Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Smoking - Please Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smoking - Please Help (1342 Views)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking ‘Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos) / How Tobacco Firms Violate Regulations On Underage Smoking In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoking - Please Help by etugba(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
Greetings Nairalanders

This is the first time I'm really discussing about myself on this platform because I'm really worried and I certainly need help here now...

I always read different treads almost everyday on how to quit smoking but I'm still finding it difficult...

I read the disadvantages of smoking cigarettes if it could scare me... cry

It actually does but I just can't stop... Sometimes I end up smoking 2 packets of cigarettes in a day... I'm scared about the damages this is costing me but I just can't stop..

I go as far as going to places that don't allow smoking to hangout on weekends, when I'm drinking without a cigarette, I'm uncomfortable and I'm forced to leave there immediately...

I go as far as staving myself off smoking from morning till midnight.. then I just can't sleep... I will open my gate by 1am to a provision shop in my area that sells all night just to purchase it even when I'm not on cash, I buy on credit cry

Absent the liability this has become to me, I'm more worried about my health and don't know how to go about this...

I have issues with my girlfriend because of this act, that's not my problem... But my health....

I'm quitting this because of my health not because of how the society sees it ...

Re: Smoking - Please Help by Maydayy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hk
Re: Smoking - Please Help by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ask God for help. If He doesn't help you, relax. Something must kill a man

2 Likes

Re: Smoking - Please Help by etugba(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2019
BlacSmit:
Ask God for help. If He doesn't help you, relax. Something must kill a man

I'm an atheist bro....

Moreover something of more importance should kill a man
Re: Smoking - Please Help by bro4u: 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
If actually the reason is because of your health then that should be more than enough reason to stop, or you want us to highlight the health consequences for you to be convinced more
Re: Smoking - Please Help by etugba(m): 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
bro4u:
If actually the reason is because of your health then that should be more than enough reason to stop, or you want us to highlight the health consequences for you to be convinced more

I read about the health consequences almost all the time... Trust me... I'm aware of the consequences... But just can't stop ....

I've tried everything I've read so far that actually worked for other people
Re: Smoking - Please Help by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
I understand ur predicament and it seems u re a slave to ur smoking addiction.
Truth b told, we all re a slave to 1 addiction or the other.

Since u already know the health implications, I think one of the ways people use for withdrawal is seeking Medical hlp not sure tho but I think I had heard it b4 that there are injections that can be given to aid withdrawal.

Then have u tried E Cigarettes. It comes in diff forms and flavors u shld try dat out as well
Re: Smoking - Please Help by etugba(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
Orlaoluwayimika:
I understand ur predicament and it seems u re a slave to ur smoking addiction.
Truth b told, we all re a slave to 1 addiction or the other.

Since u already know the health implications, I think one of the ways people use for withdrawal is seeking Medical hlp not sure tho but I think I had heard it b4 that there are injections that can be given to aid withdrawal.

Then have u tried E Cigarettes. It comes in diff forms and flavors u shld try dat out as well

Thanks for your concern...

Bro I've tried all those... I have some remains of nicotine chocolate bars.... I thought taking nicotine would be a turn off for the smoke... cry

I smoke immediately after induction
Re: Smoking - Please Help by Kaceman(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
Smoke j u pple no go gree cig na for hausa, Fulani even if u no wan smoke fry the j use the oil cook food
Re: Smoking - Please Help by shogsman(m): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
Smoking won't kill you,could damper your health a bit but so does simply living.
Re: Smoking - Please Help by BuyACar(f): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
Make new friends who don't like smoking.

And you'd see how stupid you look in their eyes.

You'd get sense small small.
Re: Smoking - Please Help by Prettyuche(f): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2019
shogsman:
Smoking won't kill you,could damper your health a bit but so does simply living.
Look at what you are saying.continue smoking till you damage ur liver.mitcheew
Re: Smoking - Please Help by wickedtuna: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
Try to always be in the company of people, like workplace. That reduces your smoking from say 6 sticks to 2. Thats a start
Re: Smoking - Please Help by shogsman(m): 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
Prettyuche:

Look at what you are saying.continue smoking till you damage ur liver.mitcheew
I don't even smoke,plus Nothing concern you with that one make you calm down.
Re: Smoking - Please Help by LMandela(m): 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Okay...

Average, how many sticks do you smoke in 24hrs? (don't tell me about packets, tell me how many sticks)

How often do you smoke? (duration between your smoking sessions?)

Where do you feel comfortable the most while smoking? (bar? at home? jungle?)

Do you like smoking alone or with friends?

What triggers you? (weed? pills? alcohol? depression? stress? lack of sleep?)

Answer the above questions, then we'll continue...
Re: Smoking - Please Help by etugba(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2019
LMandela:
Okay...

Average, how many sticks do you smoke in 24hrs? (don't tell me about packets, tell me how many sticks)

How often do you smoke? (duration between your smoking sessions?)

