Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church (33033 Views)

CAN Disowns Ondo Pastor Arrested For Alleged Abduction / Rape Allegation: Nigerians Protest At COZA Church (Live Updates) / Busola Dakolo: Nigerians To Protest At COZA Church On Sunday Over Rape Allegatio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by crazygod(m): 7:31am On Jul 04, 2019
xtycool:

She has stopped going to the church since that incident, I don't know why people r saying she still attend the church, if u watch d video, she didn't kept quite about it, her family knew and some church pastors,but they kept it secret. In some months ago, that same pastor was alleged of rape they silent them as usual, Bukola used that opportunity to speak up, now people r blaming her.

Oga stop lying. She was still going to the church after the 'alleged' incident. She joined their choir even reach abuja sef.
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by BlueRayDick: 7:31am On Jul 04, 2019
glink2015:

Biased comments.
Even in busola first hand information ,there are a lot dark-spot in it.
Enough of these nonsense. Leave the matter for the judiciary to give the verdict.

What is biased? The fact that 10k was paid to the protesters which they confirm.themselves? Or the fact that they are spreading false information about the couple?

2 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by BlueRayDick: 7:33am On Jul 04, 2019
blowjohn:

Ogbeni.
Which 10k did they share?

Go to pulsenaija, instablog and tundeednut page and watch the videos. You will see the counter protesters confessing this.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by brainhgeek(m): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2019
Okwyla:
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) said the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) church is not a member of its CAN family following the rape allegation levelled against its Senior Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo.

In press statement signed by National Legal and Public Affairs, CAN, Evang Barr Kwamkur, Samuel Vondip, the body condemned the act and admonished pastors in the country to distance themselves from rape and any act of infidelity.

“CAN is deeply concerned about the ongoing rape allegation saga arising from a confessional statement by a former female member of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), Mrs. Bisola Dakolo, against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, the senior pastor of COZA.

“The association recognises that COZA, to the best of our knowledge, is not a member of any of the families that belong to CAN. CAN, as an association; it is equally sad that there have been recurrent allegations of rape and infidelity against some gospel ministers and other Christians as well.

“While efforts must be made to get to the root of the matter through thorough investigation, the association condemns totally, any act of infidelity either by a pastor or any member of the church of God.”

CAN frowned at immoral relationships in the society and said the acts are against the teachings of the Bible and the church.

“We urge all ministers of the gospel to shun all appearances of evil especially, unregulated closeness to persons in the church. Rape by every standard is sinful and an act of wickedness.

“We do not know for sure whether or not some or all of the allegations of rape and illicit relationship leveled against members of the clergy are true; we strongly appeal to all Christians to avoid blackmail against any brother or sister in the church for whatever reason. All of us must avoid making ourselves vulnerable.

“The association understands the challenges of preachers who, by virtue of their position as parents of all in the church, may stand the danger of being accused. All Christians, leaders most especially, must be circumspect in the way they walk, not as unwise but as wise.”

CAN called on the security agents and the judiciary to redouble their efforts in prosecuting the various cases of rape and other heinous crimes that are presently bedeviling our society without fear or prejudice.

“CAN recognises that this must be a very trying time for the ladies who leveled allegations against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo and on the other ministers whose stories are trending presently.

“We pray for them that to the extent to which they are true and sincere, God would strengthen and comfort them in their fight for justice. The association equally recognises that this is a very hard time for the Christian church in Nigeria, especially for worshipers in COZA and all other churches whose pastors are accused.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/rape-allegations-can-disowns-coza-church.html

If he goes to God for forgiveness, I am sure God will not disown him
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2019
landmark86:

You be real mumu
Did u think the so called pastor has interest in their saying?
He only acts/step down based on what people like u saying that he must step down to face the accusation against him. Since them have we hear anytin from the Dakolo's?

Mind u the church is still running and the members are not regretting. Hope He-diot like you see the outcome on sunday.

But Busola just tarnished her image cos once you see her both physical or on news what will first come to ur mind is how she claimed she was raped.

A stigma that can never be delected both on internet & mind

blowjohn:

Thank u.
When I say that the busola girl hasn't told us the full truth people start saying nonsense.
I keep asking how someone who is married and living the good life will suddenly remember that she was once raped.
And then decide to go all public with it.

It is only a senseless idiot that would laugh at a rape victim.
The both of you should grow up cannot publicly laugh at a rape victim.
So stfu only illiterates with nothing to offer make fun of people's situations.
It is good she spoke up and sensible people would rally around her.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2019
if the church were closed down before this time CAN would ve stand up ranting on newspaper pages now they had throw the baby with bath water what happen if he comes out clean from the case
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by DimIsaac10(m): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2019
Association that can't produce ordinary Leah Sharibu..
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by AreaFada2: 7:42am On Jul 04, 2019
Beremx:
that moment her family members didn't come out in solidarity to support her really baffled me. Seems her family are still members of the church.

