Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,707 members, 7,865,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

Help!! I Don't Think I Can Overcome This - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!! I Don't Think I Can Overcome This (359 Views)

I Think I Have Scabies (sweetie) Or I’m Infected / Masturbation: I Think I Have PE And ED, I'm Just 20 / 6 Friends Help Their Friend Overcome Depression (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help!! I Don't Think I Can Overcome This by alex8724: 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
Good day everyone, i joined nairaland as at 2016 as guest but created an account lately am chuks

i have been going through a lot of depressed feelings......

so i came up with the idea of sharing it with you all like a family.

It all started in 2017, I got admitted in the University at 16 to study electrical engineering immediately after my secondary education. That year i went to live with my uncle in another part of the country. That my uncle promised to sponsor me in school (due to my dad's illness), so i worked a little at the same place before entering school.
When it came for the time settle my fees he gave me money for my acceptance fee and told me i should call my mom to give me the rest since his not my dad, with the little money i had gathered when hustling i thought of a way to add it up then i beckoned on my mother to send money for the rest of my fees of which she complied to (though the delay was much). Later on i got to school all prepared tried to cope up with my studies and i was doing fine, But in all these i wasn't happy whenever the thought of my dad comes (i cry in my quiet times)...........

so i started calling my uncle for money to feed he refused picking my calls but my mom was there for me.....

First semester year one was tough (even as it is) so i had to start up physics tutorials where you just pay ^200 to participate (although people didn't really turn out for it), i do it during exam periods because at that period population turns out to be good.......

we finished our first semester and started up the second one, second semester was okay though i wasn't that serious with my studies (all my thought was on how to make money and stop disturbing my mom) but i was at least good we later wrote exams, i checked my result and i was amazed at the CGPA (3.4) then i knew am heading somewhere if i put up more efforts (as my dad would say) .

I showed it to my mom she was so happy my dad too (although he can't talk but he showed amazement)....

During the vacation i did all kind of jobs to save little for my school, Finally resumption came.

Two weeks after resumption into first semester year 2 the strike came on (i was very happy i must say), i then went to my uncle's house to work for the strike period.....

Later the strike was called off i went back to school with some foodstuff way billed to me by mom everything was going fine my tutorials continued but free (I only collect money during exams period)......

My uncle stopped helping, only my mom was catering for her 4 kids even when am damn broke i don't always have the zeal to call her because i know how things are so i try to sort out myself.

So one day i was in room studying when a call came in from my aunt that my dad is no more i tried calling back but it was no more reachable, So i called my younger sister and my uncle to confirm none of them were picking, Many things including questions started to run through my mind like (how will my best die at this time?)....
I loosed my mind i refused going to lectures for almost 2 weeks even my tests i missed them all......

I became sick my thoughts overwhelmed me, we just finished our first semester exams last week....

Am still sick over it can't think....

its also affecting my mental health

So please i want ask a question in a case whereby you don't have a dad, money and also people to encourage and guide you..
How will you cope? am already filled with thoughts of dropping out because these things have choked....

please family advice me!
Re: Help!! I Don't Think I Can Overcome This by blackpanthar: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
WHY NOT TAKE UP A PART TIME JOB....

There must be bars and restaurants and hotels that need attendants...

YOU CAN NOT RELY ON FAMILY.... you can not also drop out at this last lap of your life.

You do not even have money to do yahoo, cos you will get caught and that would be worse.

Get a JOB, or borrow money and import goods and start selling... ITS CALLED HUSTLE.

If you dont do it then you have given your enemies the upper hand to mock you and use you as example.

Sorry for your loss, but such is life bro.... TOUGHEN UP, BRACE YOURSELF.... WE WIN ALWAYS.... no down time. Pls be prayerful too.

Jah bless

alex8724:
Good day everyone, i joined nairaland as at 2016 as guest but created an account lately am chuks

i have been going through a lot of depressed feelings......

so i came up with the idea of sharing it with you all like a family.

It all started in 2017, I got admitted in the University at 16 to study electrical engineering immediately after my secondary education. That year i went to live with my uncle in another part of the country. That my uncle promised to sponsor me in school (due to my dad's illness), so i worked a little at the same place before entering school.
When it came for the time settle my fees he gave me money for my acceptance fee and told me i should call my mom to give me the rest since his not my dad, with the little money i had gathered when hustling i thought of a way to add it up then i beckoned on my mother to send money for the rest of my fees of which she complied to (though the delay was much). Later on i got to school all prepared tried to cope up with my studies and i was doing fine, But in all these i wasn't happy whenever the thought of my dad comes (i cry in my quiet times)...........

so i started calling my uncle for money to feed he refused picking my calls but my mom was there for me.....

First semester year one was tough (even as it is) so i had to start up physics tutorials where you just pay ^200 to participate (although people didn't really turn out for it), i do it during exam periods because at that period population turns out to be good.......

we finished our first semester and started up the second one, second semester was okay though i wasn't that serious with my studies (all my thought was on how to make money and stop disturbing my mom) but i was at least good we later wrote exams, i checked my result and i was amazed at the CGPA (3.4) then i knew am heading somewhere if i put up more efforts (as my dad would say) .

I showed it to my mom she was so happy my dad too (although he can't talk but he showed amazement)....

During the vacation i did all kind of jobs to save little for my school, Finally resumption came.

Two weeks after resumption into first semester year 2 the strike came on (i was very happy i must say), i then went to my uncle's house to work for the strike period.....

Later the strike was called off i went back to school with some foodstuff way billed to me by mom everything was going fine my tutorials continued but free (I only collect money during exams period)......

My uncle stopped helping, only my mom was catering for her 4 kids even when am damn broke i don't always have the zeal to call her because i know how things are so i try to sort out myself.

So one day i was in room studying when a call came in from my aunt that my dad is no more i tried calling back but it was no more reachable, So i called my younger sister and my uncle to confirm none of them were picking, Many things including questions started to run through my mind like (how will my best die at this time?)....
I loosed my mind i refused going to lectures for almost 2 weeks even my tests i missed them all......

I became sick my thoughts overwhelmed me, we just finished our first semester exams last week....

Am still sick over it can't think....

its also affecting my mental health

So please i want ask a question in a case whereby you don't have a dad, money and also people to encourage and guide you..
How will you cope? am already filled with thoughts of dropping out because these things have choked....

please family advice me!

Re: Help!! I Don't Think I Can Overcome This by paiz: 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
Anywhere your dad is right now, I am sure he won't be happy that you are depressed instead of you to move on with life and make him proud

Pick yourself up and make your dad proud

It's not easy but you just have to try.

For the fees, your late father will Interceed on your behalf and God will send your helper and they will locate you

(1) (Reply)

Bruxism (teeth Grinding): Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment / 30 Days Weight Loss Challenge / Fish Oil Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.