Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,042 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Good Herdsmen By Gabriel Amalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Good Herdsmen By Gabriel Amalu (176 Views)

My Story Wih Fulani Herdsmen By Okafor Stan (Pictures) / Benue Belongs To Fulani Herdsmen By Right Of Conquest – Prof Muhammad / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Good Herdsmen By Gabriel Amalu by arewagist: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
As the battle rage over the proposed RUGA settlements, it is interesting to note that the father of faith, Abraham owned herds, and back then there were clashes over grazing rights. According to the book of Genesis 13:7, “there was strife between the herdsmen of Abram’s livestock and the herdsmen of Lot’s livestock.” Why? Verse six says: “Now the land was not able to support them, that they might dwell together, for their possession was so great that they could not dwell together.”
At the bottom of the herdsmen-farmers’ clashes that have led to inter-ethnic crisis in the country is access to land. To solve the problem between him and Lot, Abram proposed in verse eight: “Please let there be no strife between you and me, and between my herdsmen and your herdsmen, for we are brethren.” He went on: “Please separate from me. If you take the left, then I will go to the right; or if you go to the right, then I will go to the left.”
While our farmers and herdsmen may not have the luxury of going their separate ways as Abram and Lot did more at https://arewagists..com/2019/07/the-good-herdsmen-by-gabriel-amalu.html

(1) (Reply)

Senator Abbo Apologizes, Begs For Forginess / Ondo: Akeredolu Reshuffles Cabinet / Nigeria Election: Do What Nigerians Want – Atiku Tells Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.