Too bad
The thing many pastors use to do their church members nor be small o. I fear pastors jazz more than babalawo.

Some former pastors have confirmed while repenting that various devilish spiritual stuff are included: follow me, pull crowd, anointing, etc. All meant to make church successful and control the members like robots.

Once hooked members become mumu. Some men know their wives sleep with their pastor yet cannot do anything or leave the church. We are in religious dark ages my brother.

It is so bad that even women repeatedly raped by a pastor still come forward to defend same pastor. Their parents do same.

As for the case, I cannot say it is true or not. But the way the lady kept quiet is not unusual in that environment. Shame, stigma, being branded a liar or used by the devil to bring a holyman down are some of the fears.

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by peacengine(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2019
Hot coal on the azz of the krest pastor
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by MightySparrow: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2019
Pastor Ifa - to - yin- obo!

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by flexxyworld(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2019
Beremx:
OK noted.

I just want to ask one question. Is it possible for Timi Dakolo 's wife to have developed Stockholm syndrome for the randy pastor after the rape? Because me I don't understand why she continued going to the church after she was being raped.

Just asking

exactly my thought too. . how was she able to stand his sight at church? regardless of even if her family attends the church. pretending over such trauma as fresh as it was? when a situation happens more than ones then I don't think it's a mistake. I didn't hear her accuse him of taking her virginity and she was 16years then, if I'm not wrong. so many questions begging for answers. It wasn't at gun point, we didn't hear of her sustaining bruises when struggling but I'm sure between they really know the truth between themselfs

2 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 04, 2019
OCHKESTINE:
Ese Walters consented to an Affair with him. She never said He raped her.
Don't twist history just for effect. It is bad.
Say it as it is.

Imagine... A married man of God, a supposed role model having extra marital affairs.
To worsened the case, he had it with a member of the church, a sheep being devoured by her sheperd.

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 04, 2019
landmark86:

But Busola just tarnished her image cos once you see her both physical or on news what will first come to ur mind is how she claimed she was raped.

A stigma that can never be delected both on internet & mind

And ur spiritual father's name didn't got tarnished too?
Maybe it's ur love for biodun or ur mentality made u think her name is tarnished. She's already on powerful women platform, watch how she'll turn to a motivational speaker and women right activist.
She isn't the first public figure to be raped. Oprah Winfrey was raped twice, the whole world knows about it. What happened to her image??

2 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Clean2016: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2019
mascot87:
Peter denied Jesus when he was about to be crucified so anyone can deny anybody in the face of persecution. People have been denying family,friends,business partners etc when things turn around. Don't just get into problems,guilty or not ehn people will deny you including some of your family members. CAN isn't doing anything new afterall

Was Jesus crucified for raping or any related activities?
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by karma2000: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Comedian2019: 8:01am On Jul 04, 2019
nairalee:
In this life you will never know who got ur back until when you have failed, broke, down and out

Even your family members will deny you in your trying times.

Peter, Jesus Right hand man denied him to a 12 year old pikin sotay even cock started crying bitterly.

See as CAN is now denying him. Had it been they announced that COZA donated billions of dollars to IDP would they have come out to denounce it?

Failure is indeed a BASTARD!!!
That's life in Nigeria. If EFCC call you to help them get some information, not even arrest o, not that as a suspect. You would be surprised that most of your friends will stop picking your calls. They will condemn you and even spread wicked lies against you.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by passover221(m): 8:02am On Jul 04, 2019
And finally,it has proven beyond every reasonable doubt that CAN is a traitor to the Christian society.

So they really believed this ladys story

Tooo bad.

Anyways.this move will only make COZA and the COZA boss more stronger .
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by lomprico(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2019
Beremx:
OK noted.

I just want to ask one question. Is it possible for Timi Dakolo 's wife to have developed Stockholm syndrome for the randy pastor after the rape? Because me I don't understand why she continued going to the church after she was being raped.

Just asking

Brainwash, she was still brainwashed!!

That is the greatest weapon pastors use to Lord over their sheepies.
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by blowjohn(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

It is only a senseless idiot that would laugh at a rape victim.
The both of you should grow up cannot publicly laugh at a rape victim.
So stfu only illiterates with nothing to offer make fun of people's situations.
It is good she spoke up and sensible people would rally around her.

Why r u talking like this?
Where u there when she was raped?
Something under investigation is what u have already tagged as rape.
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 04, 2019
baby124:

It’s the shame. She will want to pretend that all is well. If she refuses to go to the church, people will ask questions. It’s apparent her family members were still attending the church even after she opened up to them. Her family really failed her. Even in this revelation, none of them came out to defend her!

