Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:41 PM

Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes (4285 Views)

Disturbing Eid Incident In Iseyin: A Man And Wives Assaulted By Soldiers / I Might Have Been A Rebellious Angel In My Past Life / 3 Nigerian Pastors Who Divorced Their Wives And What Led To The Broken Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
Very inspiring...... !
peggywebbs:
I came to this thread because the subject interested m. I read the OPs message and I loved it. I went further down and saw the comment of men loving their wives and I also loved that observation. You can't seperate the Bible from the society. The bible is meant to be our moral compass.
If you want to send a message to the world, then you must be able to connect with the society especially since the message is to enlighten women about their roles to their husbands.
The rate of divorce keeps rising at an alarming rate and I appreciate when people come up with relevant solutions to counsel couples entering into marriages. I believe women should submit at all times and with wisdom. Why do I say so? Because our society is becoming more and more corrupt so you have to also submit without comprising your beliefs.

Man and woman should be aware of their roles in a marriage and that is what I think LilMissFavy is talking about. She only made the inclusion of love in addition to submission because most marriages lack the element of love. You would agree that the foundation of most marriages these days are not built on love.

I went on to read further and saw the comment of the JW fellow. First of all I am not Jehovah's Witness but I am a Christian. When I hear the word of God, so far it is not contrary to what the Bible says I agree. We are all Christians.

I remember a revelation I got some months back and it was part of the message the Lord was passing. He said there is no love in the church and that doesn't mean any denomination but the general church. I got this scriptures from the Holy Spirit in a vision, please read 1 Corinth chapter 3 and 4. I didn't make up this chapters but I urge you to read it. It describes our role as servants of God. I got this message particularly after I received a condemnation from a friend of mine. It was God's simple answer to my question.

We are all Christians, whether JW, Catholic, Baptist etc. We are all building on the foundation which Jesus Christ has laid and it is on the last day that each will be judged according to what we have built on that foundation. We should not judge who is a Christian before the ultimate judge comes.

Also please do not tell people they do not have the Holy Spirit, and also do not boast with the Holy Spirit. Pray instead and leave in love. The message of the Holy Spirit does not condemn but instead shows conviction (convincing people about the message of God).

As I read on further on this thread all I saw was bickering. 2 TIMOTHY 2:23‭-‬25 AMP says:

But have nothing to do with foolish and ignorant speculations [useless disputes over unedifying, stupid controversies], since you know that they produce strife and give birth to quarrels. The servant of the Lord must not participate in quarrels, but must be kind to everyone [even-tempered, preserving peace, and he must be], skilled in teaching, patient and tolerant when wronged. He must correct those who are in opposition with courtesy and gentleness in the hope that God may grant that they will repent and be led to the knowledge of the truth [accurately understanding and welcoming it],

Please you all should remember that even in six months time new people will visit this thread and all they would see especially aethiests will just be seeing Christians using bible passages to barter each other.

The bible is complete, every woman has her role in a marriage and men also. When one arm is faulty, the whole body is affected. We need love, patience, obedience, kindness and all good attributes from both parties to make a sustainable marriage.

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes

By David J. Stewart | June 2019

The biggest problem with America today is the sin of rebellious wives! God hates rebellion. It was Eve's sin of rebellion that dragged her husband into sin, ruining Paradise, and ultimately led to Cain murdering his own brother Abel. The Scriptures tell us that Jezebel stirred her husband Ahab to do evil. 1st Kings 21:25, “But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the LORD, whom Jezebel his wife stirred up.” 1st Peter 3:1, “Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives.”

We find in the Old Testament that the strongest man in the world became powerless in the lap of a woman. Judges 16:18-19 and 21, “And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand. And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him ...the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.”

