Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,538 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes (4299 Views)

Disturbing Eid Incident In Iseyin: A Man And Wives Assaulted By Soldiers / I Might Have Been A Rebellious Angel In My Past Life / 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by alBHAGDADI: 3:55am On Jul 06, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Are you like Moses? In your generation of twisted doctrines you should be bothered about the next pastor who will be exposed and ridiculed, hence you pray to avert it. If you feel its a crime that I pointed out that teachings should also be focused on husband's role, then you belong to what 2nd Tim. 4:3-4 perfectly described. Moses listened to the complaints of his people, so who are you? Eph. 5:25-33, as a whole commands husband's to love their wives. Col. 3:19,
ist Pet. 3:7 givess same command for husband's to love and honour their wives. Yet all you do is teach submission and kick against the true words of scriptures.
Observe the JWs chats with you, and see who sounds Christ-like. I refused to reply aibadadi's last mention, because the answer to his question, is very reflective in this thread, and was answered by the JW. JW cannot operate threads that teach 100 percent submission, without teaching love from husband's, go and find out.
I did not quote scriptures here like you childishly used scriptures to insult me, because God's words should not be played with.
Jer. 23:21 states: ''i have not sent these prophets, yet they ran, I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. Not every writing is from a Godly source, so when people take note of what they feel is amiss, you should stop condemning them.

You didn't reply my question because you had no answer nor anything to help prove your claim.

Why are you so mad at this thread? It's very clear you are of the spirit of equality in the household, that's why you are clamouring for this thread and others alike to also preach about husbands loving their wife.

This thread is about wives submitting. Take it as it is because it is an advice for you. But you have chosen to be like a kid who says she won't take correction from her father because the kid across the street doesn't get corrected by her own father. Do you know what will happen to you? You will be set on the wrong path because the correction meant to set you aright has been rejected by you all because the kid across the street doesn't get corrected.

You keep yearning for men to be told how to love their wife, but what you really want is to state how you want to be loved, which is usually anti-hierarchy when examined. You actually want to be the second captain in the ship, which is disastrous.

You are not to state how you should be loved. Doing such is the same as demanding equality in marriage. But the moment you obey God's command that you should submit to your husband, you will start to see how you really should be loved, because your husband will start to show it to you. You will so much enjoy it because you have activated God's blessings by obeying his command.

As for JW, you really know nothing about them. How can you when you have refused to obey the words of the Bible. You say JW can never teach 100% submission. That's very true because they themselves don't submit to Jesus Christ, they just pay lipservice. That's why they can never teach that a wife should submit 100% to her husband. You have a lot in common with them because you also don't believe in 100% submission as clearly stated by the words of Jesus in the Bible. It also shows that you don't submit to Jesus himself.

Ephesians 5:23-24
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

The above passage says the wife should submit to their husband in everything without exception. Yet you have swallowed the lies of JW that 100% submission is wrong. You better retrace your step.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 06, 2019
I advised you not to quote me. But it seems you have been seriously bruised with the truth.

LilMissFavvy:
Are you like Moses? In your generation of twisted doctrines you should be bothered about the next pastor who will be exposed and ridiculed, hence you pray to avert it.
you lack comprehension, where did I compare myself with moses. What do you know about doctrines? When you heart is not right with God, how will you know sound doctrine.

You want pastors to be ridiculed, speaks much about you.

If you feel its a crime that I pointed out that teachings should also be focused on husband's role, then you belong to what 2nd Tim. 4:3-4 perfectly described. Moses listened to the complaints of his people, so who are you? Eph. 5:25-33, as a whole commands husband's to love their wives. Col. 3:19,
ist Pet. 3:7 givess same command for husband's to love and honour their wives. Yet all you do is teach submission and kick against the true words of scriptures.
who are you to dictate to op?
Your intention was to use emotional black mail to fault the op. If moses had listened to the people to go back to Egypt would they have seen the promise land? Listen and listen good, Christian teachings are not based on emotion or what people want but what God wants.
People like you will heap up teachers teaching only what you want to hear.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

How did the op kick against the scriptures between you and op who is venting frustration against the biblical teaching of wife submitting to their own husbands?
I challenge you point out where the op kicked against the scripture If you are not a clamorous liar.

Observe the JWs chats with you, and see who sounds Christ-like. I refused to reply aibadadi's last mention, because the answer to his question, is very reflective in this thread, and was answered by the JW. JW cannot operate threads that teach 100 percent submission, without teaching love from husband's, go and find out.
the word christlike has been abused by people like you. It is no surprising that you call an antichrist herectic christlike.

It is clear you dont want to submit 100 percent but you want 100 percent love from your hisband right? Hypocrite.

I did not quote scriptures here like you childishly used scriptures to insult me, because God's words should not be played with.
Jer. 23:21 states: ''i have not sent these prophets, yet they ran, I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. Not every writing is from a Godly source, so when people take note of what they feel is amiss, you should stop condemning them.
you call quoting the scriptures childish, oh Jesus was childish when he quoted the scriptures to describe the hypocrisy of the pharisees.
Because it does not go down well with your perverted mind then it is not godly.

You quote out scriptures you dont even understand.

You want what will suit your corrupt mind, you better repent of your wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2019
I stopped quoting you, yet u went about insulting me. Apart from the word ''childish'', I can't see where I insulted you in my last msg. If I decide to abuse you, you won't like it.
Why did you refer to the story of Moses and Myriam if not to use it to justify your puerile claims? The issue isn't about Moses doing what the people said, the issue is that he listened to them,yet made his decision as a good leader guided by the spirit of God Num.12:6-8.you seem to lack this spirit, hence kicking against teaching husband's to love/wives submitting.
My first post on this thread was devoid of emotions or sentiments, but a worthy observation, yet how can a pudding-head like you understand it. It's funny how threads teaching husband's to love are beginning to spring up, more will come, but it's a shame that I who made the observation is criticizd. If i didnt mention it you and your kinds would not know.
Who supported the fall of pastors? Well, only a stone hearted fellow would not tremble at the daily happenings in Christendom/ the rots/decays, you love diluted doctrines and see nothing wrong in God exposing such rots and decays. But God will sanitize the church, you can't stop God.
If I decide to continue to reply your mentions, we will drag on and on, but what is the use? I'd rather leave a daft fellow to keep sulking. You can't condemn JW because you kick against true preachings. Christians may react to threads here, it's not a crime especially if it's the truth, my observations were true. May God give you wisdom, stop discussing me as this should be my last post to you.
solite3:
I advised you not to quote me. But it seems you have been seriously bruised with the truth.

you lack comprehension, where did I compare myself with moses. What do you know about doctrines? When you heart is not right with God, how will you know sound doctrine.

You want pastors to be ridiculed, speaks much about you.

who are you to dictate to op?
Your intention was to use emotional black mail to fault the op. If moses had listened to the people to go back to Egypt would they have seen the promise land? Listen and listen good, Christian teachings are not based on emotion or what people want but what God wants.
People like you will heap up teachers teaching only what you want to hear.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

How did the op kick against the scriptures between you and op who is venting frustration against the biblical teaching of wife submitting to their own husbands?
I challenge you point out where the op kicked against the scripture If you are not a clamorous liar.

the word christlike has been abused by people like you. It is no surprising that you call an antichrist herectic christlike.

It is clear you dont want to submit 100 percent but you want 100 percent love from your hisband right? Hypocrite.

you call quoting the scriptures childish, oh Jesus was childish when he quoted the scriptures to describe the hypocrisy of the pharisees.
Because it does not go down well with your perverted mind then it is not godly.

You quote out scriptures you dont even understand.

