Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (83537 Views)

Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd / Pastor Yemi Davids Shares How He Abandoned Uk-based Girlfriend To Marry His Wife / Does The Church I Attend Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by enemyofprogress: 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
If you think Biodun Fatoyinbo did it, press share, if you think he didn't did it press like
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by ioswald(m): 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
Do You Need Spiritual Solution To Your Spiritual Problems?
1 hour ago Oswald Israel

Do you have a need for any spiritual problem? why not take the time to visit Snr. Mother Regina Israel today and experience the manifestation of divine powers.

We offer solutions to any manner of spiritual problems ranging from:

– Spiritual Husband/ Wife
– Witches/ Wizards attack
– Spiritual or any type of poisoning
– Family problems
– Ancestral curses
– Marriage problems
– Promise and Fail
– Near success syndrome
– Delays in Life
– Financial Restoration
– Jobs
– Promotion
– Contracts
– Business Favor / Boom
– Crowd Puller for your Business or church
– Love and marriage
– Love me alone
– Love and marry me
– Favor
– Goodluck
– Fast luck
– Door Opener
– or are you longing to have your own child? look no further.
We have All the solution to your problems.

you can call us on 07061246175, 08157468620 or 07082164501

Number 1 Nwemem Avenue, Opposite Imeh Playground, (just behind the carwash) Igbo-Etche, Rivers State Nigeria.

www.oswaldblog.com
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Maamin(m): 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2019
Which one should we believe now

Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by akdjr(m): 12:05am On Jul 05, 2019
Case to Court where a smart lawyer can win case even if the accused actually committed the crime. Take both of them to shrine and get judgement within 3-7 days . quoteesicilian post=79945615]They should carry the case to court and stop all this media nonsense.[/quote]
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Spacewalker(m): 12:13am On Jul 05, 2019
AntiWailer:
That is what rapists do.

Throw plenty lies to make the victim sound mad and unbelievable.

I have always believed Busola and Timi Dakolo.

All the stunts being done by Coza is an obvious lie.

You remember that foolish girl that claimed MC Galaxy raped her and came back to say it was false ? she is a COZA member too.

It was strategically done to make this look unbelievable.

Instead of the idiots to apologize they will change strategy of attack.

Watch out all those defending Biodun, they are either unrepentant COZA members or former rapists.

U are the rapist that will rape all the women in ur family ,idiot
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by abbey621(m): 12:34am On Jul 05, 2019
Freehuman:

Attached to this comment are screenshots of The Nigerian Evidence Act, 2011.

Under the English common law received into Nigeria by the Supreme Court ordinance of 1914 and Interpretations Act in section 45, Bukola Dakolo would have no case because of the common law doctrine of Res gestae which rendered Criminal cases useless if the evidence was not contemporaneous in time and place.

The law is dynamic and evolves to serve situations like this, thus the enactment of the Nigerian Evidence Act which renders the rules of common law void when it is inconsistent with the provisions of the Evidence Act.

Section 4 of the Evidence Act, 2011, attached below provides to the effect that evidence which occurred at a different time and place related to the fact in issue is relevant and therefore admissible in court.

Thus, the provisions of that section when read in Pari materia with sections 5-10 of the Evidence Act, makes circumstantial and character evidence admissible in court.

This is not an American Legal movie where videos (documentary evidence as defined by section 258 of the Evidence Act) and forensic evidence are required. According to the acclaimed victims story, her brother went to make trouble at the residence of the alleged predator when he became aware and there was settlement. That very act and testimony of witnesses of that act and the terms of settlement after the victim's brother's action, the involvement of the suspect in cultism at about that period is enough if corroborated as circumstantial and character evidence to prove the case.

Even a baby lawyer would find it easy to get the case dismissed. What was the terms of the settlement, what method was used to make payment? Any written communication? Strike out the cultism factor because it has no bearing on the case, at the time of the alleged incident, he was already known as a religious influencer, in fact the victims own testimony would back that assertion, she felt safe enough to open the door for him. Listen well, circumstantial evidence is hard enough to be a basis of sound legal judgment not to talk of the witness relationship with the alleged victim. I SURE HOPE IT GETS TO COURT....Lol.
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 05, 2019
abbey621:

Even a baby lawyer would find it easy to get the case dismissed. What was the terms of the settlement, what method was used to make payment? Any written communication? Strike out the cultism factor because it has no bearing on the case, at the time of the alleged incident, he was already known as a religious influencer, in fact the victims own testimony would back that assertion, she felt safe enough to open the door for him. Listen well, circumstantial evidence is hard enough to be a basis of sound legal judgment not to talk of the witness relationship with the alleged victim. I SURE HOPE IT GETS TO COURT....Lol.