In a prolific and Christ-honoring work, Evangelist John R. Rice (1895-1980) wrote a helpful book in 1941 called, “Bobbed Hair, Bossy Wives And Women Preachers!” Brother Rice calls chapter three—WIVES TO SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO, BE SUBJECT TO, OBEDIENT TO THEIR HUSBANDS. In chapter three, beginning on page 29, Dr. Rice states:

AGED WOMEN SHOULD TEACH YOUNGER WOMEN TO OBEY HUSBANDS

Titus, the younger pastor, was instructed by Paul how to teach sound doctrine. In Titus 2:3-5 the Holy Spirit had Paul to write down the following:

“The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”

Older women sometimes are responsible for breaking homes. When trouble comes up in the home of a young married couple, the mother of the wife may say, “You don't have to put up with his mistreatment!” Get your things together and come back home if he doesn't treat you right! Stand up for your rights! And the neighbor women take it on themselves to offer advice. But here we are told just the kind of counsel that the aged women should give to young women. They are to “teach the young women . . . to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, OBEDIENT TO THEIR OWN HUSBANDS, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” When a Christian women's influence leads another woman to be rebellious and disobedient at home in her attitude toward her husband, then she sins against God and causes the Word of God to be blasphemed. Any kind of Christianity that does not make a woman into a good wife brings reproach on the cause of Christ. So older women must teach young wives to obey their husbands, and thus Christianity will be in repute, and God will be honored by the happy homes that Christianity brings!

Once I was asked to marry a young couple whom I loved very dearly. The young bride-to-be asked me, “You are not going to put obey in the marriage ceremony, are you?” I answered back that of course I would not want to make up my own kind of marriage ceremony. “But,” I said, “if I leave it out, God has put it in. It is in the Bible that wives are to be 'obedient to their own husbands.' You don't want me to leave out what God put in, do you?” And since she was a good Christian girl, she agreed. Preachers, to please a modern world, may leave obey out of the marriage ceremony. But God puts it in just the same and preachers ought to too, and no Christian wife pleases Him who does not take the solemn vow to obey her husband and who does not prayerfully, with God's help, seek to fulfill that vow. ...

WHAT IF WIVES ARE WISER THAN HUSBANDS?

Wives sometimes say, “But I have a better education than my husband. I am a better manager. I have better judgment in many matters. Why shouldn't I have the deciding voice? I think the wiser of the two should have the authority in the home.”

Well, no doubt children often think they are wiser than their parents. Laborers are generally wiser, in their own sight, than their bosses. And no doubt the devil thinks himself wiser than God. That does not prove it is true.

However, children are often better informed, better trained, better equipped, in some matters, than their parents. Many a farm boy under the supervision of his county agent has learned to grow more corn to the acre than his father could, has learned to grow prize winning pigs by a feeding schedule with which his father is unfamiliar. But the farm boy still should not boss his father.

A girl in high school may learn how to make curtains, how to make lovely dresses, how to set an exquisite table, how to plan a balanced meal better than her mother ever knew. But God's plan is still for the girl to be subject to her mother.

I may be a better man than the policeman at the corner, who directs traffic, and yet if I am a good citizen, I obey his whistle. I may be a better man than the judge, but I respect the court.

God's way is still the best way, and wives are to be subject to their husbands. It is the way of peace and happiness and prosperity.

I have no doubt that many of the curses on our land come from sin in the home. Children do not obey parents, because there is disunion and no respect for authority in the home. The crime wave that plagues America is a part and parcel of the rebellion against authority in which every woman who does not obey her husband has a part. Wives who do not submit to their husbands may expect their own children to scorn their authority. And such women need not be surprised if their husbands' love grows cold and all the horrible train of evil comes that follows rebellion against authority—quarrels, discontent, lack of trust, and then broken homes and broken hearts! And when such women come to pray, they may expect to be treated by their dear Lord as rebels, not only against the authority of husband, but against the authority of God who commanded wives to be subject to their own husbands as unto the Lord.

I had a letter the other day from a brokenhearted wife. She had tried many, many years to win her husband to Christ. He would not hear her. She had heard me preach over the radio at Grand Island, Nebraska. She had found how she had failed in her rebellious way, trying to have her own way. And now she said, “I have tried my way and I have failed. Now I am going to try the Lord's way. It is my last chance to win my husband.” Why don't you try God's way, dear wife who reads this?

In Oklahoma City by a book table in revival services, a woman pointed to my little booklet, What Must I Do To be Saved? and said, “That booklet won my brother to Christ!” A man who stood nearby heard it. He pointed to the little booklet on Rebellious Wives and Slacker Husbands and said “My brother and his wife were separated, had been separated two weeks, and were applying for a divorce. I got this little booklet for them and both of them read it. They went back together, confessed their sins to each other, and now their home is wonderfully happy.”

