not protesting against the mindless rape and killing of women by fulani cattle rearer/terrorists across most states in southern Nigeria?

15. If they care about women, where were they when a certain Elizabeth Ochanya was raped to death by a man and his son? How much did today's sudden philanthropists donate to support the prosecution of the perpetrators of what undoubtedly is a grave act of wickedness?

16. How much social media awareness did they raise when Eunice Elijah was killed by a band of lunatics in Kubwa Abuja? Why are they not interested in seeing that those behind the dastardly act are brought to book?

17. Where am I driving to? Again to be clear: I would be eager to see rapists and other criminals or those who violate the trust of young girls prosecuted and made to serve their punishment. But I would do everything I can to stop the triumph of online mob action against an assumedly innocent man.

18. Accusation is never conviction. Speaking emotionally while being filmed does not amount to presenting a hard evidence before a court of law. Has social media replaced conventional courts or is there something I am unaware of? Aren't injured people supposed to take their matter to court?

18. Is Mrs Dakolo seeking for justice, revenge, emotional appeal, to create mischief or just to destroy Mr Fatoyinbo? What exactly is this all about? Blackmail or some publicity stunts because none of it is clear to me.

19. Again I ask: what was the protest about? Was the protest against Fatoyinbo or COZA? Shouldn't a protest against Mr Fatoyinbo happen in front of his house? Why did they go to disrupt church programs at COZA today? Shouldn't COZA and Fatoyinbo be separate entities? How come the so-called lawyers who lined up at Guzape today missed this point? So COZA should be brought down because a certain woman told a disjointed story to Chude on camera?

20. Why are people so silly? Where's Stephanie Otobo? Why did she stop regalling us with tales of how Mr Johnson Suleiman "raped" her in Jamaica?

21. I would conclude by advising everyone to be circumspect about what's presented on social media. Truth is- the social media in most cases is structured to weaken your capacity to think, steal your power of logical and deductive reasoning from you and what else? Make you a fool.

22. Buhari and his handlers understood that it is very easy to sell lunacy on social media and the leveraged it to come to power- Ill prepared, with a vindictive mindset and you know where that has landed Nigeria.

23. Interestingly - the same group that sold Buhari to Nigerians in 2015 are behind this Busola Dakolo rape tale. I insist that there's a whole lot more to this hullabaloo.

24. You ask- what of the other 1000 girls that also accused the pastor of rape? I reply with: when did public opinion become the basis of adjudication in matters that require sensitivity and tack? Remember millions of people have voted for Buhari since 2015. Does that confer on Buhari the administrative skill he does not have?

25. What else? Who remembers the women who came forward to accuse Brett Kavanaug of rape soon after he was nominated for a Supreme Court position? When are we picking the US Supreme Court?

Let me end with an advice: never sublet your thinking to anyone- especially people whose agenda you do not understand.
When the female members of your family tell you about a distressing issue concerning them, pls don't hesitate doubt it and write them an epistle why you think they are not being reasonable.

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by alezzy13: 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chriswazo:

1. On what basis did hundreds of people abandon their morning chores this Sunday to go picket the premises of the Common Wealth of Zion Assembly Church in Guzape Area of Abuja and Lagos?

2. Because a certain woman alleged (without any scintilla of proof) that she was raped? Because 5 women said the Church Pastor had inappropriate sexual relationships with them? Or because Segun Awosika said he has "30" women willing to testify against the COZA founder in law court?

3. What really was the essence of the nasty, rowdy, uncoordinated protests? To embarrass the church? To humiliate the pastor? To get the pastor to step down?

4. Pray- are those protesters really interested in pursuing a strong campaign against rape or were they on a vendetta mission?

5. I do not know what other people may think but here's what I am convinced about: many of those who jumped into this rape issue are being manipulated, misled and used as pawns in a complex game of chess by those who are adept at using the media to manipulate the gullible.

6. The man who conducted the interview that sparked the outrage is a certain Chude Jideonwo- one of the many crafty revisionists Nair El Rufai, Bola Tinubu and their lackeys employed to market Buhari in 2015. You are entitled to your opinion but I am convinced by Jideowno's involvement that a lie is involved, that a campaign to hoodwink the masses has been set in motion and with what I know of social media- a mechanism for creating a media storm has been activated.

7. The lady is probably dishonest and no rational thinker should believe her without at least asking a few important questions. I consider her motive to be suspect at best- reason being- what does she intend to achieve by coming out to tell a story that sound poorly fabricated, lacking in substance and designed to bring opprobrium to a man she had a choice to either deal with or avoid.

8. Many would remember the old Igbo adage that can be simply translated to imply that a raging ocean cannot drown a man whose feet it did not see. Fact is- Mr Fatoyinbo never dragged or nailed the buttocks of any man or woman to his church. Anyone always had the option of walking away the minute you became uncomfortable with his body body language or suggestions.

