Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! (34413 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids / Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2009
tpia.:

Ezeagu check out these pages from your link

I think the price is related to the rarity as well as age. Authenticity too.

Yes, but it's also related to whether the item is collectable and if anyone is going to buy it (check how much items off of that list is sold).

Going by this margin:

[img]http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Sothebys/N08320-121-lr-1?$lot_main$[/img]
A MAGNIFICENT AND HIGHLY IMPORTANT BENIN HEAD OF AN OBA, NIGERIA, CIRCA 1575-1625

1,000,000—1,500,000 USD
Lot Sold.  Hammer Price with Buyer's Premium:  4,744,000 USD

I can only image how much this:

Which is more than 700 years older than the Benin bronze would cost.  shocked Somebody obviously really wanted that Benin bronze really badly, hence they would pay 4 times the minimum price estimate for it.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 25, 2009
ezeagu:

Yes, but it's also related to whether the item is collectable and if anyone is going to buy it (check how much items off of that list is sold).

Going by this margin:

I can only image how much this:

Which is more than 700 years older than the Benin bronze would cost.  shocked Somebody obviously really wanted that Benin bronze really badly, hence they would pay 4 times the minimum price estimate for it.

but didnt you just point out the fact that the Egyptian art in your photo, sold for less than the ceremonial mask you first quoted, even though it (the Egyptian) was older?

I dont think I'm following you here.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by shotster50(m): 6:51am On Aug 25, 2009
Works of art are bought for mainly for sentimental reasons. Its age does play a part but it is not the deciding factor.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2009
tpia.:

but didnt you just point out the fact that the Egyptian art in your photo, sold for less than the ceremonial mask you first quoted, even though it (the Egyptian) was older?

I dont think I'm following you here.

I didn't say it would cost more, I just said going by the way the Benin bronze had sold, something made closer to the area and older (which influenced the Benin mask) may come up at a similar price, It' just like if I brought up another image of the 10k Euro mask and compare it with something similar and older, hence the use of imagine, if someone wants to buy it that is.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
ezeagu:

I didn't say it would cost more, I just said going by the way the Benin bronze had sold, something made closer to the area and older (which influenced the Benin mask) may come up at a similar price, It' just like if I brought up another image of the 10k Euro mask and compare it with something similar and older, hence the use of imagine, if someone wants to buy it that is.

just out of curiosity, how do you know it influenced the Bini mask?
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2009
tpia.:

just out of curiosity, how do you know it influenced the Bini mask?

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/igbo/hd_igbo.htm

It must have.

BTW I checked a future auction for an Igbo Ukwu bronze and it was estimated at €50,000, so I guess I was wrong. The valuation must have to do with the fact that the Benin mask is linked to the great Benin Empire.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2009
ezeagu:

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/igbo/hd_igbo.htm

It must have.

alrighty!

ezeagu:

BTW I checked a future auction for an Igbo Ukwu bronze and it was estimated at €50,000, so I guess I was wrong. The valuation must have to do with the fact that the Benin mask is linked to the great Benin Empire.

you mean instead of the €10,000 you originally quoted.

wink good art is priceless so rock on. cheesy

maradona
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ababda: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
i would like to further investigate the igbo pyramids. can anyhow refer me to any scientific periodicals. i wonder does it has anything in common with the pyramids of sudan and egypt.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
ababda:

i would like to further investigate the igbo pyramids. can anyhow refer me to any scientific periodicals. i wonder does it has anything in common with the pyramids of sudan and egypt.

This is the only reliable source I can find and its just a tiny paragraph. http://books.google.com/books?id=sHay1vHhfP4C&pg=PA109&dq=nsude+pyramids&ei=aCrvSq2bOpaWzgS05OjcAw&#v=onepage&q=nsude%20pyramids&f=false
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ababda: 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
This is the only reliable source I can find and its just a tiny paragraph