When there is no direct evidence, the court has ruled, in many cases, that circumstantial evidence is enough. In the absence of documentary evidence oral evidence is enough. A reasonable man does not expect a gathering of elders and laymen to sign a document during a resolution, testimonies of the witnesses are sufficient.

I intended to address your submission that there was no evidence she could tender. Whether the evidence carries weight or not is the sole discretion of the judge after all the Job of the defense counsel is to make the evidence weightless.

And mind you cultism is related to the case. She said that when he was about to rape her , she wasn't seeing the pastor in him but she saw a cultist that he had always talked about being which made her keep quiet for fear of her life and that of her family members. The court does not know the meaning of forgiveness. Cultism is a crime and punishment is imprisonment, he cannot deny the allegation of cultism which he admitted. Telling your congregation that you are no longer a cultist does not absolve a person of the crime of cultism. A formal surrender or submission to the state through the police force would be a genuine proof of abstinence from cultism. Cultism therefore becomes the fact that induces fear on the victim. The Evidence Act does not only make facts related to the fact in issue admissible but also facts related to the facts related to the fact in issue.

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by 9jaRealist: 12:56am On Jul 05, 2019
marvin906:

last I checked nigga you didn't buy data for me..
so please fvck off

I will ignore the childish crude personal insult, because I was raised better...
But suffice it to note that if you don’t want folks to comment on your posts then keep them to yourself.

When you voluntarily SHARE your opinions (or otherwise impose them) in the PUBLIC space...
The PUBLIC that you address (or otherwise seek to influence) has an UNFETTERED right to respond/comment. SMH
>
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by 9jaRealist: 1:07am On Jul 05, 2019
exlinklodge:
Guilty or not guilty in the court of law as well as "beyond a reasonable doubt" is simply semantics.

If someone is guilty in the court of law, it means he committed the offence being accused off. Note: in the real world, he may also be innocent of that crime.

On the other hand, if the person is found not guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law, it simply means the person is innocent. Note: in the real world he or she maybe or may not be innocent.

Not guilty is the same as saying the person is innocent. Why, because u can't call the person a convict, and he or she cannot be tried on that same case again. Which will amount to double jeopardy.

So it's just semantics.

Nope, it’s not. In fact, several factually guilty persons are acquitted on technical grounds...
A verdict of “not guilty” merely means the state failed to meet its burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Meanwhile, of course a person can actually be tried on the same case more than once...
Either by a different sovereign (eg, James Ibori) or upon the discovery of previously-unavailable evidence.
>
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by budaatum: 1:35am On Jul 05, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by abbey621(m): 1:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Freehuman:

When there is no direct evidence, the court has ruled, in many cases, that circumstantial evidence is enough. In the absence of documentary evidence oral evidence is enough. A reasonable man does not expect a gathering of elders and laymen to sign a document during a resolution, testimonies of the witnesses are sufficient.

I intended to address your submission that there was no evidence she could tender. Whether the evidence carries weight or not is the sole discretion of the judge after all the Job of the defense counsel is to make the evidence weightless.

And mind you cultism is related to the case. She said that when he was about to rape her , she wasn't seeing the pastor in him but she saw a cultist that he had always talked about being which made her keep quiet for fear of her life and that of her family members. The court does not know the meaning of forgiveness. Cultism is a crime and punishment is imprisonment, he cannot deny the allegation of cultism which he admitted. Telling your congregation that you are no longer a cultist does not absolve a person of the crime of cultism. A formal surrender or submission to the state through the police force would be a genuine proof of abstinence from cultism. Cultism therefore becomes the fact that induces fear on the victim. The Evidence Act does not only make facts related to the fact in issue admissible but also facts related to the facts related to the fact in issue.