This story of her crying though is fake and was started by Kemi Olunloyo
Are you sure she still attends the church because I doubt that?
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by D1zion: 8:48am On Jul 04, 2019
To me I feel this is not the rightful time for all this talks. As an organization of the Christian body why not go into the investigation to find out the truth then call him if his guilty council him & pray for him for God to forgive him & ask him to repent from his heart& ask those involved to forgive him & God too.is that what Bible said about sinners.
Yes no doubt maybe or maybe no he has done that,but Jesus said he came not for the righteous but the sinners. You that are casting stones on him how clean are you? How pure is your heart,if you're not doing what he has done then you're stealing or collecting bribes in one way or the other,you might be involved in envying people, gossips, hating etc.just name them. & in the sight of God there's no little or big sin,sin is sin! & the Bible says for the wedges of sin is death.so why are you people being called heads of the Christian association? You can't bring unity amongst your people. Some you call them fake & devil's like you portrayed TB Joshua. Yet,the Lord is still with him all over the world. All this things you're doing remember judgment day & the great tribulations that await everyone.

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 04, 2019
nairalee:
In this life you will never know who got ur back until when you have failed, broke, down and out

Peter, Jesus Right hand man denied him to a 12 year old pikin sotay even cock started crying bitterly.

See as CAN is now denying him. Had it been they announced that COZA donated billions of dollars to IDP would they have come out to denounce it?

This your comment eh na one in a million.wisdom no go kill you.

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2019
blowjohn:

Why r u talking like this?
Where u there when she was raped?
Something under investigation is what u have already tagged as rape
And why are you also trying to shame the victim since you feel the man is innocent cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Awoleesu(m): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2019
baby124:

It’s the shame. She will want to pretend that all is well. If she refuses to go to the church, people will ask questions. It’s apparent her family members were still attending the church even after she opened up to them. Her family really failed her. Even in this revelation, none of them came out to defend her!

This story of her crying though is fake and was started by Kemi Olunloyo

You are right @baby124.
I've also wondered why her immediate family has been mute over this saga! If no one, at least that her elder sister whom she claimed was at home at the instance of her assault, should have said something for or against the claim!

Like you did note, it's either she was not being truthful in her testimony or that her immediate family really did fail her by conspiring to prefer no word (about the rape) leaked out to the public.
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2019
nairalee:

What exactly are you about?
Are they supposed to say he's part of them when he's not?
Or don't you know there's freedom of association and religion in Nigeria?
Dey add sense join ur criticism na?
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by tical(m): 9:21am On Jul 04, 2019
ichidodo:
Some pastors are just lucky. They get to interact and mentor all kinds of pussies, Black pussie...Caucasian pussie....Asian pussies....Smart pussies...banker type pussies ..Choir pussies...power pussies...Fresh pussies...Brainwashed fishbrained pussies...Let's not even start with how powerfully connected these pussies are or could be especially here in Nigeria and you get to control what they control as a pastor. Its such a crazy intoxicating sh**t to be a young successful pastor in Nigeria that it can f**k your brain up.I believe the preacher just got carried away and it all went into his head.
I tell you my ni.gga.. no be small tin

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2019
uglodoh:

Haven't you read of fathers who repeatedly slept with their daughters. Are you saying the daughters were enjoying sex? The daughters would not say it out to people even to their mothers. The reason; nobody would believe them.

Look at it from that scenario, The Pastor playing the father figure ( man of God) and Busola ( daughter in Christ). Who would have believed that a Man of God raped a Daughter in Christ.

I am not saying her allegations are true.
Aunty, the daughter has no choice cause her father is directly related to her and live under his roof she has to. She could also be torn between exposing the man and having him jailed and the shame of being raped by her father. Some daughters will even protect the father. I've seen that before.
But in this case, she has a choice to leave the church. I stopped attending my parents church a long while ago and it's not like I was raped. It was just a matter of choice. She said it herself that they accepted his apology and continued attending his church to not arouse suspicion from her parents. This was in Ilorin. So why still attending his church in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by blowjohn(m): 9:55am On Jul 04, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

And why are you also trying to shame the victim since you feel the man is innocent cheesy

No am not nw.
I don't feel he's innocent.
But I also feel it perhaps wasn't rape exactly.
Shebi the victim wants to be famous cos if something like that happened a better option wud have been to carry guys to beat the man( ever since o).
Not to come and start a sitcom
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:58am On Jul 04, 2019
blowjohn:

No am not nw.
I don't feel he's innocent.
But I also feel it perhaps wasn't rape exactly.
Shebi the victim wants to be famous cos if something like that happened a better option wud have been to carry guys to beat the man( ever since o).
Not to come and start a sitcom
Go siddon jor undecided
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by dyydxx: 10:00am On Jul 04, 2019
Beremx:
OK noted.

Just asking

she quit immediately. It's a lie that she continued going. Please stop believing everything you read on instagram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi / Adeboye, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Oritsajafor, Listen To Christ Warning & Amend Ur Way / Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.