Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse (9162 Views)

2006 Toyota Camry Available For Sale And It Was Just Used For A Year. Very Clean / 2003-2008 Toyota Matrix /pontiac Vibe Dashboard Wire & Fuse For Sale / Innoson, A Car Manufacturer Or Just A Company Assembling Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by AutoMoTech(m): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

hahahahahahaha, I heard HrH is planning to visit you soon..... Make sure there is rug in ur office oh....
Make person no go get monkey nyasssh for knees
Hahahahaha.... u and Danny go dey around na....
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by AutoMoTech(m): 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2019
dannybrasky:
If I was u .... grin

i

Lemme quickly act like i am scared
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by jceesquare(m): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

hahahahahahaha, I heard HrH is planning to visit you soon..... Make sure there is rug in ur office oh....
grin I was quietly reading comments jejely until I saw this.
What would Car Talk be without the renamed BCD's?
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by dannybrasky(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
Far from it grin

To whom fence is given fence is expected wink

AutoMoTech:
i

Lemme quickly act like i am scared
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by dannybrasky(m): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
Visiting is not a problem,question is how would the transportation be handled?

1, (lexus) not affordable or make we ask our former I.g about his transmissions mission. grin

2, ( EOD) confusion if the engine na ivtec plugs or v6. The monkey yanch for knee might happen b4 the visiting as he would be visiting comptroller general of customs to allow his boys save passage grin

3 (Horse) no show.

5 (keke maruwa) fuel economy,but wouldn't speak well of HRM,since he needs to make a grand entrance grin

6 (Running shoes) YES YES,he can jog his way down there,all HRM has to say is,I was just exercising past here and then I recall u live close by grin

Only to show up with canvass looking like this grin
obekediamondfuto:

6 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2019
dannybrasky:
Visiting is not a problem,question is how would the transportation be handled?

1, (lexus) not affordable or make we ask our former I.g about his transmissions mission. grin

2, ( EOD) confusion if the engine na ivtec plugs or v6. The monkey yanch for knee might happen b4 the visiting as he would be visiting comptroller general of customs to allow his boys save passage grin

3 (Horse) no show.

5 (keke maruwa) fuel economy,but wouldn't speak well of HRM,since he needs to make a grand entrance grin

6 (Running shoes) YES YES,he can jog his way down there,all HRM has to say is,I was just exercising past here and then I recall u live close by grin

Only to show up with canvass looking like this grin

Chaiii,

@ HRM (His Royal Madness)?
grin
grin
grin
grin

Automotec u are strictly oyo oh... I can't stand a grown up man crying like a baby on his knees begging for stuff....

1 Like

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by AutoMoTech(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Chaiii,

@ HRM (His Royal Madness)?
grin
grin
grin
grin

Automotec u are strictly oyo oh... I can't stand a grown up man crying like a baby on his knees begging for stuff....
Broda me no dey around o. B4 U and Danny go put me for wahala. I no want royal visit biko grin
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by Heykayxx(m): 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
Electrical problems in cars can induce temporary madness/frustrations grin.
Ride on Dr. Gazzuzz

#following.
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by LeJeun3: 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2019

Fuse joined with wires has made me replace a whole BCM before, bloody things....

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by alphaNomega: 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
femi4:
Interesting....I remembered when my gear was stuck in Park and I have manually override it to change to Drive.

Sometimes it ll work fine while sometimes I have to go manual. My mechanic told me that my gear box is bad ...bla bla, he ll have to bring everything out.

One day, I stumbled on a youtube video and it revealed that a fuse could be responsible. I opened my fuse box I discovered that most of the fuse used by my rewire were not according to the recommended rating on the circuit diagram. In fact some blown fuses were patched with copper wire instead of replacing them.

I reset everything to factory default and my gear came
back to life

That Honda Accord life.

BONUS: Your brake lights were not working at the time. Check if you want.

