Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,325 members, 7,846,454 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause (24747 Views)

Chukwueze Renews Villarreal Contract With €100m Release Clause / Stoke City Signs Oghenekaro Peter Etebo For €7.2M / Chelsea Refuse To Meet Sarri's £7million Release Clause From Napoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Rexnegro(m): 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
na wa o
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Reeb2244: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
marvin906:
what am hearing is different Man City didn't activate the realease clause rodri bought he's own contract with 70mill..
another Neymar saga
Even Messi or Ronaldo can never buy themselves this amount to a team.
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Jokerman(m): 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
This guy don begin buy again...

This guy and Mourinho spoilt football with buying and buying, however proved himself with Porto before spending that's just the difference

When he came to England, and used clowns like sagna, navas, Negredo, zabaleta, etc, he won nada...

Mhen if many of these coaches, coached Arsenal instead of wenger,they'd just have been another villas boas or Alan pardew

Well we expect UCL this year though, no more focus on EPL or carling cup
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by jelel6: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
rusher14:

You mean he has unlimited resources.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good manager but we cant deny he starts with an advantage.

Mean while, Man Utd have spend roughly the same amount as City yet still finish 6, 2, and 6, in the 3 years Pep's there. With at least 18 points separating them.

While Man Utd is spending £50 for a massively overpriced right back who nobody else seem interested in, Pep's sign an equally overpriced Midfielder but Bayern, Barca has shown interest. Most of all, he's seen as the heir to one of the greatest defensive midfielder of his generation. Sergio Busquet.

Assembling a fantastic team is not necessarily an easy feat. Even if you have seemingly limitless funds. Man Utd is proof.

2 Likes

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by beautyhound(m): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2019
marvin906:
what am hearing is different Man City didn't activate the realease clause rodri bought he's own contract with 70mill..
another Neymar saga

dts hw to a club activates a player's clause. The player is given d money by d buying club to deposit to La liga nd den la liga gives d selling club.
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by jelel6: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
Jokerman:

This guy and Mourinho spoilt football with buying and buying, however proved himself with Porto before spending that's just the difference

When he came to England, and used clowns like sagna, navas, Negredo, zabaleta, etc, he won nada...

Mhen if many of these coaches, coached Arsenal instead of wenger,they'd just have been another villas boas or Alan pardew

How many did he buy at Barca and who where they?

1 Like

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Legendguru: 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
hmmm
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by clive2u(m): 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2019
omonla10:
Uefa pls come sanction man city fast.. Arsenal fc is depending on u o to enter UCL next season..
so we go and collect 10 2 from bayern?

1 Like

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Jokerman(m): 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2019
jelel6:

How many did he buy at Barca and who where they?

Yes he did great at Barca... In fact very great, Buh if they had wenger type of players, would they have done great??
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by peterd53(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Jokerman:

You’re just pained . How many signings did he make last season?? At least he brought a proven talent unlike United that spent £50m on a player that can’t nail a starting berth in England U-21 team

1 Like

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Tripitaka: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
marvin906:

I don't think so ..
kepa didn't buy he's contract Chelsea bought it directly

In Laliga, if there is a buyout clause in a player's contract, this can only be tiggered by the buying club depositing the amount of the buyout clause with La Liga/the player to release the player from his contract.

La Liga then pass the money onto the selling club.
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Jokerman(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
jelel6:

Mean while, Man Utd have spend roughly the same amount as City yet still finish 6, 2, and 6, in the 3 years Pep's there. With at least 18 points separating them.

While Man Utd is spending £50 for a massively overpriced right back who nobody else seem interested in, Pep's sign an equally overpriced Midfielder but Bayern, Barca has shown interest. Most of all, he's seen as the heir to one of the greatest defensive midfielder of his generation. Sergio Busquet.

Assembling a fantastic team is not necessarily an easy feat. Even if you have seemingly limitless funds. Man Utd is proof.

What fantastic team has man utd assemble??

Do you want me to list what man utd achieved when they assembled the word "fantastic"?
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by jelel6: 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
I think Pep is planning to stay at City for far longer than he did at Bayern and Barca. He improves the league but he's going to turn it to a one team competition.

Liverpool are at the same level but Klopp has to spend. They need a more creative midfielder for bus parking teams. Forget pride and buy Coutinho back.

I'm backing Liverpool next season since my club wants to unearth the next Busquets, Messi, Ronaldo, and Pele from Cobham. angry

1 Like

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Angelfrost(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
This is the kinda news that adds more grey colour to Klopp's hair and beards... Spurs right now will be looking at newly signed Ndombele, and asking themselves: "What was now the point".

As for United, Arsenal, and Chelsea: They probably wondering which of them can grab the usual consolation prize this season.

Personally, I'm wondering how much bribe the oil merchants offered FIFA and UEFA this time around before venturing on another ridiculous spending spree. grin
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by jelel6: 6:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
Jokerman:

What fantastic team has man utd assemble??

Do you want me to list what man utd achieved when they assembled the word "fantastic"?

I didn't say a club that has won 20 titles and 3 CLs never had a fantastic team oh.

They've spent more from Van Gaal through to Mourinho and there's no comparison to what they've done in the past with their squads or this Present City team.

In essence, Big Spending is not always equal to a fantastic team. Pep is spending and getting it right. Man Utd are not.

2 Likes

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by peterd53(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
Angelfrost:
This is the kinda news that adds more grey colour to Klopp's hair and beards... Spurs right now will be looking at newly signed Ndombele, and asking themselves: "What was now the point".

As for United, Arsenal, and Chelsea: They probably wondering which of them can grab the usual consolation price this season.