9. Mr Fatoyinbo did not just see anyone and grabbed her by the waist neither is there any report that he ever saw anyone on the street and pulled his car by the roadside, pushed her side and "opened his zip"

10. To be certain, I am not one to support the violation of trust by anyone in authority especially people from whom much is expected. Pastors, priests, teachers, uncle's and aunties, office superiors and village elders have a great responsibility to carry themselves with dignity and restraint at all times.

11. I am not one to blame the victim but when forceful sexual acts keep occurring and the victim never summoned up the courage to report to anyone but rather submits herself whenever her molester comes around for me has a different interpretation.

12. To imagine that the said Busola Dakolo kept submitting herself to Mr Fatoyinbo, attending his church, singing in his Choir, and as I heard- allowing him to wed her tells an entirely different story. It does not add up. Mrs Dakolo in my estimation may not have told us the entire story or perhaps she is playing a terrible game.

13. It pains me to see Nigerians swallowing that story hook line and sinker because some known social media influencers bought into it. This says a lot about how we have deteriorated in our capacity to think and reason.

14. When did we sublet our thinking power to social media influencers and celebrities? If these men and women care so much about rape- why are they not protesting against the mindless rape and killing of women by fulani cattle rearer/terrorists across most states in southern Nigeria?

15. If they care about women, where were they when a certain Elizabeth Ochanya was raped to death by a man and his son? How much did today's sudden philanthropists donate to support the prosecution of the perpetrators of what undoubtedly is a grave act of wickedness?

16. How much social media awareness did they raise when Eunice Elijah was killed by a band of lunatics in Kubwa Abuja? Why are they not interested in seeing that those behind the dastardly act are brought to book?

17. Where am I driving to? Again to be clear: I would be eager to see rapists and other criminals or those who violate the trust of young girls prosecuted and made to serve their punishment. But I would do everything I can to stop the triumph of online mob action against an assumedly innocent man.

18. Accusation is never conviction. Speaking emotionally while being filmed does not amount to presenting a hard evidence before a court of law. Has social media replaced conventional courts or is there something I am unaware of? Aren't injured people supposed to take their matter to court?

18. Is Mrs Dakolo seeking for justice, revenge, emotional appeal, to create mischief or just to destroy Mr Fatoyinbo? What exactly is this all about? Blackmail or some publicity stunts because none of it is clear to me.

19. Again I ask: what was the protest about? Was the protest against Fatoyinbo or COZA? Shouldn't a protest against Mr Fatoyinbo happen in front of his house? Why did they go to disrupt church programs at COZA today? Shouldn't COZA and Fatoyinbo be separate entities? How come the so-called lawyers who lined up at Guzape today missed this point? So COZA should be brought down because a certain woman told a disjointed story to Chude on camera?

20. Why are people so silly? Where's Stephanie Otobo? Why did she stop regalling us with tales of how Mr Johnson Suleiman "raped" her in Jamaica?

21. I would conclude by advising everyone to be circumspect about what's presented on social media. Truth is- the social media in most cases is structured to weaken your capacity to think, steal your power of logical and deductive reasoning from you and what else? Make you a fool.

22. Buhari and his handlers understood that it is very easy to sell lunacy on social media and the leveraged it to come to power- Ill prepared, with a vindictive mindset and you know where that has landed Nigeria.

23. Interestingly - the same group that sold Buhari to Nigerians in 2015 are behind this Busola Dakolo rape tale. I insist that there's a whole lot more to this hullabaloo.

24. You ask- what of the other 1000 girls that also accused the pastor of rape? I reply with: when did public opinion become the basis of adjudication in matters that require sensitivity and tack? Remember millions of people have voted for Buhari since 2015. Does that confer on Buhari the administrative skill he does not have?

25. What else? Who remembers the women who came forward to accuse Brett Kavanaug of rape soon after he was nominated for a Supreme Court position? When are we picking the US Supreme Court?

Let me end with an advice: never sublet your thinking to anyone- especially people whose agenda you do not understand.
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Kingosytex(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
Neddstark:
Just say rape and Feminists will start having orgasms and gather themselves to pull a man down.
To all weak men who supported this Rape Hype: Banky W, RMD, Noble Igwe, and those on Nairaland may you at a time in your lives know what it feels like when you're falsely accused.
And as for that choir-master Timi Dakolo, you stole Majek Fashek's song. Didnt give the old man a dime, shared it with his manager behind his back. Your wickedness is coming for you.
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by derecho(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
Joromi12:
If God was real every nacking pastor ( biodun)and chiormistress(busola) would have been struck dead
HE IS REAL..Just that you don't know Him,you don't know His Ways and you don't know His Works.
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Adeolajude(m): 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
At last there is only going to be one winner..the person u all thought u are threading will only fly high on this wing. You can only be talked about if u are relevant.
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

Lols I was banned for preaching ooo. I won't stop. I will continue to spread the gospel. I'm not ashamed of the Gospel!

Hmm please come and spend the weekend at my place preaching, so we can read the bible together and share ideas oh.

cheesy
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
The next? They should make sure he does not import Nigeria’s version Christianity to UK.
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by CrazyMan(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
Derrinclay:
Can someone explain associating krest with the koza saga
According to her claims, the pastor gave her krest to drink after committing the said act.