1 Like

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
kernniejay:
LOCAL MAN STORMED CLASS.
He was amazed at number of lectures he missed.
Gazzuzz, where are you o, hope u are not under a blue pathfinder today?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9644785_9488890imagejpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188_jpeg_jpeg3be4de855ac00d8c6488f4b3c73d3930
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by AutoMoTech(m): 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Observing Sir,

I must say you are doing a great work. It's only abroad one gets to see people like you. You invest so much in rebuilding vehicles ( yes, I followed your Honda and Camry rebuild) and still have the time to post useful information right here on NL.

Its really insightful Sir

4 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:10am On Jul 05, 2019
KngGezy:
Observing Sir,

I must say you are doing a great work. It's only abroad one gets to see people like you. You invest so much in rebuilding vehicles ( yes, I followed your Honda and Camry rebuild) and still have the time to post useful information right here on NL.

Its really insightful Sir

You are welcome on board!

1 Like

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:31am On Jul 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
30 minutes later client calls... vehicle went off again on the express road. He is currently waiting it out.

told him to bring it in once it starts and monday we will replace the Fusebox.

Let me search for pictures (phone currently filled with sienna pictures.. Let me delete and update I will be back)

Monday morning, I gallantly entered ladipo market, Bought the fuse box, got some other parts too and headed back to workshop.

I installed the Fusebox coupled the car and it started just fine.

Local man was impressed with him sef.

For quality assurance, I took the vehicle home that night, it sailed through very thick traffic like a champion and got home without event. I reported my successes to the client and told him in the morning he could come pick up the car.

Early next morning 6am I headed out with the car. 300meters from my house undecided

All lights on cluster went off..... And engine shut down cry

I told my self gazzuzz the terrestrial powers are after you cheesy

After every manipulation I did to try to start the car wa a waste of time.

I had to serve my ban like a man angry

I waited it out, by 6:45am, car started I drove to the shop, parked vehicle and left in another vehicle.

At this point there were more questions than answers.

I messaged client not too come for car again.

That day passed and I did nothing to the car.

Next day, I started car in workshop and left engine running. After about 3 hours it went off I inspected all the adjoining wiring under the dashboard on drivers side, found more sockets that had corrosion, and cleaned them after the cleaning car started, but this time around I took no chances, I cannot come and kee my sef, I left vehicle running in workshop.

Car still went off again and as usual we had to wait it out.

3 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by AutoMoTech(m): 3:38am On Jul 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Monday morning, I gallantly entered ladipo market, Bought the fuse box, got some other parts too and headed back to workshop.

I installed the Fusebox coupled the car and it started just fine.

Local man was impressed with him sef.

For quality assurance, I took the vehicle home that night, it sailed through very thick traffic like a champion and got home without event. I reported my successes to the client and told him in the morning he could come pick up the car.

Early next morning 6am I headed out with the car. 300meters from my house undecided

All lights on cluster went off..... And engine shut down cry

I told my self gazzuzz the terrestrial powers are after you cheesy

After every manipulation I did to try to start the car wa a waste of time.

I had to serve my ban like a man angry

I waited it out, by 6:45am, car started I drove to the shop, parked vehicle and left in another vehicle.

At this point there were more questions than answers.

I messaged client not too come for car again.

That day passed and I did nothing to the car.

Next day, I started car in workshop and left engine running. After about 3 hours it went off I inspected all the adjoining wiring under the dashboard on drivers side, found more sockets that had corrosion, and cleaned them after the cleaning car started, but this time around I took no chances, I cannot come and kee my sef, I left vehicle running in workshop.

Car still went off again and as usual we had to wait it out.

The car be dancing , madu madu on your matter grin

3 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:38am On Jul 05, 2019
Next series of days I did nothing, I just left the car and focused on my hybrid and other jobs that came in.

After a lot of (gazzuz.z how far with my car) from the client I told the bois to take down the dashboard so we can inspect all the wiring.