Some years ago a woman wrote me in greatest distress. Her husband, she said, was so mean to her that it was impossible to live with him. She was having to give up her home and go back to her mother's. Yet her heart was broken about it and she wanted me to pray and wondered if there was anything she could do. I did pray and wrote to give her the Scriptures that I have given in these chapters about women being in subjection to their own husbands, and I sent her a little booklet on the subject. Soon she wrote to tell me that her home had been happily re-established. “I was as much to blame as he was,” she said. “I was rebellious and bitter and wanted my own way. Now everything has been smoothed and and I love him as never before. Our hearts are, oh, so happy!”

Dear reader, God's way is the only way to bring real happiness in your home, permanent happiness. It is not much to do for one who loves the Lord, to be subject to your husband for Christ's sake. And oh, how rich are the rewards for any godly woman who obeys God through surrendering to the authority of her husband.

SOURCE: Dr. John R. Rice - “Bobbed Hair, Bossy Wives And Women Preachers,” pages 29-32 and 35-37; Sword of The Lord Publishers ©1941.

I would like to repeat a very important section of what you have just read, emphasizing the dire consequences of a wife's rebellion. Brother Rice knows what he is talking about from the Word of God. America is being destroyed by rebellious women, who insist on having their own way, instead of submitting to their own husband's authority. Kindly, this is why my own adult children dishonor me, because their mother does not honor me, who cruelly divorced me in 2006 (like Evangelists Charles Weigle's wife divorced him). Still after 13 years, my former wife points fingers, blaming other women and blaming me for her failures, refusing to submit herself as Dr. Rice talks about in the following important words...

I have no doubt that many of the curses on our land come from sin in the home. Children do not obey parents, because there is disunion and no respect for authority in the home. The crime wave that plagues America is a part and parcel of the rebellion against authority in which every woman who does not obey her husband has a part. Wives who do not submit to their husbands may expect their own children to scorn their authority. And such women need not be surprised if their husband's love grows cold and all the horrible train of evil comes that follows rebellion against authority—quarrels, discontent, lack of trust, and then broken homes and broken hearts! And when such women come to pray, they may expect to be treated by their dear Lord as rebels, not only against the authority of husband, but against the authority of God who commanded wives to be subject to their own husbands as unto the Lord.

SOURCE: Dr. John R. Rice - “Bobbed Hair, Bossy Wives And Women Preachers,” page 36; Sword of The Lord Publishers ©1941.

Amen Brother Rice! Amen!

Change of Attitude is the First Step to Rebuilding a Broken Home

Our churches are filled with rebel females, who hide behind a cloak of religious devotion, pointing fingers at their imperfect husbands in a sinful attempt to hide their own sins and failures as wives. God pity the rebellious wife who drags her husband into court, while she wipes her own mouth saying, “I have done no wickedness!” Proverbs 30:20, “Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.” A wicked woman makes excuses for her failures, blaming her husband and magnifying his sins instead to whitewash hers, which God hates! I feel the same way as actor Bruce Willis (whose 13 year marriage to Demi Moore failed in 2000), who said he felt like a failure as a husband and a father. I think any good man would feel that way.

Kindly, for 18 1/2 frustrating years of marriage, my wife refused to open her mouth when I went to kiss with her, because she said she “didn't like germs.” How do you deal with something like that as a man who likes passionate kissing? It didn't matter if I used mouthwash, she has a disgust for kissing. Indeed, I was lonely all those years, without a real partner and lover for a wife. I am not saying she is a bigger sinner than me, but no man should have to be denied a kissing partner for a wife. That is the way of the slacker wife. We had romance problems since day one in 1987. God knows that I finally asked her to order some books about—“How To Physically Love A Man,” to help her, but she wouldn't order them. So I went and ordered the books myself for her, but she wouldn't read them. My parents went through Hades on earth, but they toughed it out, and stayed married for 36 years until my mother went to Heaven in 2001. I so much wanted to beat my parent's admirable 36 year record, but my spouse quit. Today, if she hadn't divorced me, we would have had 32 years together as husband and wife, but she quit in 2006. If you are reading this ladies and are married, learn from it! The sinful word “divorce” ought not even be in your vocabulary! YOU OBEY YOUR HUSBAND, AS UNTO THE LORD, AS THE HOLY BIBLE COMMANDS!

