Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Scam Alert! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Alert! (268 Views)

SCAM ALERT, Beware Of Incomenigeria.com They Are 419 !!! / Bitcoin Scam Alert / (Scam Alert)Avoid this fuel station if you live around this axis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert! by horia: 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2019
Greetings my fellow nairalanders.
Recently, I noticed something, and today it happened again.
I got a message from a contact named 'Police' requesting for my presence at their station or paying the fine as an alternative. It was not much of a threat since I wasn't having any problem that required me to pay a fine to the police and the contact name looked childish. I don't think 9ja police will name their contact 'Police' or ask for a fine through text message.

Today I got another message from a contact named [b]Doubble. I thought it was from either my network provider or my bank. It had a link and I clicked on it, only to get to a site that was requesting for my BVN.

At this point a realized that "Dear customer The central bank has blocked ur ATM" was no longer sent with unknown numbers. These contacts are now given caller IDs.
[/b]
These things are going to change overtime and we should try to detect them as we've always done. it's not easy to think straight for while after your money gets deducted by someone who didn't work for it just to spend it on cartons of wine that they would barely drink a bottle.

A scrnsht of the site;

Re: Scam Alert! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2019
It's a SCAM.....
Re: Scam Alert! by horia: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2019
one that some people could easily fall into.
I think that caller ID is really dangerous

(1) (Reply)

Missing Nigerian Student, Obasanjo Found Dead In The Booth Of His Car / Police Told Him To Move His Car And This Happened}} / Getting 'shorty' How The Drug Lord  'el Chapo' Was Nailed(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.