We found more corrosion on sockets and we were pleased grin

2 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:43am On Jul 05, 2019
cleaned sockets and coupled back together and the fuel gauge that was empty became full tank!

The battery light that was normal, started illuminating with the engine running

When I saw it local man was not happy!!!

What did you guys do?!!!!

Oga nothing o! Nah just clean we clean all those green green things....

We started retracing from the harness that led to fuel pump.......

1 Like

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by dicksonadams(m): 3:48am On Jul 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
cleaned sockets and coupled back together and the fuel gauge that was empty became full tank!

The battery light that was normal, started illuminating with the engine running

When I saw it local man was not happy!!!

What did you guys do?!!!!

Oga nothing o! Nah just clean we clean all those green green things....

We started retracing from the harness that led to fuel pump.......

Nice
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:53am On Jul 05, 2019
left the car again for another day to attend to other things.

After a lot of checks, fuel gauge was sorted out, I left engine to run almost the whole day and Ma guy was gallant...

In the evening I went to buy fuel it went well.

I parked it in the workshop, and went home.

Next day, I sent the bois on errands with the same vehicle... it went well...

We were all pleased, but the battery light was still slightly dim when engine was running.

Tested the charging voltage and it was within spec.

I started checking all ground connections and sanded them before reconnecting.. All grounding in engine bay also.

The battery light was still doing strong thing.

I added more ground connections from the body to the battery and from batt + to the positive connector on external Fusebox.

Battery light finally went off.

1 Like

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by AutoMoTech(m): 3:57am On Jul 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Next series of days I did nothing, I just left the car and focused on my hybrid and other jobs that came in.

After a lot of (gazzuz.z how far with my car) from the client I told the bois to take down the dashboard so we can inspect all the wiring.

We found more corrosion on sockets and we were pleased grin

Local mokalik is pleased grin
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:59am On Jul 05, 2019
left engine running next day and car went off after several hours.

At this point, one false Prophet that visited, said it was the immobiliser and transmitter unit, that he had seen this type of problem before.

I said thank you for your words of wisdom, I entered market and bought a matching pair of immobiliser and transmitter.

reprogrammed it and prepared for my over 100mile journey to test the vehicle.

I informed the client that problem had been solved and I was going to deliver next day after this test.

L

1 Like

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by AutoMoTech(m): 4:00am On Jul 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
left the car again for another day to attend to other things.

After a lot of checks, fuel gauge was sorted out, I left engine to run almost the whole day and Ma guy was gallant...

In the evening I went to buy fuel it went well.

I parked it in the workshop, and went home.

Next day, I sent the bois on errands with the same vehicle... it went well...

We were all pleased, but the battery light was still slightly dim when engine was running.

Tested the charging voltage and it was within spec.

I started checking all ground connections and sanded them before reconnecting.. All grounding in engine bay also.

The battery light was still doing strong thing.

I added more ground connections from the body to the battery and from batt + to the positive connector on external Fusebox.

Battery light finally went off.

Major ground connection in the engine bay causing this?
Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:12am On Jul 05, 2019
If you have ever driven a camry with a 2gr-fe engine and very stable suspension setup, you might have an idea of the bliss driving one...

Vehicle is an aggressive monster on the road, even the likes of HeavenlyBang would have a run for their money if I catch them on the road.

[img]https://media./images/28745044cad1d71c5e52c5d5b78afe9f/tenor.gif[/img]

Drove from the mainland to lekki at night crossing the dreaded third mainland bridge, it sailed through, visited my painter and inspected ongoing projects.

headed back to the mainland after informing client that car was now ok.

As I was approaching the start of 3MB just close where the police car usually parks, car off o!

At this point, I must say this particular car has a gentle spirit, just like the owner...