I love something that Pastor Jack Hyles (1926-2001) once said that I'll never forget—“First Baptist Church will become a great church when we stop saying, 'He has sinned!' and 'She has sinned!,' and we start saying 'WE HAVE SINNED!'” Yes Sir, that is my attitude too, as was also the psalmist in Psalms 106:6, “We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.” Notice that three times the psalmist David acknowledged that WE HAVE SINNED! David did not esteem himself as being better than his ancestral fathers who went before him. David understood that we ought not judge others because they sin differently than we do. We are ALL woeful sinners! Romans 7:24, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?”

That has always been my attitude toward my former wife, who sadly divorced me in 2006. Unfortunately, 13 years later she still esteems me as being a bigger sinner than herself, which hinders us from reuniting. One of my favorite sermons by Pastor Jack Hyles is titled, “The Good Man Versus The Spiritual Man,” about this very subject. I have tried repeatedly to get my former wife to listen to this sermon, but she refuses. I am a big sinner like anybody else, so I point no fingers. I always feel like I am the worst Christian on the planet. I love Brother Hyles so much for teaching me truths from the Bible that have helped me so much over the years. Dr. Hyles once said something (while I was sitting in the First Baptist Church of Hammond, on the back row, to brother Hyle's left—“The best Christian in this building tonight probably feels like the worst Christian here!” He got my attention with that statement, because it was exactly how I felt, and still do thirty years later! Who Is The Best Christian?

I love what Brother Hyles says in the preceding sermon. He says that no one who has an inactive H.I.V. infection in their body, has a right to condemn someone who has full blown A.I.D.S.! That is such a great illustration. Another example Pastor Hyles gives is cancer. A person with cancer in remission, has no right to condemn someone who has active cancer. In other words, I have no right to condemn you for the sins you have committed, because I am inherently a sinner by nature and by choice. The best Christians still have the cancerous sin nature in remission, still capable of committing the worst sins. I am just as bad as you are, and you as me!

You'll never be spiritual if you are merely a good man, because you won't grow unless you are as concerned about the source of your sin, as you are about the sin itself. No spiritual man thinks he has arrived. The good man thinks he is a good Christian because he lives up to a certain standard of Christian living (i.e., going to church, reading the Bible, praying, et cetera), but the spiritual man always feels guilty because he knows that he is a woeful sinner by nature. The good man repents of a sin he has committed, but the spiritual man repents of his sinful nature! I hope you will listen to this sermon dear reader, because we all need this truth so much! You'll not grow in grace until you get rotten in your own sight, and you'll not get rotten in your own sight until you transfer repenting of what you do to repenting of what you are! The good man wants forgiveness, the spiritual man wants purifying! Please hear the sermon.

The only difference between myself and the worst sinner upon the earth is the sin-cleansing precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, that imputes God's righteousness to me through faith in 'THE GOSPEL' (1st Peter 1:18-19).

END OF ARTICLE

www.Jesus_is_saviour.com
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
Every Christian family should reflect the relationship between Christ and the church and the church and Christ.

As a Christian, our submission to christ is without condition so a wife should be to her husband.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
So are you trying to say the voices or the dreams you used to have, which according to you used to come to pass, were gifts from the devil? You think they were evil? You should have prayed over the dreams/voices for God to speak more, then ignore it if God said it was from the devil. You shouldn't have just let those gifts dry up like that. Pls do exactly as peggywebbs suggested, pls do. God bless!

Thanks Mrs Lilmissfavvy,

Tailor "B" has given me all i needed Ma! 2Timothy 3:17 wink
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sarah an example of all believing women.

Sarah is one of the greatest woman of all times.
Her faith in God reflected in her relationship with her husband.

