Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,936 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport (13331 Views)

FG Considers Banning Okada Across The Country / Tinubu Storms Ondo For APC Campaign Flag Off. / FG Considers Lockdown Of 18 Local Government Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Xisnin(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2019
Tomide007:

The deep sea port in Ibadan is also undergoing construction
Lies!
There is no sea in Ibadan.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Xisnin(m): 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
iknopro:
Why are these FG shying away from bringing this developments to the east even when is so sure that Igbos are the highest stakeholders in this importation business. I think that this hatred has really gotten out of hand.
This is a deep sea port and not a river port.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Xisnin(m): 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
Propsvilla:
If you can see the future, you will surely see that from Ibeju-Lekki in Lagos down to Ondo Via proposed coastal road has a very bright future. The deep sea port in Ibeju-Lekki is less than three hours drive to Ondo.

But more coastal states in the south South Region should have a deep sea port most especially Onitsha because of the high level of commercial activities in the city.
Onitsha is not in South-South and it has no sea.
There is a seaport being developed in Akwa-Ibom state.

1 Like

Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Orthello: 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
martineverest:
u aren't getting it......sea doesn't have barriers like rivers. rivers do have distributaries, tributaries, gorges,rapids, cataract etc....but sea don't

What point are you trying to make? Do you know that one the most renouned port in the world; Shanghai port is built on the mouth of Yangtze river?

Are you trying to tell me that if Nigeria were to be a sensible country that the Onitsha port and the Azumini river port won't be fully functional?
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Orthello: 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
Xisnin:

Onitsha is not in South-South and it has no sea.
There is a seaport being developed in Akwa-Ibom state.
Can you tell me the difference between a river and a sea?
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by martineverest(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
Orthello:

What point are you trying to make? Do you know that one the most renouned port in the world; Shanghai port is built on the mouth of Yangtze river?

Are you trying to tell me that if Nigeria were to be a sensible country that the Onitsha port and the Azumini river port won't be fully functional?
the topography of the Yangtze River isn't the same as that of Onitsha
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Xisnin(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
Orthello:

Can you tell me the difference between a river and a sea?
The difference lies in the size of the ship that can dock in the harbor.

Think of river port like a narrow street road that only a bike can use
while seaport is like an expressway which can accommodate buses and trailers.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by oyatz(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
The last two paragraphs have answers to your questions. Read it again, this time slowly without bias.

Ebeano49:

No, you are the one being tribalistic and supporting evil due to irrational hatred. Why Ondo? That's a sensible, patriotic question to ask. PH, Warri and Calabar have ports already which are deliberately neglected and dilapidated. It will be cheaper to develop these ones than build a new one in Ondo. Onitsha and Aba based businesses have the highest need for a seaport and PH, Warri or Calabar are much closer to them.
The question, why Ondo? is therefore legitimate but YOUR tribalism and hatred wont let you see the logic in it.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by oyatz(m): 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2019
Warri and Calabar can be re-designated for 'Light weights' Cargoes.

Heavy Duty Ocean liners can berth in Apapa, Lekki, Araromi (Ondo State) and their contents can be off loaded in batches to Light weight Cargoes which will berth at Warri or Calabar.

What we need is to invest more in water transportation through establishment of many Shipping companies, construction of access roads to our ports for easy evacuation of goods and long-term reduction in importation in favour of exportation.

Shittynaija:

Warri and Calabar is just a damn waste of money. Calabar depth is just 6 m while warri is like 7m which requires constant dredging leading to high maintenance cost.
Ibaka is deep, lekki and Ondo will be the deepest.
If we allow tribalism we will lose important things.

1 Like

Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by farem: 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2019
iknopro:
Why are these FG shying away from bringing this developments to the east even when is so sure that Igbos are the highest stakeholders in this importation business. I think that this hatred has really gotten out of hand.

We don't want to build on the sea-shore (Biafra) where water washes away. We would rather get a good land where our investment will thrive.