It always goes off in safe places grin

I parked, opened bonnet opened Fusebox, pressed all the wires there, disconnected and reconnected all the sockets I could find, went back inside, started car and for the first time I didn't have to wait it out! cheesy

Just then police came with a flashlight and asked if I was fine, I said yes sir, thanked him and drove off.

This time I drove carefully and slow, I called the client and told him, it is possible it is the front fuse box and not the inside one that is messing up.

He said Gazzuzz no problem change it as long as it will work! He also said he was tired of jumping bus and people splashing water on him with their cars grin

I said no problem.

2 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:20am On Jul 05, 2019
it was 11pm at night, driving gently just close to the ogudu bus stop, car went off again sad

I coasted into the bustop.

I said to my sef, Uncle let's go and press the front Fusebox again grin

Came down gallantly, disconnected all the wires on Fusebox, pressed here pressed there.. Omo car no answer me o!

Just then Mrs gazzuz.z called "is it still car you are repairing by this time? "

I had to explain my sef cheesy and told her to keep the Knights watch as winter might be really long.

Just then I heard thief thief thief... catch am thief thief...

6 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:32am On Jul 05, 2019
I looked in the distance and saw 2 men struggling on the express road.

I had to arm my self, as I cannot go down without a fight!

I was also on the phone with the client and I told him I shall call him back!

Opened the trunk, look for my shiny metal and studied my environment angry

One man ran under a lonely bridge, and another went in pursuit.

At this point for the first time since this car came, I decided to check fuse description/location in front fusebox.

Found IG2 fuse with my flash light from my phone I saw a wire sticking out from it, I removed the fuse and adjusted the wire went inside to start the car, car started undecided

I turned the car off went back to remove the fuse, studied went back inside to start car... car had exact symptoms of not starting, no lights on cluster and cooling fan spinning on high speed angry

I put the fuse back again car started!

Local man said to himself so nah you!!!!

6 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Ladies and Gentlemen that was how N50 fuse nearly turn me to mad pesin

For educational purposes, this is what happened.

The fuse must have gotten burnt some time in the past and a technician, just placed the copper wire around it, but the copper wire did not sit properly in the contacts, and the connection was partial.

The reason why I never checked fuses was that each time car went of, all you had to do was wait it out and car would start, the waiting period was not consistent.

Fuses are usually working or not working so really gooffed on this one grin

The good side is I am yet to collect any money from the client, and yes he is reading this thread and yes I am coming for you (is it me that tell u to use wire inside fuse? )

Car has been returned to client, and has been out for 3days and no more switching off in motion.

Buy a fuse today, save your self and your technician.

Say no to copper wire on fuse.

The end

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:47am On Jul 05, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Major ground connection in the engine bay causing this?

If it works just leave it alone cheesy

1 Like

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by Heykayxx(m): 5:38am On Jul 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Ladies and Gentlemen that was how N50 fuse nearly turn me to mad pesin

For educational purposes, this is what happened.

The fuse must have gotten burnt some time in the past and a technician, just placed the copper wire around it, but the copper wire did not sit properly in the contacts, and the connection was partial.

The reason why I never checked fuses was that each time car went of, all you had to do was wait it out and car would start, the waiting period was not consistent.

Fuses are usually working or not working so really gooffed on this one grin

The good side is I am yet to collect any money from the client, and yes he is reading this thread and yes I am coming for you (is it me that tell u to use wire inside fuse? )

Car has been returned to client, and has been out for 3days and no more switching off in motion.

Buy a fuse today, save your self and your technician.

Say no to copper wire on fuse.

The end
This is a good read. I enjoyed every bit of it.
Nice one, boss.

2 Likes

Re: It Was Just A N50 Naira Fuse by afoife: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2019
So interesting. Thanks Boss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SOLD Foreign Used 2007 Toyota Avalon XL N1.850M / Come $ Preorder From Fhemmmy- 2007 VW Rabbit *Some Rust* MANUAL-ONLY 1.45M SOLDD / Sharp NAIJA Use MDX 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.