Sorry but you're mixing apples with oranges. There's no way the cultism angle will be used to convict someone of a rape that happened over 20 years ago, absence of any other strong evidence, there's just no way. Not in America, not in Nigeria! Now when you consider that the pastor is loaded financially and m,ust surely have a strong legal team, the case would be nothing but a circus show that would lead to no criminal verdict. Civil case is another matter, civil case they could use his promiscous nature and past against him easily but criminal, forgat am!
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 05, 2019
abbey621:

Sorry but you're mixing apples with oranges. There's no way the cultism angle will be used to convict someone of a rape that happened over 20 years ago, absence of any other strong evidence, there's just no way. Not in America, not in Nigeria! Now when you consider that the pastor is loaded financially and m,ust surely have a strong legal team, the case would be nothing but a circus show that would lead to no criminal verdict. Civil case is another matter, civil case they could use his promiscous nature and past against him easily but criminal, forgat am!

Not my business as a prosecution . I'll just tender circumstantial evidence which is the only evidence I'm likely to have, the defense counsel counters it and the Judge delivers his judgement.
My argument has never been whether the evidence has weight to secure a conviction against the accused, my argument is that there is circumstantial evidence available contrary to public opinion that there is no evidence. Whether it has weight or not is another issue .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by abbey621(m): 1:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Freehuman:

Not my business as a prosecution . I'll just tender circumstantial evidence which is the only evidence I'm likely to have, the defense counsel counters it and the Judge delivers his judgement.
My argument has never been whether the evidence has weight to secure a conviction against the accused, my argument is that there is circumstantial evidence available contrary to public opinion that there is no evidence. Whether it has weight or not is another issue .

Oh ok, in that case you're right. Her testimony alone is evidence, no argument here grin grin

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by stanliwise(m): 1:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Spacewalker:

U are the rapist that will rape all the women in ur family ,idiot
I dey suspect you. Because the guy you quoted didn't mention anyone name.
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 05, 2019
abbey621:

Oh ok, in that case you're right. Her testimony alone is evidence, no argument here grin grin

Of course. I know how the court works. Though I argue towards her direction and not objectively, I genuinely know it would be hard for the prosecution to prove beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Evercurious(f): 2:16am On Jul 05, 2019
babytoun:

She calls the shots now ..and can tell when she wants to rest the case ...Any attempt to coerce her into silence will backfire like the DNA calls did .

And who wants to stop her from talking?. Or are you a schemer? If not. Pls advise her to head to court of really she has a case.. Not all these childish rants on SM .
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Evercurious(f): 2:17am On Jul 05, 2019
babytoun:

Wetin concern paternity test with pastor coming to respond to rape allegation ?

IT DOES COS ITS OBVIOUS SHE IS HIDING SOMETHING
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by laudate: 2:59am On Jul 05, 2019
AntiWailer:
That is what rapists do.

Throw plenty lies to make the victim sound mad and unbelievable.

I have always believed Busola and Timi Dakolo.

All the stunts being done by Coza is an obvious lie.

You remember that foolish girl that claimed MC Galaxy raped her and came back to say it was false ? she is a COZA member too.

It was strategically done to make this look unbelievable.

Instead of the idiots to apologize they will change strategy of attack.

Watch out all those defending Biodun, they are either unrepentant COZA members or former rapists.
Na true word you talk! sad shocked
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 05, 2019
paparazzi1987:
to see that Mr. Reno Mockery is still siding with Mr. FatOBOya is alarming grin

Mr. FatOBOya was well known pastoral-womanizer in Unilorin wink
womanizer and rapist two different..... one is a criminal act anc the other is an immoral
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 05, 2019
sonnie10:
Should a clergy revile what was disclosed to him to the authorities? The clergy penitent privilege protects them from being responsible.
In light of the aforementioned, Would it be an abuse of privilege for the Pastor to now come forward with this testimony?
i wonder how he knew cos the lady never mentioned his name in the interview
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Jaynom:

You wouldn't say this if it was your daughter!
if its your own daughter don't take her to court instead take her to Facebook, youtube, snapchat, Twitter and Instagram and start advertising that ur daughter has beeb raped
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 05, 2019
martowskin1:

The guy was ready for it... He allow them exhaust all their lies and came out to debunk it when they least expected
something is fishy btw these two people why aren't they suing each other...... one thing that bothers me is that I wonder why timi deleted all his wedding and personal vids on YouTube yesterday
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by yeyeosoronga: 5:15am On Jul 05, 2019
Freehuman:

Bill Cosby is in prison now due to similar stories of rape, drugging women etc committed years ago. Of course non had any DNA evidence or whatever, but the testimonies of plenty people were just enough to nail him. Biodun similarly has many victims. I hope they can all come out and share their testimonies in court about the special grace of rape upon Biodun.

