Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp (3978 Views)

Which Other Chat App Can Conveniently Replace Whatsapp / Facebook Unveils New Models Of Portal Video Chatting Devices (PHOTO) / This New Pocket-sized Drone Has Come To Replace The Selfie Stick. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by Johnnyoungster(m): 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
These apps include ‘self destruct’ features and end to end encryption as standard.

Whatapp has an active user of over 1 billion daily but recently its users have complained of one error or the other. Many are scared to more over to other chatting apps because of one reason or the other. So in this post we would look at whatsapp best alternatives in 2019. What was that beep? Did you just get another WhatsApp error? Time to make the switch.

1. Telegram Messenger
Telegram Messenger has been known as the best WhatsApp competitor for a while now and nothing’s changed. The open-source messaging app is still the best WhatsApp alternative out there. Along with the usual messaging features that both WhatsApp and Telegram pack, the latter brings other features like super groups of up to 5,000 people, public channels, usernames, ability to share files of up to 1.5 GB, pass code lock, self-destructing messages and end-to-end encryption in secret chat among other things. Then, there are Telegram Bots, which really enhance the experience. The bots not only bring you important info on the go but there are several game bots that let you play games inside the messaging app. Cool Right!!

[img][/img][img][/img]
Pros:
Open-source software
User-friendly platform
Cloud-based so you never lose your material

Cons:
Encryption is not by default and needs to be manually turned on
Created own standard encryption, which has been criticized

2. Signal Private Messenger
Open Source Systems, the company that powers the end-to-end encryption technology in WhatsApp Messenger and Facebook Messenger, offers its very own messaging app dubbed Signal Private Messenger. As you’d expect, Signal brings a number of security benefits when compared to WhatsApp. Unlike WhatsApp, the open-source Signal app offers self-destructing messages, screen security (prevents anyone from taking screenshots), and more. Plus, Signal brings encryption to its backups, calls and every other data in the app. Even the files that you send using Signal are protected.

It’s a great app for anyone who wants to securely converse with other users. That’s why, Signal is quite popular with journalists. Signal Private Messenger is for people who are looking for a simple and secure messaging app and if you are looking for something like that, it is the best WhatsApp alternative for you.

Pros
End-to-end encryption
Open source encryption
Available on all major platforms
Disappearing messages

Cons
No animated emojis

3. Wire
If you are looking for a fresh new messaging app, you should give Wire a shot. The app has gained a lot of accolades among users, due to its beautiful interface and unique features. The app does have a gorgeous interface and in a world where most messaging apps kind of look the same, it’s a pleasant surprise. It might be fairly new but it’s already very feature rich. The open-source app brings end-to-end encryption while also letting you to use it on multiple devices at once.

Read More: http://jaycrazy.com/five-chatting-app-that-can-replace-whatsapp/

Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by rottennaija(m): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
Nice information

1 Like

Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by Mikeidumokhai12(m): 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2019
WhatsApp is really frustrating this days..
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by alphaNomega: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
You should not forget LINE
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by timay(m): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2019
Mikeidumokhai12:

WhatsApp is digging it's own grave with the uselessness it exhibits nowadays. People that are even managing it by using GBWhatsApp are being banned, very soon , people will move away from it

1 Like

Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by y3mi(m): 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
Why isn't Flayme mentioned, whatever happened to them ?

timay:

WhatsApp is digging it's own grave with the uselessness it exhibits nowadays. People that are even managing it by using GBWhatsApp are being banned, very soon , people will move away from it
GBWhatsapp isn't officially from the WhatsApp company, it's a third party app modded on WhatsApp sourcecode just like LynxxBliss is to Kik, correct me if I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by Sirmuel1(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2019
Mikeidumokhai12:

How? I use whatsapp also and it's perfect.

1 Like

Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by Kingsaeedibn: 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
That wire make sense..

@salafywintersoldier

Add me up
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by Trendy247: 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
y3mi:

GBWhatsapp isn't officially from the WhatsApp company, it's a third party app modded on WhatsApp sourcecode just like LynxxBliss is to Kik, correct me if I'm wrong.
So?
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by willyo(m): 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
Just 3/7... Not up to 50% already
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by Nightking04(m): 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
Leave our WhatsApp for us.
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by chukxie(m): 3:55am On Jul 05, 2019
Out here we use Wechat. From booking flight, train tickets, paying for everyday items, shopping online, ordering taxis, mobile top up, bank transactions, ordering food, movie tickets...The only setback Wechat has is that its functionality is reduced outside of China grin

Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by Katier00(f): 6:28am On Jul 05, 2019
If it is not whatsapp, then it is not original
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by seanwilliam(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2019
y3mi:

baba are u a husler?
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by kingxsamz(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2019
I've seen the features of Gb whatsapp...but, I don't know, I just feel good using the original WhatsApp.
Re: Seven Chatting App That Can Replace Whatsapp by JeremiahJosiah(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2019
:oDont forget 'imo'

(1) (Reply)

My Phone Charges Slowly. What Could Be The Cause? / Chrome Is The Best Thing After Fried Rice / Tecno Phantom X: A Honest Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.