You want what will suit your corrupt mind, you better repent of your wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:46am On Jul 06, 2019
You are referring to my comments on previous threads. I can even recall you were the man who created a thread to encourage marital rape/enslavement of wives. That thread may have been deleted.
The day you teach the truth I will listen to your advice. I believe in submission of wives, yes I do, if you truly possess the brain of an adult in the body of a man, you should have known that even a dog, who is badly treated will hardly be loyal to it's owner, so how much more a wife!
Your 5th paragraph is quite funny, you say it is wrong for a wife to mention ways her husband should show love, I don't know if I agree to that, but my question is, if a man practices what 2nd Pet.3:7 says, no wife will have a reason to remind her husband to love her. Coupled with the fact that you are against teachings reminding husband's to love their wives, why do you blame women if they ask such from their husbands?
You also claim that a wife who submits, automatically will be loved, this is pathetic. It makes me wonder if am chatting with an adult because if you are an adult you should have seen good wives suffering in the hands of their husbands, why? Because some husband's have forgotten their roles to love wives. Besides, Bible handled love/submission hand-in-hand, so who are you to claim otherwise? Anyway, Bible had warned about such gangs of pastors-Mat:24:24, 2nd Tim 4:3, Mat7:22, etc.The more preachings ignore reminding husband's their roles, we can see it has made women to be rebellious.
I who made this observation is criticized, fine. Lastly, I think a little teaching from the JW church may help you, I may be wrong. Or I put it better, teaching the truth, will make a JW believe in what you preach.
alBHAGDADI:

You didn't reply my question because you had no answer nor anything to help prove your claim.

Why are you so mad at this thread? It's very clear you are of the spirit of equality in the household, that's why you are clamouring for this thread and others alike to also preach about husbands loving their wife.

This thread is about wives submitting. Take it as it is because it is an advice for you. But you have chosen to be like a kid who says she won't take correction from her father because the kid across the street doesn't get corrected by her own father. Do you know what will happen to you? You will be set on the wrong path because the correction meant to set you aright has been rejected by you all because the kid across the street doesn't get corrected.

You keep yearning for men to be told how to love their wife, but what you really want is to state how you want to be loved, which is usually anti-hierarchy when examined. You actually want to be the second captain in the ship, which is disastrous.

You are not to state how you should be loved. Doing such is the same as demanding equality in marriage. But the moment you obey God's command that you should submit to your husband, you will start to see how you really should be loved, because your husband will start to show it to you. You will so much enjoy it because you have activated God's blessings by obeying his command.

As for JW, you really know nothing about them. How can you when you have refused to obey the words of the Bible. You say JW can never teach 100% submission. That's very true because they themselves don't submit to Jesus Christ, they just pay lipservice. That's why they can never teach that a wife should submit 100% to her husband. You have a lot in common with them because you also don't believe in 100% submission as clearly stated by the words of Jesus in the Bible. It also shows that you don't submit to Jesus himself.

Ephesians 5:23-24
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

The above passage says the wife should submit to their husband in everything without exception. Yet you have swallowed the lies of JW that 100% submission is wrong. You better retrace your step.

2 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by alBHAGDADI: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You are referring to my comments on previous threads. I can even recall you were the man who created a thread to encourage marital rape/enslavement of wives. That thread may have been deleted.

The day you teach the truth I will listen to your advice. I believe in submission of wives, yes I do, if you truly possess the brain of an adult in the body of a man, you should have known that even a dog, who is badly treated will hardly be loyal to it's owner, so how much more a wife!

Your 5th paragraph is quite funny, you say it is wrong for a wife to mention ways her husband should show love, I don't know if I agree to that, but my question is, if a man practices what 2nd Pet.3:7 says, no wife will have a reason to remind her husband to love her. Coupled with the fact that you are against teachings reminding husband's to love their wives, why do you blame women if they ask such from their husbands?
You also claim that a wife who submits, automatically will be loved, this is pathetic. It makes me wonder if am chatting with an adult because if you are an adult you should have seen good wives suffering in the hands of their husbands, why? Because some husband's have forgotten their roles to love wives. Besides, Bible handled love/submission hand-in-hand, so who are you to claim otherwise? Anyway, Bible had warned about such gangs of pastors-Mat:24:24, 2nd Tim 4:3, Mat7:22, etc.The more preachings ignore reminding husband's their roles, we can see it has made women to be rebellious.
I who made this observation is criticized, fine. Lastly, I think a little teaching from the JW church may help you, I may be wrong. Or I put it better, teaching the truth, will make a JW believe in what you preach.

Your first paragraph is typical of people who don't want to accept the true message. They attack the messenger by finding faults in him so as to reject his message. That thread on Mariral rape is spot on, and no one was able to use Bible verses to counter it. They all used their own emotions and sentiments, just as you are doing.

Your second paragraph is quite funny because you have likened women to dogs. So because a dog behaves disobediently when badly treated, women ahould also do the same when their husband treats them badly? Are you a Christian at all? The Bible says women are to submit to their husband in EVERYTHING. It doesn't say they can revolt when badly treated or whatever. Your husband's failure in performing his duties shouldn't be a reason for you to kick against obeying God's commandment. You are not to punish him because he's not under your authority but under God's authority. God will certainly punish him for not loving you as commanded. It is only God that has the right to punish him, not you because you are under his rule as decreed by God.

Genesis 3:16 (KJV)
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Your husband however has the right to punish you for disobeying him because you are under his rule and he has authority over you.

Ephesians 5:23-24 (KJV)
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, [/b]even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, [b]so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

You say women become disobedient to their husband because he failed to perform his duty of loving them. Women are never to abdicate their duties as commanded by God, no matter what. Yes, your husband is treating you wrongly, but disobeying him as a result of that is unchristian-like. Jesus said we should do good to those who spitefully use us.

Mathew 5:44
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:
for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If you can't love your husband despite the abdication of his duty, then it means you are not a child of the father in heaven who does Good to those who hate him. Don't you know that you can, by your way of loving your husband, make him have a change of heart? But when you fail to continue with the command from God to submit to your husband, then your household will be fire for fire and never peaceful.

I've never been against the teaching for men to love their wife. What I'm against is wives dictating how to be loved by their husband. This leads to chaos. Imagine a wife who's married to a low income earner now telling her husband that the way she can be loved is for him to buy her a N10million car. Yes, sometimes women can be foolish to make such demands, but where the problem lies is when she starts causing trouble in the house because her husband turned down her Disney Land fantasy. Tell yourself the truth: Don't you want your husband to fly you to Dubai on vacation? Don't you want to be treated like Princess Kate Middleton? Yes you want, but you know your husband might not have such capacity, that's why you discard such thoughts and desires. But a stupid woman will demand for such all in the name of "how I'm to be loved".

Preaching for women to be submissive is not what is making them rebellious. It is their refusal to obey the teachings. There was never such teachings when Eve rebelled.

You will do welll to simply obey the truth in this thread and stop bothering yourself about why it didn't address men as well. You are just looking for an excuse to reject it because you are rebellious in nature.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I stopped quoting you, yet u went about insulting me. Apart from the word ''childish'',Ican't see where I insulted you in my last msg. If I decide to abuse you, you won't like it.
you didnt want to quote me but you were throwing jabs at op. so much for a pretender, calling you out for what you are is not insult. Everyone can attest to this fact. you already pouring out your vitriol. If I decide to insult you you would hate yourself.

Why did you refer to the story of Moses and Myriam if not to use it to justify your puerile claims?
and my question is simple point out the puerile claims?

how would know when you comments are without thought, go back and read slowly. Your initial post was about op balancing the article by addressing men, which would have been acceptable but you went ahead to discredit op and spilling thrash against his person and his write up. You must be morally bankrupt not see the evil in what you did.

The issue isn't about Moses doing what the people said, the issue is that he listened to them,yet made his decision as a good leader guided by the spirit of God Num.12:6-8.you seem to lack this spirit, hence kicking against teaching husband's to love/wives submitting.
moses listened, you said did he obey the voice of people or God?

Acts 5:29
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

You are contentious with the truth.

Point out where op kicked kicked against teaching husband's love to wives.

You dont know the Spirit of God because you are of this world.

The Spirit of God is not in you hence you kick against op.
John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

My first post on this thread was devoid of emotions or sentiments, but a worthy observation, yet how can a pudding-head like you understand it.
you can insult but the truth remains.

It's funny how threads teaching husband's to love are beginning to spring up, more will come, but it's a shame that I who made the observation is criticizd. If i didnt mention it you and your kinds would not know.
satan would say if he didnt challenge God, then God wouldnt prove his love to man
I knew that is where you are going. I already had the intention even before this one,
Your foolish mind thought I was bias, check through my previous post, I posted an article addressing christian husband before. You couldnt see it because you looking for to vent your frustrations.

Who supported the fall of pastors? Well, only a stone hearted fellow would not tremble at the daily happenings in Christendom/ the rots/decays, you love diluted doctrines and see nothing wrong in God exposing such rots and decays. But God will sanitize the church, you can't stop God.
so because some fake pastors are manifessting their true self, so I should go all out insulting, and denigrating pastors.
Even if a pastor sin, it is not in your place to judge him.
David killed a man because the man said he killed saul who has already fallen. Why did david not give him a pat in his back. You think I will join you in your maddness.