1 Peter 3:1-6 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

A christian woman is a transformed woman.
A woman whose beauty is not outward but inward.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
peggywebbs:
Ok. But really don't mind those arguements on the thread. I basically gave them 1 Corinth 3&4 to read which talks about the role of Teachers of the word of God and immature Christians.
I do not dispute the value of living in oneness as Christians and that is what I admire about JW. I choose not to be part of those people who condemn the house of God.
The truth I discovered along the line is many Christians are more concerned about the gifts or spirit of the Holy Spirit than they are with true salvation. They want recognition and the honour for being able to do many wonders and they miss the message which ends up putting people off their message. And with the incessant arguements of I'm a better Christian than the other, it makes people want to just give up on religion.
I understand why you won't focus on the idea of leaning towards those spiritual wonders as a lot of Christians have corrupted it.
I've even been accused by many Christians and friends saying I'm not a Christian and they are better. I don't bother arguing because I will just prefer to read my bible and ignore all the noise around.
Ok my brother have a beautiful day.
You need to first study the Bible with the one and only true Christian group{Jehovah's Witnesses}!
They will help you to know why people finds it so difficult to subject themselves to learn from those who knew more than them. wink
You're insisting on something that's not bearing any praise worthy fruit amongst those practicing it, when you're seeing those not practicing it bearing good fruits bountifully!

Well you're not Maximus and Maximus is not you! cheesy
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by peggywebbs(f): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
No I'm fine. I prefer studying my bible alone. I believe when you join groups you end up being indoctrinated. I don't agree with JWs ideas on the book of Revelations. I remember one of the group bible study classes I had with them in school and I spent the one hour listening to the fact that only 144,000 Jehovah witnesses will be saved.

I believe the bible is very symbolic. 90% of the bible is about God revealing things in riddles which means interpretation isn't literal. I also didn't like the fact that you guys do not usually support marriages with a non Jehovah witness. Those are my reasons for not joining. But I don't discriminate because we are all Christians.

Maximus69:

You need to first study the Bible with the one and only true Christian group{Jehovah's Witnesses}!
They will help you to know why people finds it so difficult to subject themselves to learn from those who knew more than them. wink
You're insisting on something that's not bearing any praise worthy fruit amongst those practicing it, when you're seeing those not practicing it bearing good fruits bountifully!

Well you're not Maximus and Maximus is not you! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
peggywebbs:
No I'm fine. I prefer studying my bible alone. I believe when you join groups you end up being indoctrinated. I don't agree with JWs ideas on the book of Revelations. I remember one of the group bible study classes I had with them in school and I spent the one hour listening to the fact that only 144,000 Jehovah witnesses will be saved.

I believe the bible is very symbolic. 90% of the bible is about God revealing things in riddles which means interpretation isn't literal. I also didn't like the fact that you guys do not usually support marriages with a non Jehovah witness. Those are my reasons for not joining. But I don't discriminate because we are all Christians.

Great!

So go and worship your God and we will go and worship our JEHOVAH!

As for the marriage thing we don't believe you're a Christian if you're not one of us!

Most religionists thought Christianity is about speaking nicely when you ought to set matters straight, but we Jehovah's Witnesses aren't like that, we will tell you that you may be a nice, kind, gentle and honest individual but that doesn't make you a Christian!

There are prerequisites of becoming a Christian and whoever refuses to follow all the steps remain our neighbour NOT our brother or sister in Christ!

That's why we don't marry outsiders because we shouldn't be unevenly yoked with unbelievers and since you're not one of us, you're an unbeliever! smiley
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by peggywebbs(f): 12:08am On Jul 26, 2019
Wow. You said it all. That's the reason I can't be part of your group.

Maximus69:

Great!

So go and worship your God and we will go and worship our JEHOVAH!

As for the marriage thing we don't believe you're a Christian if you're not one of us!

Most religionists thought Christianity is about speaking nicely when you ought to set matters straight, but we Jehovah's Witnesses aren't like that, we will tell you that you may be a nice, kind, gentle and honest individual but that doesn't make you a Christian!

There are prerequisites of becoming a Christian and whoever refuses to follow all the steps remain our neighbour NOT our brother or sister in Christ!