Personally, I'm wondering how much bribe the oil merchants offered FIFA and UEFA this time around before venturing on another ridiculous spending spree. grin

Which one his ridiculous spending spree. This is just their first signing and I don’t think they will make up to three signings.
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Angelfrost(m): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
peterd53:

Which one his ridiculous spending spree. This is just their first signing and I don’t think they will make up to three signings.

Maybe you don't know they are already in FFP bad books due to their last season spending...
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by solepager(m): 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2019
Carlyboi:
I think he is good tho but I don’t think he is all that he seems to be nowhere in big games especially when ATM crashed out to Juve in UCL dem pjanic matuidi practically overran ATMs midfield same against Barca in the second leg in La Liga I don’t think he’s something special but I think he would fit in well at city cos they’ve got a very good team already he won’t be easily found out he’s as soft as guardiola likes them I’d rather ndombele Allan even ndidi than this guy but ATM are the biggest winners in all of this bout 200m euros wud be made on him and griezmann alone If they’re smart they shd keep most of their money and go for decent and affordable buys around Europe don’t think they wud win La Liga or UCL next season even with their big players staying so why not make good money anything more than 70m for that Felipe deal shd be mooted and lest I forget they made 70m euros on Hernández too to Bayern Munich

Full stop and comma no dey your keyboard?

1 Like

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by jelel6: 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2019
Angelfrost:

As for United, Arsenal, and Chelsea: They probably wondering which of them can grab the usual consolation price this season.

You summed it up brilliantly grin grin. I tire sef.

Normally, when a team wins the league, others are more likely to catch up because they have more room for improvement. But Pep and Man City keep pulling away from the rest. I'm sure they'll definitely sign a defender still. It's almost ridiculous. grin
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Carlyboi(m): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2019
solepager:

Full stop and comma no dey your keyboard?
e no dey na!! undecided
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by peterd53(m): 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2019
Angelfrost:

Maybe you don't know they are already in FFP bad books due to their last season spending...

They only sign mahrez last summer and they’re safe right now. You can look it up
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by jelel6: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
peterd53:

You’re just pained . How many signings did he make last season?? At least he brought a proven talent unlike United that spent £50m on a player that can’t nail a starting berth in England U-21 team

Aptly said grin Man Utd have money but don't know how to spend it. 50m for Wan Bissaka?

Now dem Don spoil market for Arsenal way wan buy Zaha for 40m. grin grin
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Beedude(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
jelel6:

U dey mind those ones. Always looking for a way to discredit people that are successful.

1 Like

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Angelfrost(m): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
jelel6:

You summed it up brilliantly grin grin. I tire sef.

Normally, when a team wins the league, others are more likely to catch up because they have more room for improvement. But Pep and Man City keep pulling away from the rest. I'm sure they'll definitely sign a defender still. It's almost ridiculous. grin

Yes na... they will also sign additional striker sef.

If not for the negative scrutiny directed at them by the media, dem for don approach Mbappe sef.
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Angelfrost(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
peterd53:

They only sign mahrez last summer and they’re safe right now. You can look it up

Okay o... Let them sign away then. Let's hope they get the ever elusive Champions' League this time around. Kudos to them as they attempt to turn EPL to Serie A and Ligue 1. grin
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by lomprico(m): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
And their now new 'Lousy' neighbour are busy buying inexperienced kids. angry

1 Like

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by peterd53(m): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
jelel6:

Aptly said grin Man Utd have money but don't know how to spend it. 50m for Wan Bissaka?

Now dem Don spoil market for Arsenal way wan buy Zaha for 40m. grin grin

Man U na one kind funny team. Bayern Munich got two World Cup winners as their full backs (Pavard and Hernández). Quality and experience. How many exposure or top quality attackers dat bissaka don face?

2 Likes

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by jelel6: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2019
Jokerman:

Yes he did great at Barca... In fact very great, Buh if they had wenger type of players, would they have done great??

Don't ever try to downplay Pep's enormous impact in that Barca team. What other coaches choose to ignore, not see, or don't have the balls to try, he did it at Barca.

It takes a kind of coach to discard Deco, Ronaldinho and others while putting his beliefs on academy stars like Busquet, Pedro, and much younger Messi, Iniesta and Xavi who were at best talented but not the Real Deal then.

I think Pep has developed more world class players from youth than Wenger ever did despite having spend far less years coaching. People make their own luck you know.

Pep is so good that he makes winning seems easy.

2 Likes

Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by Angelfrost(m): 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
jelel6:

Well said... It's not all about the money, but about having the coaching acumen to place square pegs in square holes.

Man United has been unfortunate in the coaching department since Fergie retired... I pray Ole at least gets a structure on ground.
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by jelel6: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
peterd53:

Man U na one kind funny team. Bayern Munich got two World Cup winners as their full backs (Pavard and Hernández). Quality and experience. How many exposure or top quality attackers dat bissaka don face?

Haha. I heard he was stopping Zaha in training that's why Man Utd signed him. For a player who's a natural winger, I wonder how his defending is far better than his attacking play.

Bayern Munich, Juve and Recently City are smooth operators in the transfer market.
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by abogjohn(m): 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
marvin906:
another Neymar saga
Yes it’s true, they gave the money to Rodri to pay so Man City can bypass Financial Fair Play rule..
Re: Man City Signs Rodri By Activating His €70m Atletico Release Clause by greenguy: 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
rusher14:

You mean he has unlimited resources.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good manager but we cant deny he starts with an advantage.

Money is just a plus man, some have it but dont know what addition to make to their team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NFF Crisis: Buhari Has Saved Nigeria From Embarrassment, Says Pinnick / Mohamed Salah Wins FIFA Puskas Goal Of The Year Award / VP Osinbajo Unveils Team Nigeria's 2021 Olympic Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.