If I decide to continue to reply your mentions, we will drag on and on, but what is the use? I'd rather leave a daft fellow to keep sulking. You can't condemn JW because you kick against true preachings. Christians may react to threads here, it's not a crime especially if it's the truth, my observations were true. May God give you wisdom, stop discussing me as this should be my last post to you.
who forced you to comment
This thread is not to condemn jws, christ didn't send me to condemn people but to save them.
I dont tolerate personal or group truth, I only know one truth that is God's truth. Now you are running away after embarassing yourself.
You that doesnt have the fear of God is talking of wisdom.
You are a clamorous liar. You better repent
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Bamz(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I stopped quoting you, yet u went about insulting me. Apart from the word ''childish'', I can't see where I insulted you in my last msg. If I decide to abuse you, you won't like it.
Why did you refer to the story of Moses and Myriam if not to use it to justify your puerile claims? The issue isn't about Moses doing what the people said, the issue is that he listened to them,yet made his decision as a good leader guided by the spirit of God Num.12:6-8.you seem to lack this spirit, hence kicking against teaching husband's to love/wives submitting.
My first post on this thread was devoid of emotions or sentiments, but a worthy observation, yet how can a pudding-head like you understand it. It's funny how threads teaching husband's to love are beginning to spring up, more will come, but it's a shame that I who made the observation is criticizd. If i didnt mention it you and your kinds would not know.

Relax hun smiley it's not worth the stress most times to have exchanges with people.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
I don't see it as stress tho. Let me read their bulky stuffs and reply just for the last time.
Bamz:

Relax hun smiley it's not worth the stress most times to have exchanges with people.

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2019
I am forced to type out scriptures and break it down for you, very unfortunate. Gen. 3:16 ''i will greatly multiply thy sorrow and conception........and they desires shall be to thy husband''. A woman's desires being to her husband here/or submitting begins when she leaves her parents to cleave to a man, bears his name, takes instructions, be a helpmeet, a subordinate, etc, and has nothing to do with ''punishment''.
Study Abraham's marriage to Sarah, Jacob's to Rachel, Isaac to Rebekah, Elkanah to Hannah, etc,study successful marriages in the Bible, you will not see where the men punished, beat, oppressed etc, they loved their wives like themselves hence no room for rebellion. Gen.16:6 ''but Abraham said unto Sarah, behold the maid is in thy hand, do to her as it pleases''. This shows love/honour. Today's preachers may kick against it and tell Abraham not to allow Sarah have a say, or some husband's of today would have told Sarah it was her fault. When Rebekah deceived Isaac, and made Esau get the blessings, one wonders why Isaac did not ''punish'' her. Or later in life why Jacob did not punish Rachel becos of how Laban maltreated him. We see how this men handled discipline, it worked for the prophets so who are you to emphasize''punishment''.
A man that mistreats his wife, just because he is the head, is ungodly, should know he is to blame, if she rebels, Rom.4:13, warned us against causing another to stumble.
Eph. 5:28 ''so ought men to love their wives as third own bodies......''. ist Pet. 3:7 talks about men honouring their wives, do you know the meaning of honour? I bring this in because you encouraged marital rape, a man that loves, honours, or sees his wife as himself would not rape her or met out a bad punishment. Why must he punish, remember the unrelated/unnecessary portions/verses you quoted here, eg. Mat. 5:44 ''but I say to you love your enemies, etc. Or how about another Bible portion I mentioned earlier? Mat. 18:25 ''moreover if the brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault......''. The man can do what these verses say, and not punish, how about that?
No Bible portion encourages husband to punish wife, tho you are twisting scriptures to reflect this. Only God has a right to ''punish'' husband and wife using whatever measures.
The trash you wrote about wife asking for money/vacation is a joke, cuz I wonder how a man faulty in character who punishes wife, can even concede to buy her good things of life. And only a silly wife, makes unreasonable requests. Your write ups also focuses so much on ''the punishment on Eve'', you don't talk about that of Adam, continue grin Am done with you!
alBHAGDADI:

Your first paragraph is typical of people who don't want to accept the true message. They attack the messenger by finding faults in him so as to reject his message. That thread on Mariral rape is spot on, and no one was able to use Bible verses to counter it. They all used their own emotions and sentiments, just as you are doing.

Your second paragraph is quite funny because you have likened women to dogs. So because a dog behaves disobediently when badly treated, women ahould also do the same when their husband treats them badly? Are you a Christian at all? The Bible says women are to submit to their husband in EVERYTHING. It doesn't say they can revolt when badly treated or whatever. Your husband's failure in performing his duties shouldn't be a reason for you to kick against obeying God's commandment. You are not to punish him because he's not under your authority but under God's authority. God will certainly punish him for not loving you as commanded. It is only God that has the right to punish him, not you because you are under his rule as decreed by God.

Genesis 3:16 (KJV)
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Your husband however has the right to punish you for disobeying him because you are under his rule and he has authority over you.

Ephesians 5:23-24 (KJV)
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, [/b]even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, [b]so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

You say women become disobedient to their husband because he failed to perform his duty of loving them. Women are never to abdicate their duties as commanded by God, no matter what. Yes, your husband is treating you wrongly, but disobeying him as a result of that is unchristian-like. Jesus said we should do good to those who spitefully use us.

Mathew 5:44
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:
for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If you can't love your husband despite the abdication of his duty, then it means you are not a child of the father in heaven who does Good to those who hate him. Don't you know that you can, by your way of loving your husband, make him have a change of heart? But when you fail to continue with the command from God to submit to your husband, then your household will be fire for fire and never peaceful.

I've never been against the teaching for men to love their wife. What I'm against is wives dictating how to be loved by their husband. This leads to chaos. Imagine a wife who's married to a low income earner now telling her husband that the way she can be loved is for him to buy her a N10million car. Yes, sometimes women can be foolish to make such demands, but where the problem lies is when she starts causing trouble in the house because her husband turned down her Disney Land fantasy. Tell yourself the truth: Don't you want your husband to fly you to Dubai on vacation? Don't you want to be treated like Princess Kate Middleton? Yes you want, but you know your husband might not have such capacity, that's why you discard such thoughts and desires. But a stupid woman will demand for such all in the name of "how I'm to be loved".

Preaching for women to be submissive is not what is making them rebellious. It is their refusal to obey the teachings. There was never such teachings when Eve rebelled.

You will do welll to simply obey the truth in this thread and stop bothering yourself about why it didn't address men as well. You are just looking for an excuse to reject it because you are rebellious in nature.

2 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2019
Puerile claims, let me point out only one amongst the many: in claiming that there is nothing wrong writing numerous threads on submission, without any for the men. You said ''who am I to dictate to op simply because I made an observation. You ask silly questions whose answers you can see in my chats.
-An observation is different from venting frustration.
-you cannot save those in other doctrines when you are still lost.
-More men head churches, so it's easier they produce teachers to twist doctrines to suite their appetite.
- I read threads in this section often, my observations are not wrong.
solite3:
you didnt want to quote me but you were throwing jabs at op. so much for a pretender, calling you out for what you are is not insult. Everyone can attest to this fact. you already pouring out your vitriol. If I decide to insult you you would hate yourself.

and my question is simple point out the puerile claims?

how would know when you comments are without thought, go back and read slowly. Your initial post was about op balancing the article by addressing men, which would have been acceptable but you went ahead to discredit op and spilling thrash against his person and his write up. You must be morally bankrupt not see the evil in what you did.

moses listened, you said did he obey the voice of people or God?

Acts 5:29
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

You are contentious with the truth.

Point out where op kicked kicked against teaching husband's love to wives.

You dont know the Spirit of God because you are of this world.