That's why we don't marry outsiders because we shouldn't be unevenly yoked with unbelievers and since you're not one of us, you're an unbeliever! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2019
That's the bitter truth Ma!

Christianity is not about being a nice, kind or honest hearted persons. It involves much more than that.
And that's why there are thousands of religions all claiming Christians whereas they hypocritically dodge behind a shameless faculty called DENOMINATIONS instead of telling themselves the truth!
If we're not in agreement over sacred things then it's impossible for both of us to be worshiping the same God! John 17:14-16 1Corinthians 1:10 Ephesians 4:4
Good morning Ma!
peggywebbs:

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 26, 2019
peggywebbs:

That's it Ma,
Billions around you can FEEL the taste of our SALT { Matthew 5:13} and also SEE the brightness of the LIGHT {Matthew 5:14} but the terms and conditions they can't meet {Mark 10:17-22} so they'll go back to their former worship to continue patching their wrecking ship! John 6:63-66

That's why Jesus said
'exert yourself VIGOROUSLY to get in through the narrow door, because many i tell you will try to get in but will not be able!' Luke 13:24 compared to Zephaniah 2:2-3

Thanks Ma! smiley
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2019
[quote author=LilMissFavvy post=79919558][/quote]
I do not wish to condemn you I may seem rather harsh but believe me it was never to condemn you.
rather I pray that you find the truth and true peace lilmissfavvy.
Jesus loves you I love you too with the love of God.Beware of Jehovah witness organisation or any other that deny Jesus and his word, dont fall into error.

Same with peggywoman.

Shallom.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2019
solite3:

I do not wish to condemn you I may seem rather harsh but believe me it was never to condemn you.
rather I PRAY that you find the truth and true peace lilmissfavvy.
Jesus loves you I LOVE you too with the love of God.Beware of Jehovah witness organisation or any other that deny Jesus and his word, dont fall into error.

Same with peggywoman.

Shallom.

How i wish your PRAYERS are answered so that the LOVE you professed for Churchgoers like you from all the corners of the earth becomes vivid! John 13:34-35, 17:20-23 undecided
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by peggywebbs(f): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2019
And to think I thought you guys were condemning JW, I see they have the greatest award in condemnation. The truth is I still wonder why one religion can be so divided. It's the same word of God and some people just see themselves as better. Anyway it is well because all I see is that we Christians are the ones that are making the aethiests population increase.

I'm off this thread. OP thanks for the message on submission, I gained a lot.

Bye bye

solite3:

Jesus loves you I love you too with the love of God.Beware of Jehovah witness organisation or any other that deny Jesus and his word, dont fall into error.

Same with peggywoman.

Shallom.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by alBHAGDADI: 10:42am On Jul 26, 2019
peggywebs and Maximus69, you will be reported to be banned if you don't stop derailing this thread with Jehovah's False Witnesses discussion. Go open a thread and take your discussion there. Let people focus on the discussion pertaining to the OP.
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2019
I'm really scared! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
alBHAGDADI:

peggywebs and Maximus69, you will be reported to be banned if you don't stop derailing this thread with Jehovah's False Witnesses discussion. Go open a thread and take your discussion there. Let people focus on the discussion pertaining to the OP.

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
peggywebbs:
And to think I thought you guys were condemning JW, I see they have the greatest award in condemnation. The truth is I still wonder why one religion can be so divided. It's the same word of God and some people just see themselves as better. Anyway it is well because all I see is that we Christians are the ones that are making the aethiests population increase.

I'm off this thread. OP thanks for the message on submission, I gained a lot.

Bye bye

ok
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
peggywebbs:
"THEY HAVE THE GREATEST AWARD IN CONDEMNATION". The truth is I still wonder why one religion can be so divided. It's the WORD OF THE SAME GOD and some people just see THEMSELVES AS BETTER.