How can you entrust your property to a philandering spouse?

1 Like

Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Orthello: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2019
martineverest:
the topography of the Yangtze River isn't the same as that of Onitsha
That doesn't mean that there are no good prospects for Onitsha port.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Orthello: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
Xisnin:

The difference lies in the size of the ship that can dock in the harbor.

Think of river port like a narrow street road that only a bike can use
while seaport is like an expressway which can accommodate buses and trailers.
Why should I think that way? The major difference between a river and a sea depends on the nature of the water. One is salty while the other is fresh water.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Orthello: 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2019
farem:

We don't want to build on the sea-shore (Biafra) where water washes away. We would rather get a good land where our investment will thrive.

How can you entrust your property to a philandering spouse?
Argue constructively.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Xisnin(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Orthello:

Why should I think that way? The major difference between a river and a sea depends on the nature of the water. One is salty while the other is fresh water.
Since you already concocted your own reality, there is no point asking in the first place.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Tycyborg(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
Young man... I once drove to Delta port and what I saw there is not good... I took goods to the place and after buying fuel and the money the community boys collected from me, I vow to never go there again cos they will attack you from every angle but about other ports I have no idea... To be honest even a security man at the Port gate said those guys were the reason people don't use the port... Bus pay 8 to 10k to the community boys and trailers pay 18 to 25k... We are our own enemy

Ebeano49:

No, you are the one being tribalistic and supporting evil due to irrational hatred. Why Ondo? That's a sensible, patriotic question to ask. PH, Warri and Calabar have ports already which are deliberately neglected and dilapidated. It will be cheaper to develop these ones than build a new one in Ondo. Onitsha and Aba based businesses have the highest need for a seaport and PH, Warri or Calabar are much closer to them.
The question, why Ondo? is therefore legitimate but YOUR tribalism and hatred wont let you see the logic in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
post=79927337:

So this is the first thing that came to your mind immediately you saw this topic?
.......but why are some people life filled with so much TRIBALISM this way.
Is this the way you live your life everyday?
DEEP TRIBALISM!
You deserve a 2nd chance to live o.
What a life!

These politicans have been so successful in using tribalism and religion war to mess up with y'all brain since 1960!
Same Ethnic politics that Yoruba's and Hausa's have been playing so that vessels will not berth in onne or calabar
Abeg wetin yhu no know no put mouth
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2019
Barryseal:
Why Ondo and not Onitsha?
Onitsha doesn't have a sea but river
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by amozo: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2019
God bless ondo state
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Larryndelaw: 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
izombie:
So all the coast line in south south is not good enough abi. We already have one in lagos, why build another one in ondo instead of the south south or even onitsha? One nigeria indeed.
Ondo state is oil producing state and with proximity to the Coast. They deserve it.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Infinityk: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ikinternational:

You people really will just say anything online
Maybe there's two onitsha's
Google Onitsha port
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Infinityk: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ebeano49:

So, by your warped logic, if an Ijaw man becomes president tomorrow, he should ignore the seaport Buhari is building in Ondo and build a new one in his own area, right? It is thinking like yours that has kept this country where it is. You are correct, GEJ worked on things he thought were more expedient for Nigeria and not just his village. He expended a lot of resources building almajiri schools in the North. He permitted Adesina to heavily invest in irrigation in the North. He built the Kaduna-Abuja railway. He modernised nigeria's airports. To mention a few.

