Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) (28276 Views)

Adidas Collapses As Leo Messi's Argentina Jerseys Are Soldout Worldwide / Argentina Vs Brazil: Copa America Final (1 - 0) - Live / Lionel Messi Dribbles Past Five Players In Argentina 2-2 Uruguay Draw (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by alexvatt(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2019
lazarusokafor90:

As a Barcelona fan, you saying Messi is overrated just got me thinking. Let me not tell you what I am thinking.
l'm not a biased person, moreover I have been a Barcelona fan before Messi joined Barka.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by lexy2014: 8:42am On Jul 03, 2019
Beverlyjean:

There is nothing wrong with these set of players... Ask ur self how many goals or assists or clean created chances Messi had in this tournament... For goodness sake, he only scored one penalty against Paraguay... No goal from open play ... Yet Argentina scored 4more... Last world cup Ronaldo scored 4 goals out if Portugal's 6 goals... Messi scored once out of Argentina's 6 goals... In the last euros Ronaldo scored 3 goals out of Portugal's 9 with another 3 world class match winning assists... Ronaldo again scored 3goals out of Portugal's 4 goals in the just concluded nations league... Messi scored just one penalty in this tournament out of Argentina's 5 goals. . Mind u , Ronaldo dint have any penalty attributed to the goals I mentioned above, but u Messi delusional fans still call him penaldo... The bad belle u guys hv for Ronaldo, the biased opinion u guys have for Ronaldo is the reason y Messi keeps on failing for his national team

Point of correction. Portugal didn't score 4 goals in d just concluded nations league. They score 4 in their last two games of d competition, d semis& d final with Ronaldo scoring 3 out of d four. B4 d semis, they had scored goals on their own without Ronaldo who wasn't available or with d team until d semifinal game against Switzerland
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Graduateacher(f): 8:43am On Jul 03, 2019
grin grin Up Brazil!
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by ayspac(m): 8:46am On Jul 03, 2019
Elijahbazz:
The pitch have something to do with their defeat.
Lmfao �
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by 27Pushing30: 8:48am On Jul 03, 2019
Jarus:

So he has been with different national teams for 15 years?

Be honest within yourself ... look at Portugal’s national team (past and present) and tell me which generation of Portuguese players have been better than Argentina .

Maybe only the maxi Rodrigues /Pablo Sorin set of Argentine players in 2005-6 were inferior

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by chiboy1116: 8:50am On Jul 03, 2019
Mk12:

best player because he scored a penalty? the Argentina team was playing better until Messi came back from his annual retirement. the coach had to change formation to accommodate Messi.

Martinez was Argentina best player in this tournament
Martinez isn't pls , just because he scored more goals? Aguero and de Paul were the best players in this tourney for them and probably armani
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Beverlyjean(f): 8:50am On Jul 03, 2019
lexy2014:

Point of correction. Portugal didn't score 4 goals in d just concluded nations league. They score 4 in their last two games of d competition, d semis& d final with Ronaldo scoring 3 out of d four. B4 d semis, they had scored goals on their own without Ronaldo who wasn't available or with d team until d semifinal game against Switzerland

Those games were more like the qualifiers.... The main tournament was about 4teams
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by chiboy1116: 8:54am On Jul 03, 2019
27Pushing30:

Be honest within yourself ... look at Portugal’s national team (past and present) and tell me which generation of Portuguese players have been better than Argentina .

Maybe only the maxi Rodrigues /Pablo Sorin set of Argentine players in 2005-6 were inferior
this Argentina team is really inferior bro , but they managed to dominate Brazil . U guys keep mentioning Portugal , Portugal has better midfield , a far better defence , Argentina can only be on par with Portugal in attack bro .
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by joylegacie7(f): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2019
Messi is still the real G.O.A.T it doesn't matter how many times he has been defeated he will rise one day

Remember Failure is not Fatal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Godsage(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2019
namiji2598:
trophies is never the basic requirements to make anybody better, is just like saying Mikel obi is better than okocha, or saying Mata or kaka is better than Ronald and messi.wise up

I guess u as a barca fan will prefer messi dribbling 5-7 defenders and end up as 5th in the league table since trophies are not requirement