Christianity is about a young Nazarene called Jesus! Act 24:5

He set a standard that got religious leaders of his time so angry that they all {despite the ongoing rivalry among them} formed alliance to get him killed. John 11:45-50

What was his offence?
Well these guy never attended any Rabbinical school {theological institution} of his time, after twenty nine years of being a carpenter, he started teaching people so many STRANGE things that all the existing religious groups {including his baptiser} don't know! Matthew 9:14
Everyone knew that what he is teaching is true {John 3:2, Matthew 16:13-16} they wanted him to acknowledge their own teachings too but to their bewilderment he ruled out all their teachings! John 3:16,14:6
So all of them ganged up against him, except his baptiser who ordered his own personal followers to GO AND JOIN JESUS' FOLLOWERS! John 1:29-39
Because he will not accept any other form of worship apart from whatever he teaches, serious accusations were coming from both front, back, left, right and centre all against him!

Jesus never condemned anyone outrightly saying 'you're NOT worshipping God' all he said was whoever is not following him certainly can't worship his OWN God!
It's the antagonists that are misquoting him, instead of them to say 'Jesus has his own God and we have our own' they're insisting Jesus must agree that they're worshiping the same God with him! Matthew 15:1-20 Luke 11:45

Today Jehovah's Witnesses aren't saying 'you people aren't worshiping God' all we're saying is 'you are not worshipping our God if we're not in agreement!' 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2

For instance Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has principles. So it's compulsory that his worshippers must agree on sacred matters. But there are thousands of different religious groups all claiming worshipers of this same God and they're having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings!
If anyone wants to be a TRUE follower of the young first century guy from Nazareth, would such a person simply assume that all these divers religious groups are worshipping the same God?

Well that's what makes the difference between a Jehovah's Witness and one who is not a JW. We're not condemning anyone, where we disagree is the idea of ONE God accepting various forms of religious practices!

If it's one God, then the worship must be one. Deuteronomy 6:4-7 compared to Mark 12:28-31

Malachi summed it up by saying during the endtime those who truly fear JEHOVAH will speak with one another about him {meaning they will like to ascertain how to worship him acceptably} and God will give an order to his angels to start writing down the names of all those doing this! Malachi 3:16

Malachi didn't stop there but went on to say 'this will be the sign to RECOGNISE those worshiping God and those NOT worshipping him! Malachi 3:18

Throughout the earth today, sincere and honesthearted individuals are joining Jehovah's Witnesses organization NOT because it's easy to practice what Jesus is teaching us, but we're 100% sure that he is leading us to the stream of living waters!

So whoever welcomes all forms of worship in Jesus name, reminds us of those he said he will declare to them saying 'Go away from me you workers of lawlessness' Matthew 7:23

Lawlessness on their part means they're not ready to stand for any form of standard, they just wish the true God to be lawless NOT different from the gods of the world!
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
It's okay. Truth is, the religion section is usually not rich enough, forgive me for saying that, but it's the truth. I rarely comment on religion threads, rather I 'like' a good post, and I go. I can't purposefully decide to derail a religion thread when this section needs more writers. In the past I had observed that three popular writers in this section, had written threads on submission. I began to wonder why there was none for the men. Then I found myself making that observation on your thread. I was harsh as well, God is still working on me to make me a better person. May God help us all, Amen.
solite3:

Same with peggywoman.

Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
It's okay. Truth is, the religion section is usually not rich enough, forgive me for saying that, but it's the truth. I rarely comment on religion threads, rather I 'like' a good post, and I go. I can't purposefully decide to derail a religion thread when this section needs more writers. In the past I had observed that three popular writers in this section, had written threads on submission. I began to wonder why there was none for the men. Then I found myself making that observation on your thread. I was harsh as well, God is still working on me to make me a better person. May God help us all, Amen.

Permit me to ask miss lilfavy (without offence)
Are you saved?
Re: Rebellious Wives And Broken Homes by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
solite3:

Permit me to ask miss lilfavy (without offence)
((((Are you saved?))))

Going back to those conflicting things! wink

Whenever they found any positive text in the scriptures, they just assume it's about them! cheesy

Instead of asking the REAL Christians :Why do the early Christians use such terms as SAVED when God's kingdom has not come, when they're still suffering in the hands of persecutors? Romans 8:24, 2Timothy 1:9

Misinformed Churchgoers will simply assume that Salvation is AUTOMATIC ! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abolish Religion ? / The Loveworld Festival Of Music & Arts #LFMA2017 [AMAZING PICTURE GALLERY] / Best Marquee Tent Structure For Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.