Where do you feel comfortable the most while smoking? (bar? at home? jungle?)

Do you like smoking alone or with friends?

What triggers you? (weed? pills? alcohol? depression? stress? lack of sleep?)

Answer the above questions, then we'll continue...

20 sticks at least a day....

3 hours and I start feeling uncomfortable....

Alone....

Everything triggers me to smoke... Happiness or sadness
Re: Smoking - Please Help by LMandela(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2019
etugba:

20 sticks at least a day....

3 hours and I start feeling uncomfortable....

Alone....

Everything triggers me to smoke... Happiness or sadness

at least 20 sticks? (that's 1 packet)/3hrs (anytime - alone). I believe I can help you but DO YOU WANT TO STOP SMOKING?

BTW, You skipped a question:
• Where do you feel comfortable the most while smoking? (bar? at home? jungle?)

• How long have you been smoking?

• How old are you? (I don't need your exact age, give me age range e.g 25-30yrs, 20-25yrs etc...)

• Is it only Cigarettes you smoke?

• What brand of cigarettes do you smoke? (Rothmans, Benson & Hedges, Dorchester, Pall Mall, London, Oris, Bohem, Mond, Esse)

• Do you drink alcohol? Do you take pills?

• Assuming it wouldn't impact your health, will YOU WANT TO STOP SMOKING?
Re: Smoking - Please Help by number2016(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2019
Why don't you stay close to a friend that we talk you at of it if your mind is there and keep you company all day even at night and also chew gums when ever your senses cums to cig bcus I know as at now with out u taking the cigarette u going to be very muddy and dull so u need someone all day and night to talk u out of it, very important and chew gum and also make sure u keep urself busy or go to a rehab...
Re: Smoking - Please Help by etugba(m): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
LMandela:

at least 20 sticks? (that's 1 packet)/3hrs (anytime - alone). I believe I can help you but DO YOU WANT TO STOP SMOKING?

BTW, You skipped a question:

• How long have you been smoking?

• How old are you? (I don't need your exact age, give me age range e.g 25-30yrs, 20-25yrs etc...)

• Is it only Cigarettes you smoke?

• What brand of cigarettes do you smoke? (Rothmans, Benson & Hedges, Dorchester, Pall Mall, London, Oris, Bohem, Mond, Esse)

• Do you drink alcohol? Do you take pills?

• Assuming it wouldn't impact your health, will YOU WANT TO STOP SMOKING?

I smoke anywhere conducive and responsible to do so,

I've been smoking for 7years now

I'm 25-30

I mostly take just cigarettes.. but I do a little of weed at most twice a month...

I do pills to but rarely....

My brands are bohem and red oris...

If it wouldn't damage me I also wish to stop because if feel like I'm a prisoner to it....

It makes me feel bad then I just have to smoke again to feel good
Re: Smoking - Please Help by jnoz23(m): 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2019
Guy no be only you, I have tried to understand this habit and break it
Re: Smoking - Please Help by tforever(m): 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2019
etugba:
Greetings Nairalanders

This is the first time I'm really discussing about myself on this platform because I'm really worried and I certainly need help here now...

I always read different treads almost everyday on how to quit smoking but I'm still finding it difficult...

I read the disadvantages of smoking cigarettes if it could scare me... cry

It actually does but I just can't stop... Sometimes I end up smoking 2 packets of cigarettes in a day... I'm scared about the damages this is costing me but I just can't stop..

I go as far as going to places that don't allow smoking to hangout on weekends, when I'm drinking without a cigarette, I'm uncomfortable and I'm forced to leave there immediately...

I go as far as staving myself off smoking from morning till midnight.. then I just can't sleep... I will open my gate by 1am to a provision shop in my area that sells all night just to purchase it even when I'm not on cash, I buy on credit cry

Absent the liability this has become to me, I'm more worried about my health and don't know how to go about this...

I have issues with my girlfriend because of this act, that's not my problem... But my health....

I'm quitting this because of my health not because of how the society sees it ...

Smoking
depletes levels of Vitamin C , an important antioxidant nutrient
and may also affect skin health and the ageing process .it going to take time.. contact me 08176186289.
Re: Smoking - Please Help by ThothHermes: 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
etugba:

I smoke anywhere conducive and responsible to do so,

I've been smoking for 7years now

I'm 25-30

I mostly take just cigarettes.. but I do a little of weed at most twice a month...

I do pills to but rarely....

My brands are bohem and red oris...

If it wouldn't damage me I also wish to stop because if feel like I'm a prisoner to it....

It makes me feel bad then I just have to smoke again to feel good
Have you tried "watching the craving" technique?
Re: Smoking - Please Help by Nostradamus: 10:06am On Nov 09, 2020
Is this thread still alive??

I smoke also(been a Chainsmoker for a while now).

(1) (Reply)

Drugs That Cure Infertility Within 60days (verified) / Snail Slime And Milk As Cure For Stroke / How To Whiten Your Teeth At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.