The Spirit of God is not in you hence you kick against op.
John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

you can insult but the truth remains.

satan would say if he didnt challenge God, then God wouldnt prove his love to man
I knew that is where you are going. I already had the intention even before this one,
Your foolish mind thought I was bias, check through my previous post, I posted an article addressing christian husband before. You couldnt see it because you looking for to vent your frustrations.

so because some fake pastors are manifessting their true self, so I should go all out insulting, and denigrating pastors.
Even if a pastor sin, it is not in your place to judge him.
David killed a man because the man said he killed saul who has already fallen. Why did david not give him a pat in his back. You think I will join you in your maddness.

who forced you to comment
This thread is not to condemn jws, christ didn't send me to condemn people but to save them.
I dont tolerate personal or group truth, I only know one truth that is God's truth. Now you are running away after embarassing yourself.
You that doesnt have the fear of God is talking of wisdom.
You are a clamorous liar. You better repent

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2019
Abraham: Sarah's "lord"

8/4/2015 by Dr. D. Lance Waldie

Genesis 18:12… Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I have become old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?”

In 1 Peter 3:5-6 the Apostle Peter comments on Sarah’s thoughts about Abraham after the Lord told him that they would be having a child in their old age. Previous to this, Peter advises that wives submit to their husbands out of reverence for God (vv. 1-4) who ordained that men lead their wives and that wives submit to them (cf. Eph. 5:22-33). Then in vv. 5-6 Peter gives illustrations of OT wives who were submissive to their husbands. First, Peter calls these OT wives “holy”—set apart—a theme that dominates his writings (cf. 1:15-16). After all, Christian conduct is pleasing to God, and to this Christians are called (cf. Mark 8:38; Eph. 3:5). Second, Peter says these women “hoped in God” and were thus Christians before the coming of Christ! (“hope” being a synonym for faith, cf. 1:21; 3:15). The “hope” of these saintly OT wives is instructive, for it reveals that they did not deem themselves mentally or spiritually inferior to their husbands, but they did have faith that God would reward them eternally for their hope.

Of course “hope” is a major theme in 1 Peter, for in writing to persecuted Christians, Peter knew that the reminder of future glory in Christ brings comfort in the midst of persecution (1:3-9), and Christians must set their hope on their eternal inheritance which is Christ (1:3-13, 21; 3:15). Such hope characterized the lives of the OT saints, for their hope endured during the tumultuous times of their existence when God’s promises seemed absolutely impossible.

So with a description of the godly wives from the past, Peter now shares how these OT women adorned themselves, specifically Sarah, the wife of Abraham: “by submitting to their own husbands.” Sarah is said to have “obeyed” her husband, even calling him “lord” in Genesis 18:12. Obviously, “obeyed” is synonymous with “submit” (cf. Luke 2:51; Rom. 8:7; 10:3; 13:1; 1 Cor. 14:34, etc.) which shows that submission does not simply entail respect for one’s husband but total devotion. Thus, the issue of submission grows even more difficult and controversial!
Peter’s allusion to Sarah comes from Genesis 18:12 where she made a cynical statement as to the physical impossibility of her becoming pregnant by her “lord,” namely Abraham. What Peter found significant about her statement was that she still referred to her old husband with respect and dignity rather than saying, “What! That old man the father of my child?”

Now although it is known that Sarah was physically beautiful even as a woman over the age of 65 and even into her late seventies (cf. Gen. 12:12-16; 20:1-2), the accounts of her life in Genesis 12-22 reveals that she, though not perfect, was adorned with a “gentle and quiet spirit” (v. 4). In other words, it is not so much what one hears from her in mouth but what is not heard from her—no grumbling and no criticism of her “lord,” Abraham. This is amazing given that God called her husband to leave his country and family and wander in a nation not his own to receive an inheritance to which he had no claim! Then, after she bore her only son Isaac at the age of 90, God commanded Abraham to sacrifice him! And still no flamboyant protests from Sarah. Clearly, she was faithful (Heb. 11:11), hopeful (v. 5), gentle, and quiet-spirited (v. 4).

Food for Thought
Sarah’s children today are the are godly wives who adorn themselves with submission and obedience toward their husbands. She feared nothing, yet she followed the lead of her husband. Though she could have protested and made Abraham miserable, she submitted to him. Note the contrast between what the world tells young girls today about womanhood and what the Bible teaches! Sadly, many Christians have bought into worldly view of women, some even believing that making missionaries of their daughters is better than making godly wives. What a travesty!
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Puerile claims, let me point out only one amongst the many: in claiming that there is nothing wrong writing numerous threads on submission, without any for the men. You said ''who am I to dictate to op simply because I made an observation. You ask silly questions whose answers you can see in my chats.
-An observation is different from venting frustration.
-you cannot save those in other doctrines when you are still lost.
-More men head churches, so it's easier they produce teachers to twist doctrines to suite their appetite.
- I read threads in this section often, my observations are not wrong.
keep quiet! You should be ashamed. Which observation? You came to someone's thread to dictate what he should write. Point out the puerile statement of op?
Look at the way you are lying,what does the many writing of women's submission got to do with the validity of the op? You are the one that is lost yet you refuse to see it.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2019
Many silly women take themselves to be better than sarah because this is 21st century hence they follow satan.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by alBHAGDADI: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I am forced to type out scriptures and break it down for you, very unfortunate. Gen. 3:16 ''i will greatly multiply thy sorrow and conception........and they desires shall be to thy husband''. A woman's desires being to her husband here/or submitting begins when she leaves her parents to cleave to a man, bears his name, takes instructions, be a helpmeet, a subordinate, etc, and has nothing to do with ''punishment''.
Study Abraham's marriage to Sarah, Jacob's to Rachel, Isaac to Rebekah, Elkanah to Hannah, etc,study successful marriages in the Bible, you will not see where the men punished, beat, oppressed etc, they loved their wives like themselves hence no room for rebellion. Gen.16:6 ''but Abraham said unto Sarah, behold the maid is in thy hand, do to her as it pleases''. This shows love/honour. Today's preachers may kick against it and tell Abraham not to allow Sarah have a say, or some husband's of today would have told Sarah it was her fault. When Rebekah deceived Isaac, and made Esau get the blessings, one wonders why Isaac did not ''punish'' her. Or later in life why Jacob did not punish Rachel becos of how Laban maltreated him. We see how this men handled discipline, it worked for the prophets so who are you to emphasize''punishment''.
A man that mistreats his wife, just because he is the head, is ungodly, should know he is to blame, if she rebels, Rom.4:13, warned us against causing another to stumble.
Eph. 5:28 ''so ought men to love their wives as third own bodies......''. ist Pet. 3:7 talks about men honouring their wives, do you know the meaning of honour? I bring this in because you encouraged marital rape, a man that loves, honours, or sees his wife as himself would not rape her or met out a bad punishment. Why must he punish, remember the unrelated/unnecessary portions/verses you quoted here, eg. Mat. 5:44 ''but I say to you love your enemies, etc. Or how about another Bible portion I mentioned earlier? Mat. 18:25 ''moreover if the brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault......''. The man can do what these verses say, and not punish, how about that?
No Bible portion encourages husband to punish wife, tho you are twisting scriptures to reflect this. Only God has a right to ''punish'' husband and wife using whatever measures.
The trash you wrote about wife asking for money/vacation is a joke, cuz I wonder how a man faulty in character who punishes wife, can even concede to buy her good things of life. And only a silly wife, makes unreasonable requests. Your write ups also focuses so much on ''the punishment on Eve'', you don't talk about that of Adam, continue grin Am done with you!

You didn't say anything.

Just disjointed

In what way did the women you mentioned from the Bible disobey their husbands? They didn't, that's why they never got punished. Stop going extreme by using words like beat, oppress and equating then with the understanding of punish as used by me. You are just using those words to appease yourself.

The punishment I'm talking about is the husband not loving his wife because she doesn't deserve it due to her lack of submissiveness. You can't get what you don't deserve. She has to first submit then she gets loved. Same thing happens when we submit to God, we get loved by him.

Where did I encourage rape? You lack comprehension basically because your rebellious self couldn't allow you wrap your head around the message of that thread of mine. I simply stated that there is nothing called marital rape, neither in the eyes of God nor any law on Earth. A man has paid for his wife and so should never be deprived of sex with her. The only exception is when they are fasting and praying, so says the Bible. But a rebellious wife like yourself believe you can't ration sex with your husband or withhold it whenever you feel like. Apostle Paul calls such fraud. You want to eat your cake and have it. After signing for better for worse, you still want to act like it's a dating relationship. That shows you dont obey the Bible. You dont fear God. You are very stubborn with a foul spirit deceiving you. Your kind will be first to cry out when your husband now stops seeing you as beautiful because he's now getting loads of sex outside. It's all because you failed to submit in EVERYTHING as stated by the Bible.