that was interesting ezeagu, and yes that was indeed a tiny paragraph to say the least. there should be further study for your country heritage. in sudan, we have archeologist all over the world flooding our country monuments while at the same time discovering different pyramids or old cities. people should be doing the same in nigeria.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ababda: 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
i would like to study this pyramid in eastern nigeria.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2009
Wonderful. Where do you tribalists get these fancy stories. It's clear where you do: the layer of your subconcious that paints pictures it hopes are true and then believes them.Egypt's peyramids are so old that the Ancient Greeks used to go visit them as anceint tourist attractions. The Great Wall of China was started around 300BC. We still find dinosaur bones from 120 million years ago. Why isnt there any identifiable trace of these Igbo pyramids.
Next you'll tell me how Igbos came from Mars, therefore Biafra will succeed. QED.
I'm sick of you Igbo fanatics. Get a life.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
I might also add that the Igbo DID NOT COME FROM ISRAEL. We must destroy that myth because it's nonsense. Genetically the Igbo are a typical African population. On the level of molecular genetics they are essentially indistinguishable from the Efik-Ibibio and Igala and Idoma, and almost identical to most Northern groups, including the Hausa.
It turns out that Nigerians have been killing themselves for nothing.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ababda: 12:38am On Dec 15, 2009
Edruezzi
i think humanity have been wasting time killing each other, it is not only a nigerian thing. however, why are you disliking one of your monuments? you should be proud of your people accomplishments.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
I don't support mythology. The Igbo did not build any pyramids. The earlier we embrace objective fact in Nigeria the better it will be for everyone.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ababda: 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
edruezzi- i don't know much about your country or politics, but i do respect your opinion. it is ironic. my people builted pyramids, temples, and other awesome monuments that astound the world till this day, but we are ashame of our past. we changed from being nubians to arabs, and many of them are ashame of our ancient past.life is so funny sometimes. yes, i am northern sudanese.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2009
ababda: Hello,
I think that more research will show that in ancient times there was little difference between Egypt and Sudan, and the Nubians did build great monuments. What I cannot agree with are all the Igbo myths that fill this forum. If the Igbo built all those things, where the hell are they? We're still digging up 100 million year old dinosaur fossils. Why can't we see any of those Igbo monuments that are far more recent?
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 3:57am On Dec 19, 2009
Edruezzi:

ababda: Hello,
I think that more research will show that in ancient times there was little difference between Egypt and Sudan, and the Nubians did build great monuments. What I cannot agree with are all the Igbo myths that fill this forum. If the Igbo built all those things, where the hell are they? We're still digging up 100 million year old dinosaur fossils. Why can't we see any of those Igbo monuments that are far more recent?

I cannot understand how somebody will see a photo clear as day from a university website coming from a 'late' mans lifes works and then come and say its fiction, please tell me if I'm being rude, but isn't that confusion? Where and when were these "100 million year old dinosaur fossils" dug up in Nigeria? How much excavation has gone on in Africa altogether?

Please, I'm guessing you're Igbo and you want to do the 'I think for myself and stand out from the crowd' and 'self hating' act that so many of us are fond of doing, but please save that for a thread without evidence. Here are the pictures if you missed them with a link to the university website (.edu) If after this you still feel whiny and have an inferiority complex over your non-European status or the fact that your ancestors didn't build Athena then maybe this your trend of ambushing threads with anything like the word 'Igbo' or 'Biafra' in them is unhealthy for you because your efforts at getting under 'Igbo peoples skins' is unfortunately misguided.

[img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/arunsi10.JPG[/img]
[img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/arunsi11.JPG[/img]

[url=http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/arunsi10.JPG&imgrefurl=http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/misc.html&usg=__sBWV5LSTIQJazTKCO-e81aXO0XA=&h=568&w=564&sz=83&hl=en&start=3&sig2=TaB_SJ_PuCB5PWwN6_Tjtg&um=1&tbnid=jh0jSXYIVNeOiM:&tbnh=134&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnsude%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=X0AsS-XkB-qw4AaWw9XRCA]The link[/url]
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by sunnykiss(m): 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2009
As for igbo building pyramid,nothern igboland ,you mean anambra or, where .be specific,or na Ant hill una see say na pyramid,infact sudan has most pyramids than egypt sef,naija wan claim also hahaha @elody ann i support ur opinion
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
sunnykiss:

As for igbo building pyramid,nothern igboland ,you mean anambra or, where .be specific,or na Ant hill una see say na pyramid,infact sudan has most pyramids than egypt sef,naija wan claim also hahaha @elody ann i support your opinion