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by yeyeosoronga: 5:19am On Jul 05, 2019
sonnie10:
Should a clergy revile what was disclosed to him to the authorities? The clergy penitent privilege protects them from being responsible.
In light of the aforementioned, Would it be an abuse of privilege for the Pastor to now come forward with this testimony?

The lady in question has probably given him the go ahead to talk. She has also publicly told her story, and is fine for him to corroborate her struggles over the years.
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by yeyeosoronga: 5:22am On Jul 05, 2019
segunmelvin:
something is fishy btw these two people why aren't they suing each other...... one thing that bothers me is that I wonder why timi deleted all his wedding and personal vids on YouTube yesterday

He did no such thing. His wedding videos are all over social media. Some people are telling loud lies to discredit him

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzfz3JvA0P8/?igshid=31ciusiz6kb8
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 05, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

He did no such thing. His wedding videos are all over social media. Some people are telling loud lies to discredit him

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzfz3JvA0P8/?igshid=31ciusiz6kb8
Please if you cant read well or don't understand English or pidgin abeg no quote me unless otherwise....... someone deleted all his wedding and personal videos on YouTube den posted just this short version yesterday..... or u can't see it was posted 14hrs ago
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by clemzo101(m): 5:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Righteousness89:
Wow!!

We Live in a Wicked World andThe Heart of Man is Evil and Desprately Wicked

Why on Earth will fellow Humans utter open lies ..

Dakolo wedded in Coza !
Dakolo was Music Minister!
Dakolo said this! Dakolo said that!

And all were Lies...

Judgement Truly will Begin in the House of GOD..

Men and Brethren, Let's do all we can not to be on this Once JESUS Comes (RAPTURE)..

If The Wicked Heart of Humans are Like these in these Times of GRACE, Imagine the Degree of Wickedness that will be on Earth After the Saints are Gone

I'm telling you, all to cover up the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by martowskin1(m): 5:38am On Jul 05, 2019
segunmelvin:

b4 they will use it to spread more lies..... the accuser is not just an ordinary man..... well is not of my business, but the more they try to prove biodun innocence they more can of worms are open

by now him and his people should be working on damage control, because is getting out of hand
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 05, 2019
martowskin1:

b4 they will use it to spread more lies..... the accuser is not just an ordinary man..... well is not of my business, but the more they try to prove biodun innocence they more can of worms are open

by now him and his people should be working on damage control, because is getting out of hand
use it to spread more lies.... do you think before speaking at alll
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by martowskin1(m): 6:10am On Jul 05, 2019
segunmelvin:
use it to spread more lies.... do you think before speaking at alll

Haven't we see videos been edited b4 in this country.... To claim what is not....

And the gullible ones believe so fast, more over this is a man majority of his followers worship....

Thy are more concerned about any mix step in dakolo's life, rather than facing the various accusations laid against their god....

And please u don't have to insult me to make a point, am responding to u because u first quote sound matured.....
Re: Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids by yeyeosoronga: 6:20am On Jul 05, 2019
segunmelvin:
Please if you cant read well or don't understand English or pidgin abeg no quote me unless otherwise....... someone deleted all his wedding and personal videos on YouTube den posted just this short version yesterday..... or u can't see it was posted 14hrs ago

The church that officiated the wedding is still existing. Many of the people that went to their wedding are still alive. The wedding certificate given by the church that wedded them will still be there, and the marriage register itself will still be there. I'm very sure COZA had no participation at all in their wedding. Why are some people then bent on changing the narrative? Till this incidence, their family was never known to have anything to do with COZA.
All these things are easily verifiable. I'm surprised you expected him to post the whole length of his wedding video on instagram. I'm yet to see anyone say they ever saw his wedding video online prior to this incidence, so where does the issue of deleting it come from when it was never online?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MMM Being Advertised In RCCG Church Service (Photos) / Mbaka Raises Alarm About Buhari's Life & Current Situation Of Things / Receive Your Supernatural Healing By Faith, In Jesus Name. Amen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.