What I've seen so far in you is that you dont believe the word of God. You are angry at it because you feel men are using it against women. No, men are using it against Satan who has been destroying women right from Eve. You might not identify as a feminist, but you have the spirit in you.

Keep rejecting the advice of this thread because it doesn't address men. You case is no different from a JAMB candidate who refuses to sit for his exams in Lagos simply because JAMB postponed the exam for candidates in Anambra State due to some hitches. Guess who will fail?
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2019
@LilMissFavvy
If you argue with them from now till tomorrow, the only thing you'll discover is their ability to abuse, insult, curse and agitate judgmentally.
But as for the fruit of God's holy spirit, you'll never notice anything like that in their comments!
They will even tell you they're performing miracles in their respective religious centers, but their fruitage is just thorns and thistles! Matthew 7:20-23
Maximus69:

I've been studying the Bible throughout the day with interested persons who love the truth but are still lacking understanding of what is going on!

You mentioned three main factors that has blinded billions from recognizing true Christians!
¤PROPHESY
¤MIRACLES
¤GIFT of Holy Spirit. smiley

Well i'm convinced you will trust Jesus' words on the matter.
Remember he said 'an adulterous and crooked generation keep seeking a sign, no sign will be given them except the sign of Jonah' Matthew 16:4

Please carefully examine the similarities and contractions between this two events!

*Jonah was a Jewish prophet sent to a pagan nation named Nineveh {Babylonian city}
*He was to warn them about God's impending anger, but Ninevites knew nothing about God's laws
*He wasn't given any miraculous powers so he's just to sound the warnings and walk away
*Even Israelites who knew God's laws treated God's prophets badly so Jonah is scared of pagans
*At last after running and God sending him back, Jonah courageously went and delivered the message
*Unknowing to Jonah, enough Ninevites repented and God stopped that calamity
*Jonah was disappointed that God didn't destroy Nineveh as prophesied
*God later brought the calamity on Nineveh much later when Jonah and most of his contemporaries have died

Now compare to this

*The whole world thought there is a religion called Christianity but it was falsehood, so God chose a small group of Bible students and sent them to proclaim his judgement upon the whole earth.
*They started the program in America and most religionists claiming Christians began opposing them because all their teachings were strange to everyone
*They became discouraged and devastated so that for THREE consecutive years the work was stopped
*After THREE years in the spiritual prison they came back boldly and started a global preaching and teaching tour
*They performed NO SIGNS so most people familiar with the deceit of Christendom thought THIS PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
*But honesthearted individuals listened to their messages, meditated thoroughly on what they're teaching and joined them in spreading the message
*Many of the Bible students themselves were confused as what they've pronounced wasn't forthcoming so many left the organization but some who had the right thinking remained, because they reasoned that God has delayed the calamity due to millions who are joining the organization globally
*Most of those who started the warning have slept in death but JEHOVAH will surely destroy the adulterous and crooked generation in his own due time

Jesus said NO SIGN will be given, but the sign of Jonah! Matthew 12:39-41

The only sign now is that millions globally have joined this organization and everyone on this planet can SEE the fruitage of their STRANGE doctrines. So it's enough for sincere and honesthearted observers, because Jesus never said 'you will know them by the familiarity of their teachings' but 'BY THEIR FRUIT' Matthew 7:16-17

May God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
You are correct.... ..... even after mentioning wives and breaking down scriptures, am shocked that someone would claim that the wives did not disobey or err. What Rebekah did is called deceit, Hannah took the decision to keep Samuel with Eli, without obtaining her husband's permission, she only told him much later, Sarah's own is clearly seen, If a wife of today takes decision to go to church, without informing the husband, this same people will say she is disobedient, she erred, Men in scriptures were so wise in dealing with their wives. I can go on aand one, but let me ignore the thread.
Maximus69:
@LilMissFavvy
If you argue with them from now till tomorrow, the only thing you'll discover is their ability to abuse, insult, curse and agitate judgmentally.
But as for the fruit of God's holy spirit, you'll never notice anything like that in their comments!
They will even tell you they're performing miracles in their respective religious centers, but their fruitage is just thorns and thistles! Matthew 7:20-23

2 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2019
Prophesy, gift of holyspirit, gift of visions, fasting, dreams, tithes, miracles, etc....... these are things I don't understand why JW does not practice, believe me spiritual gifts are real. Some were born with it. I cannot lie for you. I have deliberated on this with my JW friends. Lets not go into it, because I may not have the time to reply all mentions. Tanx for the encouragement! cool
Maximus69:

I've been studying the Bible throughout the day with interested persons who love the truth but are still lacking understanding of what is going on!

You mentioned three main factors that has blinded billions from recognizing true Christians!
¤PROPHESY
¤MIRACLES
¤GIFT of Holy Spirit. smiley

Well i'm convinced you will trust Jesus' words on the matter.
Remember he said 'an adulterous and crooked generation keep seeking a sign, no sign will be given them except the sign of Jonah' Matthew 16:4

Please carefully examine the similarities and contractions between this two events!

*Jonah was a Jewish prophet sent to a pagan nation named Nineveh {Babylonian city}
*He was to warn them about God's impending anger, but Ninevites knew nothing about God's laws
*He wasn't given any miraculous powers so he's just to sound the warnings and walk away
*Even Israelites who knew God's laws treated God's prophets badly so Jonah is scared of pagans
*At last after running and God sending him back, Jonah courageously went and delivered the message
*Unknowing to Jonah, enough Ninevites repented and God stopped that calamity
*Jonah was disappointed that God didn't destroy Nineveh as prophesied
*God later brought the calamity on Nineveh much later when Jonah and most of his contemporaries have died

Now compare to this

*The whole world thought there is a religion called Christianity but it was falsehood, so God chose a small group of Bible students and sent them to proclaim his judgement upon the whole earth.
*They started the program in America and most religionists claiming Christians began opposing them because all their teachings were strange to everyone
*They became discouraged and devastated so that for THREE consecutive years the work was stopped
*After THREE years in the spiritual prison they came back boldly and started a global preaching and teaching tour
*They performed NO SIGNS so most people familiar with the deceit of Christendom thought THIS PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
*But honesthearted individuals listened to their messages, meditated thoroughly on what they're teaching and joined them in spreading the message
*Many of the Bible students themselves were confused as what they've pronounced wasn't forthcoming so many left the organization but some who had the right thinking remained, because they reasoned that God has delayed the calamity due to millions who are joining the organization globally
*Most of those who started the warning have slept in death but JEHOVAH will surely destroy the adulterous and crooked generation in his own due time

Jesus said NO SIGN will be given, but the sign of Jonah! Matthew 12:39-41

The only sign now is that millions globally have joined this organization and everyone on this planet can SEE the fruitage of their STRANGE doctrines. So it's enough for sincere and honesthearted observers, because Jesus never said 'you will know them by the familiarity of their teachings' but 'BY THEIR FRUIT' Matthew 7:16-17

May God bless you!
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 07, 2019
During the first century, when Christianity was born as a new child, all those mentioned were characteristics of the new born baby. 1Corinthians 13:11
But as Christianity started advancing to maturity all those gifts ENDED! 1Corinthians 13:12
So why having it in the first instance?
Jesus answered by saying there will be false even amongst his followers{Matthew 7:21-23} therefore how will the word of God be completed since Malachi is not the end of all the sacred writings God intended to reveal to mankind?
That's why all these signs will accompany those that will COMPLETE God's word, but after it's completion they will all cease!
Today the only sign left for sincere and honesthearted persons to RECOGNISE pure worship is LOVE! 1Corinthians 13:13 compared to John 13:34-35

As for all these later days signs, please try to make a thorough research regarding the Churches from the second century to early twentieth century, you can never find any traces of all these because it has ended at the close of the first century after the completion of the Bible! So all those claiming Christians afterwards don't pretend to have any such signs.
But the Bible revealed that when it's close to the time Satan will be abysed he will quickly send out demons to start giving all these signs in order to mislead people {Revelations 16:14} so that even while true Christians are telling them the TRUTH they'll continue doubting because of those FAKE signs!
Note what that verse said 'it's all in a bid to gather people against God!'