You cant read or click on a link for further information? The pyramids were in Nsude, Enugu.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2009
ezeagu,
That thing ain't no pyramid, the way I look at it. It's a pile of mud.
Yeah, I think for myself and my mind tells me you can't compare that to the Egyptian pyramids. Meanwhile, you Igbo-Biafra fanatics are winning the Biafran war all over again in cyberspace. I just hope your little republic stays in cyberspace. The last time it worked in the real world 2 million people starved.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2009
Ezeagu,
Wait, aren't those so-called Igbo pyramids Dogon pyramids from Mali. Make sure you find out the country they're from. There are lots of other ethnic groups in Africa.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 3:16am On Dec 23, 2009
Edruezzi:

ezeagu,
That thing ain't no pyramid, the way I look at it. It's a pile of mud.
Yeah, I think for myself and my mind tells me you can't compare that to the Egyptian pyramids. Meanwhile, you Igbo-Biafra fanatics are winning the Biafran war all over again in cyberspace. I just hope your little republic stays in cyberspace. The last time it worked in the real world 2 million people starved.

I didn't want to insult you but you have proven yourself to be a complete i.d.i.o.t. What has Biafra  and your little rant about starvation got to do with this thread you small minded fool? It's a pile of mud, Dogon Malians made them, eh, okay I agree, move onto another thread. At least if the Igbo pyramids are "a pile of mud", then the Pyramids of Giza are 'a pile of rocks'. Think about the meaning of things instead of face value sometimes, where would Igbo people of that time find that many rocks to rebuild  Giza even if they had the knowledge to? They'd import?
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2009
Okay, I get it!
The Biafrans came from Mars by way of Isreal and if it wasnt for Satan Gowon they'd be walking on the Moon right now, because it was their destiny to leave the solar system because their Jewish and Ojukwu is a god. QED.
Look at a map.
And please stop calling me an idiot. I'm smarter than fifty copies of you acting together.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2009
Edruezzi:

Okay, I get it!
The Biafrans came from Mars by way of Isreal and if it wasnt for Satan Gowon they'd be walking on the Moon right now, because it was their destiny to leave the solar system because their Jewish and Ojukwu is a god. QED.
Look at a map.
And please stop calling me A SlowPoke. I'm smarter than fifty copies of you acting together.

Wow, your so witty and intelligent, has anyone ever told you that?
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by AndreUweh(m): 10:22am On Dec 24, 2009
Edruezzi:

Okay, I get it!
Look at a map.
And please stop calling me A SlowPoke. I'm smarter than fifty copies of you acting together.
Edruezzi or whatever your useless name is, your aim is to derail this lovely thread. You have failed already. Just read through and allow intelligent people to do the discussions for you. You have got nothing sensible to offer and as a result, do an about turn.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ajekpaks(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2009
Andre Uweh:

Edruezzi or whatever your useless name is, your aim is to derail this lovely thread. You have failed already. Just read through and allow intelligent people to do the discussions for you. You have got nothing sensible to offer and as a result, do an about turn.

grin grin grin
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2009
Aturu's are just rampant on the internet. . . .
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by Edruezzi: 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2009
Wow. I'm getting a lot of Biafran hate here. I'm just waiting for you fantasy spinners to start your Baifran War II so you can win back all that oil in Ijaw and Ogoni land that is rightfully yours.
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by ezeagu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2009
Edruezzi:

Wow. I'm getting a lot of Biafran hate here. I'm just waiting for you fantasy spinners to start your Baifran War II so you can win back all that oil in Ijaw and Ogoni land that is rightfully yours.

You are a pig. Ezi grin shocked
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by sunnykiss(m): 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2010
cheesy shocked As for me That pyramid need to be examined and studied by scientist and tell if its real pyamid and builts by igbos

Ok, Ant hills
Re: Ancient Igbos Built Pyramids! by henry101(m): 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2010
I have never met someone living in self denial beastly life like edruezzi. U need to have ur head re-examined. U just go around NL 2get noticed and allow us see ur full dose of stupidity.
If U doubt the claim, y not check the links available 2u.
The mere sound on any thing igbo make u sick.
Get a life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dancing Igbo Egedege Music With My Russian Girlfriend / Wicked Widowhood Practices That Must Be Abolished In Nigeria / Somali Food!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.