Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki (26584 Views)

Ruga: Zamfara State Approves 300 Hectares Of Land For RUGA Settlement / Cattle Colony: Cross River Has No Land For Ruga Settlement – PANDEF Tells FG / Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Staro: 3:35am On Jul 03, 2019
Good one
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 03, 2019
Leonbonapart:
to hell with you and your Islam and your Apc and your jihad master buhari

For your information, Edo is a Christian nation.

There is no Benin or esa native that is Muslim.

You can only find Muslims in Auchi

You son of mohammed

Alright ,if obaseki wants peace with buhari, he should accept Ruga and give them lands

Don't forget he is an APC member
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 03, 2019
Upton:

Watch your tongue. We don't want Ruga. Is it Obaseki that will decide for us? He has to do what we want.

Nice one from him

His political future will be bleak if he doesn't do what buhari wants because during election with the power of money and federal might una go remember obaseki?

That's the issue
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 03, 2019
Isoduwa:

Sey na you and Buhari get Edo state
Obaseki belongs to APC and must work for buhari interest.
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by ofem89(m): 5:51am On Jul 03, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Worse than a terrorist my brother ..
The boiling point of my anger against Buhari is above 2000degree C.
The dey vex me per second billing

you de vex o dis ur boiling point anger fit melt a whole steel company talk more of buhari
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by AnanseK(m): 6:09am On Jul 03, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Don't be an idiot.
We have Ama Hausa in Aba, Ala Okponta (both in Abia State), Garrki and Hausa Town (Enugu), Ama Hausa in Owerri, Ama Hausa Okigwe (Imo), Garrki Amansea, Hausa quarters Nnewi (Anambra)
I don't know about Ebonyi.
There are more hausa settlements in the east than Igbo settlement in North.
NO RUGA, PERIOD

No problem. Send them back to the north and vacate the colonies you formed in the north
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Isoduwa(m): 6:19am On Jul 03, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Obaseki belongs to APC and must work for buhari interest.

Una Nor well for Nigerian
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 03, 2019
Isoduwa:

Una Nor well for Nigerian

maybe but ur governor can be in a ruling party and be playing opposition .
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nazzysca: 7:00am On Jul 03, 2019
Benekruku:
In as much few to no conflicts happen in this zone, I think the gesture need not be introduced into the state.

But if Obaseki was proactive enough to foresee and continuously improve, I did will "personally" advice he buys into so as to nail open grazing.

Sentiments, religious and tribal bigotry has eaten so deep into the populace that we even tend to ignore the much benefit that out weighs the odds.

Honestly Oga I see your comments on this RUGA.
Are you saying this proposal by PMB isn't bigotry?
The herdsmen came against the farmers by destroying their crops without provocation, and all you do is to settle them?
What about funding community farming and fencing too to ward off animals?
What compensation has been made to the slain farmers?
How many herdsmen assault offenders have been arrested?
Truly, I would love to make sense from your point but it still means nothing.
No wonder PMB said years ago, "ND militants are treated with kids gloves while BY guys are being killed"
See Oga, if this country goes bad today we all will feel it. Even PMB as much as he is enjoying all the wealth and privileges of a president will still feel the heat.
So no matter where you belong, ensure the truth always and drive for peace and progress

But if No, ai don't think Edo requires such. They have been with herdsmen for years without conflicts. Same scenerio applies to the South East and South South.

But for North, This should be implemented across
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nazzysca: 7:05am On Jul 03, 2019
nextstep:
Are they saying it's against Edo culture to raise cows (either in pastoral grazing areas or on ranches).
But apparently it's OK to eat cows. Where in the world do people refuse to give land to raise the food they eat?

If Edo people stop eating cows (or had some taboo against cow meat), then the piggery analogy might make more sense.