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by AngelicBeing: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
It is Well...
PB ma wa alright las las. Whether guilty or not, This is the time for him to go for a retreat on genuine repentance and reconciliation with God. This is God's own way of chastisement. God loves him because some never got the chance he got. After the whole phase, he will come out stronger ask the likes of Bishop wale oke and co... Oba Alanu ni...
l agree with your post cool
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by danbrowndmf(m): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
It is Well...
PB ma wa alright las las. Whether guilty or not, This is the time for him to go for a retreat on genuine repentance and reconciliation with God. This is God's own way of chastisement. God loves him because some never got the chance he got. After the whole phase, he will come out stronger ask the likes of Bishop wale oke and co... Oba Alanu ni...
you are smart and you are not just a baby Christian..

I saw retreat in your post..

You attend koinonia?
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Janeben: 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
THE DEVIL ATTACKING THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST. PLS LET'S LEAVE JUDGEMENT FOR GOD. HE'S A SERVANT OF GOD . ONLY GOD KNOW THE TRUTH. WOMEN ALWAYS ARE VERY WONDERFUL CREATURE. MAYBE THE WE'RE crushing FOR THE MAN BUT HE SHOWS NO INTEREST. THAT'S WOMEN FOR YOU.
LOLS!
JUST PASSING O!
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by OOLUSEG(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chriswazo:

Joblessness in action

2 Likes

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by AdolfHitlerxXx: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
I know the parties involved...both personally.

Frankly there's a high probability Biodun did it.

Lesson for we, men. Dont let your peniss control you instead of your brains.

What he "invested" in 17 years ago just got the bonanza.

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by atheistandproud(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
Joromi12:
If God was real every nacking pastor ( biodun)and chiormistress(busola) would have been struck dead

There's no god bro.

In the beginning, man made god. Simple as that.
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by engrelvis(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
Whether he is brought to book or nt busola v finish dis guy pastoral career. Is only God DAT can revive him. I just dey pity am sha.

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by laudate: 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
Yankiss:
The story seems over sensationalized. I do not think there was rape, molesting maybe. But in any case, conviction is difficult because the evidence required to nail him has evaporated. A shrewd victim will report to her lawyer within hours of the rape and keep required evidence. It's obvious there's more to the rape allegation than meets the eye. If I were in Fatoyinbo's shoes and I am innocent, I will sue.
Oga, Fatoyinbo can never sue, because it will lead to the exposure of other skeletons in his cupboard. angry

Secondly, people react in different ways to assault and trauma. Psychologists will tell you that some people take flight when confronted with danger, while others are paralysed with fear and become frozen, in the face of the same danger.

Most rape victims in Nigeria tend to hide the facts of their rape encounter out of fear, shame, trauma and confusion. They bury it deep within them, hoping it would go away. Others live in denial, hoping the pain would cease, but it never does.

You talk about reporting the act. To whom? Distant parents who find fault with everything? Police that would even shame the victim and blame her for getting raped? Who, exactly? shocked

There are little or no helplines dealing with rape victim's plight in Nigeria, that can offer them succour. There are very few support groups for them. And fewer still, counselling facilities. Even when they exist, how many people know how to access them? shocked

Please talk to psychologists or psychiatrists who have had cause to treat rape victims. And then you will see that it is hard to jump to conclusions about such victims in a case like this one. sad

Finally, sex with an under-aged girl is considered a felony and classified as rape, in many countries. Busola was 16 when it happened. Having carnal knowledge of her at that age, in itself was a crime. undecided

#SayNoToRape.

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by RiyadhGoddess(f): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
danbrowndmf:
you are smart and you are not just a baby Christian..

I saw retreat in your post..

You attend koinonia?

Thanks...
Yes Retreat, that's what PB needs.
What's Koinonia
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by Akiika: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
Yankiss:
The story seems over sensationalized. I do not think there was rape, molesting maybe. But in any case, conviction is difficult because the evidence required to nail him has evaporated. A shrewd victim will report to her lawyer within hours of the rape and keep required evidence. It's obvious there's more to the rape allegation than meets the eye. If I were in Fatoyinbo's shoes and I am innocent, I will sue.

Go back in time (over 15 years ago).....think of a 16 year old girl raped by someone she held in high esteem, a so-called pastor....9 out of 10 girls then will also be overwhelmed and be quiet about it. While there is no physical evidence, this is plausible. His historical pattern of abusing other girls isn't helping him too.
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by RiyadhGoddess(f): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l agree with your post cool

Thanks..

1 Like

Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by RiyadhGoddess(f): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

Hmm please come and spend the weekend at my place preaching, so we can read the bible together and share ideas oh.

cheesy

Hahahahahaha
Re: The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International by wonder233: 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
slowpoke, are you the one that convicted him of rape?
IamPatriotic:

Sorry for your pains, but being shamed and shaded at every instance are parts of the consequences of being a rapist!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chris Okotie With Armed Guards In Church (Picture) / Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity / Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.