So YES! we know that the signs are for REAL and that those people are truly possessed by spirits but they're NOT from God, otherwise Jesus won't say they will perform signs that could deceive EVEN THOSE CHOSEN BY GOD! Matthew 24:24
The reason why Jesus said these is because by the time Satan starts performing all these signs, true worshipers of God would have passed that stage and all that will occupy their minds is the LOVE of God {1John 5:3}
Remember that Timothy also one of the first century Christians wasn't cured miraculously but advised to GO AND TAKE MEDICATIONS {1Timothy 5:23} is that not a sign that the powers to heal instantly amongst them has began diminishing?
So whatever happens during the end times {2Timothy 3:1-5} shouldn't make them wander about for MIRACLES { Mark 13:21} to solve the problems that only God's kingdom will settle once and for all times! Galatians 5:19-21
God bless you!

LilMissFavvy:
Prophesy, gift of holyspirit, gift of visions, fasting, dreams, tithes, miracles, etc....... these are things I don't understand why JW does not practice, believe me spiritual gifts are real. Some were born with it. I cannot lie for you. I have deliberated on this with my JW friends. Lets not go into it, because I may not have the time to reply all mentions. Tanx for the encouragement! cool

2 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
Z
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by peggywebbs(f): 12:57am On Jul 24, 2019
I won't bother arguing with folks on this thread. Apparently the op has a problem with women who are independent. We live in a society that believes a woman is the one that needs marriage so she should be ready to hold on to it with all her strength whether she is loved or not.

The Op tells women to submit and his other male counterparts do not believe a woman should be loved. You argue with them, they will tell you you're not a Christian so please just leave them to find the woman that would submit to them without love.

LilMissFavvy:
If his write up is from the Bible he would have also advice men to love their wives, and teach men ways to show love. Yes marriage is destroyed because a wife who submits but is not shown love, is bound to begin to rebel or hate her husband.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:06am On Jul 24, 2019
Yes o, let them Continue with their one-sided teachings, I was done with the thread.
peggywebbs:
I won't bother arguing with folks on this thread. Apparently the op has a problem with women who are independent. We live in a society that believes a woman is the one that needs marriage so she should be ready to hold on to it with all her strength whether she is loved or not.

The Op tells women to submit and his other male counterparts do not believe a woman should be loved. You argue with them, they will tell you you're not a Christian so please just leave them to find the woman that would submit to them without love.

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 24, 2019
peggywebbs:
the post never called for argument. I do not preach society or whatever it believes.

If you are a Christian you would be intrested in what God commands not wordly value.
As a Christian wife you should submit to your husband whether he loves you or not same with a man.
Jesus said we should even love our enemies amd pray for those who dispitefully use us, going by worldly value Jesus is insane and an oppressor but the things human considers to be wisdom is foolishness before God.

1 Corinthians 1:25
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Every Christian should follow the example of Jesus.
When Jesus would have revenge for himself yet he prayed for his enemies.

If you call yourself a Christian and yet you oppose God ways you are not a christian just a goat pretending to be sheep.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by peggywebbs(f): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
I came to this thread because the subject interested m. I read the OPs message and I loved it. I went further down and saw the comment of men loving their wives and I also loved that observation. You can't seperate the Bible from the society. The bible is meant to be our moral compass.
If you want to send a message to the world, then you must be able to connect with the society especially since the message is to enlighten women about their roles to their husbands.
The rate of divorce keeps rising at an alarming rate and I appreciate when people come up with relevant solutions to counsel couples entering into marriages. I believe women should submit at all times and with wisdom. Why do I say so? Because our society is becoming more and more corrupt so you have to also submit without comprising your beliefs.

Man and woman should be aware of their roles in a marriage and that is what I think LilMissFavy is talking about. She only made the inclusion of love in addition to submission because most marriages lack the element of love. You would agree that the foundation of most marriages these days are not built on love.

I went on to read further and saw the comment of the JW fellow. First of all I am not Jehovah's Witness but I am a Christian. When I hear the word of God, so far it is not contrary to what the Bible says I agree. We are all Christians.

I remember a revelation I got some months back and it was part of the message the Lord was passing. He said there is no love in the church and that doesn't mean any denomination but the general church. I got this scriptures from the Holy Spirit in a vision, please read 1 Corinth chapter 3 and 4. I didn't make up this chapters but I urge you to read it. It describes our role as servants of God. I got this message particularly after I received a condemnation from a friend of mine. It was God's simple answer to my question.

We are all Christians, whether JW, Catholic, Baptist etc. We are all building on the foundation which Jesus Christ has laid and it is on the last day that each will be judged according to what we have built on that foundation. We should not judge who is a Christian before the ultimate judge comes.

Also please do not tell people they do not have the Holy Spirit, and also do not boast with the Holy Spirit. Pray instead and leave in love. The message of the Holy Spirit does not condemn but instead shows conviction (convincing people about the message of God).

As I read on further on this thread all I saw was bickering. 2 TIMOTHY 2:23‭-‬25 AMP says:

But have nothing to do with foolish and ignorant speculations [useless disputes over unedifying, stupid controversies], since you know that they produce strife and give birth to quarrels. The servant of the Lord must not participate in quarrels, but must be kind to everyone [even-tempered, preserving peace, and he must be], skilled in teaching, patient and tolerant when wronged. He must correct those who are in opposition with courtesy and gentleness in the hope that God may grant that they will repent and be led to the knowledge of the truth [accurately understanding and welcoming it],

Please you all should remember that even in six months time new people will visit this thread and all they would see especially aethiests will just be seeing Christians using bible passages to barter each other.

The bible is complete, every woman has her role in a marriage and men also. When one arm is faulty, the whole body is affected. We need love, patience, obedience, kindness and all good attributes from both parties to make a sustainable marriage.

solite3:
the post never called for argument. I do not preach society or whatever it believes.

If you are a Christian you would be intrested in what God commands not wordly value.
As a Christian wife you should submit to your husband whether he loves you or not same with a man.
Jesus said we should even love our enemies amd pray for those who dispitefully use us, going by worldly value Jesus is insane and an oppressor but the things human considers to be wisdom is foolishness before God.

1 Corinthians 1:25
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Every Christian should follow the example of Jesus.
When Jesus would have revenge for himself yet he prayed for his enemies.

If you call yourself a Christian and yet you oppose God ways you are not a christian just a goat pretending to be sheep.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by peggywebbs(f): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
Hello Maximus69

I read your comment but I just couldn't resist the urge to comment. I do not have anything against JW, I have friends from the church and I see all of us as Christians. Here's what I will tell you. I am a lawyer and a researcher. I am always ready to find the truth wherever it leads my inquisitiveness.

I was brought up in a Christian home, my dad wasn't all that religious but my mum she was more committed. I was Anglican and even as a child no one told me anything about gifts of the spirit, healing or miracles so I didn't worry about them.

As I became a teenager my mum will ask me, did you hear God's voice and I'll look at her like seriously? There was even a time I spent hours in silence hoping to hear a voice but nothing. Back to present day, what happened was God was talking but I wasn't listening. Right from when I was very small I would just know some things which I can not have any knowledge about. I would be taken to places (I didn't know it was the spirit realm until last year) and I was able to counsel people, resolve disputes not by my own power because I am usually very shy.

I witnessed healing first hand and not from the hands of a pastor but by faith. When Jesus died he said he will send the Holy Spirit (John 14:15-31). The work of Christians does not end with the disciples and that is why more apostles where appointed to set up churches and spread the word. Jesus came to set a foundation and he showed us everything we should do. That's why we are called Christians, (Christ like).

The false prophets and teachers, false miracles and magic are usually contrary to the word of God. There is a lot you will need to know and the bible has all the answers. The work of God has not ended until the last day. Prosecution of Christians all around the world is real and still going on, evangelism is very real, there are so many people that have not received the word of God or knowledge of Christ.

I can't go into details because there is so much to discover but here's what I want you to do. If you hear a lot of people talking about the Holy Spirit, dreams, visions, and the rest and you don't believe, find out why they keep talking about these things. I mean keep an open mind, put away everything you know or have learned in church for a while, go on your knees and ask God to reveal the truth. That's all and let him answer you.

I'm not condemning you but I'm just saying keep an open mind and seek answers through prayer.

