₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,297,674 members, 5,049,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2019 at 04:14 PM

Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager (395 Views)

Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Pregnant Lady Fetches Water For A Living At A Construction Site In Abuja / Quantity Surveyors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04
Hi all,

I am a Quantity Surveyor, Cost Expert and Project Manager

This is a thread for Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economists, Cost Experts and Commercial Managers.

Let discuss, learn and interact here to help one another. Please feel free to share useful information, articles, write up and ask questions related to our noble profession. Whether you are at home (Nigeria) or abroad you are welcome.

Let's keep the ball rolling.....
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by abdurrazaq(m): 5:44pm On Jul 04
Good to see that Quantity Surveying is represented on nairaland. This will go a long way in publicizing the profession in positive lights. Nice initiative OP. I hope more will join us in the nearest future

Cheers
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 5:57pm On Jul 05
abdurrazaq:
Good to see that Quantity Surveying is represented on nairaland. This will go a long way in publicizing the profession in positive lights. Nice initiative OP. I hope more will join us in the nearest future

Cheers

Thanks. I am happy to have you here. I believe others will join us soon.

Can Moderators please move this thread to front page?

Cc: Seun
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 6:03pm On Jul 05
This is the thread for Quantity Surveyors, Cost Expert, Commercial Managers and Construction Economist.

You are welcome whether you are working in the private or public sector.

The need for Quantity Surveyors is on the increase all over the world. This is a new development but we all need to keep up with the global trends in the built environment to be relevant
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by Julius444(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07
boay:
Hi all,

I am a Quantity Surveyor, Cost Expert and Project Manager

This is a thread for Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economists, Cost Experts and Commercial Managers.

Let discuss, learn and interact here to help one another. Please feel free to share useful information, articles, write up and ask questions related to our noble profession. Whether you are at home (Nigeria) or abroad you are welcome.

Let's keep the ball rolling.....

Call me on 08137407485 or chat me up on whatsapp, I have a job for you and I need it ready before tomorrow. Note, it's first come first have. If your phone number were here, I would have called you directly.
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07
Julius444:

Call me on 08137407485 or chat me up on whatsapp, I have a job for you and I need it ready before tomorrow. Note, it's first come first have. If your phone number were here, I would have called you directly.

Okay smiley
My phone number is in my signature. Good move to reach out to a professional
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by gabolz(m): 8:45am On Jul 08
I'm a proud Quantity Surveyor
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 3:39pm On Jul 09
gabolz:
I'm a proud Quantity Surveyor

That's a great one bro, welcome on board
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 3:39pm On Jul 09
Don't sign that contract!

Many contractors are only concern about the bills of quantities out of all contract documents. Many pay little or no attention to contract conditions. This has lead to project abandonment, disputes and conflicts in project execution and contract administration.

A contract should not be signed without thorough understanding of the terms of contract in the contract conditions.

Your signature to that contract is your consent, acceptance and agreement to all terms in the conditions of contract including all potential 'opportunities' and 'liabilities'
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 3:43pm On Jul 09
Hi,

I wanna share global trends in construction. This should be of interest to we Quantity Surveyors.

The global trend in construction include:

1. Building Information Modelling
2. Modular/Prefabricated construction
3. Blockchain technology
4. Use of drone/robots in construction and construction supervision
5. Lesson learnt

Please add to the list.....
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by qanda: 7:17am On Jul 10
Hello, does anyone here have NIESV past questions?
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by goldcorn: 10:01am On Jul 10
Proud qs

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 9:13pm On Jul 10
goldcorn:
Proud qs

You are welcome....
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 9:13pm On Jul 10
qanda:

I don't think so
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 10:57am On Jul 12
qanda:

I can link you up with a friend sha
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 10:58am On Jul 12
Hi colleagues,

How are we doing today?

How is work, business and all?
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by qanda: 6:56am On Jul 13
boay:

I can link you up with a friend sha
Pls do
Re: Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager by boay(m): 11:02am On Jul 19
qanda:

Pls do

Pm me

(1) (Reply)

How To Drive Traffic To A New Blog / Be A Graphic Artist In 4weeks / Job For A Chartered Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 308
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.