But all I can do is ntooor... we saw this coming since first term, yet enough of my Southern people voted for Buhari again... now they are complaining. We said: "here's a pair of educated, detribalized connected, worldly people with business experience", and Nigerians said: "nah... give us the cattle rearing bigot pretender"

Well, anybody can say anything, but no state except Lagos is self-sufficient, so the day FGN says no more allocation, that's the day that governor understands that power pass power.
Same day FG will hands off ND oil
The FG isn't self-sufficient. In fact, without the state's, the FG has no Kobe to it
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by valirex: 7:05am On Jul 03, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Obaseki is playing with fire

Has he forgotten he is an APC governor, and his state an APC state and currently at loggerhead with oshiomhole.

Secondly, there are also great population of Muslims in Edo state especially north...

I think he should accept the Ruga settlement to be in peace with buhari and APC.

You are a big fool, so you are one of those that sell their future and right for a piece of cake. Penny wise palm foolish
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by sylve11: 7:08am On Jul 03, 2019
Leonbonapart:
if you say etsako west if predominantly Muslim then you are misinformed. I grew up in etsako west Afowa. We have only on Muslim family in the whole village. Is only the native of Auchi and Ibie that are predominantly Muslim. The who 19 villages of etsako are 85% Christians

him nor sabi anything. cool
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nazzysca: 7:20am On Jul 03, 2019
[quote author=Benekruku post=79885442][/quote]
Replies to you

2. Mr. President said it himself that the herders are foreigners. Can you counter this?
3. Foreign investors who do not come killing you at first to register their presence? Or foreign investors who adhere to rules and appoint Nigerians to the board, employ over 60% of Nigerian workforce.
Thank GOD you said tax cuts, can you provide any evidence of taxes by these herders?
4. Be truthful to yourself, has PMB done better than GEJ in security? I voted out GEJ as I felt he was a beast for not feeling the pains of dying children up North but same PMB has shown thick skins in Benue just a bit over his 100days in office. How many Nigerians died of insecurity between the two periods?
5. Security of lives/properties and sovereignity which should be priority?
Sorry to say this, some of us Nigerians are just so not thinking. So, if Nigeria lets the Igbos go, and so damn what?
Are the Igbos indispensable or what?
Is it that these Igbos are life to Nigeria or what?
What and who are they that you ascribe such importance to them?
Don't you think these acts against sovereignity are the roots of the Igbos feeling fly because it seems without them you cannot breathe?
Is this true? If not, give them less importance
So the killings so far is worth it than sovereignity?
So you advise a wife to remain with an abusive husband till the day she dies? Bros, I'm so sorry but these replies of yours are too shallow and lack any form of substance and this is why Nigeria will never go forward.
I always thought PMB will be better but I regret the free campaigns and the vote I gave him in 2015
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nazzysca: 7:27am On Jul 03, 2019
AnanseK:

Ruga is Sabon Gari Kano, Sabon Gari Zaria, And similar colonies in Sokoto, Gusau, Katsina, Maiduguri, 9Bauchi, Yola, etc where your ancestors came to beg for Ruga to stay and they were given. Shameless ingrates.
Can you mention any location your ancestors did give them free?
In fact, they pay huge taxes to you.
The Fulani buys lands to and call them Garrkis in other parts too and mostly sell meat and other stuffs there too.
You need history and proper education.
Ingrates that bought overpriced lands?
In fact, most of the Garrkis in other parts of Nigeria were never bought by the Hausas but FG & state gov't lands they just assumed and never bought.
Can you mention a piece of land or area by non-indigenes in the North that wasn't fully paid for?
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Ibromola12: 7:35am On Jul 03, 2019
Accepting or rejecting Ruga, it's their choice. But for those of you who still have stinky mentality that Muslims are devil, tell me anywhere in south that Muslim clashes with other religions. If boko HARAM, Isis had made you to believe Muslims are terrorist, this notion is not true because a Muslim will never kill an innocent being as boko HARAM and Isis do. Muslims are not terrorist.
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Leonbonapart(m): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Alright ,if obaseki wants peace with buhari, he should accept Ruga and give them lands

Don't forget he is an APC member
he can't trade the life and land for his people cos of position that last for few years. Life and safety of Edo people comes first

But trust me Edo people treat Bleep up manually.