I believe in my heart that you will get answers but only if you ask. God bless my brother

Maximus69:
During the first century, when Christianity was born as a new child, all those mentioned were characteristics of the new born baby. 1Corinthians 13:11
But as Christianity started advancing to maturity all those gifts ENDED! 1Corinthians 13:12
So why having it in the first instance?
Jesus answered by saying there will be false even amongst his followers{Matthew 7:21-23} therefore how will the word of God be completed since Malachi is not the end of all the sacred writings God intended to reveal to mankind?
That's why all these signs will accompany those that will COMPLETE God's word, but after it's completion they will all cease!
Today the only sign left for sincere and honesthearted persons to RECOGNISE pure worship is LOVE! 1Corinthians 13:13 compared to John 13:34-35

As for all these later days signs, please try to make a thorough research regarding the Churches from the second century to early twentieth century, you can never find any traces of all these because it has ended at the close of the first century after the completion of the Bible! So all those claiming Christians afterwards don't pretend to have any such signs.
But the Bible revealed that when it's close to the time Satan will be abysed he will quickly send out demons to start giving all these signs in order to mislead people {Revelations 16:14} so that even while true Christians are telling them the TRUTH they'll continue doubting because of those FAKE signs!
Note what that verse said 'it's all in a bid to gather people against God!'

So YES! we know that the signs are for REAL and that those people are truly possessed by spirits but they're NOT from God, otherwise Jesus won't say they will perform signs that could deceive EVEN THOSE CHOSEN BY GOD! Matthew 24:24
The reason why Jesus said these is because by the time Satan starts performing all these signs, true worshipers of God would have passed that stage and all that will occupy their minds is the LOVE of God {1John 5:3}
Remember that Timothy also one of the first century Christians wasn't cured miraculously but advised to GO AND TAKE MEDICATIONS {1Timothy 5:23} is that not a sign that the powers to heal instantly amongst them has began diminishing?
So whatever happens during the end times {2Timothy 3:1-5} shouldn't make them wander about for MIRACLES { Mark 13:21} to solve the problems that only God's kingdom will settle once and for all times! Galatians 5:19-21
God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
peggywebbs:
I came to this thread because the subject interested m. I read the OPs message and I loved it. I went further down and saw the comment of men loving their wives and I also loved that observation. You can't seperate the Bible from the society. The bible is meant to be our moral compass.
If you want to send a message to the world, then you must be able to connect with the society especially since the message is to enlighten women about their roles to their husbands.
The rate of divorce keeps rising at an alarming rate and I appreciate when people come up with relevant solutions to counsel couples entering into marriages. I believe women should submit at all times and with wisdom. Why do I say so? Because our society is becoming more and more corrupt so you have to also submit without comprising your beliefs.

Man and woman should be aware of their roles in a marriage and that is what I think LilMissFavy is talking about. She only made the inclusion of love in addition to submission because most marriages lack the element of love. You would agree that the foundation of most marriages these days are not built on love.

I went on to read further and saw the comment of the JW fellow. First of all I am not Jehovah's Witness but I am a Christian. When I hear the word of God, so far it is not contrary to what the Bible says I agree. We are all Christians.

I remember a revelation I got some months back and it was part of the message the Lord was passing. He said there is no love in the church and that doesn't mean any denomination but the general church. I got this scriptures from the Holy Spirit in a vision, please read 1 Corinth chapter 3 and 4. I didn't make up this chapters but I urge you to read it. It describes our role as servants of God. I got this message particularly after I received a condemnation from a friend of mine. It was God's simple answer to my question.

We are all Christians, whether JW, Catholic, Baptist etc. We are all building on the foundation which Jesus Christ has laid and it is on the last day that each will be judged according to what we have built on that foundation. We should not judge who is a Christian before the ultimate judge comes.

Also please do not tell people they do not have the Holy Spirit, and also do not boast with the Holy Spirit. Pray instead and leave in love. The message of the Holy Spirit does not condemn but instead shows conviction (convincing people about the message of God).

As I read on further on this thread all I saw was bickering. 2 TIMOTHY 2:23‭-‬25 AMP says:

But have nothing to do with foolish and ignorant speculations [useless disputes over unedifying, stupid controversies], since you know that they produce strife and give birth to quarrels. The servant of the Lord must not participate in quarrels, but must be kind to everyone [even-tempered, preserving peace, and he must be], skilled in teaching, patient and tolerant when wronged. He must correct those who are in opposition with courtesy and gentleness in the hope that God may grant that they will repent and be led to the knowledge of the truth [accurately understanding and welcoming it],

Please you all should remember that even in six months time new people will visit this thread and all they would see especially aethiests will just be seeing Christians using bible passages to barter each other.

The bible is complete, every woman has her role in a marriage and men also. When one arm is faulty, the whole body is affected. We need love, patience, obedience, kindness and all good attributes from both parties to make a sustainable marriage.

pls take time to read op.

You are in error.

First of all the bible and society is not one.
Secondly, you are wrong to say Christians do not judge infact a spiritual person is a very judgmental one.
Somebody who opposes Christ does not have the Spirit of Christ.

Secondly not every spirit that reveal things to people is of God example is the girl with the spirit of divination.

Thirdly I m not seeking for wordly validation or praise from humans.
I know truth is not easily accepted by people.

If you support mis favy it says much about you. You clearly do not know who a christian is.

Four, you lied making false alligation against op saying he is against independent women.

Can you point out any error in op's message ?
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
peggywebbs:
Hello Maximus69

I read your comment but I just couldn't resist the urge to comment. I do not have anything against JW, I have friends from the church and I see all of us as Christians. Here's what I will tell you. I am a lawyer and a researcher. I am always ready to find the truth wherever it leads my inquisitiveness.

I was brought up in a Christian home, my dad wasn't all that religious but my mum she was more committed. I was Anglican and even as a child no one told me anything about gifts of the spirit, healing or miracles so I didn't worry about them.

As I became a teenager my mum will ask me, did you hear God's voice and I'll look at her like seriously? There was even a time I spent hours in silence hoping to hear a voice but nothing. Back to present day, what happened was God was talking but I wasn't listening. Right from when I was very small I would just know some things which I can not have any knowledge about. I would be taken to places (I didn't know it was the spirit realm until last year) and I was able to counsel people, resolve disputes not by my own power because I am usually very shy.

I witnessed healing first hand and not from the hands of a pastor but by faith. When Jesus died he said he will send the Holy Spirit (John 14:15-31). The work of Christians does not end with the disciples and that is why more apostles where appointed to set up churches and spread the word. Jesus came to set a foundation and he showed us everything we should do. That's why we are called Christians, (Christ like).

The false prophets and teachers, false miracles and magic are usually contrary to the word of God. There is a lot you will need to know and the bible has all the answers. The work of God has not ended until the last day. Prosecution of Christians all around the world is real and still going on, evangelism is very real, there are so many people that have not received the word of God or knowledge of Christ.

I can't go into details because there is so much to discover but here's what I want you to do. If you hear a lot of people talking about the Holy Spirit, dreams, visions, and the rest and you don't believe, find out why they keep talking about these things. I mean keep an open mind, put away everything you know or have learned in church for a while, go on your knees and ask God to reveal the truth. That's all and let him answer you.

I'm not condemning you but I'm just saying keep an open mind and seek answers through prayer.

I believe in my heart that you will get answers but only if you ask. God bless my brother

There are so many false doctrines and teachings all around the world today, their secrets are blown open as they're of no lasting benefits!

Satan keeps redesigning his strategies to capture more and more people from all the corners of the earth.
When i was about the age of seven ~ twelve i often hear voices and dreams which ALWAYS COMES TRUE!
My uncle {C&S member} asked for my parents permission to take me along with him so i can start attending his Church where i can develop the gift and become a prophet.
My father {a staunch Muslim} laughed so loud because it sounds so stupid to him but because he loved his brother he said 'let him grow older, i'm sure he will decide for himself whether to become a prophet or not'

Today makes 36 years after, i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, i never became a prophet and i also abandoned Islam!
Why?
Well there are thousands of questions in my mind back then as a child, most times i'll ask my Father, Mother, Uncle, Auntie, Alfa, Imam, none of them had satisfying answers and that's how i grew up. I became a military intelligence officer and travelled to many countries due to the nature of my job.
That's how i became exposed to so many ideas like Atheism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Witchcraft and many more. But a careful consideration of all these groups revealed that they're all just like ants moving around encircling a cube of Sugar. Because none of them meet up as having the ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE about life and it's purpose.
I met Jehovah's Witnesses in Europe when one of them came to drop a literature at the gate of our client, i read part of it and ever since then i couldn't stop asking their members questions regarding the purpose of life.
They are the only group that answered my questions and made me leave that job for home {Nigeria}
Well i can't say you shouldn't follow the voices,those healings and other things associated with them. One thing i want you to know is that apart from Jehovah's Witnesses there is no other group on earth today where people don't hear or believe in voices.