4 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
Martinez isn't pls , just because he scored more goals? Aguero and de Paul were the best players in this tourney for them and probably armani
there was no good thing about Argentina performance in the group stage except the goals the scored that is why I think the goal scorer is their best player. the only time they played good was their today Lost to Brazil
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by PopeFlatino(m): 8:58am On Jul 03, 2019
Shut up there..u aren't a Barca fan,don't take another Man's misfortune for fun,after all u aren't earning his pay...gerrout Cr7 mfuckerl
alexvatt:
Messi is an overrated player, Ronaldo is far better than him millions times. Mind u I'm a Barcelona fan.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
this Argentina team is really inferior bro , but they managed to dominate Brazil . U guys keep mentioning Portugal , Portugal has better midfield , a far better defence , Argentina can only be on par with Portugal in attack bro .
can you name the Portugal starting eleven in the euro final? Messi has enjoyed the company of Superstars all through his Argentina career while Ronaldo has been managing an average Portugal squad . only recently did the Portugal team started coming up with players that are a bit good

4 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by alexvatt(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Shut up there..u aren't a Barca fan,don't take another Man's misfortune for fun,after all u aren't earning his pay...gerrout Cr7 mfuckerl
Calm down, we are not quarreling. Because I'm a Barcelona fan does not mean I should support him wrongly. Yes Messi has done well for Barca, but Ronaldo is still far better than him, simple. Pls don't take it personal.

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by PopeFlatino(m): 9:04am On Jul 03, 2019
Ronaldo Fans masturbating on this thread.

In Life u can't be complete at all,,, Individually for over 10 years Messi has proven to be a better footballers than Cr7, combining goals with cool dribbles,nutmegs,chances created,assists,free kicks,impacting the game generally but his Team success in both club and country have always been limited unlike Cr7 who scores just goals,most times on Noddings and pks but has found luck in his teams ,even when he isn't involved ..

I feel for Messi but Argentina as a nation football body should work on their administration
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by karma2000: 9:05am On Jul 03, 2019
E get one mumu for my area who dey crazy about mess I must wonder how his face would look like now karma has mocked Argentina
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by perdollar(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2019
weytin short person climb chair n stl no fit get am tall person sidon get am.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Abogwara: 9:12am On Jul 03, 2019
Messi will not be in same league as Pele and Maradona but Ronaldo will likely be. To attain that status National team success is required but both Ronaldo and Messi ard yet to clinch the World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Beverlyjean(f): 9:16am On Jul 03, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Ronaldo Fans masturbating on this thread.

In Life u can't be complete at all,,, Individually for over 10 years Messi has proven to be a better footballers than Cr7, combining goals with cool dribbles,nutmegs,chances created,assists,free kicks,impacting the game generally but his Team success in both club and country have always been limited unlike Cr7 who scores just goals,most times on Noddings and pks but has found luck in his teams ,even when he isn't involved ..

I feel for Messi but Argentina as a nation football body should work on their administration

U guys have blamed from higuain to referees to the pitch to his team mates to the coach to otamendi to over dependence on him ,now it's administration ... Now u say Ronaldo just nods balls and scores penalty, here we go again...which type of goal did Messi score in this tournament?his only goal.... Trust me if Messi had the ability to score nodding against Brazil, he will have taken it and it likes will start screaming goat... Respect Ronaldo, what he has achieved, Messi hasn't achieved... Football is all goals first ... That's the reason y its played ... Curry has been the best basketball player in a while , he doesn't dribble pass players or slam dunk , but his 3pointers is all that he does and it's made him one of the greatest of all time

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by peressteve: 9:24am On Jul 03, 2019
You just be drunk to say Italian Serie A is not a good league small pikin well no know ball
namiji2598:
all i see are trophies that are unknown/up and coming trophies, if to say Ronaldo is in a good league let's say la Liga or premier League he should have won the balondo'or this season but it's impossible considering all the trophies he won this season are not competitive

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Treasure17(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2019
Quite unfortunate for Messi as regards Argentina. Reason I love Ronaldo.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by lexy2014: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Those games were more like the qualifiers.... The main tournament was about 4teams

Its a tournament where they had groups. Every team played to qualify 4d next stage of d tournament. So i dont understand d distinction u are trying to make. How does a team qualify 4 semifinal if it wasn't a tournament? Is semifinal d beginning of a tournament?
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by tosinosam(m): 10:50am On Jul 03, 2019
Sanchez01:

So a man cannot troll in peace again, shey? grin
Really? shocked shocked keep trolling #lemmekomanbegoin
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Kingsaeedibn: 10:56am On Jul 03, 2019
Retirement 3.0
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by tosinosam(m): 10:57am On Jul 03, 2019
alexvatt:
Calm down, we are not quarreling. Because I'm a Barcelona fan does not mean I should support him wrongly. Yes Messi has done well for Barka, but Ronaldo is still far better than him, simple. Pls don't take it personal.
A barca fan? If you had said this words "ronaldo is better than messi" I might believe u but you used this three words "still far better" come on stop lying!
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Kingsaeedibn: 10:57am On Jul 03, 2019
I have told you.. Until Messi stop controlling Argentina starting lineup.. They would win
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Kingsaeedibn: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2019
tosinosam:

A barca fan? If you had said this words "ronaldo is better than messi" I might believe u but you used this three words "still far better" come on stop lying!

Both are good .. But imagine Ronaldo played all his soccer in Barça.. He would win World Best 10 times in a row

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Kingsboy96(m): 11:09am On Jul 03, 2019
Congrats to Brazil, quite unfortunate for the Argentines... if to say Messi played now it could have been better
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by tosinosam(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2019
Kingsaeedibn:

Both are good .. But imagine Ronaldo played all his soccer in Barça.. He would win World Best 10 times in a row
Am a footballer (winger) but the day I played 10 I wished never to play it again. Do u know why Ronaldo stops dribbling (man u days) and only focuses on scoring goals? That day after dribbling past two(2) players sprinting and scoring I was gasing up and down..and that is not even as wide as a standard field. If messi is in the same team as ronaldo,ronaldo will be scoring goals like its breakfast. Messi is not Ronaldo. If u talk about a football wizard its just DAT since I was born I have never seen a player with so much drive (determination) like ronaldo and you expect him not to perform at the highest level? Messi's problem is that he is too reserved.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Kingsaeedibn: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2019
tosinosam:

Am a footballer (winger) but the day I played 10 I wished never to play it again. Do u know why Ronaldo stops dribbling (man u days) and only focuses on scoring goals? That day after dribbling past two(2) players sprinting and scoring I was gasing up and down..and that is not even as wide as a standard field. If messi is in the same team as ronaldo,ronaldo will be scoring goals like its breakfast. Messi is not Ronaldo. If u talk about a football wizard its just DAT since I was born I have never seen a player with so much drive (determination) like ronaldo and you expect him not to perform at the highest level? Messi's problem is that he is too reserved.

Laughing.. Go look at Ronaldo stat at Madrid when he was used as false 9. Go watch final against atletico.. Go watch his games juve..

He excels even when supporting striker.. You would see wonders next season as sarri wants him as center striker

1 Like

Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by hybridblood07(m): 11:33am On Jul 03, 2019
You've a point bro,but let's be realistic with ourselves Messi is still the best player Argentina got right now. Is presence on the pitch is scary to every player because they know what he can do with the ball. It's just unfortunately for him in Argentina team.
nuelyoyo:
Maybe Messi and some other players exit from the team is what it needs to end the trophy drought. A lot of attention on him, but it's not bearing any fruit. Liverpool won Barcelona at the Champions League semi final return leg without Salah. Some analyst said maybe Liverpool would have lost if Salah had played. It's time for Argentina to look beyond Messi, let fresh and hungry talents come on board.
Re: Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 03, 2019
Sanchez01:
The WiFi that doesn't connect outside of Camp Nou grin

He should swallow what is left of him and honorably walk away. And as much as Aguero vowed to win the Copa for Messi just so he could be on par with Ronaldo, the team and their Asun failed when it mattered.

He'd be 35 by 2020, the next World Cup. At his prime he could not even rescue Argentina. He just can't when he is using a stick.

All I am after now is Maradona's response in the wake of this Superclasico humiliation grin

Too much hatred in a post!!!

Eder and Bernaldo Silva says hi!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brazil Vs South Korea : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (4 - 1) On 5th December 2022 / Oghenekaro Etebo Welcomes A Baby With His Wife / Sexiest Female Athletes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.