Those fulani can't even try shit or they will all be wiped out in one night
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Leonbonapart(m): 8:31am On Jul 03, 2019
stonemasonn:
it doesn’t matter if they’re predominantly Muslim or not, what matters is that all people of Edo state reject RUGA...shikena.
abi o. End of story
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2019
Leonbonapart:
he can't trade the life and land for his people cos of position that last for few years. Life and safety of Edo people comes first

But trust me Edo people treat Bleep up manually.

Those fulani can't even try shit or they will all be wiped out in one night

bookmarked.
Ok oooo

I rest my case, when matter start na same una go turn against obaseki and selling him out on the booth
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by bakila: 8:49am On Jul 03, 2019
Eluwilussit:

I don’t understand, bro. If Ruga has been there all along, why is FG suddenly champions of the movement? Why is FG attempting to force 6 of such settlements on each state? Isn’t cattle rearing a private venture? How does anybody expect anyone to accept such a move by FG, without seeing it as land grabbing? This to me is no longer politics oo. This is absolute Fulanization agenda. This will not end well. I warned you about this bigot in 2015, but you assured me that he’s grossly misunderstood. Well, we shall see. angry
They are wasting their time. The nomad Fulani's will not stay in that Ruga, some folks are interested in eating the N2.2bn. Has nomadic education worked? Can they force such settlements in the South? Crazyy thieves just stealing under the umbrella of Buhari's sectional weakness. I
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Shekochild: 8:49am On Jul 03, 2019
“This issue of Ruga settlement can be likened to the situation where you will carry pigs from the south, to a complete Muslim community and you say you want to create a space for people who have engaged in piggery to do their farms in a Muslim community"

He nailed it!!!
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by jaysoncute(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Has he forgotten he is an APC governor, and his state an APC state and currently at loggerhead with oshiomhole.

Secondly, there are also great population of Muslims in Edo state especially north...

I think he should accept the Ruga settlement to be in peace with buhari and APC.
You mean up on all the killings of herds men he hears are happening in other states he should agree with the so called settlement.....If you dont have any reasonable thing to say shut tha f*ck up
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by luluosas(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2019
Good job Mr. Governor Nogheghase
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by luluosas(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2019
We reject any Rugaruga settlement in Edo State in Jesus name. Amen
Juliusmalema:

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Sarah20A(f): 9:34am On Jul 03, 2019
our9ja:
Edo nor dey used Land matter play oh
Edo with land matter be like bread and butter
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2019
jaysoncute:

You mean up on all the killings of herds men he hears are happening in other states he should agree with the so called settlement.....If you dont have any reasonable thing to say shut tha f*ck up

Edo state is an APC and suppose not to be playing opposition.
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 03, 2019
luluosas:
We reject any Rugaruga settlement in Edo State in Jesus name. Amen

Lolzzz
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Sarah20A(f): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2019
[quote author=Benekruku post=79885442][/quote] though your answers are biased but what do I know?well,we all have the right to our opinion but is a shame to pretend like we don't know what's happening in our country.it still baffles me how you could label my information fake and untrue. an information that is everywhere .Nigeria as a country is not improving in anything .Nigeria is not getting any better and will not get any better until we start doing the right things. Let's start by telling ourselves the truth.
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by our9ja: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2019
My Sis nor be small thing Land issue for benin like you said, be like bread and butter.

I bought 100 by 200 in Sapele road 2015 ..my dear nor be small thing see where them dey tell me say nor be me get Land, that the Land was formally sold by the formal chairman. And I bought this same Land from the present Chairman.