BUT NONE OF THEM IS OF ANY LASTING BENEFITS TO THEM AND THERE NEIGHBOURS!

2 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by peggywebbs(f): 12:32am On Jul 25, 2019
What you said sounds just exactly like me. Pursuit for answers. I'm not really particular about any denomination when it comes to churches, I attend Catholic, Methodist, I've even attended JW in school and several penticostal churches.

Like I said I'm not saying you should change your church so far it is the word of God JW is fine.

Hearing voices isn't always a good thing but it also proves the existence of the supernatural. No matter where you go no one can answer questions of the supernatural, not even me.

That's why I said you should keep an open mind, forget all your journey, your inquiries and everything you know for a while and just ask God for answers. I have tried it and God will speak to you in your own language, not necessarily by hearing voices. All I just know is when you encounter him, you will just know.

Please consider my request, just ask him all those questions about Holy Spirit and all that people talk about, and wait for him to show you. I have a very strong feeling about this.

Maximus69:

There are so many false doctrines and teachings all around the world today, their secrets are blown open as they're of no lasting benefits!

Satan keeps redesigning his strategies to capture more and more people from all the corners of the earth.
When i was about the age of seven ~ twelve i often hear voices and dreams which ALWAYS COMES TRUE!
My uncle {C&S member} asked for my parents permission to take me along with him so i can start attending his Church where i can develop the gift and become a prophet.
My father {a staunch Muslim} laughed so loud because it sounds so stupid to him but because he loved his brother he said 'let him grow older, i'm sure he will decide for himself whether to become a prophet or not'

Today makes 36 years after, i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, i never became a prophet and i also abandoned Islam!
Why?
Well there are thousands of questions in my mind back then as a child, most times i'll ask my Father, Mother, Uncle, Auntie, Alfa, Imam, none of them had satisfying answers and that's how i grew up. I became a military intelligence officer and travelled to many countries due to the nature of my job.
That's how i became exposed to so many ideas like Atheism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Witchcraft and many more. But a careful consideration of all these groups revealed that they're all just like ants moving around encircling a cube of Sugar. Because none of them meet up as having the ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE about life and it's purpose.
I met Jehovah's Witnesses in Europe when one of them came to drop a literature at the gate of our client, i read part of it and ever since then i couldn't stop asking their members questions regarding the purpose of life.
They are the only group that answered my questions and made me leave that job for home {Nigeria}
Well i can't say you shouldn't follow the voices,those healings and other things associated with them. One thing i want you to know is that apart from Jehovah's Witnesses there is no other group on earth today where people don't hear or believe in voices.

2 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 25, 2019
peggywebbs:
What you said sounds just exactly like me. Pursuit for answers. I'm not really particular about any denomination when it comes to churches, I attend Catholic, Methodist, I've even attended JW in school and several penticostal churches.
Like I said I'm not saying you should change your church so far it is the word of God JW is fine.
Hearing voices isn't always a good thing but it also proves the existence of the supernatural. No matter where you go no one can answer questions of the supernatural, not even me.
That's why I said you should keep an open mind, forget all your journey, your inquiries and everything you know for a while and just ask God for answers. I have tried it and God will speak to you in your own language, not necessarily by hearing voices. All I just know is when you encounter him, you will just know.
Please consider my request, just ask him all those questions about Holy Spirit and all that people talk about, and wait for him to show you. I have a very strong feeling about this.

I have heard you, but that's impossible!

To illustrate,
Imagine a self acclaimed Tailor {designer} "A" who always go about with his machine on his shoulder, and each time he's prepared to sew anything it's noisy often. But with all of these, all he could offer to his friends/costumers are just PATCHES, and whenever he tries to sow a complete dress it's extremely difficult for his clients to wear it or move freely with the dresses.
Another quiet man also claims to be a designer "B" as well but nobody apart from his costumers has seen him sew anything, his clients only meet him in his secret place where he does everything. And after he's done, everyone can SEE the perfect design as fitted ever on his costumers!
Please if you're a customer to Tailor B, would you ever think of taking your clothes to tailor A even if his clients pester you to do so just for the sake of adventure? embarassed

Well that's exactly what's happening right now!
I said there's nothing to experience in hearing voices when all those hearing such voices can't form a happy global family of peace-loving worshippers as Jesus foretold would be the sign of true believers! John 13:34-35, 17:20-23
Only Jehovah's Witnesses organization is able to bring people from divers ethnicity to become one global family! Isaiah 2:2-4
Whereas all others do speak abusively of this single group just because they refused to join them in their fruitless hypocritical worship! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14-16
So as i have maintained, i'm not doubting that people do hear voices. But i'm 100% certain that such voices are coming from deceptive spirits since there is NO LASTING BENEFIT in hearing such voices! 2Corinthians 11:14
What God said in the Bible book of Revelations 22:18-19 is clear enough for honesthearted individuals who wants to know the truth. God said "NO MORE,NO LESS" as long as i can SEE a group adhering to that believe and performing enthusiastically in the preaching and teaching work Jesus commissioned globally, and able to eliminate Racism and Politics {the major two weapons Satan is using to cause hatred amongst people} in their own midst, i'm perfectly OK! Galatians 1:8, 2John 10-11 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 25, 2019
@peggywebbs

A perfect example of the patches and unfitting designs of Tailor A is what all of you have been arguing ever since on this particular thread!
Your so called pastors and voices experts are saying women should be downgraded as second class creatures {after many of them have mistreated women} and majority of them called Pastors are either singles {using their female members as sex machines} or DIVORSED!
Whereas Jehovah's Witnesses are stringent with the rule that after God and Jesus, the next person to please is NOT our mum, dad, brother, sister, auntie, Uncle NOT even our boss or anyone else but our wives! Because God's word said we've become one flesh! Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5 compared to1Peter 37

So first convince your folks as in hearers of your so called voices to work on that before coming to tell me how useful or beneficial such voices could be! wink

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by peggywebbs(f): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Ok. But really don't mind those arguements on the thread. I basically gave them 1 Corinth 3&4 to read which talks about the role of Teachers of the word of God and immature Christians.

I do not dispute the value of living in oneness as Christians and that is what I admire about JW. I choose not to be part of those people who condemn the house of God.

The truth I discovered along the line is many Christians are more concerned about the gifts or spirit of the Holy Spirit than they are with true salvation. They want recognition and the honour for being able to do many wonders and they miss the message which ends up putting people off their message. And with the incessant arguements of I'm a better Christian than the other, it makes people want to just give up on religion.

I understand why you won't focus on the idea of leaning towards those spiritual wonders as a lot of Christians have corrupted it.

I've even been accused by many Christians and friends saying I'm not a Christian and they are better. I don't bother arguing because I will just prefer to read my bible and ignore all the noise around.

Ok my brother have a beautiful day.

Maximus69:
@peggywebbs

A perfect example of the patches and unfitting designs of Tailor A is what all of you have been arguing ever since on this particular thread!
Your so called pastors and voices experts are saying women should be downgraded as second class creatures {after many of them have mistreated women} and majority of them called Pastors are either singles {using their female members as sex machines} or DIVORSED!
Whereas Jehovah's Witnesses are stringent with the rule that after God and Jesus, the next person to please is NOT our mum, dad, brother, sister, auntie, Uncle NOT even our boss or anyone else but our wives! Because God's word said we've become one flesh! Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5 compared to1Peter 37

So first convince your folks as in hearers of your so called voices to work on that before coming to tell me how useful or beneficial such voices could be! wink

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
So are you trying to say the voices or the dreams you used to have, which according to you used to come to pass, were gifts from the devil? You think they were evil? You should have prayed over the dreams/voices for God to speak more, then ignore it if God said it was from the devil. You shouldn't have just let those gifts dry up like that. Pls do exactly as peggywebbs suggested, pls do. God bless!
Maximus69:

Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi / Is Mastubation A Sin? / PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 306
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.