Goods imported into Ondo will still be ferried by road to Aba, Onitsha, PH. It makes no sense, but then again, you are not engaged in this discourse to make sense.
As if its only ibos into importing
U guys like to feel important sometimes
I was just seeing how u were shouting aba and Onitsha
As if other states in d country do not important
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by oyatz(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
Shittynaija:

Warri and Calabar is just a damn waste of money. Calabar depth is just 6 m while warri is like 7m which requires constant dredging leading to high maintenance cost.
Ibaka is deep, lekki and Ondo will be the deepest.
If we allow tribalism we will lose important things.
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by oyatz(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
The proposed SEAport will be in ARAROMI, Ilaje LG and not on any Ijawland.

martineverest:
why did u neglect the fact that delta and rivers got more seaports than lagos.. were u expecting another seaports in South South when almost all states in that region got one?....ondo is the only Niger Delta state that shares border with sea without a seaport...Edo port is under construction.

don't forget proposed seaport in ondo will be on ijawland,not Yoruba
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by deomelo: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2019

Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ

Indications emerged on Wednesday that the $8bn refinery proposed by Africa’s richest man and President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, would be located at the Olokola Free Trade Zone, Ondo State.

A senior official of the company, who asked not to be named because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, told our correspondent that the refinery would be located in the OFTZ. One of the factors considered for the location of the refinery, according to the source, is that it is the biggest deep seaport in the country and other big industries are located there; besides, Ondo is one of the oil producing states in the country.

https://www.legit.ng/36325.html

Ondo state should have been the location for Dangote refinery and the largest deep seaport in Nigeria, but Mimiko's incompetence and stupidity destroyed everything, this paved the way for Fashola to swoop in and lured Dangote and the deep seaport to Lagos.

Every state with sea access in the SW should have a deap seaport.

1 Like

Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by deomelo: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
iknopro:

Shebi GEJ don dash you village river port with warehouse and 2 forklifts?.

1 Like

Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by NkayStory(f): 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Even if Aso Rock is taken to onitsha you guys will still be full of Hate, you already said Apc is an Islamic party nothing good comes out of it. Wait for Atiku OK.
As long as you continue playing politics like this expect nothing less when you loose. You can't eat your cake and have it.
Buhari invest in anywhere you want to as long as it's a National thing The revenue will soon be distributed amongst the state.

Keep quiet and wait for the Seaport first before blabbing in excitement..

You can reward buhari with RUGA in Ondo State if you like..

Bunch of fickle-minded beings
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by deomelo: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
NkayStory:

See painment..

grin grin
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Infinityk: 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
NkayStory:

Who b this one
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by dalass(f): 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ikinternational:

Look at this girl that thinks she said something smart.
Using your reasoning, Nigeria should pack out of SS oil wells abi? Smh
You failed logical thinking
Countries that don't have oil wells are doing better than us...South West without the oil did great before the oil was discovered.
I wish the oil dries up quickly so we will see the region that will survive and thrive!
With the SS oil wells, how has that benefitted your bank account o , Mr logical thinking
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Ikinternational: 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
dalass:

Countries that don't have oil wells are doing better than us...South West without the oil did great before the oil was discovered.
I wish the oil dries up quickly so we will see the region that will survive and thrive!
With the SS oil wells, how has that benefitted your bank account o , Mr logical thinking

Again, you absolutely failed logical thinking. My comment was a direct reply to your statement. But instead of replying back to buress your previous point, you decided to go in three different directions.
I blame your teachers honestly. They had the opportunity to correct you but still decided to give you passing marks. Maybe you earned your grades in other ways
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Ikinternational: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2019
Infinityk:

Google Onitsha port

Google my own city abi? Literally LOL
I was born n raised in onitsha. My family has roots in onitsha going back to my paternal GF.

Funny guy
Re: FG Considers Ondo For Deep Seaport by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
NkemChukwudi:

We are Nigerians and I am happy with the location. Our fathers Nronsi and Azikiwe died for one Nigeria.
We are not ready in the East and only Ibos live in the East. I support the location of this port wholeheartedly even as a proud Ibo man.

Cc LZAA
you are still pained over that RUGA settlement abi ? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Calls For Restructuring: Go To National Assembly - Garba Shehu Tells Agitators / DSS Takes Over Abuja Court Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial / I Ate INEC Papers In Panic, Rivers Collation Officer Tells Enquiry Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.