See where dem start to tell me say I come Benin come drag Land, just because they hear say I bear Muslim Name.
I have to tell them first am from Edo state from Auchi and that my wife is a Benin woman.

To cut the matter short. I have to involve random boys made up of cultist ..and my mother -in- law took the matter to the Oba Palace and Palace send some Palace chief with me to the Place that was how I got my Land Back

So my dear I seriously Doubt if Ruga settlement will ever take place in that state.
Sarah20A:
Edo with land matter be like bread and butter
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Benekruku(m): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2019
Sarah20A:
though your answers are biased but what do I know?well,we all have the right to our opinion but is a shame to pretend like we don't know what's happening in our country.it still baffles me how you could label my information fake and untrue. an information that is everywhere .Nigeria as a country is not improving in anything .Nigeria is not getting any better and will not get any better until we start doing the right things. Let's start by telling ourselves the truth.

Sincerely, In as much as I will agree with all you stated. Give me a right to digress to a little. The truth we talking about is a bitter pill for most to swallow. When you try to come out plain without sentiments, you did be bashed so you have to always brace up for it. Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.

Allow me to take a little of your time. When vibrant intellects were contesting for the last election, Did you see a wave of electorates supporting them? We were stuck between two options which we knew were not worthy for the position but had no choice than to take sides with either of the two.

The truth you mentioned, Nigerians are not ready to listen to truth.
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Sarah20A(f): 10:47am On Jul 03, 2019
Benekruku:

Sincerely, In as much as I will agree with all you stated. Give me a right to digress to a little. The truth we talking about is a bitter pill for most to swallow. When you try to come out plain without sentiments, you did be bashed so you have to always brace up for it. Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.

Allow me to take a little of your time. When vibrant intellects were contesting for the last election, Did you see a wave of electorates supporting them? We were stuck between two options which we knew were not worthy for the position but had no choice than to take sides with either of the two.

The truth you mentioned, Nigerians are not ready to listen to truth.
I totally agree with you on this.Nigerians are there own problems especially the youths.they are not ready for improvement.this last election was the saddest fact which proved that most youths can't differentiate their right from their left.
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Sarah20A(f): 10:52am On Jul 03, 2019
our9ja:
My Sis nor be small thing Land issue for benin like you said, be like bread and butter.

I bought 100 by 200 in Sapele road 2015 ..my dear nor be small thing see where them dey tell me say nor be me get Land, that the Land was formally sold by the formal chairman. And I bought this same Land from the present Chairman.

See where dem start to tell me say I come Benin come drag Land, just because they hear say I bear Muslim Name.
I have to tell them first am from Edo state from Auchi and that my wife is a Benin woman.

To cut the matter short. I have to involve random boys made up of cultist ..and my mother -in- law took the matter to the Oba Palace and Palace send some Palace chief with me to the Place that was how I got my Land Back

So my dear I seriously Doubt if Ruga settlement will ever take place in that state.
thank God you got your land back some people where not that lucky.me I just jeje went to one developing villa close to Benin to acquire mine cus I don't have the strength and money to bargain with them
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Cjesky: 11:27am On Jul 03, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
Good.

I am happy we the better south is 100% united on this ruga bullshitt. The SW can give their lands we don't care.

Imagine proposing 6 Ruga settlements in each state, not even 1, but 6.

That is 102 fulani's settlement in the South alone.

Buhari is really a terrorist.

Silent Sadist... We have as Oga at the top..U think he doesn't know what he is doing..Establishing RUGA settlements for.private business owners with government and tax payers money...Until states and LGAs stand against this oppression.. We will continued to play politics of sympathy...
Nigeria is a country for all.and not.for few...if u compensate Herders by providing settlements, what about farmers that lost their produce and investment in the hands of.the marauders?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Absent As His Wife, Aisha Launches Book In Aso Rock / Charles Soludo Hosts The Ooni Of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi (Pictures) / Nigerian Economy Under My Watch Is Looking Good - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.