Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Three Nabbed After Exhuming Deceased Relative's Corpse For Sale. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Nabbed After Exhuming Deceased Relative's Corpse For Sale. (605 Views)

Photos Of Those Exhuming Buried Chicken In PH / General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) / Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Nabbed After Exhuming Deceased Relative's Corpse For Sale. by AndreUweh(m): 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/oct/08/national-08-10-2010-022.htm
3 nabbed after exhuming deceased relative’s corpse for sale
By Moshood Adebayo, Abeokuta
Friday, October 08, 2010

•Gov. Daniel
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

It was the end of the road for three friends who exhumed the skull of the uncle to one of them for money ritual in Adamai village, Ipokia Local Government Area of Ogun State, as they are now in the police net.
The corpse was that of one Danso Dinde, who died in a mysterious manner and was buried about three years ago.

Dinde’s remains were buried in front of his family house in Adamai village. The nephew of the deceased, Jimoh Adinde who was caught along with others, by the Ogun State Police confessed to have collaborated with others to carry out the criminal act.

Adinde, a father of two revealed that the trio had carried out the heinous act about 1.00 am and had intended to dispose the skull at the price of 30,000. However, nemesis caught up with the trio when after the successful digging and removal of the skull from the grave, they forgot a cutlass which they had used by the grave side.

The curiousity of a son of the deceased who wondered why his late father’s grave suddenly became untidy led to the discovery of a cutlass which was allegedly traced to Jimoh Jimoh, 25, said he regretted his action which had already been condemned by the larger family and lamented that he would had continued as a commercial motorcyclist in Ajah area of Lagos State but for bad influence and companionship.

His words: “We were friends. The skull was that of my father’s elder brother who died and was buried in front of our family house about three years ago. “We went to dig the grave at 1.00am on Saturday and forgot the cutlass inside it. The cutlass was later traced to us.

“We intended selling the head for N30, 000. My brother, Taye, told other members of the family that I was the owner of the cutlass after which I and the other two were arrested by the police. A fragment of the skull was retrieved from us,” Adende regretted
Re: Three Nabbed After Exhuming Deceased Relative's Corpse For Sale. by AndreUweh(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2010
Even in his grave, they will not let him rest in peace. Shameful.
Re: Three Nabbed After Exhuming Deceased Relative's Corpse For Sale. by Dede1(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2010
^^^^ I never knew that people from the aforementioned section of Nigeria have so much love for money that dead can not be allowed to rest in peace. I guess those minnows who would want us to believe that money is the middle name of Igbo person should read this post.
Re: Three Nabbed After Exhuming Deceased Relative's Corpse For Sale. by AndreUweh(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2010
Dede1:

^^^^ I never knew that people from the aforementioned section of Nigeria have so much love for money that dead can not be allowed to rest in peace. I guess those minnows who would want us to believe that money is the middle name of Igbo person should read this post.
You captured it well.

(1) (Reply)

Us And Uk Citizen Should Not Rule Nigeria / Uk Banks Encourage Corruption In Nigeria / Christian Brothers Brandy Is The Best In Nigeria Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.